Problems with BLT 2.4 and TCL 8.4.19

I have a win32 xp sp3, and recently cleaned my machine and re-
installed Tcl and Blt.  I tried the following piece of sample code
from wiki.tcl.tk:

package require Tk
 package require BLT
 namespace import blt::*

 # vector and stripchart are blt components.
 # if you have a vector v, you can update it in realtime with
 # v set $list

 # init the vectors to a fixed size.

 set Hz 200

 vector xvec($Hz) y1vec($Hz) y2vec($Hz)

 # fill xvec with 0 .. $Hz-1

 xvec seq 0 [expr {$Hz - 1}]

 stripchart .s1 -height 2i -width 8i -bufferelements no
 stripchart .s2 -height 2i -width 8i -bufferelements no

 pack .s1 .s2

 .s1 element create line1 -xdata xvec -ydata y1vec -symbol none
 .s2 element create line2 -xdata xvec -ydata y2vec -symbol none -color
red

 # update $Hz values with random data once per second

 proc proc1sec {} {

        # this can be done more concisely with vector random,
        # but if you need to fill a vector from scalar calculations,
        # do it this way:

        for {set i 0} {$i < $::Hz} {incr i} {
                lappend y1list [expr {rand()}]
                lappend y2list [expr {rand()}]
        }
        y1vec set $y1list
        y2vec set $y2list

        after 1000 proc1sec
 }

 proc1sec

But, fails after package require BLT, with "can't find package BLT".
I simply ran the executable.  Is there anything more necessary to run
BLT.  Thank you for your help :)

On May 12, 6:34=A0pm, Jesse Schwartz <jesseaschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a win32 xp sp3, and recently cleaned my machine and re-
> installed Tcl and Blt. =A0I tried the following piece of sample code
> from wiki.tcl.tk:
>
> package require Tk
> =A0package require BLT
> =A0namespace import blt::*
>
> =A0# vector and stripchart are blt components.
> =A0# if you have a vector v, you can update it in realtime with
> =A0# v set $list
>
> =A0# init the vectors to a fixed size.
>
> =A0set Hz 200
>
> =A0vector xvec($Hz) y1vec($Hz) y2vec($Hz)
>
> =A0# fill xvec with 0 .. $Hz-1
>
> =A0xvec seq 0 [expr {$Hz - 1}]
>
> =A0stripchart .s1 -height 2i -width 8i -bufferelements no
> =A0stripchart .s2 -height 2i -width 8i -bufferelements no
>
> =A0pack .s1 .s2
>
> =A0.s1 element create line1 -xdata xvec -ydata y1vec -symbol none
> =A0.s2 element create line2 -xdata xvec -ydata y2vec -symbol none -color
> red
>
> =A0# update $Hz values with random data once per second
>
> =A0proc proc1sec {} {
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 # this can be done more concisely with vector random,
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 # but if you need to fill a vector from scalar calculatio=
ns,
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 # do it this way:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 for {set i 0} {$i < $::Hz} {incr i} {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 lappend y1list [expr {rand()}]
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 lappend y2list [expr {rand()}]
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 }
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 y1vec set $y1list
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 y2vec set $y2list
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 after 1000 proc1sec
> =A0}
>
> =A0proc1sec
>
> But, fails after package require BLT, with "can't find package BLT".
> I simply ran the executable. =A0Is there anything more necessary to run
> BLT. =A0Thank you for your help :)

Did you check what the auto_path variable is? is the BLT installation
available in that auto_path
0
amit.zaroo (23)
5/13/2009 5:00:27 AM
On May 12, 9:34=A0am, Jesse Schwartz <jesseaschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But, fails after package require BLT, with "can't find package BLT".
> I simply ran the executable. =A0Is there anything more necessary to run
> BLT. =A0Thank you for your help :)

Where did you get your BLT? I wasn't aware that it worked with Tcl
8.4.19 .
0
lvirden (1938)
5/13/2009 1:21:25 PM
On May 13, 9:21=A0am, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 12, 9:34=A0am, Jesse Schwartz <jesseaschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But, fails after package require BLT, with "can't find package BLT".
> > I simply ran the executable. =A0Is there anything more necessary to run
> > BLT. =A0Thank you for your help :)
>
> Where did you get your BLT? I wasn't aware that it worked with Tcl
> 8.4.19 .

Hey, yea I actually caught that shorty after I put up the post.  So, I
installed Active State TCL 8.4.4.0 and BlT 2.4z for TCL 8.4.  And
well, the same result.
On May 13, 10:33=A0am, Jesse Schwartz <jesseaschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 13, 9:21=A0am, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 12, 9:34=A0am, Jesse Schwartz <jesseaschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > But, fails after package require BLT, with "can't find package BLT".
> > > I simply ran the executable. =A0Is there anything more necessary to r=
un
> > > BLT. =A0Thank you for your help :)
>

> Hey, yea I actually caught that shorty after I put up the post. =A0So, I
> installed Active State TCL 8.4.4.0 and BlT 2.4z for TCL 8.4. =A0And
> well, the same result.

Where did you put the BLT files?

In the last environment in which I was able to use BLT, I had things
installed this way:

Tcl installed into /usr/tcl84
libBLT.a installed into /usr/tcl84/lib/
BLT files, tcl scripts, pkgIndex.tcl, etc. installed into /usr/tcl84/
lib/blt2.4/

With BLT installed in this way, Tcl/Tk was able to find the package.

