Official Windows compiler for Tcl 8.5 (or what compiler to use for extensions)?

Are the "official" builds for Tcl 8.5 going to stick to VC++ 6.0 or
move to newer versions of the compiler?

I'm asking because if I want to ship a C++ DLL extension that is
compatible with the official 8.4 and 8.5 binaries, do I need to worry
about the compiler being used and whether the main Tcl shell and my
extension land up using different C runtimes? If I'm careful about
memory alloc/dealloc from the correct heap, can I assume the compiler
is immaterial or are there other issues (e.g. exception handling
runtime) I would need to take care of?

Thanks in advance

/Ashok

0
palmtcl (454)

palmtcl@yahoo.com wrote:
> Are the "official" builds for Tcl 8.5 going to stick to VC++ 6.0 or
> move to newer versions of the compiler?
>
> I'm asking because if I want to ship a C++ DLL extension that is
> compatible with the official 8.4 and 8.5 binaries, do I need to worry
> about the compiler being used and whether the main Tcl shell and my
> extension land up using different C runtimes? If I'm careful about
> memory alloc/dealloc from the correct heap

You should always use the Tcl provided alloc calls for anything you want Tcl
to deallocate and the Tcl provided dealloc calls for anything that Tcl
allocated.

>, can I assume the compiler
> is immaterial

Yes, a good number of extensions are written with other compilers, even in
languages other than C and work just fine.

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester                                                       |
Gerald W. Lester wrote:
> palmtcl@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Are the "official" builds for Tcl 8.5 going to stick to VC++ 6.0 or
> > move to newer versions of the compiler?
> >
> > I'm asking because if I want to ship a C++ DLL extension that is
> > compatible with the official 8.4 and 8.5 binaries, do I need to worry
> > about the compiler being used and whether the main Tcl shell and my
> > extension land up using different C runtimes? If I'm careful about
> > memory alloc/dealloc from the correct heap
>
> You should always use the Tcl provided alloc calls for anything you want Tcl
> to deallocate and the Tcl provided dealloc calls for anything that Tcl
> allocated.
>
> >, can I assume the compiler
> > is immaterial
>
> Yes, a good number of extensions are written with other compilers, even in
> languages other than C and work just fine.

I am just curious because I only thought C/C++ would be used for
extensions. What other languages have extensions been done in?

:Robert

0
sigzero (1319)
7/21/2006 4:23:24 PM
Robert Hicks wrote:
> Gerald W. Lester wrote:
>> palmtcl@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> Are the "official" builds for Tcl 8.5 going to stick to VC++ 6.0 or
>>> move to newer versions of the compiler?
>>>
>>> I'm asking because if I want to ship a C++ DLL extension that is
>>> compatible with the official 8.4 and 8.5 binaries, do I need to worry
>>> about the compiler being used and whether the main Tcl shell and my
>>> extension land up using different C runtimes? If I'm careful about
>>> memory alloc/dealloc from the correct heap
>> You should always use the Tcl provided alloc calls for anything you want Tcl
>> to deallocate and the Tcl provided dealloc calls for anything that Tcl
>> allocated.
>>
>>> , can I assume the compiler
>>> is immaterial
>> Yes, a good number of extensions are written with other compilers, even in
>> languages other than C and work just fine.
>>

> I am just curious because I only thought C/C++ would be used for
> extensions. What other languages have extensions been done in?

There has been papers about doing extensions in Fortran -- and I seem to
recall some others but can't remember them.

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester                                                       |
|"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes|
Gerald.Lester (2014)

Using the XCode tools on Mac OSX to compile tcl/tk 8.5.5 C application ...
I've compiled and linked 8.5.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 using the Xcode tools as provided by the OS, and that all went just fine and dandy. I can bring up the tclsh8.5, and puts $tcl_patchLevel tells me that I've arrived, likewise with wish8.5 reporting a tcl_patchLevel of 8.5.5 as well, and it works OK. My problem is linking a trivial C application which creates a single ttk::button which links and runs just fine on FreeBSD (various), and Linux (32 bit and 64 bit), as well as Windows. I cannot for the life of me find either the libtk8.5.dylib or libtk8.5.a file on that platform, and so I cannot figure out how to link my application. In looking through the config.log file, I see somewhere the TK_LIB is set to -lTk, rather than -ltk8.5. Using that, I actually link my application, and get a runnable executable, which immediately dies when it attempts to start Tk up, and I'm thinking that I might have linked with the wrong library (bad memory access) 8-{. In general, one might figure that the library would be located within the tree which is defined by --prefix on the configure script. I've let it default, and I've specified it as well, but thus far, the libtk8.5.so beastie has eluded me. You've probably figured by now I'm a relative newbie to Mac development, but once I get through this hurdle, I expect that the combination of C and tcl/tk will make it appear as though I know what I'm doing (heh heh). The stack dump from gdb is: tst:~/sw/Ne...

