Newbie to Tcl/TK: Question about VxWorks.

Hello All,

I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's
without success.  Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk
available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on.

Many thanks in advance,

Richard

0
richard_l (20)

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

Newbie to Tcl/TK. VxWorks question....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:bu9v6s$bqv$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > Hello All, > > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. > > Many thanks in advance, > > Richard > Dear Richard: You might get some better data from comp.os.vxworks, Richard. A lot of the FAE's from Windriver hang out over there. Tcl is integrated into the host shell in vxWorks and it works just fine. The Tornado IDE instantiates most of its widgets in Tk, but I think you are looking for target support. I suspect the bigger issue will be the underlying BSP architecture. In vxWorks, there are significant differences between targets, so the underlying issue will be what graphic support you have in your BSP. Hope this helps a little. Charles (Orange County VxWorks Users Group) ...

Newbie question about Tcl/Tk cross-platform and looking for BLT stripchart screenshot
Hello, You don't get any more newbie than this. I have never used Tcl/Tk, but it looks like I'll have to in order to gain access to the BLT stripchart widget. Can anyone tell me if my Linux coding for this task will be translatable to Windows. In other words, is the Tcl/Tk environment a cross-platform product? And while we're at it, does anyone have a screenshot sample of a BLT stripchart somewhere? Thanks in advance, Chris Hello, Found my answer to the cross-platform question at: http://mini.net/tcl/1145 Answer appears to be YES. However, I'm still interested in seeing a BLT screenshot of a stripchart somewhere. Thanks, Chris "Pesto" <dellaenterprises[removethis]@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:NNudnU0osPmJ7vmiRVn-gg@giganews.com... > Hello, > You don't get any more newbie than this. I have never used Tcl/Tk, but it > looks like I'll have to in order to gain access to the BLT stripchart > widget. > Can anyone tell me if my Linux coding for this task will be translatable to > Windows. In other words, is the Tcl/Tk environment a cross-platform product? > > And while we're at it, does anyone have a screenshot sample of a BLT > stripchart somewhere? > > Thanks in advance, > Chris > > "Pesto" <dellaenterprises[removethis]@prodigy.net>, In a message on Sun, 14 Sep 2003 07:54:24 -0600, wrote : "> Hello, "> You don't get any more newbie tha...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Newbie Question (Tcl)
Hi This question is aimed at TCL people. How do I POST and GET XML text lines using the http library? I need a detailed answer please. Thanks afri ...

Newbie Tcl Question
Hello, In Tcl, how can I extract the file name from a string that contains the fullpath to the file, like so: C:\results\log\file.txt How can I retrieve the 'file.txt' substring from the above string? Thanks, Nadeem khannu@gmail.com wrote: > In Tcl, how can I extract the file name from a string that contains > the fullpath to the file, like so: C:\results\log\file.txt > > How can I retrieve the 'file.txt' substring from the above string? file tail {C:\results\log\file.txt} HTH Stephan khannu@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > In Tcl, how can I extract the file name from a string that contains > the fullpath to the file, like so: C:\results\log\file.txt > > How can I retrieve the 'file.txt' substring from the above string? Read the man/help page on the file command, pay particular attention to the tail subcommand. -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

Tcl/Tk
I've only been investigating Tcl/Tk for a short while but have been very impressed by it's all-around capabilities, community support, etc. IMHO I feel there are some things, in the Tk toolkit in particular, that could be improved and which would make Tcl/Tk attractive to a wider range of developers (particularly Windows developers as they're the biggest crowd out there), hopefully bringing others into the Tcl/Tk fold. In my observations I've noticed a few things that as an newbie immediately caught my attention. I would like to present them here as suggestions for improvement, possibly for the next version currently in development (8.5)? I'll first list them out then give more detailed explanations below. As I am very new to Tcl/Tk I realize I could be way off on many of these and/or many have probably already been suggested. - Suggestions - TK 1 - Add tk_chooseFont command 2 - Add tk_choosePrinter command 3 - Add combobox widget 4 - Add tree control widget 5 - Add notebook/tab widget 6 - Add progressbar widget 7 - Add toolbar widget 8 - Add statusbar widget 9 - Enhance the *nix widgets to look more GTK2-like, or at least more sharp/modern. 10- Enhance listbox widget to support multiple columns 11- Enhance button widget to support "flat" style 12- Rename tk_getOpenFile to tk_chooseFile 13- Rename tk_optionMenu to optionMenu 14- Rename tk_setPalette to setPalette 15- Rename tk_focusNext, tk_focusPrev and tk_focusFollowsMouse to focusNext, fo...

