new relaxed aplpe ios app rules. so are tcl apps are ok now ? (as long as they don't download code)

new relaxed ios app rules. so are  tcl apps are ok now ? (as long as
they don't download code)
thoughts ?

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/09/09statement.html

On Sep 9, 1:51=A0pm, mh <mike.hoege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> new relaxed ios app rules. so are =A0tcl apps are ok now ? (as long as
> they don't download code)
> thoughts ?
>
> http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/09/09statement.html

That sure would be nice! Hopefully that's the case.
0
scottdware (18)
9/9/2010 6:06:59 PM
On Sep 9, 7:06=A0pm, scottdware <scottdw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 9, 1:51=A0pm, mh <mike.hoege...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > new relaxed ios app rules. so are =A0tcl apps are ok now ? (as long as
> > they don't download code)
> > thoughts ?
>
> >http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/09/09statement.html
>
> That sure would be nice! Hopefully that's the case.

Does anyone here know what's happening with Tcl on android?

It's not available any more at:

http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list

0
pault.eg (38)
9/9/2010 7:01:34 PM
On Sep 9, 7:51=A0pm, mh <mike.hoege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> new relaxed ios app rules. so are =A0tcl apps are ok now ? (as long as
> they don't download code)
> thoughts ?
>
> http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/09/09statement.html

Interesting, esp. the mentioned paragraph about downloaded scripts:

  3.3.2 An Application may not download or install executable code.
Interpreted code may only
be used in an Application if all scripts, code and interpreters are
packaged in the Application and
not downloaded. The only exception to the foregoing is scripts and
code downloaded and run by
Apple's built-in WebKit framework.

This prompts two questions:

 (1) Looks like we can have starpacks, then. But installing 5 Tcl apps
now means installing 5 times the bulk of the interpreter. Would Apple
agree to distribute through the appstore thin "script-only apps",
simply saying that they depend on prior installation of a generic Tcl
interpreter ?

 (2) In Tcl, code=3D=3Ddata=3D=3Dcode ;-) So say my IOS-Tcl app does
[::http::geturl] to retrieve some data, and swallows it with [eval]
(simply because that's the simplest and most natural way of parsing
stuff from Tcl). Would you say that it is "downloading a script" ?

-Alex

Now imagine I have a starpack on the iPhone
Paul wrote:
> On Sep 9, 7:06 pm, scottdware <scottdw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 9, 1:51 pm, mh <mike.hoege...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> new relaxed ios app rules. so are  tcl apps are ok now ? (as long as
>>> they don't download code)
>>> thoughts ?
>>> http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/09/09statement.html
>> That sure would be nice! Hopefully that's the case.
>
> Does anyone here know what's happening with Tcl on android?
>
> It's not available any more at:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list

Not sure, but the starkit for the android is available at
http://www.patthoyts.tk/tclkit/android-arm/

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |
Gerald
9/9/2010 9:11:47 PM
On 9 Sep, 20:53, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> =A0(1) Looks like we can have starpacks, then. But installing 5 Tcl apps
> now means installing 5 times the bulk of the interpreter. Would Apple
> agree to distribute through the appstore thin "script-only apps",
> simply saying that they depend on prior installation of a generic Tcl
> interpreter ?

Is it really all that big a deal? Compare the size of a particular
application packaged as a starpack with the equivalent package done
with any other language.

> =A0(2) In Tcl, code=3D=3Ddata=3D=3Dcode ;-) So say my IOS-Tcl app does
> [::http::geturl] to retrieve some data, and swallows it with [eval]
> (simply because that's the simplest and most natural way of parsing
> stuff from Tcl). Would you say that it is "downloading a script" ?

If the data is treated as data (i.e., it's a picture or a map layout
or ...) then I'd say it's within the key part of the rules. In
particular, they want people to purchase the app once and then to have
it, instead of having to download further parts of it later on. (I can
understand that.) Send the data as something like YAML or JSON and
then you can say "but of course it's data!" Or send it all in one app
with no further downloading at all; that's got to not be downloading a
script!

Don't act as a language-lawyer, think instead about fulfilling the
spirit of the rules. A meditation on the nature of code and data just
confuses. (I was going to say that it is a "duality" but that's really
missing the point; information can have both code-nature and data-
nature, just like an electron can have both matter and wave natures,
and any true description of it is incomplete without knowing both
natures. Not that I'd try to argue that with Apple.)