compiling XOTcl 1.5.4 against Tcl 8.5
Hi there, as I read XOTcl 1.5.4 should be prepared to be built against Tcl 8.5. I have tried to build it using this configure line: ../configure --with-tcl=/home/jima/FoBui_xTis/tcl8.5a6/unix --enable- symbols=mem --enable-threads --prefix=/home/jima/FoApp_xTis/Fo_xIns/ Fo_xSrc So I am effectively doing: gcc -pipe -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xotcl\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xotcl\" - DPACKAGE_VERSION=\" 1.5.4\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xotcl\ 1.5.4\" - DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 - DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 - DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 - DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 - DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1 -DUSE_THREAD_ALLOC=1 -D_REENTRANT=1 - D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -DTCL_THREADS=1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 - DTCL_WIDE_INT_TYPE=long\ long -DHAVE_STRUCT_STAT64=1 -DHAVE_OPEN64=1 - DHAVE_LSEEK64=1 -DHAVE_TYPE_OFF64_T=1 -DTCL_MEM_DEBUG=1 - DUSE_TCL_STUBS=1 -DCOMPILE_XOTCL_STUBS=1 -DXOTCLVERSION=\" 1.5\" - DXOTCLPATCHLEVEL=\".4\" -DHAVE_TCL_COMPILE_H=1 -I"/home/jima/ FoBui_xTis/tcl8.5a6/generic" -I"/home/jima/FoBui_xTis/tcl8.5a6/unix" - I./generic -g -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -fPIC -c `echo ./generic/ xotcl.c` -o xotcl.o And get error: *************************************** In file included from generic/xotcl.c:46: generic/xotclInt.h:484: error: syntax error before "TclVarHashTable" *******************...

Compiling TCL/TK and extensions under windows
I have recently delved into the black art of compiling things tcl on windows (BLT/freewrap) and I am very surprised that everytning still uses VC 6.0. This compiler has not been available for sale (even apparently on ebay) for many years. I looked into trying to build a custom starpack with BLT statically linked in as windows cannot load a BLT dll and found that even the kitgen for 8.6 uses VC6. This is fine for all those who have a copy but using bittorrent to compile is not realy an option. Has anyone managed to change the makefile.vc for TCL/TK and especially BLT and starpacks to use the FREE visual C++ 2008 compiler. I have a stop gap solution for now but I prefer a more stable solution for a tool which is used regularly by several hundred users. Thanks in advance Martyn On 8 okt, 10:21, MSEdit <mse...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have recently delved into the black art of compiling things tcl on > windows (BLT/freewrap) and I am very surprised that everytning still > uses VC 6.0. =A0This compiler has not been available for sale (even > apparently on ebay) =A0for many years. > > I looked into trying to build a custom starpack with BLT statically > linked in as windows cannot load a BLT dll and found that even the > kitgen for 8.6 uses VC6. > > This is fine for all those who have a copy but using bittorrent to > compile is not realy an option. > > Has anyone managed to change the makefile.vc for TCL/TK and especially > BLT ...

Compiling boost using Intel 8 c++ compiler under Windows
I have downloaded the newest boos release. I am havng problems building boost using the intel C++ 8.0 compiler. It looks as if bjam can't fine the icl.exe compiler executable itself. This file is installed under this directory C:\Program Files\Intel\CPP\Compiler80\Ia32\Bin Any ideas what I do wrong? I try this: run the iclvars.bat batch file. Then I use bjam like this: C:\dev\boost\boost_1_31_0_icc>bjam "-sTOOLS=intel-win32" "-sINTEL_VERSION=80" "-sINTEL_BASE_MSVC_TOOLSET=vc7.1" But when compiling I get these errors from each command to the compiler: ...

