new bie question about writing excel file with tcl script?

Hi Members,

i need some procedures and suggestions regarding,writing excel format
file with tcl.

what i am trying to do is read multiple files of .txt format of
specific name in directory and trying to compare the data in each file
with other data and display the results  in the form of tables .

is there any tcl example scripts that writes excel format, are
available?

can any one give me some suggestions regarding,how to search for
specific file and  to write an excel format with tcl.

thanks
0
hemanth004 (20)

In article <83ef457f-b378-4e86-bcf2-cfb3678c1300@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
raaki  <hemanth004@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi Members,
>
>i need some procedures and suggestions regarding,writing excel format
>file with tcl.
>
>what i am trying to do is read multiple files of .txt format of
>specific name in directory and trying to compare the data in each file
>with other data and display the results  in the form of tables .
>
>is there any tcl example scripts that writes excel format, are
>available?
>
>can any one give me some suggestions regarding,how to search for
>specific file and  to write an excel format with tcl.
			.
			.
			.
I do a lot of this:  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel >.
0
claird (2363)
12/4/2007 1:29:46 PM
On Dec 4, 2:29 pm, cla...@lairds.us (Cameron Laird) wrote:
> In article <83ef457f-b378-4e86-bcf2-cfb3678c1...@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,raaki  <hemanth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi Members,
>
> >i need some procedures and suggestions regarding,writing excel format
> >file with tcl.
>
> >what i am trying to do is read multiple files of .txt format of
> >specific name in directory and trying to compare the data in each file
> >with other data and display the results  in the form of tables .
>
> >is there any tcl example scripts that writes excel format, are
> >available?
>
> >can any one give me some suggestions regarding,how to search for
> >specific file and  to write an excel format with tcl.
>
>                         .
>                         .
>                         .
> I do a lot of this:  <URL:http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel>.

Hi Cameron,

i already went through Excel page which u referred.but i didnt find
any thing perticular for solaris.
can you guide me  little deeper   regrding this topic
i  need to write my results into seperate excel tabular format file.
0
hemanth004 (20)
12/6/2007 11:25:52 AM
On 6 Dez., 12:25, raaki <hemanth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i  need to write my results into seperate excel tabular format file.

There is not one specific "Excel table file format", but a variety,
including

- plain-text CSV (comma-separated values), which is easiest written
from Tcl - see http://wiki.tcl.tk/2215
- .XLS (some proprietary binary format, possibly in various
"dialects")
- XML in recent Excel versions
- SYLK probably still possible - see http://wiki.tcl.tk/9800

I'd suggest to use CSV format. A file might look like this:
data from file a;data from file B
hello;world
foo;bar

At 2007-12-06 06:25AM, "raaki" wrote:
>  On Dec 4, 2:29 pm, cla...@lairds.us (Cameron Laird) wrote:
> > In article <83ef457f-b378-4e86-bcf2-cfb3678c1...@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,raaki  <hemanth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Hi Members,
> >
> > >i need some procedures and suggestions regarding,writing excel format
> > >file with tcl.
> >
> > >what i am trying to do is read multiple files of .txt format of
> > >specific name in directory and trying to compare the data in each file
> > >with other data and display the results  in the form of tables .
> >
> > >is there any tcl example scripts that writes excel format, are
> > >available?
> >
> > >can any one give me some suggestions regarding,how to search for
> > >specific file and  to write an excel format with tcl.
> >
> >                         .
> >                         .
> >                         .
> > I do a lot of this:  <URL:http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel>.
>
>  Hi Cameron,
>
>  i already went through Excel page which u referred.but i didnt find
>  any thing perticular for solaris.
>  can you guide me  little deeper   regrding this topic
>  i  need to write my results into seperate excel tabular format file.

Unless you need to apply formatting, it's far easier to write a
delimited text file.  If you use commas to separate your fields and save
the file as filename.csv, Excel will open it like a spreadsheet.