Tcl Newbie: Call tk_* functions from Tcl application
Hi, First, I am completely new to Tcl/Tk. I am learning Tcl in order to customize another application (Laker) on Solaris 2.8. Tcl is embedded in this application, which has many extensions to access the application database, but no support for Tk. Instead, it provides its own set of Tcl GUI functions. I would really like more flexibility than what the app provides, plus I would like to use some of the pre-built Tk dialogs for selecting files, for instance. I don't see why I should re-invent the wheel. I have downloaded and installed ActiveTcl and have been able to run the Tk functions I need from within Wish. So, my question is this: Is there some way to compile the ActiveTcl functions and call them from Laker's Tcl interface? Eg. 1) tk_chooseDirectory is compiled into a Tcl app called say 'getdir'. 2) Laker's interface calls app 'getdir' with exec and gets directory returned. I hope this makes sense! Thanks for any help you can offer. Andrew Wilford Hi, Thanks for your response. The version is 8.3.2 and the response from 'package require Tk' is 'can't find package Tk'. The app's R&D tech says they don't support Tk yet. I thought it was a part of Tcl, but I guess not. Can you elaborate when you say I can use wish? Will that allow me to return a string to a calling Tcl script from within the Laker application? Regards, Andrew Wilford According to Andrew Wilford <awilford@adelphi...

Tcl/Tk Aqua question
When I do a "pack -side right" the button goes all the over to the right and is partially obscured by the resizer corner. How do I move the button over to see the whole thing? Robert In article <5b49f5aa.0411051031.3da71290@posting.google.com>, sigzero@gmail.com (Robert) wrote: >When I do a "pack -side right" the button goes all the over to the >right and is partially obscured by the resizer corner. How do I move >the button over to see the whole thing? You could pack a frame or empty label to the right of the button to act as a spacer. Or ignore it. Or consider a different layout. (For example I often pack a row of buttons long the bottom starting from the *left*; so long as the widgets above are wider than the row of buttons, it's no problem). It's a pity (in fact it's a bug) that the grow box is always visible, even for non-resizable windows. Be warned that there are many aqua Tk bugs (such as: pop-up menus sometimes show up in the wrong place; buttons sometimes aren't visible until you click on them; menubuttons always show the indicator even when told not to). -- Russell ...

tcl/tk on MacOs
Hi all, Does anyone know if tcl/tk is ported to MacOS 10.5? If so, does it use X windows or coco (Mac windowing system)? Thanks, Mona. Mona wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyone know if tcl/tk is ported to MacOS 10.5? If so, does it use > X windows or coco (Mac windowing system)? > > Thanks, > Mona. Yes Tcl/Tk is ported to Mac. You can get X11 builds for it, but the normal version is native. The underlying implementation is currently carbon, not cocoa. But there is a Cocoa port of Tk in progress. Bruce Mona wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyone know if tcl/tk is ported to MacOS 10.5? If so, does it use > X windows or coco (Mac windowing system)? The Tcl/Tk that comes with 10.5 (/usr/bin/tclsh and /usr/bin/wish) is carbon based and is version 8.4.7. An 8.5.* build is freely available from ActiveState (it is also carbon based). -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

