missing "lappend" from tcl 8.4.2.0 help .chm

I just noticed this tonight when I went to cross reference
the windows help on lappend ,with the Brent Welch's 4th
edition text.I'm sure this was fixed in newer releases.

Love the book ,it's lighter with thinner pages ,the 3rd ed
got me started ,now the 4th ed is THE tcl book !

keep em coming Brent ,nice to see Jeff Hobbs credited
on this one too ,thanks.

0
cctbender (1)

NeuroS wrote on 06/08/03:

> err if you do a search  you will find it ,
> 'Built-In Commands - lappend manual page.
> just not listed in with other list cmds.

That is very confusing. lappend should be listed with list commands.

And parray should be listed with array commands.

--
Luciano ES
WARNING: fake address on reply!
Luciano ES wrote:
>NeuroS wrote on 06/08/03:
>
>> err if you do a search  you will find it ,
>> 'Built-In Commands - lappend manual page.
>> just not listed in with other list cmds.
>
>That is very confusing. lappend should be listed with list commands.

[lappend] is more of a "variable" command than it is a
"list" command (the first argument is a variable name,
not a list); that's why it's next to [append] in the table
of contents instead of next to [linsert], [lrange], and the like.

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com
0
jenglish (354)
8/6/2003 3:45:07 PM
Donald Arseneau wrote:
>Joe English writes:
>> Luciano ES wrote:
>> >That is very confusing. lappend should be listed with list commands.
>>
>> [lappend] is more of a "variable" command than it is a
>> "list" command (the first argument is a variable name,
>
>I didn't like the "organized" help layout before, but now
>I hate it.
>
>Grouping the commands helps for finding a command with an
>unknown name, but hinders looking up the details about a
>command.  I find most use is the latter, since the list of
>command names is not too long to remember easily.

That's what the index is for:

(I *thought* the ActiveState CHM file had something similar,
could be mistaken though.)

> Anyway,
>finding the right command for a concept is better done by
>a search facility than grouping the commands.

I don't think any single navigational aid is "best";
it depends on the circumstances.  That's why the TMML
webpages provide multiple access points -- Table of Contents
organized thematically; two alphabetic indexes, one divided
into categories and the other with "everything"; full-text
search; and cross-references to related material within
each manpage.

There's still a lot of room for improvement -- especially
wrt. keywords -- but each of the different navigation structures
is useful in different circumstances.

Of course, the quickest way is still typing "upvar qwerty"
at a tclsh prompt:

	% upvar qwerty
	wrong # args: should be "upvar ?level? otherVar localVar ?otherVar localVar ...?"

and the second-quickest is still typing "man upvar" at a
shell prompt.

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com
0
jenglish (354)
8/6/2003 11:47:23 PM
Donald Arseneau wrote:

> jenglish@flightlab.com (Joe English) writes:
>>
>>(I *thought* the ActiveState CHM file had something similar,
>>could be mistaken though.)
>

> They have the alphabetical listing, so I should really ask the
> question:
> Is it possible to access the alphabetical listing directly?

This is one level above what Joe pointed out:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActiveTcl/ActiveTcl8.4.1.0-html/tcl/contents.htm

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

0
jeffh (1291)
8/7/2003 2:58:24 PM
According to Donald Arseneau  <asnd@triumf.ca>:
:  I do have the html docs
:installed locally in alphabetical order.

One of the gripes I have about the htmlized docs is that they depend on
static indexes, which means that when a new command and its doc come along,
one has to visit multiple table of contents page to find what one seeks.
Or else, one has to install and maintain their own search engine, etc.

Yuck.

--
0
lvirden272 (610)
Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@activestate.com> writes:

> Donald Arseneau wrote:
>
> > jenglish@flightlab.com (Joe English) writes:
> >>
> >>(I *thought* the ActiveState CHM file had something similar,
> >>could be mistaken though.)
> > They have the alphabetical listing, so I should really ask the
> > question:
> > Is it possible to access the alphabetical listing directly?
>
> This is one level above what Joe pointed out:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActiveTcl/ActiveTcl8.4.1.0-html/tcl/contents.htm

I have no trouble accessing the html docs the way I like, and I
use a local copy.  What I am clueless about is the Windows help files
that comes with the activestate system.  I assume that's what CHM
means.  So I will be more detailed in ny clueless question:

Is there any way to create a desktop icon (in Windows) that accesses
directly the "Old table of contents" help page?  (Likewise, the
"Tcl commands" and "Tk commands" pages?)

Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca

0
asnd (4601)
8/7/2003 10:33:49 PM
Donald Arseneau wrote:
> Is there any way to create a desktop icon (in Windows) that accesses
> directly the "Old table of contents" help page?  (Likewise, the
> "Tcl commands" and "Tk commands" pages?)

Yes.  If you open up the ActiveTcl Help and go to any page, right click
on the main body and select properties.  That will should you a special
url (mk...) that will launch the help file right to that page if used.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions

0
jeffh (1291)

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

checkbuttons in tcl 8.4.12 and 8.5a4 with -offvalue == ""?
Hello, I just realized some differences between the checkbuttons visualisation in tcl 8.4 and 8.5. If the offvalue of a checkbutton is set to "" (empty string) and the checkbutton is not "checked", than ... - in tcl 8.4.12 the background is white - in tcl 8.5a4 the background is grey and the "check" is still visible That's a bug, isn't it? If the offvalue is " " (one blank), than every thing works. Best regards, Martin Lemburg UGS - Transforming the Process of Innovation MartinLemburg@UGS wrote: > Hello, > > I just realized some differences between the checkbuttons visualisation > in tcl 8.4 and 8.5. > > If the offvalue of a checkbutton is set to "" (empty string) and the > checkbutton is not "checked", than ... > - in tcl 8.4.12 the background is white > - in tcl 8.5a4 the background is grey and the "check" is still > visible > > That's a bug, isn't it? > It's a much sought-after new feature. Checkbuttons in tk 8.5 have the ability to have three states: on, off and "tristate". The default value for the third state is the empty string. It's documented in the 8.5 manual page; look for the -tristatevalue option: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/checkbutton.htm#M17 Hhm, ... ok I know now why, but I don't understand why this way of tristate value usage was chosen! If I have an offvalue "" ...

Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":2.0"
Hi, I receive this after a very long startup time when Opera is starting. Is this something that is easy to install/enable on S9/Sparc? /michael Michael Laajanen <michael.laajanen.no-spam.@telia.com> writes: > I receive this after a very long startup time when Opera is starting. > > Is this something that is easy to install/enable on S9/Sparc? The latest S9 update release 9/2004 should include the RENDER extension. HI, Juergen Keil wrote: > Michael Laajanen <michael.laajanen.no-spam.@telia.com> writes: > > >>I receive this after a very long startup...

(mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4"))
(mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returns ((quote "4") (quote "4") (quote "4") (quote "4")) Interesting and (for me) unexpected. Because (mapcar 'read '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returns (1 2 3 4) and (mapcar 'princ '("1" "2" "3" "4")) gives 1234("1" "2" "3" "4") Why isn't (mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returning ((quote "1") (quote "2") (quote "3") (quote "4")) Tom Haws www.hawsedc.com Probably has to do with the fact that 'arg and (quote arg) are equivalent, and LISP gets confused by the construct 'quote, which is about the same as (quote (quote arg)). But I don't pretend to know all of the mechanics of the error; the results are somewhat different in R14, BTW: Command: (mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4")) ((<Subr: #22e3e40> "4") (<Subr: #22e3e40> "4") (<Subr: #22e3e40> "4") (<Subr: #22e3e40> "4")) ___ "Tom Haws" <hawstom@despammed.com> wrote in message news:77317472.0309160733.45ea9d8c@posting.google.com... > (mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3"...