--
Glenn Jackman
"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." -- Dave Barry
On Dec 6, 12:41 pm, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.ca> wrote:
> At 2007-12-06 06:25AM, "raaki" wrote:

> > >                         .
> > >                         .
> > >                         .
> > > I do a lot of this:  <URL:http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel>.
>
> >  Hi Cameron,
>
> >  i already went through Excel page which u referred.but i didnt find
> >  any thing perticular for solaris.
> >  can you guide me  little deeper   regrding this topic
> >  i  need to write my results into seperate excel tabular format file.
>
> Unless you need to apply formatting, it's far easier to write a
> delimited text file.  If you use commas to separate your fields and save
> the file as filename.csv, Excel will open it like a spreadsheet.
>
> --
> Glenn Jackman
> "You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." -- Dave Barry- Hide quoted text -

thks suchewi and jackmann

i already have some scripts that write .csv format,but the formatting
really doesnt look good when i open with excel.
thats why, am trying to write my results directly to .xls format
0
hemanth004 (20)
12/6/2007 12:50:05 PM
In article <60a0f2d1-c28e-4b74-9299-25a0e76dfba8@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
raaki  <hemanth004@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Dec 6, 12:41 pm, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.ca> wrote:

><83ef457f-b378-4e86-bcf2-cfb3678c1...@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,raaki

>> >  Hi Cameron,
>>
>> >  i already went through Excel page which u referred.but i didnt find
>> >  any thing perticular for solaris.
>> >  can you guide me  little deeper   regrding this topic
>> >  i  need to write my results into seperate excel tabular format file.
>>
>> Unless you need to apply formatting, it's far easier to write a
>> delimited text file.  If you use commas to separate your fields and save
>> the file as filename.csv, Excel will open it like a spreadsheet.
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Jackman
>> "You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." -- Dave
>Barry- Hide quoted text -

>thks suchewi and jackmann
>
>i already have some scripts that write .csv format,but the formatting
>really doesnt look good when i open with excel.
>thats why, am trying to write my results directly to .xls format

I understand the question.  Indeed, formatting through CSV is a
challenge, one I haven't solved.

I've had success in the past importing .HTML into Excel.  If your
project were my responsibility, that would be my next approach.

To produce .xls directly on a Solaris constitutes a research topic;
it's a substantial piece of work.  If I decided that's what I
needed, I'd first carefully research any precedents.  I suspect
Perl people have made progress that might apply.

I summarize:  look into HTML-coded formatting; report your results
back here, and we'll likely be able to provide more tips.
0
claird (2363)
12/6/2007 1:34:54 PM
raaki wrote:

> i already have some scripts that write .csv format,but the formatting
> really doesnt look good when i open with excel.
> thats why, am trying to write my results directly to .xls format

I've had good luck writing data as html with embedded css. I was
surprised to discover excel would even pick up formulas embedded in the
html. I had no idea excel was smart enough to translate an html table
into a spreadsheet (but then, I've used excel approximately twice in the
last 10 years).

--
Bryan Oakley
http://www.tclscripting.com
In article <60a0f2d1-c28e-4b74-9299-25a0e76dfba8@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
raaki  <hemanth004@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Dec 6, 12:41 pm, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.ca> wrote:

>i already have some scripts that write .csv format,but the formatting
>really doesnt look good when i open with excel.
>thats why, am trying to write my results directly to .xls format

Totally off the wall suggestion: have you tried openoffice?

I know there is tuno, the tcl-OOo bridge, but I don't know
if it is enough to maniuplate OOo's spreadsheet program.

I think this is the real difficulty. On Windows, COM can
be used to manipulate Excel directly. As far as I know,
there isn't anything like COM that can run directly on
Solaris to manipulate Excel. OOo works on Solaris, and if
tuno works, it may be easier to manipulate OOo, and then
convert to Excel.

