New libs required to compile Tcl/Tk !?

Hello

I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link
OK under Linux :

-lws2_32 -lnetapi32

Is that intented ? This is a recent change.

On 5 jan, 23:59, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link
> OK under Linux :
>
> -lws2_32 -lnetapi32
>
> Is that intented ? This is a recent change.

Update : it was under XP using MinGW, not Linux.
On 6 jan, 00:01, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 jan, 23:59, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello
>
> > I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link
> > OK under Linux :
>
> > -lws2_32 -lnetapi32
>
> > Is that intented ? This is a recent change.
>
> Update : it was under XP using MinGW, not Linux.

Did you update your MinGW installation? (I recently did that and it
is a much nicer package than before) I have no particular information
though on the issue you report, just a thought.

Regards,

Arjen
On 6 Sty, 10:58, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 jan, 00:01, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 5 jan, 23:59, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hello
>
> > > I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link
> > > OK under Linux :
>
> > > -lws2_32 -lnetapi32
>
> > > Is that intented ? This is a recent change.
>
> > Update : it was under XP using MinGW, not Linux.
> Did you update your MinGW installation? (I recently did that and it
> is a much nicer package than before) I have no particular information
> though on the issue you report, just a thought.

I also remember seeing this with older mingw (the one from Tcl project
on sourceforge).

I am currently using this MinGW and it builds fine:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cookit/files/tools/win32-tools-msys.zip/download

--
WK
On Jan 6, 7:02=A0pm, Wojciech Kocjan <wojciech.koc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 Sty, 10:58, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Update : it was under XP using MinGW, not Linux.
> > Did you update your MinGW installation? (I recently did that and it
> > is a much nicer package than before) I have no particular information
> > though on the issue you report, just a thought.
>
> I also remember seeing this with older mingw (the one from Tcl project
> on sourceforge).
>
> I am currently using this MinGW and it builds fine:http://sourceforge.net=
/projects/cookit/files/tools/win32-tools-msys.z...

> --
> WK

I haven't changed my build toolchain. I just build custom tclsh / wish
from CVS HEAD on a quite regular basis, and this times two additional
libs were required to link properly. I simply tweaked my own Makefile
to add those two missing libs and it went fine.
On Jan 5, 10:59=A0pm, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link
> OK under Linux :
>
> -lws2_32 -lnetapi32
>
> Is that intented ? This is a recent change.

That'll be part of the changes involved in using getaddrinfo() for
IPv6 support on Windows. If they're not being correctly listed in the
Makefile generated by configure, that's a bug; please file a report.

Donal.
On 8 Sty, 00:01, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 7:02=A0pm, Wojciech Kocjan <wojciech.koc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't changed my build toolchain. I just build custom tclsh / wish
> from CVS HEAD on a quite regular basis, and this times two additional
> libs were required to link properly. I simply tweaked my own Makefile
> to add those two missing libs and it went fine.

I had the same issue. What I noticed was with old mingw/msys I used I
also needed to manually link additional libraries, after upgrading
mingw/msys the issue no longer occurred.

This is why I recommended it in the first place. Donal may also be
right that you should file a bug - but since newer mingw/msys handles
this properly, I am not sure what to think of it.

--
WK

On Jan 9, 1:26=A0pm, Wojciech Kocjan <wojciech.koc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 Sty, 00:01, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 6, 7:02=A0pm, Wojciech Kocjan <wojciech.koc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I haven't changed my build toolchain. I just build custom tclsh / wish
> > from CVS HEAD on a quite regular basis, and this times two additional
> > libs were required to link properly. I simply tweaked my own Makefile
> > to add those two missing libs and it went fine.
>
> I had the same issue. What I noticed was with old mingw/msys I used I
> also needed to manually link additional libraries, after upgrading
> mingw/msys the issue no longer occurred.
>
> This is why I recommended it in the first place. Donal may also be
> right that you should file a bug - but since newer mingw/msys handles
> this properly, I am not sure what to think of it.