tbcload fails to compile against Tcl 8.5
tbcload fails to build against Tcl 8.5 due to some some #define changes in tclInt.h: cmpRead.c:156: error: 'VAR_SCALAR' undeclared here (not in a function) cmpRead.c:159: error: 'VAR_UNDEFINED' undeclared here (not in a function) cmpRead.c: In function 'ExtractObject': cmpRead.c:1428: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules cmpRead.c: In function 'ExtractCompiledLocal': cmpRead.c:2584: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast make: *** [cmpRead.o] Error 1 I hacked around this by defining both VAR_SCALAR and VAR_UNDEFINED to 0, which works around the build failure. But the test suite than fails with: ==== cmpRead-2.2 CheckSignature - check version numbers FAILED ==== Contents of test case: catchBceval [format { TclPro ByteCode %d 0 %s %s } [expr {$::tbcFormatVersion + 1}] $::tbcPackageVersion $::tcl_version] ---- Result was: 1 {bytecode terminated prematurely} ---- Result should have been (exact matching): 1 {unsupported bytecode version: 2} ==== cmpRead-2.2 FAILED I suspect that there were some bytecode changes between 8.4 and 8.5. Are there any plans to port the public tbcload sources to Tcl 8.5? --Wart Wart wrote: > tbcload fails to build against Tcl 8.5 due to some some #define changes > in tclInt.h: > > cmpRead.c:156: error: 'VAR_SCALAR' undeclared here (not in a function) > cmpRead.c:159: error: 'VAR_UNDEFINED' undeclared here (...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

Tcl 8.5 HP/UX Compiler warnings
My latest assignment is to bring Tcl with many packages up on multiple platforms. So, I downloaded the nightly tarballs (the company I consult to is so security-concerned their firewall blocks CVS access, and many packages don't have up to date release files, so I had no other choice), and started compiling for HP/UX. I encountered a bunch of warnings in the Tcl compilation step, even though the code mostly passes the test suite. Some examples are: incorrect argument type, pointer assignment incompatlible, illegal pointer combination for != operator, and cast truncates pointer...

compiling Tcl 8.4 for 64bit on Windows XP64
I use the "Visual Studio 6.0 with SP5" and the "Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2" I open a cmd and call vcvars32.bat first, then I call SetEnv.Cmd with different options, because the option /pre64 doesn't exists in the SDK (see makefile.vc) Have someone the the correct parameters for the compilation? or the link for the right SDK? Best regards Falk falk.von.roetel@web.de writes: >I use the "Visual Studio 6.0 with SP5" and the "Microsoft Platform SDK >for Windows Server 2003 R2" > >I open a cmd and call vcvars32.bat first, then I call SetEnv.Cmd with >different options, because the option /pre64 doesn't exists in the SDK >(see makefile.vc) > >Have someone the the correct parameters for the compilation? or the >link for the right SDK? > >Best regards You may as well stick with 32bit tcl on Windows. However, the method to build this depends what processor. If you are using an AMD64 chip then you need an updated version of the PlatformSDK. There are some options to include that are listed at the top of the win/makefile.vc file or I think they are auto-detected if you are using the autoconf stuff. The main thing is getting an AMD64 capable build environment so you can issue nmake -f makfile.vc MACHINE=AMD64 and have it work. -- Pat Thoyts http://www.patthoyts.tk/ To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header. PGP fingerprint ...

Binary reader speed comparison
I have a fairly simple binary reader proc that exhibits massive speed differences between Tcl 8.5.8 and Tcl8.6b1.1. Here's the proc: proc readFormatted {filename} { set fd [ open $filename r ] fconfigure $fd -encoding binary -translation binary binary scan [ read $fd 2 ] cc type nextlen if {$type != 75} { return -error "File is not in the expected format" } while {![append buffer [read $fd $nextlen] ; eof $fd]} { binary scan [read $fd 2] cc lastlen nextlen # convert to unsigned value set nextlen ...

Problems compiling tcl 8.5.0 test suite
I am compiling tcl 8.5.0 on a Sun SPARC system. When I type "make", the program compiles flawlessly. Then when I type "make test", the attempt to compile ../unix/tclAppInit.c results in a massive set of errors and warnings. Here are just a few samples: "../generic/tclInt.h", line 2006: syntax error before or at: Tcl_LimitHandlerProc "../generic/tclInt.h", line 2009: syntax error before or at: Tcl_LimitHandlerDeleteProc "../generic/tclInt.h", line 2367: warning: no explicit type given "../generic/tclInt.h", line 2367: syntax error before or at: * "../generic/tclInt.h", line 2367: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: tclGet---->TimeProcPtr [...] "../generic/tclTomMathDecls.h", line 153: syntax error before or at: * "../generic/tclTomMathDecls.h", line 153: parameter redeclared: mp_int "../generic/tclTomMathDecls.h", line 153: parameter redeclared: mp_int "../generic/tclTomMathDecls.h", line 158: syntax error before or at: * "../generic/tclTomMathDecls.h", line 158: warning: undefined or missing type for: b "../generic/tclTomMathDecls.h", line 158: parameter redeclared: mp_int and on and on. I don't see any obvious syntax errors in these header files. Has anyone else seen something like this and can offer a pointer as to what may be wrong? Thanks. -- Jeffery Small For Solaris systems, the best place to start is using s...