--
WL
real mail: wliao at sdf loSnPesAtarM org

0
me4 (19624)
12/10/2007 6:40:12 AM
In article <fjin0c$eo5$1@chessie.cirr.com>, WL <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>In article <60a0f2d1-c28e-4b74-9299-25a0e76dfba8@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>raaki  <hemanth004@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Dec 6, 12:41 pm, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.ca> wrote:
>
>>i already have some scripts that write .csv format,but the formatting
>>really doesnt look good when i open with excel.
>>thats why, am trying to write my results directly to .xls format
>
>Totally off the wall suggestion: have you tried openoffice?
>
>I know there is tuno, the tcl-OOo bridge, but I don't know
>if it is enough to maniuplate OOo's spreadsheet program.
>
>I think this is the real difficulty. On Windows, COM can
>be used to manipulate Excel directly. As far as I know,
>there isn't anything like COM that can run directly on
>Solaris to manipulate Excel. OOo works on Solaris, and if
>tuno works, it may be easier to manipulate OOo, and then
>convert to Excel.
			.
			.
			.
It's not "[t]otally off the wall ...", at least by my
standards.  Yes, tuno can also represent a solution for
the problem as described here.
0
claird (2363)
12/14/2007 4:14:13 PM
On Dec 14, 5:14 pm, cla...@lairds.us (Cameron Laird) wrote:
> In article <fjin0c$eo...@chessie.cirr.com>, WL <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> >In article <60a0f2d1-c28e-4b74-9299-25a0e76df...@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> >raaki  <hemanth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>On Dec 6, 12:41 pm, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.ca> wrote:
>
> >>i already have some scripts that write .csv format,but the formatting
> >>really doesnt look good when i open with excel.
> >>thats why, am trying to write my results directly to .xls format
>
> >Totally off the wall suggestion: have you tried openoffice?
>
> >I know there is tuno, the tcl-OOo bridge, but I don't know
> >if it is enough to maniuplate OOo's spreadsheet program.
>
> >I think this is the real difficulty. On Windows, COM can
> >be used to manipulate Excel directly. As far as I know,
> >there isn't anything like COM that can run directly on
> >Solaris to manipulate Excel. OOo works on Solaris, and if
> >tuno works, it may be easier to manipulate OOo, and then
> >convert to Excel.
>
>                         .
>                         .
>                         .
> It's not "[t]otally off the wall ...", at least by my
> standards.  Yes, tuno can also represent a solution for
> the problem as described here.- Hide quoted text -

Hi members

thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions.i used perl to dump
my results directly to .xls format.
i am suceeded on solaris but not on linux when i run the same
script.trying to figure what the prob is....
0
hemanth004 (20)

How to write tcl generated xml file into a new file
Hi, I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. Any Suggestion ???/ Thanks Ranjan On Nov 25, 12:46=A0pm, gyana behera <ranjan....@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. > After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . > I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. > > Any Suggestion ???/ > > Thanks > Ranjan Either redirect the output of the script to the xml-file. (xmlgen > output.xml) or open the file in the script: set f [open $filename w] then use puts $f instead of puts to output to the file and finally close the file: close $f Note that all this is covered in the Tcl tutorial, which is definitely worth a visit. (http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/ tcltutorial.html) Mark ...

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. ...

How to write output of a tcl script to a file?
Hi All I am a newbie in Tcl. And when it comes to file I/O, I get extremely confused. I am trying out below example from Tcl tutorial (Link ---> http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/Tcl25.html ) # # Report all the files and subdirectories in the current directory # For files: show the size # For directories: show that they _are_ directories # set dirs [glob -nocomplain -type d *] if { $dirs != {} } { puts "Directories: foreach d [lsort $dirs] { puts " $d" } } else { puts "(no subdirectories)" } set files [glob -nocomplain -type f *] if { $files != {} } { puts "Files: foreach f [lsort $files] { puts " [file size $f] - $f" } } else { puts "(no files)" } ################################ I want to write the output of this script directly to the new file. help me with that. And if anyone can provide a good tutorial with lots of examples about File I/O in Tcl, that'd be best. thanks in advance. On 13 nov, 08:23, kj <kinjaldesai200...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All > > I am a newbie in Tcl. And when it comes to file I/O, I get extremely > confused. > I am trying out below example from Tcl tutorial > (Link --->http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/Tcl25.html) > > # > # Report all the files and subdirectories in the current directory > # For files: show the size > # For directories: show that they _are_ directories > # > >...