Donal.
Gerald W. Lester wrote:
> Paul wrote:

>>> That sure would be nice! Hopefully that's the case.
>>
>> Does anyone here know what's happening with Tcl on android?
>>
>> It's not available any more at:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list
>>

> Not sure, but the starkit for the android is available at
> http://www.patthoyts.tk/tclkit/android-arm/

Re: Issue 424 in android-scripting: Tcl has disappeared from
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list

The author of the Tcl interpreter for SL4A hasn't updated it to work with
the new versions. Until then, if you want to use Tcl, you'll need to install
an older version of SL4A (one from when it was still ASE).

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |
Gerald
9/10/2010 1:24:25 AM
The Evolane main page http://www.evolane.com/ mentions an Iphone
version of etcl.  Maybe this could be adapted for the new rules to
generate starkits.

I believe I saw Eric on google groups this week.

Could he let us know his feelings on the new rules and if our hopes
are founded.

He also mentions etcp for Android but the link seems broken.

Martyn
0
MSEdit
9/10/2010 9:39:10 AM
MSEdit wrote:
> The Evolane main page http://www.evolane.com/ mentions an Iphone
> version of etcl.  Maybe this could be adapted for the new rules to
> generate starkits.
>
> I believe I saw Eric on google groups this week.
>
> Could he let us know his feelings on the new rules and if our hopes
> are founded.
>
> He also mentions etcp for Android but the link seems broken.
>
> Martyn

Martyn,

I gave the Android link in my previous post.

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |
Gerald
9/10/2010 12:57:40 PM
On Sep 10, 2:57=A0pm, "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Les...@KnG-
Consulting.net> wrote:
> MSEdit wrote:
> > The Evolane main pagehttp://www.evolane.com/mentions an Iphone
> > version of etcl. =A0Maybe this could be adapted for the new rules to
> > generate starkits.
>
> > I believe I saw Eric on google groups this week.
>
> > Could he let us know his feelings on the new rules and if our hopes
> > are founded.
>
> > He also mentions etcp for Android but the link seems broken.
>
> > Martyn
>
> Martyn,
>
> I gave the Android link in my previous post.
>
> --
> +------------------------------------------------------------------------=
+
> | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|
> | Email: Gerald.Les...@kng-consulting.net =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|
> +------------------------------------------------------------------------=
+

I could not find any TCL on your page link.

ETCL seems to be in suspension for now anyway on all platforms.

Updates were regular before.

Martyn
0
msedit (170)
9/10/2010 1:04:49 PM
At http://www.patthoyts.tk/tclkit/android-arm/ I see the following:

agcc-ndk                                  6647 bytes  Jul 11, 2010 17:28:10
AndroidScriptingEnvironment.apk         145238 bytes  Jan 15, 2010 02:05:20
ase-sh-tclkit.png                        23484 bytes  Jan 15, 2010 01:12:18
ase-tcl-interps.png                      10867 bytes  Jan 15, 2010 01:12:18
ASE-tcl-support.patch                     5586 bytes  Jan 15, 2010 02:37:59
ase-tclsh.png                            15567 bytes  Jan 15, 2010 01:12:18
Makefile                                  1181 bytes  Jul 11, 2010 17:50:58
push.sh                                    727 bytes  Jul 11, 2010 17:51:09
README.html                                693 bytes  Jul  1, 2010 23:31:46
tclkit-cli-8.6b1.1-android-arm.gz       891856 bytes  Jan 15, 2010 00:57:42
tclkit-cli-8.6b1.1-android-arm.gz.asc      303 bytes  Jan 15, 2010 00:59:20
tclkit-cli-8.6b1.2-android-arm-1.5.gz   926456 bytes  Jul  9, 2010 21:03:48
tclkit-cli-8.6b1.2-android-arm.gz       916736 bytes  Jul  1, 2010 23:27:48
tclkit-cli-8.6b1.2-android-arm.gz.asc      307 bytes  Jul  1, 2010 23:28:52
tclkit-test-steveb.gz                   934781 bytes  Jul 13, 2010 00:56:44
tclsh_extras_r1.zip                        274 bytes  Jan 19, 2010 23:23:08
tclsh_r1.zip                            900334 bytes  Jan 19, 2010 23:23:08
tclsh_scripts_r1.zip                      1080 bytes  Jan 19, 2010 23:23:08

Note -- this is note eTcl but rather the starkit for Android which is what
was listed on the Google page.