Tcl extension compiled
Hi there, How can I compile a Tcl C extension and link with libtcl8.x.a instead of libtcl8.x.so to get a battary-included static lib? GCC command example on Linux would be appreciated. Thanks, On 15 dec, 05:55, Wiwat <ohh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > How can I compile a Tcl C extension and link with libtcl8.x.a instead > of libtcl8.x.so to get a battary-included static lib? GCC command > example on Linux would be appreciated. > > Thanks, You can do so either with the explicit library name (/usr/lib/ libtcl8.x.a instead of -ltcl8.x) or wi...

error compiling tcl 8.5 with ss-dev on 2008.11
gavino View profile Translated (View Original) More options Mar 31, 10:37 pm Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl From: gavino <gavcom...@gmail.com> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:37:29 -0700 (PDT) Local: Tues, Mar 31 2009 10:37 pm Subject: compiling error on opensolaris 2008.11 Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this author help anyone, I got a weird error compiling 8.5.6, any help appreciated using ss-dev and gmake root@bunny:/opt/tcl8.5.6/unix# uname -a SunOS bunny 5.11 snv_101b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris nformation for latest available package: Description: Sun Studio Development cluster Name: ss-dev FMRI: pkg:/ss-...@0.5.11,5.11-0.86:20081204T035913Z Version: 0.5.11-0.86 Packaged: 2008-12-04 03:59:13 root@bunny:/opt/tcl8.5.6/unix# ./configure --prefix=/opt/tcl -- enable- threads --enable-shared --enable-dtrace root@bunny:/opt/tcl8.5.6/unix# gmake cc -c -O -KPIC -I"." -I/opt/tcl8.5.6/unix/../unix -I/opt/tcl8.5.6/ unix/../generic -I/opt/tcl8.5.6/unix/../libtommath -DPACKAGE_NAME= \"tcl \" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tcl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"8.5\" - DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tcl\ 8.5\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 - DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 - DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD...

ISO: changes to expect cvs head to compile against tcl 8.5
So, I'm uncertain exactly what I need to change in expect so that it compiles with tcl 8.5. There appears to be a change in an internal interface that now prevents expect from building. The old TCL_REG_BOSONLY symbol is now gone, which results in a failure to compile exp_inter.c . I wondered if anyone dependent on Expect had figured out what needs to happen to fix this. Thanks! Larry W. Virden wrote: > So, I'm uncertain exactly what I need to change in expect so that it > compiles with tcl 8.5. There appears to be a change in an internal > interface that now prevents expect from building. The old > TCL_REG_BOSONLY symbol is now gone, which results in a failure to > compile exp_inter.c . I wondered if anyone dependent on Expect had > figured out what needs to happen to fix this. See Expect Bug 1634110. Someone named Larry Virden reported this before and the fix was offered, tested, and confirmed. ;^) -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| On Sep 17, 1:01 pm, Donald G Porter <d...@nist.gov> wrote: > See Expect Bug 1634110. Someone named Larry Virden reported this before > and the fix was offered, tested, and confirmed. ;^) Hey, as I get older, I get more and more forgetful... :bl...

Tcl 8.4.6 Source
Tried compiling 8.4.6 under Windows SFU. Make failed with: .../generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatClock': .../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: `timezone' undeclared (first use in this funct ion) I know SFU is unsupported but is there anything obvious I missed? Compiled 8.4.5 with Mingw on a different machine and that worked find. However Mingw is not acceptable to Corporate Employer where as SFU is because it's fully supported by Microsoft. Details on SFU at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp. Last question - will Expect run under unix emulation on Windows?...

compiling Tcl 8.5.7 with VS 2005 Standard, under XP64
Hi there, I am trying to compile tcl 8.5.7 with Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition, targeting the IA64. I set the platform to X64 in VS 2005 (I can only see Win32 and X64), and use the command line nmake -f makefile.vc MACHINE=IA64 However I only get the lib file, not the tcl shell exe file Is this because my version of VS 2005 does not support IA64 of Tcl ? Regards S-Y. Chen On Dec 17, 2:45=A0am, FEA-Opt Technology Taiwan <cont...@fea- optimization.com> wrote: > I am trying to compile tcl 8.5.7 with Visual Studio 2005 Standard > Edition, targeting ...