Sourcing a TCL file from within a tcl file
I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source another tcl file when I type the variable name something like this if I enter A through my keyboard then source a.tcl Can someone show me how to do this thanks guy On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > something like this > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > Can someone show me how to do this > > thanks > guy What you are asking is not hard. Will your program have a graphical user interface? Aric On Dec 10, 3:26=A0pm, Aric Bills <aric.bi...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > > something like this > > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > > Can someone show me how to do this > > > thanks > > guy > > What you are asking is not hard. =A0Will your program have a graphical > user interface? > > Aric no I am just using this script...

How to read an Excel file using TCL Scripts
Hi all, I have an excel file test.xls.It is created manually and few values are added manually. I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable using TCL Scripts. I went thro lot of examples but nothing related to above requirement I found. Please give suggestions or links where this code is given. Thanks in Advance, RAGHU On 25 =D0=BD=D0=BE=D1=8F, 12:55, RAGHU <ragh...@gmail.com> wrote: > I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable > using TCL Scripts. Open http://wiki.tcl.tk/tcom and search for "Extract some cells from an Excel file". On 25 Nov., 10:55, RAGHU <ragh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have an excel file test.xls.It is created manually and few values > are added manually. > > I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable > using TCL Scripts. > > I went thro lot of examples but nothing related to above requirement I > found. > > Please give suggestions or links where this code is given. > > Thanks in Advance, > RAGHU This question was here 1 or two months ago. Check the mailing list or search in the wiki. hi Raghu, Save the excel file into csv format... thsi will then give you a comma separated values... since it is separated by comma you can use the tcl comman to "split". split "\n" string to split per row.. split "," string to split per co...

Does anyone have a Tcl Script which does a Multi Part File Upload to web site ( TCL CGI )
Hello all, I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... Any help is appreciated, Thank you for the help, Sean - HeliHobby.com Sean wrote: > Hello all, > > I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server > which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... > > Any help is appreciated, > > Thank you for the help, > > Sean - HeliHobby.com I use ncgi for ths (from tcllib). It rocks! high quality code that never fails. For instance the file upload...

new to vxworks: question regarding executing tcl script
Hi all, I am new to Vxworks, I was wondering whether i could do the following 1) I have a tcl script to load a file into the filesystem in the embedded system. It looks like this # Use "<C:\loadfile.tcl" without quotes sp (copy,"C:\\CompData.txt","/output1/CompData.txt"); taskDelay(480); (the above lines are stored in a load.tcl file) 2) I thought to write a C program instead of copying the <C:\loadfile.tcl in the Tornado shell everytime. My question : "is it possible to call the tcl script above from the C program, so that execute it ???? thanks for your help Hi: use "execute("<myscript.txt")" to run a vxWorks script on a target. There is not target-side tcl for vxworks, unless you port one or use on of those already ported that have floated around. lc mkum2k wrote: > Hi all, > > I am new to Vxworks, I was wondering whether i could do the following > > 1) I have a tcl script to load a file into the filesystem in the > embedded system. It looks like this > # Use "<C:\loadfile.tcl" without quotes > sp (copy,"C:\\CompData.txt","/output1/CompData.txt"); > taskDelay(480); > > (the above lines are stored in a load.tcl file) > > 2) I thought to write a C program instead of copying the > <C:\loadfile.tcl in the Tornado shell everytime. My question : "is it > possible to call the tcl script above from the C program, so that >...

Measuring the delay between two rising edges in modelsim simulation through command/tcl script and writing them to a file.
Hi, I want to measure the delay between two rising edges in modelsim simulation. There are commands in spice like tools where the .measure statements are used to measure the delays. But I am not able to find such method, where I would fire such command to print the delays into a text file through a tcl script. Looking forward to some positive suggestions, Thanks in advance, Pratap On Mar 25, 8:00=A0pm, Pratap <pratap.i...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I want to measure the delay between two rising edges in modelsim > simulation. There are commands in spice like tools wh...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