MSEdit wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2:57 pm, "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Les...@KnG-
> Consulting.net> wrote:
>> MSEdit wrote:
>>> The Evolane main pagehttp://www.evolane.com/mentions an Iphone
>>> version of etcl.  Maybe this could be adapted for the new rules to
>>> generate starkits.
>>> I believe I saw Eric on google groups this week.
>>> Could he let us know his feelings on the new rules and if our hopes
>>> are founded.
>>> He also mentions etcp for Android but the link seems broken.
>>> Martyn
>> Martyn,
>>
>> I gave the Android link in my previous post.
>>
>> --
>> +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>> | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
>> | Email: Gerald.Les...@kng-consulting.net                                |
>> +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> I could not find any TCL on your page link.
>
> ETCL seems to be in suspension for now anyway on all platforms.
>
> Updates were regular before.
>
> Martyn

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |
Gerald
9/10/2010 1:40:25 PM
"Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@KnG-Consulting.net> writes:

>Paul wrote:

>>> That sure would be nice! Hopefully that's the case.
>>
>> Does anyone here know what's happening with Tcl on android?
>>
>> It's not available any more at:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list
>>

>Not sure, but the starkit for the android is available at
>http://www.patthoyts.tk/tclkit/android-arm/

Always good to know someone actually used or wants it. I'll try and get
on with updating this for their new packaging system. The change from
ASE to SL4A was fairly disruptive.
--
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD

Just found this on the appstore http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/commodore-64/id305504539?mt=8
they have reactivated the BASIC programming, no save/load but it can
run BASIC.

Martyn
0
MSEdit
9/20/2010 11:56:10 AM
There is now this available for LUA so TCL should be acceptable !

http://twolivesleft.com/Codify/

I presume that it is possible to download/upload code using the clipboard.

Martyn
0
msedit (170)
10/27/2011 10:24:11 AM
On 10/27/11 6:24 AM, msedit@gmail.com wrote:
> There is now this available for LUA so TCL should be acceptable !
>
> http://twolivesleft.com/Codify/
>
> I presume that it is possible to download/upload code using the clipboard.
>
> Martyn

As far as I know, no one has ported Tcl to run on iOS.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin

"Evolane activity focuses on providing extensive support and customization =
for our products (e.g. eTcl engine for Windows Mobile, Android, Symbian and=
 iPhone, and embedded Linux systems). Evolane also shares its expertise in =
dynamic programming, cross-compilation, and portable rapid development."

So a port has been made but never released.
As I thought cocoa touch was a subset of cocoa and the mac port of TCL is a=
lready - I presume - interfaced with objective C alot of the hard work has =
already been done. Obviously TK is not the same problem.
 It is a shame that Daniel Steffen is no longer available to help out.

Does anyone have a contact with Eric Hassold still to ask if he is willing =
to share the work he has done ?

Martyn
0
msedit (170)
11/2/2011 8:21:16 AM
On 11/2/11 4:21 AM, msedit@gmail.com wrote:
> So a port has been made but never released.

Evolane hasn't updated eTcl for a couple of years, at least not
publicly. It's hard to say where things stand with it.

> As I thought cocoa touch was a subset of cocoa and the mac port of TCL is already - I presume - interfaced with objective C alot of the hard work has already been done. Obviously TK is not the same problem.

The Mac port of Tcl has only a few Mac-specific bits--it's mostly the
Unix port as, under the hood, OS X is just another Unix, and so the
C/POSIX API is sufficient.

iOS shares a lot of the same underpinnings, but they are not synonymous.

As far as Tk goes, Cocoa Touch is a a wholly different API than desktop
Cocoa (the frameworks are, respectively, UIKit and Appkit).

>   It is a shame that Daniel Steffen is no longer available to help out.