[ info exists varName ] returns "" on Tcl 8.4.4 ... we're losing our sanity here
Hello, We're using "Tcl 8.4.4.0 Solaris/SPARC" .... pretty darned old version, I know ... but we have no choice as our program doesn't work well with newer versions. Anyway, we keep getting an error that we all used to think was simply impossible ... namely [ info exists ] not returning zero or non-zero but simply returning an empty string: can't use empty string as operand of "!" while executing "if { ! [ info exists ::varName ] } { return }" (procedure "debugOut" line 3) invoked from within "debugOut -g 9 "Entered function."" (procedure "programExit" line 3) invoked from within "programExit 0" How the heck is this even possible?? Is this a bug in Tcl? I don't see how anything we could do could ever cause [ info exists ] to return an empty string! Regards, Markus On Jun 22, 5:51=A0pm, antred <Nut...@gmx.net> wrote: > Hello, > > We're using "Tcl 8.4.4.0 Solaris/SPARC" .... pretty darned old > version, I know ... but we have no choice as our program doesn't work > well with newer versions. > > Anyway, we keep getting an error that we all used to think was simply > impossible ... namely [ info exists ] not returning zero or non-zero > but simply returning an empty string: > > can't use empty string as operand of "!" > =A0 =A0 while executing > "if { ! [ info exists ::var...

XPS 8.2 "UPDATE Tcl procedures"?
Hi, all. Can anyone tell me what "Running UPDATE Tcl procedures for OPTION PLATGEN_SYSLEVEL_UPDATE_PROC..." means, and what platgen actually does to the .tcl files? I'm wondering if this could be the cause of an issue I'm having with BRAM instances. Before, I could run a Base System with 1 or more MicroBlazes with any available size Local Memory each, and no other extra peripherals or software (merely for testing purposes), and it would build the bitstream just fine. Now, XPS generates this error with the same Base System straight from the Wizard (ML310 board v2p30ff896-6, ...

AT command, "+CMER", I get "+CIEV: 2,3" "+CIEV:2,4" repeat.
Dear All, For AT command, I input +CMER ( set response keypress) to my device, it response +CIEV: 2,5 +CIEV: 2,4 +CIEV: 2,5 +CIEV: 2,4 ..... .... repeat Why? what's the relation? Thank you very much. Boki. On 18 Jan 2005 00:56:40 -0800, boki <bokiteam@ms21.hinet.net> wrote: > Dear All, > For AT command, > > I input +CMER ( set response keypress) to my device, it response > What kind of device is it? -- BOFH excuse #270: Someone has messed up the kernel pointers ...

4.2.6p1-RC6, new "pool" implementation, "restrict source" in 4.2.7p22
Thanks to major efforts by Dr. Mills and Harlan Stenn to overcome tactical challenges with the integration of patches and rolling of release tarballs, we now have new ntp-stable and ntp-dev tarballs. The normal release process emails which trigger the tarball announcement emails are being queued temporarily, but the new releases can be found easily at: http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html ntp-4.2.6p1-RC6 will hopefully be the last release candidate before 4.2.6p1 in a week or so. If you use ntp-stable releases, please consider taking it for a spin as I believe it is nearly polished. ntp-dev-4.2.7p22 has a large number of changes accumulated since early February. I'm including the ChangeLog snippet below for reference since the normal announcement is delayed. The bulk of these changes relate to pool.ntp.org, with improvements intended for both pool clients and servers. On the client side, the ntp.conf "pool" directive operates as a first- class ntpd server discovery scheme, mirroring the existing manycastclient scheme closely. Previously, each "pool" directive resulted in spinning up as many associations as it found IP addresses for the pool DNS name (such as us.pool.ntp.org). In reaction to this, the pool.ntp.org operators reduced the number of addresses in each response from 5 to 3, with the objective of minimizing the number of pool servers each client uses. Importantly, the old "pool" implementation resolved DNS once at startup and...