tcl script from excel
hi could we generate tcl script from the excel file. if we can do this let me know the ideas. your help is much more apprecited On 2014-11-09, yenilsuwal@gmail.com <yenilsuwal@gmail.com> wrote: > hi could we generate tcl script from the excel file. if we can do this > let me know the ideas. your help is much more apprecited I have generated Tcl in an Excel spreadsheet, it's just a matter of writing a cell formula to generate the desired Tcl command. I copied the formula down the column so that each row generated a command, then copied the cells (part of a column), p...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script? #2
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? You're probably looking for the "source" command. Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The command "load" is for binary shared libraries. -- Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." Thanks Darren. But what my need is that I am writing a tcl script which is going to take any tcl script as input and should return the output of the file. How can I do that? Regards, Prabu Darren New wrote: > prabu wrote: > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > You're probably looking for the "source" command. > > Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The > command "load" is for binary shared libraries. > > -- > Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) > Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, > and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." On 17 Dec 2006 21:16:16 -0800, "prabu" <catchme.prabu@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Dar...

writing new password to new file from old file
Dear all, password.fil has only one column and my customer wants to update the password of users based upon dates validations . Please help me to read in sequential order from password.fil if date is old that value of datevar. Thanks #!/usr/bin/nawk -f if ($1 < datevar) { getline password < "password.fil" print $1 + $2 + password > newfile } else print $1 + $2 + password > newfile On Jan 23, 6:47=A0am, happytoday <ehabaziz2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > password.fil has only one column and my customer wants to update the > password of users > b...

end-of-file in Tcl script?
In perl, an __END__ or __DATA__ causes the interpreter stop processing the script. And I'm used to putting all kinds of notes after the __END__ --without having to make them into comments. I understand that Tcl stops processing a script if it encounters a control-z ( \u001a ) character, but I can't figure out how to insert one via a text editor. Every way I've tried gets an "Invalid command name" error. So, is there any way to emulate perl's __END__ in Tcl? ~greg In article <2b5af3d2-f5ee-4d3f-a50f-76210202de26@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Jeff Hobbs wrote: > On Mar 5, 12:19 pm, "~greg" <g...@remove-comcast.net> wrote: >> In perl, an __END__ or __DATA__ causes >> the interpreter stop processing the script. >> And I'm used to putting all kinds of notes after the __END__ >> --without having to make them into comments. >> >> I understand that Tcl stops processing a script if >> it encounters a control-z ( \u001a ) character, >> but I can't figure out how to insert one via a text editor. >> Every way I've tried gets an "Invalid command name" error. > > This is really a text editor question. In emacs, ^q^z will insert the > ^z (^q will add whatever the next "special" char might be as a actual > char in the data). > > Jeff In vi use ^v^z. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ~greg wr...

tcl script to upload files
I am searching for a script in tcl that i cam use to upload files on a server. Please if any one has sth to say or give me, contact at : nemesis345crew@gmail.com. Your help will be great! ThankX!!!!! http://wiki.tcl.tk/15002 http://tcllib.sourceforge.net/doc/ftp.html HTH, Robert ...

tcl code to read an image and write tcl code?
Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc that would take an image, say a gif, and output pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? I saw something about a unix program that did something with mimes but I'm on windows. In article <4403BC94.447A7341@rocketship1.com>, Eric Taylor <et2@rocketship1.com> wrote: > > >Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc >that would take an image, say a gif, and output >pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? > >I saw something about a unix program that did >something with mimes but I'm on wi...

Parse Excel file in TCL?
Hi, Anyone knows of anything in TCL that can read/write excel file? Thanks, Ricky In article <bkd02a$ou1$1@home.itg.ti.com>, Ricky Chu <rickychu2@comcast.nospam.net> wrote: >Hi, > >Anyone knows of anything in TCL that can read/write excel file? . . . <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel > -- Cameron Laird <Cameron@Lairds.com> Business: http://www.Phaseit.net Personal: http://phaseit.net/claird/home.html ...

v.6.5 / File IO question / How to write Excel spreadsheet-style file with column headers?
Hello, I think the subject line says it all, but here's a little more detail. MATLAB 6.5 does not contain the xlswrite command, so I want to write some code that has the same effect. I have a numeric array that I want to add character-string headers to and write to a file that Excel can recognize. Not necessarily in that order. But when I open the file I want the headers to appear properly. I have been working on this problem for hours, including searching FAQs and forums, but to no avail. My best previous effort was to write a .dlm file with the numeric data, but without the headers. ...