Don't underestimate the amount of work it would take to port Tk to Cocoa
Touch. Daniel did the Tk/Cocoa port under contract to Apple (he's now a
full-time employee there); it took him nearly a year of full-time work
to finish it. Done as a weekend-warrior OSS project, a port of Tk to
Cocoa Touch would probably take longer--and that assumes that Daniel or
someone as skilled as he is doing the work, building on the work already
done.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin
On 11/11/11 4:08 PM, mike.hoegeman@gmail.com wrote:
> i ported tcl to ios, and as described previously as an amusement and it's pretty uneventful. i just tweaked the MacOS flavor of the existing configure machinery and got something in place w/o much trouble. i was going start on  making an "ik" but got side tracked on another project for a while. i plan on going back to it one of these days but  i didn't really want to start until i can dedicate some concerted / sustained effort to it.

Could you submit what you had to do as an enhancement request to the bug
system and maybe someone with commit privs could start a IOS branch (and the
same for anyone who has done Android work).

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |

Can't find a usable init.tcl ... Tcl wasn't installed correctly
I built a toy tcl/tk program with an embedded interpreter. It works as expected under Linux. When I run the program from the Windows XP command prompt, initialization of the embedded interpreter fails, returning a message like: ----------------------------------------------------------- Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed correctly. ----------------------------------------------------------- I tried again after executing SET TCL_LIBRARY=C:\Tcl\Lib\tcl8.4 from the command prompt, and the Tcl_Init call succe...

package require doesn't work in embedded Tcl app
Hi, I'm writing a C application and have embedded Tcl into it. It runs simple Tcl scripts fine but I run into problems when my scripts try to load standard packages with package require. I get an error message saying package can't be found. If I run the same script with tclsh the same packages load fine. On investigating the problem I've found that that [info globals] gives me different global variables for my embedded Tcl compared to tclsh. For example, the embedded Tcl doesn't have the global variables auto_path and tcl_library, whereas tclsh does. I'm guessing this difference is why package require works with tclsh and not with the embedded Tcl. What I want is the embedded Tcl to work exactly like the installed tclsh with regards to loading standard packages. Is there a recommended way of setting up these globals so that is the case, or have I messed up somehow to cause this problem? Thanks As you already found out the variables auto_path and tcl_library are involved in finding packages - most notably tcl_library. Have you called the function Tcl_FindExecutable()? That is the one that takes care of most if not all initialisation (despite the name). Regards, Arjen n 2012-03-20 10:15, Paul wrote: > Hi, > > I'm writing a C application and have embedded Tcl into it. It runs > simple Tcl scripts fine but I run into problems when my scripts try to > load standard packages with package require. I get an error message > saying p...

problems with creating frame from xrc (app doesn't close, members don't resize)
I am trying to create the main frame for the application from an xrc resource. >From OnInit I do: MyFrame *mainFrame = new MyFrame((wxFrame *)NULL); mainFrame->Show(true); SetTopWindow(mainFrame); In the constructor of the frame I have: wxXmlResource::Get()->Load(wxT("wxWcMainFrame.xrc")); wxXmlResource::Get()->LoadFrame(this, parent, wxT("wxWcMainFrame")); wxXmlResource::Get()->Load(wxT("mainMenu.xrc")); SetMenuBar(wxXmlResource::Get()->LoadMenuBar((wxFrame *)this, wxT("mainMenu"))); ...

Can't call tcl library function in a VS2005 mfc app
hi,Guys, I try to embed a tcl interpreter in a mfc app, but when link the project, the vs2005 report "access violation" at the first call of a tcl library function: Tcl_FindExecutable, My OS is winXP. I checked the previous posts in groups, the method is: remove the tclstub.lib, this does work, I guess that in the tclstub, it defines the tcl library's functions' address, so it cause the "access violation". (and could some guy kindly tell me why?) but this is ok in the VS6.0...Could some guy kindly help me fix this? I am not very good at VS and tcl library, give me more detailed will be appreciated. Best regards. BH. BigHand wrote: > hi,Guys, > I try to embed a tcl interpreter in a mfc app, but when link the > project, the vs2005 report "access violation" at the first call of a > tcl library function: Tcl_FindExecutable, My OS is winXP. > > I checked the previous posts in groups, > the method is: remove the tclstub.lib, this does work, I guess that > in the tclstub, it defines the tcl library's functions' address, so it > cause the "access violation". (and could some guy kindly tell me why?) > > but this is ok in the VS6.0...Could some guy kindly help me fix this? > I am not very good at VS and tcl library, give me more detailed will > be appreciated. > > Best regards. > > BH. Are you defining USE_TCL_STUBS for the compile? If so, undefine it. That way, you...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest...