Well, there is no magic. The ./configure script decides to add, or not
to add, those two libs to the link line depending on _something_ it
detects on the platform. If that "something" is brittle enough to
depend on the mingw version, that's worrisome anyway, let's not behave
ostrich-ly ;-)

-Alex

On Jan 9, 3:47=A0pm, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 9, 1:26=A0pm, Wojciech Kocjan <wojciech.koc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8 Sty, 00:01, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 6, 7:02=A0pm, Wojciech Kocjan <wojciech.koc...@gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> > > I haven't changed my build toolchain. I just build custom tclsh / wis=
> > > from CVS HEAD on a quite regular basis, and this times two additional
> > > libs were required to link properly. I simply tweaked my own Makefile
> > > to add those two missing libs and it went fine.
>
> > I had the same issue. What I noticed was with old mingw/msys I used I
> > also needed to manually link additional libraries, after upgrading
> > mingw/msys the issue no longer occurred.
>
> > This is why I recommended it in the first place. Donal may also be
> > right that you should file a bug - but since newer mingw/msys handles
> > this properly, I am not sure what to think of it.
>
> Well, there is no magic. The ./configure script decides to add, or not
> to add, those two libs to the link line depending on _something_ it
> detects on the platform. If that "something" is brittle enough to
> depend on the mingw version, that's worrisome anyway, let's not behave
> ostrich-ly ;-)
>
> -Alex

There is no need for me to file a bug, as the mentioned Makefile was
mine. The tcl Makefiles are OK.
On 9 Jan., 09:50, "Donal K. Fellows"
<donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> That'll be part of the changes involved in using getaddrinfo() for
> IPv6 support on Windows. If they're not being correctly listed in the
> Makefile generated by configure, that's a bug; please file a report.
>
> Donal.
Hi Donal,

I can confirm the issue with the mingw/msys version from
tcl@sourceforge.
May be it is time to update this file?

Regards,
rene
0
r.zaumseil (172)
1/10/2011 7:49:18 PM
On Jan 10, 8:49=A0pm, rene <r.zaums...@freenet.de> wrote:
> On 9 Jan., 09:50, "Donal K. Fellows"<donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk> wr=
ote:
> > That'll be part of the changes involved in using getaddrinfo() for
> > IPv6 support on Windows. If they're not being correctly listed in the
> > Makefile generated by configure, that's a bug; please file a report.
>
> > Donal.
>
> Hi Donal,
>
> I can confirm the issue with the mingw/msys version from
> tcl@sourceforge.
> May be it is time to update this file?
>
> Regards,
> rene

Note : I am not using the Msys/mingw from SF.
On 10 jan, 20:49, rene <r.zaums...@freenet.de> wrote:
> On 9 Jan., 09:50, "Donal K. Fellows"<donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> > That'll be part of the changes involved in using getaddrinfo() for
> > IPv6 support on Windows. If they're not being correctly listed in the
> > Makefile generated by configure, that's a bug; please file a report.
>
> > Donal.
>
> Hi Donal,
>
> I can confirm the issue with the mingw/msys version from
> tcl@sourceforge.
> May be it is time to update this file?

If you have a reproducible issue with the ./configure-generated
Makefile, please file a bug report.

-Alex
On 11 Jan., 13:56, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> If you have a reproducible issue with the ./configure-generated
> Makefile, please file a bug report.
No, I don't have. Just the hint to update the old msys/mingw source
file at tcl@sourcforge.

rene

0
r.zaumseil (172)

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community
Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community. After years of TCL Dev I am giving something back to the Dev Tcl Community. You can download NetpackX including source code at http://helihobby.com/netpackx/index.html and also you may download lots of cool aps and libs here: http://helihobby.com/netpackx/Tcl_Tk/tcl_tk.html I hope TCL/TK continues to grow and special thanks to Jeff Hobbs for his support. Regards, Sean - www.HeliHobby.com ...

New year, new language
Ok, so Tcl/Tk hasn't been the height of fashion in programming for about 15 years, but it's something I've wanted a port of for a long time for no particular reason. Due to other work, it now seems to mostly work (still a bit rough), although it has no RISC OS customization whatsoever, and the port itself has fixed a few things which might help elsewhere. The old Tcl port: http://ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/systems/acorn/acornet/long/info/www/l/i_51.html Is particularly dated - it is from 1996 (version 7.4), is 26-bit and doesn't have Tk - there's never been ...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Very very very new for tcl/tk
Hi Group, I hope i am in the right place i only have 0/10 knowledge in tcl/tk Questions: #. am i on the right place (group) ? if, yes #. where to download tcl/tk? #. where should i extract downloaded files to? #. how do i configure? #. where do i write my 'Hello world' program? #. how should i write my 'Hello world' program? #. is there any other thing i should know/study about tcl/tk? Direct me............. Thanks RM3sh RM3sh <ramesh1703@gmail.com> writes: [snip] > Direct me............. www.tcl.tk -- Óscar Welcome, >I...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

tk/tcl compile errors
Latest lcc-win32 downloaded 18-Dec-04: Error in WIN.H, 'PSID' on line 9871. Changing 'SID' on line 9852 to 'PSID' seemed to fix that. But here's my real problem, and why I did a new download: Has anyone successfully compiled the TK/TCL headers? I get an error like this: Error d:\tk\test.c: tcldecls.h: 444 Syntax error; missing semicolon before `_ANSI_ARGS_' But the declaration is 130th of hundreds of similar ones. The headers were part of the binary Windows TCL download from www.activestate.com. Bart. ...

