Problem with "Expect" ? "Telnet"? "TclApp"?

Hi,
My script  try to "Telnet" a machine  with "Expect", and it is wrapped
to EXE extension with "TclApp". DEP is turned off, and file
dgbhelp.dll exists. And now, I run the script. It works well in some
PC. However in others,  it turns out that the commands in "Telnet" is
not executed. I capture the packets, and find that the "username" is
not promoted when the server ask for it. Then I try the tcl extension
script, it is OK in every PC.
I have no idea what's going on.It is the problem of "Expect",
"Telnet", or "TclApp", or the OS of my PCs?

zhoujingyu
Regards,

The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone
give me some advice? Thank you very much!

Regards,
zhoujingyu

0
1985zhoujingyu
4/24/2008 12:51:46 AM
At 2008-04-23 08:51PM, "1985zhoujingyu@163.com" wrote:
>  The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone
>  give me some advice? Thank you very much!

Show us your Expect script.

--
Glenn Jackman
  "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist,
a> wrote:

> Show us your Expect script.
>
> --
> Glenn Jackman
>   "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist,
>    it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing
>    standard of nonconformity." -- Bill Vaughan

My script as follow:

#code start
package require Expect
set dslam_ip "192.168.1.1"
set dslam_username "admin"
set dslam_password "1234"

spawn telnet $dslam_ip
expect "Username" {
    exp_send "$dslam_username\r\n"
}
expect "Password" {
    exp_send "$dslam_password"
}
exp_log_file dslam_info.txt
expect "ras>" {
    exp_send "statistics adsl show\r\n"
}
expect "" {
}
exp_log_file
exp_close
#code end

Regards,
zhoujingyu
0
1985zhoujingyu
4/25/2008 1:07:38 AM
At 2008-04-24 09:07PM, "1985zhoujingyu@163.com" wrote:
>  On 4??24??, ????9??24??, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Show us your Expect script.
> >
> > --
> > Glenn Jackman
> >   "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist,
> >    it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing
> >    standard of nonconformity." -- Bill Vaughan
>
>  My script as follow:
>
>  #code start
>  package require Expect
>  set dslam_ip "192.168.1.1"
>  set dslam_username "admin"
>  set dslam_password "1234"
>
>  spawn telnet $dslam_ip
>  expect "Username" {
>      exp_send "$dslam_username\r\n"

       exp_send "$dslam_username\r"

>  }
>  expect "Password" {
>      exp_send "$dslam_password"

       exp_send "$dslam_password\r"

>  }
>  exp_log_file dslam_info.txt
>  expect "ras>" {
>      exp_send "statistics adsl show\r\n"

       exp_send "statistics adsl show\r"

>  }
>  expect "" {

Here, you should expect the prompt.  is it "ras>" ?
>  }
>  exp_log_file
>  exp_close

Instead of close, you should:

    exp_send "exit\r"
    expect eof

--
Glenn Jackman
  "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist,
   it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing
   standard of nonconformity." -- Bill Vaughan
0
glennj (645)
4/25/2008 1:29:27 AM
On 4=D4=C225=C8=D5, =C9=CF=CE=E79=CA=B129=B7=D6, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.c=
a> wrote:
> At 2008-04-24 09:07PM, "1985zhoujin...@163.com" wrote:
>

> >  }
> >  expect "" {
>
> Here, you should expect the prompt.  is it "ras>" ?
>
> >  }
> >  exp_log_file
> >  exp_close
>
> Instead of close, you should:
>
>     exp_send "exit\r"
>     expect eof
>
> --
> Glenn Jackman
>   "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist,
>    it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing
>    standard of nonconformity." -- Bill Vaughan- =D2=FE=B2=D8=B1=BB=D2=FD=
=D3=C3=CE=C4=D7=D6 -

> - =CF=D4=CA=BE=D2=FD=D3=C3=B5=C4=CE=C4=D7=D6 -

Hi,
I have tried you advice, and still it doesn't work. In my opinion,
that's not the point. I captured the interactive packets on the PC
while the script was performed. I found that the "username" was not
given at the time the server asked for it, when the script was wrapped
to EXE extension with TclApp. But it works well with tcl extension as
I described above.

Regards
zhoujingyu
0
1985zhoujingyu

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

about "++" and "--"

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

The problem with "TclApp" and "Telnet"
Hi, I have a question about "TclApp" and "Telnet". My program is about the remote access to a ADSL DSLAM with "Telnet". I handle that with "Expect". And when the code is Tcl extension, it works well. Then, I compile it to EXE with TclApp. It turns out a problem. The EXE program is ok in some PC. Howerver in others, it raises a problem that the user name is not provided when the DSLAM ask for it. Thus, I fail to have access to the DSLAM. I have no idea why. Is there anybody who has a similar problem? And can someone give me some advice. Thank you! Regards, zhoujingyu On Apr 15, 5:53=A0pm, 1985zhoujin...@163.com wrote: > Hi, > I have a question about "TclApp" and "Telnet". My program is about the > remote access to a ADSL DSLAM with "Telnet". I handle that with > "Expect". And when the code is Tcl extension, it works well. Then, I > compile it to EXE with TclApp. It turns out a problem. The EXE program > is ok in some PC. Howerver =A0in others, it raises a problem that the > user name is not provided when the DSLAM ask for it. Thus, I fail to > have access to the DSLAM. > I have no idea why. Is there anybody who has a similar problem? And > can someone give me some advice. Thank you! This has nothing to do with TclApp - it is Expect, and the limitations that it as (or rather minimum requirements) to work being a specific dbghelp.dll and no DEP enabled on the machine...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Gary Sokolich """"""

what does the "+" and the "-" mean?
I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of course, a friend has just asked me and I now forget. I've searched all over the place with no results. Anyone know? TIA! .. -------------------------------------- Mike Richter, were you born with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face? -------------------------------------- roscoe james wrote: > > I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of > course, a friend h...