Help needed for writing Tcl script
Hi all, I am a newbie in Tcl. I want to write a script that does following 1) Logs in to the local host 2) Takes directory name as input (standard input) 3) checks if directory exists or not (for example dir name : ABC) 4) If exists, 4.1) creates directory at remote server (Named ABC) 4.2) transfers all file inside that directory to remote server (via FTP) 5) If does not exists, Show the message "Dir does not exist", and repeat step 2,3,4 5) takes another directory name as input and repeat step 3, 4, 5 until user do not specify any more dir names I am getting extremely confused. Any hard coded help would be best Please help me. Thanks In article <2efec80c-9989-405f-809e-b9cb3a132ad4@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, kj <kinjaldesai2002in@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I am a newbie in Tcl. I want to write a script that does following > >1) Logs in to the local host . . . What does this mean to you? Does "manual" telnet localhost model the behavior you have in mind? Why "log in" rather than, for example, invoke a new shell. I have the feeling your description doesn't capture everything afoot in your project. ...

read excel file from tcl in li
Hi everyone i wonder if anybody know if there is anyway to read excel file from tcl in linux? as tcom work only in windows Thanks in advance. On Jan 22, 2:03=A0pm, "m.gad" <mohamedsami...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone > > i wonder if anybody know if there is anyway to read excel file from > tcl in linux? > > as tcom work only in windows > > Thanks in advance. There is a small command-line tool "xls2csv" (in the catdoc package IIRC) which will convert what can be to CSV. Of course you'll lose Excel-specific metainformation. (Beware, there is also a Perl script by the same name, but in my experience the C one is just fine with fewer dependencies ;-) -Alex m.gad wrote: > i wonder if anybody know if there is anyway to read excel file from > tcl in linux? > > as tcom work only in windows Newer Excel versions can write in an XML format. This should be fairly easy to read from Tcl. Just make sure you have the proper file format. (I haven't really been doing much parsing, but we write lots of Excel reports from Tcl by just writing some XML. Works great as you can have all Excel features: just create what you want in Excel, save it as XML, then open it with an editor to see how Excel actually writes it) hth Ronnie ...

Web resources about - new bie question about writing excel file with tcl script? - comp.lang.tcl

World Science Festival Brisbane 2016: Questions abound in learning extravaganza
Are humans on the verge of destroying our planet? Is creativity linked to insanity? And just when are we finally going to be whizzing around ...

Nico Rosberg and Formula One's biggest question ... can he beat Hamilton?
Formula one's biggest question. Can Nico Rosberg beat Lewis Hamilton?

Experts question effectiveness of Xenophon's reforms to foreign investment laws
Nick Xenophon says current foreign investment laws are as clear as mud and weak as water.

Yahoo! Board Seats ‘Perplex’ SunTrust; ‘Fiduciary Duty’ in Question
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey ’s Robert Peck this morning follows up on the announcement by Yahoo! ( YHOO ) this morning that it has appointed two ...

I assume we're dealing with burst photography, so the question is: Why choose this particular instant ...
Everyone was just talking about that wonderful photograph that Christopher Horner captured at a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game last Saturday. ...

Florida governor kicked off 'Morning Joe' after dodging questions about Trump's latest inflammatory statement ...
Florida Gov. Rick Scott was kicked off of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Thursday after he refused to directly answer a question about GOP frontrunner ...

Questions linger after mom says 4-year-old son shot her in truck
Questions linger after mom says 4-year-old son shot her in truck

‘Foolish and Impractical’: Security Experts Question Trump’s Mexico Wall Proposal
Donald Trump’s proposal to build a wall along the southwest border Mexico would decrease delicate bilateral border security cooperation, set ...

Wake up Texas. Houston. It's not a question of if. The question is when.
Willful passivity and political cowardice can be a real and present danger to our lives. Few of us in the Galveston/Houston area will ever forget ...