Scilab and Custom TCL/TK libs
Hello, I would like Scilab to use custom tcl/tk libraries that I have installed on a local directory. After installing a correct tcl/tk environnement I compiled Scilab using it. Now I can run a tcl/tk script using my tcl/tk environnement. While trying to use that tcl/tk script through the Scilab environnement i can't get the Tk widget to work although the call to "package require Tk" didn't bother. I have set the TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY variables and other variables and exported them in a shell script that loads scilex directly calling a scilab script that loads my tcl script. Anyone comes with a handy hint ? I have a tried lots of things... but I may not be familiar enough with all the SCI* variables especially the SCIPATH .. where is that one set ? I set it to $SCI by default... Thanks a lot, Red. On 6 juil, 11:37, Red <re.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like Scilab to use custom tcl/tk libraries that I have > installed on a local directory. > After installing a correct tcl/tk environnement I compiled Scilab > using it. > > Now I can run a tcl/tk script using my tcl/tk environnement. > While trying to use that tcl/tk script through the Scilab > environnement i can't get > the Tk widget to work although the call to "package require Tk" didn't > bother. > > I have set the TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY variables and other > variables > and expor...

announcing a new Tcl/Tk website
I'd like to formally announce a website I've been working on and invite everyone to take a look. The address is http://www.tclscripting.com The website is geared mostly toward beginners and intermediate programmers. The main page is in the style of the blog but I don't consider it a blog per se. I won't have a lot of personal commentary or opinions. Instead, I intend to present articles about the use of Tcl/Tk, hopefully at least on a weekly basis. If you have comments, suggestions for articles, or would like to contribute by writing an article, I would enjoy hearing fr...

Download Tcl/Tk libs for windows?
Can somebody send me the link to download Tcl/Tk libraries for windows? canvas_remix wrote: > Can somebody send me the link to download Tcl/Tk libraries for windows? Easiest way to get started is with ActiveTcl. http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActiveTcl/ Donal. On 14 juil, 23:31, canvas_remix <sgiitne...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can somebody send me the link to download Tcl/Tk libraries for windows? http://www.activestate.com/Products/activetcl/index.mhtml On the right-hand side, click on "Get ActiveTcl"; on the next page, click "Download". ...

Compiling tcl/tk on Vista x64
Has anyone succeeded in compiling Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 on Vista x64 using VS 2008? I can't seem to find a complete set of patches and Makefile changes to get it to compile and link. I've applied the patch from http://paste.tclers.tk/1538, but getting a number of link errors. I'm sure the Makefile needs to be updated for VS 2008. Surely others have been down this path. Thanks. Barry On Jul 8, 11:38=A0pm, Barry <bhath...@nycap.rr.com> wrote: > Has anyone succeeded in compiling Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 on Vista x64 using VS > 2008? > I can't seem to find a complete set of patches and Makefile changes to > get it > to compile and link. =A0I've applied the patch fromhttp://paste.tclers.tk= /1538, > but > getting a number of link errors. =A0I'm sure the Makefile needs to be > updated for > VS 2008. Surely others have been down this path. Thanks. > > Barry I haven't tried with VS.. but for what it's worth - I've been building Tcl and various extensions on Vista x64 using MingW with no trouble. O/H Barry έγραψε: > Has anyone succeeded in compiling Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 on Vista x64 using VS > 2008? > I can't seem to find a complete set of patches and Makefile changes to > get it > to compile and link. I've applied the patch from http://paste.tclers.tk/1538, > but > getting a number of link errors. I'm sure the Makefile needs to be > updated for > VS 2008. Surely others have been down this p...

Experienced Tcl/Tk Programmer Required
Must reside in or around the Atlanta area. Contact for more details. Contact Information: Dr Alex Van der Velden Engineering Director velden@engineous.com Please do not reply to this email! ...