Tcl 8.4.6 compilation issue with cygwin 1.5.11-1
Hi, I'm getting this compiler error, while compiling Tcl sh 8.4.6 with cygwin. Can someone help me with this. gcc -c -g -O -Wall -Wconversion -I"./../generic" -I"." -DBUILD_tcl -mno-cygwin "tclWin32Dll.c" -o tclWin32Dll.obj tclWin32Dll.c:58: error: initializer element is not constant tclWin32Dll.c:58: error: (near initialization for `asciiProcs.buildCommDCBProc') tclWin32Dll.c:59: error: initializer element is not constant tclWin32Dll.c:59: error: (near initialization for `asciiProcs.charLowerProc') tclWin32Dll.c:60: error: initializer element...

Bug789040 came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5.
Dear All, Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Chengye Mao http://www.geocities.com/~chengye Chengye Mao wrote: > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Have you i...

Compiling a TCL Extension with Cygwin
I am making my first attemp to build a Tcl loadable package. I understand a Tcl extension is simply a shared library conforming to the Tcl standard for managing the dlopen() interface. >From the load command of Tcl Manual, an example extension is provided, I have included it below for reference. In compile, I get errors of undefined references to the Tcl functions Tcl_PkgRequire and Tcl_CreateObjCommand. Environment is Cygwin on WinXP. gcc -shared -o mytclext.dll -ltcl mytclext.c Given the example below, Can anyone help me compile. Your help will be much appreciated. Chad /* File mytclext.c */ #include <tcl.h> #include <stdio.h> static int fooCmd ( ClientData clientData, Tcl_Interp *interp, int objc, char * CONST objv[] ) { printf("called with %d arguments\n", objc); return TCL_OK; } int Foo_Init ( Tcl_Interp *interp ) { if (Tcl_InitStubs(interp, "8.1", 0) == NULL) { return TCL_ERROR; } printf("creating foo command"); Tcl_CreateObjCommand(interp, "foo", fooCmd, NULL, NULL); return TCL_OK; } My error, placement of -ltcl was wrong. Instead, gcc -c mytclext.c gcc -shared -o foo.dll mytclext.o -ltcl For others that may pick this up in the future, Argument 4 prototype of fooCmd should be "struct Tcl_Obj * CONST * objv" and not "char * CONST objv[]". Chad ccdrbrg@yahoo.com wrote: > I am making my first attemp to build a Tcl loadable package. > > I un...

Cross compiling Tcl extension
Hi, I've written a Tcl extension, and have been using it successfully on Linux. I'm now trying to find on overview on how to cross compile a Tcl extension on a Linux machine targetting windows. I've searched for quite a while, including on the Tcl Wiki, but haven't yet found anything. Is there a good resource that I've missed? Or can someone provide a brief overview? Or is this fundamentaly a bad idea, and it's best that I forget about the cross compile, and just compile it under windows. Thanks, Paul. I have succesfully used MingW to compile both .dlls and executables for windows on redhat linux. It was not me who set up the system however so I do not now if it was a standard install of if changed where needed. the tar gz files war dated in 2006 but this all works up to at least windows 7 I have not tried 8 yet. Martyn You did not mention which distro you use. If it is an RPM-based system, you can install tons of things from openSUSE's OBS. I obtain my cross-compilers as well as many libraries from that source. They really do have lots of WIN32 and WIN64 things available. -- Roger Oberholtzer On 08/11/11 16:19, msedit@gmail.com wrote: > I have succesfully used MingW to compile both .dlls and executables for windows on redhat linux. > > It was not me who set up the system however so I do not now if it was a standard install of if changed where needed. > And you can build the entire toolchain yourself, see: http://www.mi...