Visual C++ 2005 Express won't link my tcl app
Hi folks, I hope you can pardon a Hello, world question. I'm having a tough time getting my Tcl Library app to link under the Microsoft compiler on Windows. I've had it running under Linux. I get messages like: tkntrp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__Tcl_CreateInterp referenced in function "void __cdecl makeTkInterp(void)" (?makeTkInterp@@YAXXZ) I get similar messages for __imp__Tk_Init, __imp__Tcl_CreateCommand, __imp__Tk_MainLoop, __imp__Tcl_Eval, and others. I googled for those __imp__T* strings but I don't see them anywhere. I put a pat...

[telecom] Don't download that app: US presidential candidates will STALK you with it
Don't download that app: US presidential candidates will STALK you with it Romney mobe application even requests permission to record audio ... By John Leyden The Register 20 August 2012 Security researchers have uncovered privacy shortcomings in the mobile applications offered by both the Barack Obama and Mitt Romney presidential campaigns. The campaign teams of the incumbent US President and his Republican challenger have each released apps for both iOS and Android, in good time for the election on November 6. Experts at GFI Software looked at the Android versions of both apps, discovering both to be surprisingly invasive. Obama for America and Mitt's VP request permissions, access to services and data and capabilities beyond their core mandate. For example, each of the apps features the ability to cross-post on users' behalf and report back to base. One app even has a tool to encourage users to go canvassing on behalf of the candidate, which in GFI's test directed Obama supporters to an unsafe part of a US town - just north of downtown Clearwater, Florida. Both Android apps slurp the details of users' contacts and log location data, as a rundown by GFI on both apps and the permissions they seek explains. The Romney app even requests permission to record audio for unspecified (and so-far unactivated) purposes. .... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/20/us_pres_campaign_mobile_app_privacy/ On 0...

TCL 'infotag get med_envelope_from' doesn't work on IOS 12.3(6) ?
Hallo, Does anybody know why I cant use: infotag get med_envelope_from on IOS 12.3(6) ? How can I obtain e-mail from address in mmoip dial-peer application (off-ramp fax). Thank you in advance, Hypnos ...

AOL 9.0 don't do it just don't . Don't even think of it.
I had 8.0, and it ran fine. I downloaded 9.0 and that was the end of my computer never having a problem. 3 years and no problems. 1 week with AOL 9.0 and I've had 27 error messages , sign offs and other problems. AOL was no help. They can't even admit it has a problem. So I had to REFORMAT MY HARD DRIVE AND INSTALL ALL MY PROGRAMS AND ALL MY SAVED FILES. Needless to say I no longer have AOL at all. Reformat and get rid of it. ...

Messages . . . Now you see them . . . Now you don't . . . Guess Epson can't stand criticism
Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after posting to this newsgroup . . . or maybe an Epson sympathiser had a hand in deleting the message. I can still see loads of messages in here that are critical of Epson. Hey if they all dissappeared the NG would be allmost empty! CrimsonLiar "Raymond Owen" <raymwo@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:40761d03_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after > posting to this newsgroup . . . or maybe an Epson sympathiser had a hand in > deleting the message. > > In article <40761d03_1@news.iprimus.com.au>, "Raymond Owen" <raymwo@iprimus.com.au> wrote: > Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after > posting to this newsgroup . . . OK, now, put your foil helmet and repeat after me: no one is cancelling Usenet posts. It's very, VERY difficult to do this. Maybe impossible. Can you give us an example of one of these posts? I'll go look it up for you. You *do* know that your newsreader marks a message as having been read and then doesn't show it to you again, don't you? You can tell your newsreader not to do that, but it makes reading news a whole lot harder. You can also tell your newsreader to go back and fetch things that it's already marked as having been read. You can also go to Go...

I sell various items for Amiga on EBAY, if you don't agree don't read and don't break my balls, understand mr. user?
See on this link: http://search.ebay.it/_W0QQsassZmousemikiQQhtZ-1 P.s. not all items are for Amiga, simple don't see others! ...