problem with "file executable" on windows, tcl 8.5.2
ActiveState TCL 8.5.2, Windows XP SP2 'file executable' always returns 0, even on .exe and .bat when asked for a file on a network share: % info patchlevel 8.5.2 % set file L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe % file exists $file 1 % file readable $file 1 % file executable $file 0 % file executable {L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/simenu.bat} 0 However, when copying the files to local disk, the files are qualified as executable: % cp L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/simenu.bat d:/temp % file executable d:/temp/simenu.bat 1 % cp L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe d:/temp % file executable d:/temp/gen.exe 1 Also: % set argv0 D:/Programme/tcl/bin/tclsh85.exe % file executable $argv0 1 The L:/ Network Share is an Samba share mounted from a linux box. Are there any special requirements for the smb options? Thanks R' Ralf Fassel said on 24/04/2008 21:21: > ActiveState TCL 8.5.2, Windows XP SP2 > > 'file executable' always returns 0, even on .exe and .bat when asked > for a file on a network share: > The L:/ Network Share is an Samba share mounted from a linux box. I have opened a similar report some time ago for file readable on a Samba share. Still open. See: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1613456&group_id=10894&...

"string map" Probleme in tcl 8.4 mit Umlauten?
Seit Jahren setze ich TCL als integrierte Skript-Sprache in einer Softwarel=F6sung ein (Microsoft Windows, MFC-Anwendung). Vor kurzem bin ich von TCL 8.3.5 auf TCL 8.4.14 umgestiegen. Mit dieser Version bekommen wir aber Probleme, da sich das Verhalten des Kommandos "string map" ge=E4ndert hat. Beispiel: set a "=E4=F6=FC" set x [string map {. ,} $a] x enth=E4lt dann "=C3=A4=C3=B6=C3=BC". Der String wird dabei offensichtlich= in Unicode umgewandelt, wo TCL 8.3 den String noch unver=E4ndert lie=DF. In der Shell (tclsh84.exe) wird die Umsetzung aber noch genauso wie unter TCL 8.3 vorgenommen, also unver=E4ndert gelassen. Die Initialisierung in der MFC-Anwendung ist vergleichbar zu der der TCL-Shell: Tcl_SetDefaultEncodingDir( ... ); Tcl_FindExecutable( ... ); interp =3D Tcl_CreateInterp(); Auch das Einf=FCgen der Zeile setlocale(LC_ALL, "C"); wie sie von der main() Funktion der TCL-Shell verwendet wird, l=F6st das Problem nicht. Es besteht zwar die M=F6glichkeit, die TCL-Skripte wie folgt anzupassen: set a "=E4=F6=FC" set x [encoding convertfrom identity [string map {. ,} $a]] ..=2E. aber erstens m=FCsste ich dann sehr sehr viele Skripte anpassen und zweitens habe ich Sorge, dass auch andere String-Funktionen unbemerkt solche Unicode-Umwandlungen vornehmen. Es w=E4re mir also wichtig, den Interpreter dazu zu bringen, sich genauso zu verhalten, wie die TCL- Shell. Innerhalb von Tcl sin...

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
I try to run java 3d 1.2.1 on debian woody, java 1.4.2. Unfortunately, I get the following error. WARNING: Canvas3D constructed with a null GraphicsConfiguration. Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". java.lang.NullPointerException at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.<init>(Canvas3D.java:907) On the web I found the suggestion to uncomment &qu...

Xlib: extension "RENDER"missing on display ":0.0".
I compiled and installed OpenBox and am now running it on Solaris 9/sparc with Xsun. However, it's not working perfectly: the font in the title bars and menus looks like chicken droppings, it's mostly unreadable. The only bit I can read is an entry "Go there" in a specific menu which is shown in italic. On startup of X11, I see the following message: Xlib: extension "RENDER"missing on display ":0.0". I'm pretty sure it comes from OpenBox, since not much else is running (only an xterm and an xconsole). Kai Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de&g...

tcl 8.5.2 gives error on runtime arg "-c"
Hi. I'm getting this error when launching a tcl script from a shell with "-c some_argument" with tcl 8.5.2 Application initialization failed: bad window path name "some_argument" I've searched the manpage and several documentation sources and have not found any restrictions over supplying runtime flag/arguments. Is this a bug or a hidden feature? dewuf wrote: > Hi. I'm getting this error when launching a tcl script from a shell > with "-c some_argument" with tcl 8.5.2 > > Application initialization failed: bad window path name > "some_argument" > > I've searched the manpage and several documentation sources and have > not found any restrictions over supplying runtime flag/arguments. Is > this a bug or a hidden feature? see http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/UserCmd/wish.htm use a -- to prevent the interp from even looking at the options Bruce On Feb 9, 2:36=A0pm, Bruce Hartweg <Bruce-DoNot...@example.com> wrote: > dewuf wrote: > > Hi. =A0I'm getting this error when launching a tcl script from a shell > > with "-c some_argument" with tcl 8.5.2 > > > Application initialization failed: bad window path name > > "some_argument" > > > I've searched the manpage and several documentation sources and have > > not found any restrictions over supplying runtime flag/arguments. =A0Is > > this a bug or a hidden featu...

