mac os x tcl audio problem

Hi
I'm running an audio application (snack)
using TclTkAqua8.4, and whenever I try to
access audio I get,

AudioDeviceAddIOProc failed

running 10.2

Audio works fine outside of tcl.

any suggestsions?
thanks
paul lansky
paul@princeton.edu

0
paul349 (3)

Tcl/Tk problems on Mac OS X
The program I asked about is rather long, but here is a stripped down version consisting of just the GUI. Under GNU/Linux it creates the non-popup windows, and sets up the menus. With the exception of "Quit", the commands have been removed. My friend with the Mac says that when he tries to run it it fails in exactly the same way as the full program, that is, he sees some pastel-colored rectangles and then it hangs. encoding system utf-8 package require msgcat proc _ {s} {return [::msgcat::mc $s]}; # Define shorthand for gettext # Use a virtual event for the right mouse button and # define it differently on the Mac. switch $tcl_platform(platform) { unix - windows { event add <<B3>> <ButtonPress-3> } macintosh { event add <<B3>> <Control-ButtonPress-1> } } set MainFontSize 12; set MainFontFamily Courier; font create MainFont -family $MainFontFamily -size $MainFontSize; font create BalloonHelpFont -family lucida -size 13 -weight normal; set ColorSpecs(cdb,-bg) "\#DDDDFF"; set ColorSpecs(cdt,-bg) "\#e9c4dc"; set ColorSpecs(cdx,-bg) "\#e9c4dc"; set ColorSpecs(gen,-bg) "\#c36176"; set ColorSpecs(.menubar,-bg) "\#c36176"; set ColorSpecs(.menubar,-fg) "\#fee4a9"; set ColorSpecs(.msg,-bg) "\#e9c4dc"; set ColorSpecs(.msg,-fg) "\#000000"; set ColorSpecs(txt,-bg) "\#FFDDDD"; set ColorSpecs(tr,-bg) "...

Strange Problem with ActiveState Tcl 8.4 in MAC OS X 10.4
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select a source file when running wish in the GUI. Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. I am trying to load bcd396t.tcl source file but that is grayed out. I have tried changing the first few lines of the file that had some bash scripting in them. And translated the text from mac to unix and even tried windows code with the same results. It seems to occur after I edit a .tcl file and save it. The other normal tcl files that I can select have not been edited. If I run the bcd396t.tcl file from /usr/local/bin/wish bcd396t.tcl it works fine and there are no errors. I don't have any problems in Win32 XP/Vista or Linux Fedora/Ubuntu either. I just can't figure out what is graying out the file on Mac OS X. Does anyone have any ideas? -- Best Regards, Keith kilowattradio at gmail.com Keith wrote: > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg > > In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's > 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select > a source file when running wish in the GUI. > > Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. > > I am trying to load bcd396...

Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Tcl 8.5.2 version conflict on Mac OS X
Hi, I just tried to compile 8.5.2 on Mac OSX, and install it. Below is the error I get when I try to start tclsh8.5. [set tcl_patchLevel] shows also that it would be 8.5.1. What is up here, do others have the same problem? I should add that I installed ActiveTcl 8.5.2 before, and it worked. But normally it should not be a problem to overwrite this installation with another, self compiled. I have done this before without any problems... Thanks in advance Eckhard. $ /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.5 application-specific initialization failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/Scripts /usr/local/lib/tcl8.5 /usr/lib/tcl8.5 /usr/local/library /usr/library /usr/tcl8.5.1/library /tcl8.5.1/library /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/Scripts/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.5.1, need exactly 8.5.2 version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.5.1, need exactly 8.5.2 while executing "package require -exact Tcl 8.5.2" (file "/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/Scripts/init.tcl" line 20) invoked from within "source /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/Scripts/init.tcl" ("uplevel" body line 1) invoked from within "uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]" /usr/local/lib/tcl8.5/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl&...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler sleeps on an anthill." --Afghani /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. On 2012-09-21 3:05 PM ANTant@zimage.com (Ant) wrote: > Hi. > > Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife > like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! > Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 > MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one > from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to > import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his > photo(graph)s? I rec...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step to help your Mac start up again is to identify which symptom you see. Once you know what the symptom is, you can try to fix it. Here's a list of the most common things you might see if your Mac turns on but doesn't start up. Click the link for the symptom you see, then follow the steps to fix it. You see an empty, blue screen. You might also see a progress indicator, which looks like a colored pinwheel or spinning disc. A "broken folder" icon, a prohibitory sign, or "kernel panic" message appears. Sam Walker Apple Specialist You see a blank, gray screen. A flashing question mark appears. None of the above happens, but your Mac doesn't start up. You see an empty, blue screen. You might also see a progress indicator, which looks like a colored pinwheel or spinning disc There are several different things you can try to fix this symptom. Go through eac...