Free math' app' threatens commercial math' app's
For Mac math' buffs, a new FREE open-source math' app' called SAGE will be available for free shortly, which claims to beat expensive commercial software like Mathematica which costs $2,500 Some team of math' experts at University of Washington are developing the app' Supposedly SAGE has already won awards in open competition at some world-wide math' conference. <http://uwnews.washington.edu/ni/article.asp?articleID=38459> Mark- In article <noneof-AC775C.02292008122007@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>, Mark Conrad <noneof@urbusiness.invalid...

gavino was kicked from #tcl by thommey [you're permanently banned from this channel, please don't come back]
I find this unfair. Can I appeal? -Gavino, lover of tcl and web based apps, businessman, austrain schooler, tea party member, former football player, and possessor of excellent postup game and passing skills, beach bachelor, weight lifter, and D&D player. On 8/23/12 12:56 AM, gavino_himself wrote: > I find this unfair. > > Can I appeal? > > -Gavino, lover of tcl and web based apps, businessman, austrain schooler, tea party member, former football player, and possessor of excellent postup game and passing skills, beach bachelor, weight lifter, and D&D player. > What did you do that made him decide to kick you off? -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net | +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, gavino_himself wrote: > Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 22:56:51 -0700 (PDT) > From: gavino_himself <visploveslisp@gmail.com> > Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl > Subject: gavino was kicked from #tcl by thommey [you're permanently banned > from this channel, please don't come back] > > I find this unfair. > > Can I appeal? > > -Gavino, lover of tcl and web based apps, businessman, austrain > schooler, tea party member, former football player, a...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

How can I upload a Tcl/Tk app to Windows 8 app store?
Yes! the topic says it. I have an account with Nokia's store. However, I ask if there is a special packaging method required, similar to java packaging with signing. I hope I get the recipe. thanks. On 5/25/14, 3:52 PM, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Yes! the topic says it. > I have an account with Nokia's store. > However, I ask if there is a special packaging method required, similar to java packaging with signing. > I hope I get the recipe. thanks. > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj657972.aspx -- Kevin Walzer Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by...

VB6 app output won't print until app is closed
I don't have the source code. The program was developed by a buddy on another continent. I print a form full of text from VB6 - maybe about 1200 characters. I can see the 286 bytes in the print queue but the document doesn't print and no data has been sent to the printer. I quit the application and the whole document is released! The application is using .EndDoc in the appropriate place. I'm running on Win98. The app seems to run fine on W2k and on anything my buddy tests it on. Any ideas? ...

Internet Apps don't work.
I've got a rather strange problem with FreeBSD 5.2.1. I'm using a Broadcom NIC card with the bfe driver. It loads fine at the beginning, and DHCP has no problem querying the network to get its information, but the problem is: no apps can access the network! Ping, FTP, telnet, Mozilla, even sysinstall can't access the network. I've tried switching on and off every single option on the sysinstall networking page, but nothing seems to work. (and yes, I have inetd enabled, and have kept it enabled) I even repartioned the drive and set up FreeBSD again from scratch, but the problem keeps occuring. DHClient seems to be the only program that is capable of contacting the network through the NIC card. I get the feeling I'm missing something rather obvious, but I can't think of a single thing that could be causing this problem... Any help is greatly appreciated. -==Kensu==- On 2004-04-28, Chris Schumacher <kensu__@hotmail.com> wrote: > I've got a rather strange problem with FreeBSD 5.2.1. I'm using a Broadcom > NIC card with the bfe driver. It loads fine at the beginning, and DHCP has ObNitPick; ``NIC'' stands for Network Interface Card, so ``NIC card'' stands for ``Network Interface Card card''. Talk about a NIC or about a network (interface) card, but not about NIC cards, please. > no problem querying the network to get its information, but the problem...

