make html on tcl requires tk

On a current trunk checkout of tcl, I tried on CentOS 6.5:
cd unix
../configure
make
make html

The last command fails with this error message:

tcltk-man-html: could not find Tk below /home/oehhar/test/tcl-trunk/..

Must I really provide Tk ?
If yes, how ?

Thank you,
Harald
0
Harald

At Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:23:51 -0700 (PDT) Harald Oehlmann <wortkarg2@yahoo.de> wrote:

> On a current trunk checkout of tcl, I tried on CentOS 6.5:
> cd unix
> ./configure
> make
> make html
>
> The last command fails with this error message:
>
> tcltk-man-html: could not find Tk below /home/oehhar/test/tcl-trunk/..
>
> Must I really provide Tk ?
> If yes, how ?

Looking at the Makefile.in I see:

html: tclsh
        $(BUILD_HTML)
        @EXTRA_BUILD_HTML@
html-tcl: tclsh
        $(BUILD_HTML) --tcl
        @EXTRA_BUILD_HTML@
html-tk: tclsh
        $(BUILD_HTML) --tk
        @EXTRA_BUILD_HTML@

BUILD_HTML = \
        @@LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR@="`pwd`:$${@LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR@}"; export @LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR@; \
        TCL_LIBRARY="${TCL_BUILDTIME_LIBRARY}"; export TCL_LIBRARY; \
        ./tclsh $(TOOL_DIR)/tcltk-man2html.tcl --htmldir="$(HTML_INSTALL_DIR)" \
                --srcdir=$(TOP_DIR)/.. $(BUILD_HTML_FLAGS)

And looking at $(TOOL_DIR)/tcltk-man2html.tcl, it appears that
tcltk-man2html.tcl *by default* expects to build HTML files from the man files
of *both* Tcl and Tk.  *BUT* if given a command line option --tcl or --tk
will cause tcltk-man2html.tcl to only build HTML files for one or the other.

There are convientent make targets for what you want, so, just do:

make html-tcl

and you should be all set.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
heller@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services

0
Robert
6/22/2015 5:17:16 PM
Thanks Robert,
great !
0
Harald

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

TCL/TK in HTML
Hi, I have created a GUI using TCL/TK and BLT that communicates with a server by sockets, and I wanted to know if there's a way of putting it in a HTML page. I have thought about writing a CGI, but I don't think I would be able to insert there the Tk widgets and the BLT graphics, so dows anybody see any solution?? Thanks in advance, Ikatz ikatz wrote: > Hi, > > I have created a GUI using TCL/TK and BLT that communicates with a > server by sockets, and I wanted to know if there's a way of putting it > in a HTML page. I have thought about writing a CGI, but I don&...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > ...

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don'...

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works si...

What would make WinXP cause TCL/TK to make windows snap to the center of the screen?
I have the bcd396t.tcl Manager program and when I attempt to move the window it always snaps to the center of the screen in WinXP. Does anyone know where I should look in tcl to see why this is happening? It does not occur in Linux or Mac OS X? TIA http://freshmeat.net/projects/bcd396tmanager/ On Mar 6, 3:50 pm, Keith <m...@privacy.net> wrote: > I have the bcd396t.tcl Manager program and when I attempt to move the window > it always snaps to the center of the screen in WinXP. Does anyone know where I > should look in tcl to see why this is happening? It does not occur in Li...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

Tcl/Tk -> HTML?
A series of posts on an unrelated newsgroup got me thinking. The OP in that group was asking to be directed to some "easy to use software for website design". He has received some recommendations. He has also been advised of some common pitfalls. The later was what got me wondering. By necessity most in the group are competent programmers (C &/or assembler) and some are familiar with Tcl/Tk. If the target of the OP was a specific client, Tk would be an appropriate vehicle. But he wants a web page. The only useful commonality of 'browsers' is that they kno...

Web resources about - make html on tcl requires tk - comp.lang.tcl

Successful Facebook Marketing Requires A Community
For years, social marketing was largely spurred by brands. But now, a company can’t just push a message on Facebook and expect its fans to buy ...

New Facebook guidelines require news and video apps to wait at least 10 seconds before publishing user ...
Facebook has updated its Open Graph publishing guidelines to require social news and video apps to wait at least 10 seconds before posting “read” ...

Idea of the Day: Shutdown Requires PIN
... Sasser: When my phone was stolen in SF last year, they immediately powered it down to stop Find My iPhone. Settings idea: “Shutdown Requires ...

Scripting News: Should feeds require HTTPS?
I said no, feeds should not require using HTTPS, and got an email from a developer friend asking me to explain, which I am happy to do. If you ...

Solving problems sometimes requires work.
Solving problems sometimes requires work Biz Stone said something very clearly and concisely that defines the way tech is funded these days. ...

Does CQRS Require a Service Bus?
Answer (1 of 3): In essence CQRS just separates commands from queries, so you don’t even need different storages or a service bus. This follows ...

Is It OK to Require JavaScript?
Here’s one decision we’re pondering as we build stackoverflow, and I’d like to get your feedback on it: Is it OK to require JavaScript to participate? ...

Russia Bans Gay Recruiting of Kids, USA requires it - PIJN News 0091 - Dr. Chaps Klingenschmitt - YouTube ...
Get free e-alerts at http://PrayInJesusName.org/subscribe 1. Russia bans giving homosexual propaganda to children, but America requires it 2. ...

Bounced cheque issue in the UAE requires more attention
Banks in the UAE should stop using post-dated cheques as a way of securing personal loans