[wxMac 2.8.4, wxMSW ?] "Strange" Mac g++ compiler errors trying to compile Windows compilable wx code
Hi, folks! I'm trying to compile some wx C++ code written by a colleague; I'm working late so can't consult him, but seeing as how he's primarily a Windows developer and the code in question compiles thereon, I'm not sure how much he'd be able to help me figure out why I'm having the problems I'm having trying to do it on a Mac w/ g++. The first "symptom" was the compiler complaining about an overloaded method ambiguity: "error: call of overloaded 'wxString(const char [33])' is ambiguous" Here's the problem lin...

[tao-users] Installation: Cross-compile problem building TAO on Solaris for VxWorks 5.5.1 (using cross-compiler ccmips)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C976AF.0B363D8C Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: ACE+TAO-5.6 (ACE 5.6, TAO 1.6) =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: SunOS 5.9(Solaris) =20 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: CPU=3DMIPS64, OS=3DVxWorks 5.5.1 =20 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): HOST=3Dg++, TARGET=3Dccmips (cross-compiler) =20 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: HOST: "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" TARGET: "ace/config-vxworks5.x.h" =20 THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE: HOST:include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_g++.GNU static_libs_only=3D1 =20 TARGET: (please see content copied at the end of this e-mail) =20 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features: NA =20 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: TARGET compile failed =20 DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? Yes LINKING? No On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? Yes EXECUTION? No =20 SYNOPSIS: HOST build on Solaris using g++ successful with tao_idl, libACE.a, gperf. TARGET compile passed for several files(Local_Name_space.cpp, Name_Proxy, Name_RequestReply, Name_...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.5 rpms with thread 2.5.2 extension
They can be found at: http://jfontain.free.fr/tcl-8.4.5-1.i386.rpm http://jfontain.free.fr/tk-8.4.5-1.i386.rpm http://jfontain.free.fr/tk-8.4.5-1.spec They were generated on an up-to-date Redhat 9 i386 system. They install under /opt/tcltk and therefore does not conflict and peacefully coexists with the stock Redhat Tcl and Tk rpms. To rebuild them, download the Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 and Thread 2.5.2 sources from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tcl/ into the /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory, place the specification file in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, then from that directory, type:...

Q: Problem to compile Tcl 8.4.3 Solrais 8 with 64 bit support
Hello, I have a problem to compile Tcl 8.4.3 . I have installed gcc and cc but I have read that gcc don't support 64bit. My problem is that I cannot run the "configure" script successfully for 64bit support. Because the script found the gcc I try to set the CC variable, but the "configure" script doesn't use the variable. Have someone an idea how can I solve the problem. Best regards Falk Falk von R�tel wrote: > I have a problem to compile Tcl 8.4.3 . > I have installed gcc and cc but I have read that gcc don't support 64bit. > My problem is ...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

Web resources about - Official Windows compiler for Tcl 8.5 (or what compiler to use for extensions)? - comp.lang.tcl

Google Chrome extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to build the extensions which requires different code and skills for each extension. Extensions can be created through use of web technologies ...

NFL: Joe Flacco signs three-year extension with Baltimore Ravens
BALTIMORE Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco signed a three-year contract extension that will reportedly help ease the team’s NFL salary cap woes ...

Ravens, Joe Flacco agree to three-year contract extension
Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco rarely admits to introspection. But as he spent the past few days pondering another giant contract offer from the ...

First Microsoft Edge extension appears in Windows Store
The feature that has been missing from Microsoft Edge for so long is just around the corner. We've known for a little while that extensions are ...

Humiliate Trump with brilliant ‘make Donald Drumpf again’ Chrome extension
In case you missed the spectacular Donald Trump roast during a 20-minute segment of John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight , you should watch it . Oliver ...

400 new Blue Origin jobs in Washington linked to tax credit extensions
Blue Origin could add 400 people to its Puget Sound operations this year as it moves toward initial production of its new rocket engine. But ...

Tom Brady – Patriots Contract Extension Details « CBS Boston
Tom Brady saves nearly $2 million from a potential DeflateGate suspension in his new extension with the Patriots. Here are the details.

Donald Drumpf browser extension installed more than 333K times
More than 333,800 people&amp;nbsp;have installed&amp;nbsp;the Drumpfinator extension&amp;nbsp;to change Donald Trump 's name to Donald Drumpf ...

Taylor Knights adds modern extension to a house in Melbourne
... architecture office Taylor Knights has renovated an existing Federation-style house in the city and added a contrasting contemporary extension ...

Rams Considering Jeff Fisher Extension Is A Classic Move
The LA Rams are truly back with contract talks with a coach steeped in mediocrity.