apps that don't work on Leopard
So many? http://guides.macrumors.com/List_of_Applications_Not_Compatible_with_Leopard Applications with major issues Acidsearch 0.7 Beta 2 is ready to download, very buggy though. I havnt had a chance to test it yet. Check sites news section for more details Adobe CS3 - links to a pdf where Adobe outlines what will work and what won't (Acrobat and video apps have issues as does Lightroom) AlchemyTV - A fix will be coming, but no timetable for it AOL Crashes when attempting to edit Preferences Aperture Apple: Aperture should not be run at the same time as Time Machine. Potentially dire consequences. (Does Aperture update 1.5.6 fix this?) Applejack Will not run - gives message "not authorized as root user. Applejack must quit" Application Enhancer by Unsanity Most current version will simply not work but earlier versions cause the blue screen issue when upgrading to Leopard, forcing the user to have to remove the files manually or perform an archive and install. Azureus Conflicts with airport driver ( In Core2Duo Macbook Pro 802.11N card, and MacBook Core Duo) causing kernel panic (works on Aluminum PB G4 Airport Extreme, so an Intel issue) BOINC Link to discussion about Leopard incompatibility. Code change required. Collectorz.com (Excluding, at least...

Don't Use The Map App Down Under!
Seems that people are winding up in the strangest places... <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57558151-37/australia-police-discourage-u se-of-apple-maps-app-after-rescues/?tag=nl.e703&s_cid=e703> In article <CCEB9120.947B8%ghost_topper@hotmail.com>, George Kerby <ghost_topper@hotmail.com> wrote: > Seems that people are winding up in the strangest places... > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57558151-37/australia-police-discourage-u > se-of-apple-maps-app-after-rescues/?tag=nl.e703&s_cid=e703> Idiots. -- Send responses to...

Why don't ePaper-devices do apps?
We know that epaper takes half a second to update its screen, so it can't keep-up with keyed input. But can't a method be found to buffer a [selectable] number a chars, between screen updates. Or some other solution. And why shouldn't it have an email-client and a 'lynx-like' http-fetcher? Avoid9Pdf@gmail.com wrote: > We know that epaper takes half a second to update its > screen, so it can't keep-up with keyed input. > > But can't a method be found to buffer a [selectable] > number a chars, between screen updates. Or some > ...

Don't update any apps for a bit...
http://gizmodo.com/5923545/ios-and-mac-apps-crashing-because-of-corrupt-app-store-updates -- <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/LinearTrendLineCreation.mov> - Snit's ignorance of Excel and his hilarious attempt at statistical analysis On 07/05/2012 07:45 AM, cc wrote: > http://gizmodo.com/5923545/ios-and-mac-apps-crashing-because-of-corrupt-app-store-updates GreyCloud, Snit, -hh, and the other assorted Apple Astroturfers seem to have nothing to say about this. On 7/5/12 12:03 PM, in article jt4odp$tdn$2@news.albasani.net, "Nobody" <invalid@invalid.c...

App sought that issues 'mouse codes' from the keyboard or 'script'
OK - Wierd request time. I'm after an app that lets me issue 'mouse codes' from the keyboard or from a script. So, for example, I could run a script that says... Move absolute to (1008, 600) Select on Move relative (5,8) Select off Which would have the same effect as from screen coordinate (1008,600) holding the select botton down while dragging the mouse 5 pixels across and 8 pixels up. It'd be ideal if this ran everytime I pressed, say f1. Can anyone suggest how I can achieve this ? On the one hand, I'm thinking this should be possible, but on the other I can't ...

tcl code to read an image and write tcl code?
Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc that would take an image, say a gif, and output pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? I saw something about a unix program that did something with mimes but I'm on windows. In article <4403BC94.447A7341@rocketship1.com>, Eric Taylor <et2@rocketship1.com> wrote: > > >Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc >that would take an image, say a gif, and output >pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? > >I saw something about a unix program that did >something with mimes but I'm on wi...

Mail.app Rules Won't Apply By Themselves
I've got a rule in my Mail to run an applescript every time it gets an E-Mail from a certain address. I know the rule works, because when I select the message and manually go to "Message -> Apply Rules," the script executes just fine. But it won't run without me doing that. Other rules seem to work automatically as well. Any ideas why this might be? In article <1109819253.321270.292530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "The Pope" <kk@thepopeshinesmyshoes.com> wrote: > I've got a rule in my Mail to run an applescript every time it gets an &g...

Web resources about - new relaxed aplpe ios app rules. so are tcl apps are ok now ? (as long as they don't download code) - comp.lang.tcl