Ann: Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages for Mac OS X
I've packaged "universal" installers of Tcl/Tk for Mac OS X (both the Aqua and X11 variants), and the Tile theming extension, for use on Mac OS X's PPC and Intel architectures. These builds are based on Tcl/Tk 8.4.13. Downloads and more information can be found at http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/ Thanks. -- Kevin Walzer Poetic Code http://www.kevin-walzer.com ...

Shortcut to start a TCL Program in Mac OS X Intel 10.4?
Is there method to start tcl/tk programs from the desktop in Mac OS X? I tried associating tcl with wish and wish starts but the script deos not load or start automatically. Keith wrote: > Is there method to start tcl/tk programs from the desktop in Mac OS X? > I tried associating tcl with wish and wish starts but the script deos > not load or start automatically. Try Daniel Steffen's "launcher" utility: http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/tcltk/Launcher/ -- Kevin Walzer Code by Kevin http://www.codebykevin.com At 2007-01-03 07:24AM, "Keith" wrote: > Is there method to start tcl/tk programs from the desktop in Mac OS X? > I tried associating tcl with wish and wish starts but the script deos > not load or start automatically. You want the Launcher: http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/tcltk/Launcher/ -- Glenn Jackman Ulterior Designer ...

Ruby 1.8.0 and Mac OS X and Tcl/Tk 8.4 Aqua (not!)
My trials with Ruby and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X Ruby is 1.8.0 preview 7 Tcl/Tk 8.4 is the recent TclTk-Aqua build for that native OSX Aqua look Mac OS X is 10.2.3 (1) 'configure' wasn't finding Tcl/Tk, so I hacked up an OSX-only version of ext/tcltklib/extconf.rb with hard-coded parameters (which might be OK because of the frameworks) ========= # extconf.rb for tcltklib # HACKED for Mac OS X !!! require 'mkmf' if RUBY_PLATFORM !~ /mswin32|mingw|cygwin|bccwin32/ have_library("nsl", "t_open") have_library("socket&q...

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume.
Hi Group, Decided to reinstall OSX today on my MAC Book. _ Boy was this a mistake_ I booted off the DVD and changed the partition setup to two instead of one using the disk utility program. Selected MAC OSX Extended Journaled for both paritions. Now in the installer when I come to select the drive to install on I get the message "You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume." There is a red explaination mark on the drive. I have reboot, reformatted the drive back one parition using the disk util program and I still have the same proble...

Web resources about - mac os x tcl audio problem - comp.lang.tcl

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Slater frustrated with shoulder problems
BILLY Slater is said to be “disappointed” and “frustrated” with the Melbourne Storm star set to undergo an arthroscope on his troublesome left ...

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Obama Wants SXSW to Help Solve America's Problems, Including Apple Standoff
President Obama asked a tech-savvy audience attending the first day of the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin to help tackle the ...

Florida’s problem with sea level rise catches up with Rubio at debate
... debate near Miami, Florida. (credit: Joe Raedle / Getty Images) Earlier this year, a group of Florida mayors that are dealing with problems ...

How to fix Microsoft Edge's worst problems
... soon (and to the rest of us when the Redstone update for Windows 10 rolls out in June/July). If you’re using the new browser and having problems, ...

NASTY: Bill Clinton's Disgusting Flatulence Problems Date Back to White House Years
It's not just Granny Catlady who stinks. It's also her husband : Clinton became so flatulent at one point during his presidency that his close ...