"A" is not equal "A"?
I was trying to convert String Array to String A through cycle and than compare the result with String B but eventhough results were the same it returned false. I'am working in BlueJ 3.1.0 Code is: public boolean Method () { String[] Example = {"a","b","c"}; String A = ""; String B = "abc" for (int i = 0; i<3 ; i++) { A = A + Example[i]; } if (A == B) { return true; } } never got true... I appreciate any suggestions how to solve this Den 08.04.2014 10:06, skrev 245dav@gmail.com:...

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

Re: "out" and "in out"
"no reliable initial value" means, you cannot rely on the value, but it may have a value. This depends on the parameter passing mechanism, which is _not_ related to the parameter mode (contrary to what many people think). So the parameter mode is there (nearly) solely for the information of the reader. The parameter passing mechanism for all kinds of parameters is defined in the RM. There are parameters passed by copy (in and out), by reference; for some it is explicitly left undefined. In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++...

Strange problem with "for" and "while"
When I try to compute this: For[k = 1, k < 10, k++, i := 0; While [k > 1, i++; k--]; Print[i, k]] Mathematica outputs a neverending sequence of "1,1" (and it is impossible to abort the computation!) When instead I try to manually do the "for" and compute k := ...; i = 0; While [k > 1, i++; k--]; Print[i, k] giving to k all the values 1,2,...,9 the computation are all correct (the outputs are "01", "11", "21", ..., "81". I cannot understand what is the problem. Hello You will ne...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding"&qu...

"plot", "imshow" and "quiver"
Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, the YDir parameter under Axis Properties is set to "reverse" by default. To me this seems counter intuitive. Why wouldn't YDir be "normal" by default? When set at "normal" it turns out that my image is actually flipped upside down. On the contrary, when use "quiver" command to plot a vector field, the YDir is set at "normal" by default. Even though this makes more sense to me, because "reversed" YDir is the correct way to display an image (as in "imshow"), the result of "quiver" is that the vector fields this time depict the objects as if they are upside down... So every time I use "quiver" I always add the following line to revert the objects back to its normal orientation... set(gca, 'YDir', 'reverse')... In addition, "plot" uses "normal" setting for YDir. The only issue I have is that I use these commands fairly frequently in my job and sometimes they can get a little bit confusing in terms of display. So I wonder why MATLAB hasn't standardized them so that the objects always get displayed the same way. It's just a comment I have. Thank you. "Clare " <flyingclare@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hefvdk$3md$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, > the ...

["a", "b", "c", "d"] to "a, b, c, d"?
I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

what is the difference between "tsu", "su" and "sudo"?
Hi all I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting root access. The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and "sudo"? I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there seems to be very little documentation. What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) Thanks in advance, JJ <santa@temporaryinbox.com> writes: >Hi all >I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting >root access. >The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and >"sudo"? Never heard of tsu. Not on my system. >I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there >seems to be very little documentation. So for something like securly logging in why in the world would you use something for which you can find no docs? You look up the barrel of guns to see if they are loaded while you pull the trigger as well? >What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? For something like su, I would say there is no benefit. >And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a >website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) ???? W...

"Log out", "Shut down", and "Restart" inoperative?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3174031899_112514 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit (BTW, thanks to all for suggestions re. Network performance � it turned out there was some packet loss) Selecting log out, shut down, or restart from apple menu has no effect on G5 w/10.3.4 (with latest patches). Sleep does work, however. No �spinning ball� cursor or error message � just doesn�t work. This worked at first, t...

Why "Let*" and not "Let" after "do" in a loop??? Grrr.
Here is a bit of code... (defun example () (let ((listlen (1- (length *text-array*)))) (loop for i from listlen downto 0 for j = (nth i *text-array*) ;position of first alpha character. do (let* .....insert bindings plus body of let* code here etc... So... Why does that last "let*" work while a "let" in the same place does not and throws an error about how the variables in the bindings following the let have no value? The following is the bit of code I was working on that brought up the issue... it is part of code that I am post...

if("0X0"=="000"){echo "boo";}
Hi ;) Everything is in the title. the prob is "boo" is displayed ! Can you believe it ? Thanx for anyone who can help me. fabrice. Fabrice R=E9gnier wrote: > Hi ;) > > Everything is in the title. the prob is "boo" is displayed ! Can you > believe it ? Thanx for anyone who can help me. > > fabrice. That's because they are equal! PHP interprets the string "0X0" as zero in Hexidecimal and that is equal to 0. What are you trying to accomplish? Ken Fabrice R?gnier <regnier.fab@free.fr> wrote: > Everything is in the title. the pr...

Web resources about - Problem with "Expect" ? "Telnet"? "TclApp"? - comp.lang.tcl