PROCINFO["filename", "READ_TIMEOUT"] = N ms: not working for windows gawk 4.1.0.2
Hello, i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. I try exact: PROCINFO["/dev/stdin", "READ_TIMEOUT"] = 5000 while ((getline < "/dev/stdin") > 0) print $0 ....and no. the console forever wait for the input. is this known issue or i'm doing something wrong? thank you hi, > i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. > found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. I tried your code with my Cygwin gawk (in a BEGIN block), and it worked fine. (I tried both 32bit and 64bit Cygwin.) So I guess this is an issue of the particular port or OS version. So if you are willing to test another port, Cygwin works. Of course you can run gawk.exe from cmd. I was not able to install the ezwinports version, sorry. > thank you You are welcome, Stepan Kasal --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- In article <slrnlehl0p.5m4.kasal@PCSKA01.int.rsj.cz>, Stepan Kasal <kasal@ucw.cz> wrote: >hi, > >> i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. >> found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. From the code: #ifdef __MINGW32__ /* * Only sockets can be read with a timeout. ... */ -- Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0...

Problem with TDBC in Tcl 8.6.0: version conflict for package "TclOO"
Hi, I've got a problem with Tcl 8.6.0. I tried to run my tcls-script, but received the following error: version conflict for package "TclOO": have 0.7, need 1.0.1 while executing "load c:/tcl_x86/lib/teapot/package/win32-ix86/lib/tdbc_mysql1.0.0/tdbcmysql100.dll tdbcmysql" ("package ifneeded tdbc::mysql 1.0.0" script) invoked from within "package require tdbc::mysql " (file "myscript.tcl" line 4) Looks like the problem is in tdbc. I have already tried to install another version of tdbc, but it didn't help. This problem occures only in 8.6.0 Tcl version. Can anybody help me? Am Montag, 21. Oktober 2013 15:38:51 UTC+2 schrieb gama...@gmail.com: > Hi, > > I've got a problem with Tcl 8.6.0. I tried to run my tcls-script, but received the following error: > > > > version conflict for package "TclOO": have 0.7, need 1.0.1 > > while executing > > "load c:/tcl_x86/lib/teapot/package/win32-ix86/lib/tdbc_mysql1.0.0/tdbcmysql100.dll tdbcmysql" > > ("package ifneeded tdbc::mysql 1.0.0" script) > > invoked from within > > "package require tdbc::mysql " > > (file "myscript.tcl" line 4) > > > > Looks like the problem is in tdbc. I have already tried to install another version of tdbc, but it didn't help. This problem occures o...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Tcl 8.4 regexp bug ("can't happen -- you found a bug")
Howdy, The following regsub command causes the above error message in Tcl 8.4: regsub {(^|\n)+\.*b} \n.b "" tmp There's probably room for argument about whether the expression is malformed. But in that case, it should probably say "quantifier operand invalid" rather than "you found a bug". Good luck, -Jonathan Jones According to Jonathan Jones <googlegroups@spitzensparken.com>: :The following regsub command causes the above error message Stop by the SourceForge project and submit a bug report on it. -- <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ > In God we trust. Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions. <URL: mailto:lvirden@yahoo.com > <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ > ...