Tcl/Tk on Linux questions
I'm thinking of moving from Windows to Linux. Though a computer _user_ since days of 026's, I'm not familiar with any OS internals/structure since CPM-80. I have not yet decided on which distro to use. One set of considerations push towards a reasonably standard Debian based distro. Another set has me leaning towards Tinycore and its competitors. The conflict is that the standard/common distro's manage to download "everything but the kitchen sink" when >90% of my time will be spent with a couple of "kitchen sinks" ;/ I interpret http://docs.activestate.com/activetcl/8.5/at.install.html as saying that as long as I have a specific kernel (or later) all is GO [i.e. no dependencies to download]. When I asked a similar question on a Linux forum (though I was focusing my question on obtaining smallest .iso) I would have to download such a large amount of graphics support that it would defeat my goal of a small download. Two questions: 1. How confused/befuddled am I? 2. What I want from a "GUI" many might consider just a set of menus. There were some demo tcl files on the ACTIVEDVD I purchased several years ago. Something like their top level would suit me well. My desktop would likely appear to be a half dozen icons each launching a specific menu. Anything more I associate with a GUI is already buried in pure Tcl/Tk scripts I write. From the user perspective this is pretty much how I actua...

A couple of questions about Tcl/Tk
Dear Tcl/Tk Folks, I'm a new developer with Tcl/Tk, and I'm hoping to develop educational applications. I have a couple of questions... Accessibility: There are new federal regulations regarding disabled access to software programs. Is it possible to make Tk applications that are compliant with these regulations? Komodo: A very nice, feature driven IDE. However, I find it very difficult to debug Tcl programs, as the following command line is necessary: kotcldebug.exe -port-komodo <komodo-port> -host-komodo <host.location.domain> -file <your-tcl-code> -app-shell <your-tcl-shell> And then you have to run Komodo's debugger... I'm SO new to Tcl/Tk that I don't even know how to make a GUI that would run this command line for me. I was wondering if someone else has done this and would be willing to share/explain. Future: Would someone like to comment on the future of Tcl/Tk? Steve In article <dabb65d.0401090840.59ab5191@posting.google.com>, sscherer@wvu.edu <sscherer@wvu.edu> wrote: . . . >Accessibility: There are new federal regulations regarding disabled >access to software programs. Is it possible to make Tk applications >that are compliant with these regulations? . . . I doubt that anyone knows yet; attention has simply been elsewhere. To the extent that it's possible at all to follow Section 508 (that's what you're writing about, yes?), I'm willing to bet that, ye...

"Tk editor application template" [http://wiki.tcl.tk/8288]
I'm using Tk/Tcl 8.6.4 under WinXP Pro SP3 My learning style is to tweak something that is almost what I want until it is. I have three identified problems: 1. What is proper syntax to invoke when sourced from another script? [Works as expected when clicking on filename.] The code reads: #-------------------------------------------------- # Execute the main procedure #-------------------------------------------------- myAppMain $argc $argv However no reference to "argc" exists. 2. How do I add a functional "Find" com...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

Web resources about - Newbie to Tcl/TK: Question about VxWorks. - comp.lang.tcl

Nico Rosberg and Formula One's biggest question ... can he beat Hamilton?
Formula one's biggest question. Can Nico Rosberg beat Lewis Hamilton?

Experts question effectiveness of Xenophon's reforms to foreign investment laws
Nick Xenophon says current foreign investment laws are as clear as mud and weak as water.

Yahoo! Board Seats ‘Perplex’ SunTrust; ‘Fiduciary Duty’ in Question
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey ’s Robert Peck this morning follows up on the announcement by Yahoo! ( YHOO ) this morning that it has appointed two ...

I assume we're dealing with burst photography, so the question is: Why choose this particular instant ...
Everyone was just talking about that wonderful photograph that Christopher Horner captured at a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game last Saturday. ...

Germanwings Crash Probe Questions Pilots' Medical Privacy Rights
Pilots with mental health issues shouldn’t enjoy the same privacy rights as other people because of the threat posed to passenger safety, according ...

Florida governor kicked off 'Morning Joe' after dodging questions about Trump's latest inflammatory statement ...
Florida Gov. Rick Scott was kicked off of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Thursday after he refused to directly answer a question about GOP frontrunner ...

Questions linger after mom says 4-year-old son shot her in truck
Questions linger after mom says 4-year-old son shot her in truck

Questions remain as 1 of 2 escaped New Mexico inmates caught
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — With the headcount complete, the two guards pulled away from a state correctional center in a remote part of southeastern ...

Wake up Texas. Houston. It's not a question of if. The question is when.
Willful passivity and political cowardice can be a real and present danger to our lives. Few of us in the Galveston/Houston area will ever forget ...