problem compiling tcl/tk on IRIX64?
I pulled the latest tcl/tk 8.4.14 and tcl compilies without problems. The 'make test' in tcl complains of some issue with clock and '%k', but I'm not worried about that one. Configure and make for tk run without issues. When I do the 'make test' I get errors complaining about 'ambiguous ... rectangle' and 'ambiguous ... image'. Any idea what's going on here? tcl/tk 8.4.14 IRIX64 $ CC=/usr/bin/cc ./configure --prefix=/usr/freeware --with-tcl=../../tcl8.4.14/unix $ make $ make test bind.test ==== bind-6.1 Tk_DeleteBindTable procedure FAILED ==== Contents of test case: catch {destroy .b.c} canvas .b.c .b.c bind foo <1> {string 1} .b.c create rectangle 0 0 100 100 .b.c bind 1 <2> {string 2} destroy .b.c ---- Test generated error; Return code was: 1 ---- Return code should have been one of: 0 2 ---- errorInfo: unknown or ambiguous item type "rectangle" while executing ".b.c create rectangle 0 0 100 100" ("uplevel" body line 5) invoked from within "uplevel 1 $script" ---- errorCode: NONE ==== bind-6.1 FAILED ==== bind-24.14 FindSequence procedure: no binding FAILED ==== Contents of test case: catch {destroy .b.f} canvas .b.f set i [.b.f create rect 10 10 100 100] list [catch {.b.f bind $i <a>} msg] $msg ---- Test generated error; Return code was: 1 ---- Return code should have been one of: 0 2 ---- errorInfo: unknown...

Compiling TCL/TK and extensions under windows
I have recently delved into the black art of compiling things tcl on windows (BLT/freewrap) and I am very surprised that everytning still uses VC 6.0. This compiler has not been available for sale (even apparently on ebay) for many years. I looked into trying to build a custom starpack with BLT statically linked in as windows cannot load a BLT dll and found that even the kitgen for 8.6 uses VC6. This is fine for all those who have a copy but using bittorrent to compile is not realy an option. Has anyone managed to change the makefile.vc for TCL/TK and especially BLT and starpacks to use the FREE visual C++ 2008 compiler. I have a stop gap solution for now but I prefer a more stable solution for a tool which is used regularly by several hundred users. Thanks in advance Martyn On 8 okt, 10:21, MSEdit <mse...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have recently delved into the black art of compiling things tcl on > windows (BLT/freewrap) and I am very surprised that everytning still > uses VC 6.0. =A0This compiler has not been available for sale (even > apparently on ebay) =A0for many years. > > I looked into trying to build a custom starpack with BLT statically > linked in as windows cannot load a BLT dll and found that even the > kitgen for 8.6 uses VC6. > > This is fine for all those who have a copy but using bittorrent to > compile is not realy an option. > > Has anyone managed to change the makefile.vc for TCL/TK and especially > BLT ...

make html on tcl requires tk
On a current trunk checkout of tcl, I tried on CentOS 6.5: cd unix ../configure make make html The last command fails with this error message: tcltk-man-html: could not find Tk below /home/oehhar/test/tcl-trunk/.. Must I really provide Tk ? If yes, how ? Thank you, Harald At Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:23:51 -0700 (PDT) Harald Oehlmann <wortkarg2@yahoo.de> wrote: > > On a current trunk checkout of tcl, I tried on CentOS 6.5: > cd unix > ./configure > make > make html > > The last command fails with this error message: > > tcltk-man...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

Web resources about - New libs required to compile Tcl/Tk !? - comp.lang.tcl

No Jacket Required - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
No Jacket Required is the third solo studio album by English singer-songwriter Phil Collins , the lead vocalist and drummer for the rock band ...

Third-Party Apps No Longer Required To Create Facebook Promotions
Facebook Tuesday announced updated guidelines for promotions on the social network, and the most prominent change was the removal of the requirement ...

Release: @Wyoming_DEQ required to hold... - Powder River Basin Resource Council - Facebook
Release: @Wyoming_DEQ required to hold new public hearing for #coal gasification project Citizens Win Public Hearing on Proposed Aquifer Exemption ...

Action required for new Graph API Webhooks
Action required for new Graph API Webhooks

Facebook opens up promotions policy; third-party apps no longer required
Another step in its simplification process , Facebook is making it easier for pages to run promotions or contests , by removing the requirement ...

UP - Tracker Required (UP/UP24/UP MOVE) on the App Store on iTunes
Get UP - Tracker Required (UP/UP24/UP MOVE) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Chimney Sweep Not Required - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
From the Metis Powwow in Big Valley, Alberta.

NEW Android Market 3.3.11 ICS (NO ROOT REQUIRED) - YouTube
A quick review of the android market v3.3.11 YOU DON'T NEED ROOT! If APK doesn't install normally, you will need to put the file to the system/app ...

Urgent action is required to help Arab Christians
Muslims have a key role to play in preserving a continued Christian presence in the Middle East, writes Michael Young

Men of dollars, and sense, required
It has taken rugby league more than 100 years to reach prudent adulthood. On Wednesday night, the NRL season launch at Sydney's Star casino is ...