ANN: Tcl-Tk-Aqua 8.4.14 "universal" installer for OS X
The Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk libraries, plus the Tile theming extension, built to support the PPC and Intel architectures of the Mac OS X platforms. They can be downlaoded at http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/index.html. OVERVIEW OF PACKAGES The Tcl/Tk "Universal" package for Mac OS X are based on the current version of Tcl/Tk at the time of this build, 8.4.14. The Tile extension is version 0.7.8. The packages support the native Aqua version. Aqua The "Aqua" package supports the native Mac windowing environment. It is useful for developing and deploying native Mac OS X applications. With the "Aqua" package, the following will be installed on your machine: *The Tcl and Tk frameworks will be installed in /Library/Frameworks. * The Tcl interpreter, tclsh, and the Tk interpreter, wish, will be installed in /usr/local/bin. *The Tile extension, which adds native Aqua theming to the Tk widgets, will be installed in /Library/Tcl. * The Wish application package will be installed in /Applications/Utilities. A standalone version of Wish, with the Tcl/Tk and Tile libraries embedded in the application package, will be installed in /Applications/Utilities/Wish-Embedded. This package is useful for deploying Tcl/Tk applications to end users.The Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk libraries, plus the Tile theming extension, built to support...

3 problems with "A small editor in 8.5.0" ( http://wiki.tcl.tk/20542)
I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 under WinXP Pro. Problem 1. I don't see any where to specify desired font. There is a code fragment saying ----------- proc textfenster {mframe {master {}}} { if {$master eq {}} { text [set mframe].t -bg white -xscrollcommand [ ---------------------------- which I edited to be ----------- proc textfenster {mframe {master {}}} { if {$master eq {}} { text [set mframe].t -font "Courier 20" -bg white -xscrollcommand [ ---------------------------- It made no difference. Problem 2. Although moving the butto...

a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] v/s a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) identical in all ways?
Do these result in identical objects? a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) On Aug 25, 1:30=A0pm, okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a =3D [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a =3D new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) Yes, but:- a =3D [ 2 ]; a =3D new Array( 2 ); - do not. Richard. okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a = new Array ( "1", "2"...

Tcl 8.4.x & tcl-dp 4.0.x
Has anyone built tcl-dp 4.0.x on windows against Tcl 8.4.x ? Is it possible to get the windows dll and the source code with modifications? ...

How to display "7" as left "0" padded 4 char wide field: "0007" ?
In a shell script I want to echo out some values whcih are not necessarily as wide as they should be. For example a value of 7 should be display as a field of width 4 with left padded zeros "0": 0007 How can I accomplish this? Gary On Jun 17, 8:09=A0am, garyw...@usca.edu (Gary Williamson) wrote: > In a shell script I want to echo out some values whcih are not necessarily= as wide as they should be. > > For example a value of 7 should be display as a field of width 4 with left= padded zeros "0": > > 0007 > > How can I accomplish this? > > Ga...

"pipe" in Tcl 8.5ff
Hi, I am looking for a replacement of the "pipe" command of tclx. This command creates a FIFO and returns one fd for reading and one for writing. A similar command in C is #include <unistd.h> int pipe(int pipefd[2]); How do I do that with plain Tcl (version >= 8.5)? Best regards Ole Στις 8/8/2013 2:38 μμ, ο/η Olе Streicher έγραψε: > Hi, > > I am looking for a replacement of the "pipe" command of tclx. This > command creates a FIFO and returns one fd for reading and one for > writing. A similar command in C is > > #include <unistd.h> > int pipe(int pipefd[2]); > > How do I do that with plain Tcl (version >= 8.5)? > > Best regards > > Ole > In tcl 8.6, with the "chan pipe" command. In tcl 8.5, with the tclpipe extension: http://wiki.tcl.tk/21637 If you need this for executing commands, see the man page for "open" and possibly "exec". George Hi George, George Petasis <petasisg@yahoo.gr> writes: > Στις 8/8/2013 2:38 μμ, ο/η Olе Streicher έγραψε: >> I am looking for a replacement of the "pipe" command of tclx. > In tcl 8.6, with the "chan pipe" command. In tcl 8.5, with the tclpipe > extension: > > http://wiki.tcl.tk/21637 Is there a way to do it in plain tcl, without the need to compile an external package? > If you need this for executing commands, ...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

Web resources about - missing "lappend" from tcl 8.4.2.0 help .chm - comp.lang.tcl