0
lvirden (1938)

problem using blt 2.4 with tcl 8.4.19 on Windows
Hello, when using hiertable widget with blt 2.4 and wish8419 on Windows, I get the following error: bad cursor spec "@c:/perforce/CTAT/Windows/Environment/Tcl8419/lib/ blt2.4/treeview.cur" (database entry for "resizeCursor" in widget ".wxx.h") invoked from within "hiertable $wname.h -width 0 -yscrollcommand "$wname.vs set" - xscrollcommand "$wname.hs set" -selectmode multiple -hideroot yes " I'm able to use hierbox widget properly. It only happens with hiertable. Any ideas how to fix the problem above? Thank you very much for you inputs! ...

difference between tcl 8.4.2 & 8.4.4
% exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or directory" Running on Win 98. Win XP is ok. Peter Campbell wrote: > % exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config > > This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 > What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. > > "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or directory" > > Running on Win 98...

BLT binaries for TCL 8.4 on Solaris 2.8
Does anyone know where I can get these? and in a hurry? It would be much appreciated! Thanks, David ...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 rpms with thread 2.5.2 extension
You may find the specification file, that you can use to build the rpm binaries on your Redhat (Suse may also work) system at: http://jfontain.free.fr/tcltk-8.4.4-1.spec To build, download the Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 and Thread 2.5.2 sources from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tcl/ into your /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory, place the specification file in your /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, then from that directory, type: # rpmbuild -bb --clean tcltk-8.4.4-1.spec Note: you may change the installation directory and turn on the thread extension at the beginning of the specification file. J...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

Tcl 8.4.x & tcl-dp 4.0.x
Has anyone built tcl-dp 4.0.x on windows against Tcl 8.4.x ? Is it possible to get the windows dll and the source code with modifications? ...

expect-5.44.1, tcl-8.4.15, gcc-4.2.2
expect-5.44.1 build fails with the following error configure: configuring in testsuite configure: running /bin/sh '/path/to/src/expect-5.44.1/expect-5.44.1/testsuite/configure' --prefix=/path/to/expect-5.44.1 '--with-tcl=/path/to/tcl-8.4.15/lib' '--with-tclinclude=/path/to/src/tcl-8.4.15/tcl8.4.15/generic' '--with-tk=/path/to/tk-8.4.15/lib' '--with-tkinclude=/path/to/tk-8.4.15/include' '--prefix=/path/to/expect-5.44.1' 'CC=gcc -m32' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/path/to/include ' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath,/path/to/lib -Wl,-rpath,/path/to/lib64 -Wl,-rpath,/path/to/libiconv-1.12/lib -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -L/path/to/lib -L/path/to/lib64 ' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=/path/to/src/expect-5.44.1/expect-5.44.1/testsuite configure: warning: CC=gcc -m32: invalid host type configure: warning: CPPFLAGS=-I/path/to/include : invalid host type configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time configure: error: /bin/sh '/path/to/src/expect-5.44.1/expect-5.44.1/testsuite/configure' failed for testsuite The usage for testsuite/configure indicates that the syntax above is wrong: Usage: configure [options] [host] That is, the VAR=VALUE syntax is accepted in the toplevel configure, but not in testsuite/configure. I just ran the top-level configure to build expect, which then invoked testsuite/configure as part ...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

TRSDOS II, version 4.2.0, 4.2.2, 4.2.4, 4.2.6 (or 4.3.x or 4.4)
Hi, Group I require a copy of the above DOS, but I need it _on disk_ as I do not have an emulator for the Model II that must be tested. Is there any possible sources of the OS on disk, or can you advise if the original 8" drive can be hooked to another device so that I can transfer an electronic copy to the disk to boot the machine? What other options do I have? Thanks L replying to my own post :-) I found an article here (http://www.tim-mann.org/trs80resources.html) where Tim describes a trick to rescue a disk's contents. This should be a workable solution...

BLT for TCL 8.4.19 on windows 7
Hi guys i got problem on BLT package on win7 systems. i use virtual machine installed BLT2.4Z to tcl. but when i run it, the error message comes with cant load library "BLT24.dll"?: invalid argument. anyone has idea how to fix it? thanks a lot really appreciate! ...

Strange Problem with ActiveState Tcl 8.4 in MAC OS X 10.4
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select a source file when running wish in the GUI. Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. I am trying to load bcd396t.tcl source file but that is grayed out. I have tried changing the first few lines of the file that had some bash scripting in them. And translated the text from mac to unix and even tried windows code with the same results. It seems to occur after I edit a .tcl file and save it. The other normal tcl files that I can select have not been edited. If I run the bcd396t.tcl file from /usr/local/bin/wish bcd396t.tcl it works fine and there are no errors. I don't have any problems in Win32 XP/Vista or Linux Fedora/Ubuntu either. I just can't figure out what is graying out the file on Mac OS X. Does anyone have any ideas? -- Best Regards, Keith kilowattradio at gmail.com Keith wrote: > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg > > In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's > 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select > a source file when running wish in the GUI. > > Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. > > I am trying to load bcd396...

Berkeley-db 4.1.25 and Tcl 8.4.4.0
Can anyone tell me what modifications need to be made in order to compile with Tcl APIs support for release 4.1.25 for win_32? From the docs it seems that the current release was written for Tcl 8.3d. I tried to modify the db_tcl project and compile the db_test project in debug mode. It compiled without errors, but when I ran the test suite every test failed. I am using a Visual Studio .NET beta 2. (P.S. the java example seemed to work so it seems as if I'm missing something in regards to linking the correct files for Tcl support. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Mike Bass bass_michael@hotmail.com (Michael Bass) wrote in message news:<f2f8621e.0308161308.31c344de@posting.google.com>... > Can anyone tell me what modifications need to be made in order to > compile with Tcl APIs support for release 4.1.25 for win_32? > > From the docs it seems that the current release was written for Tcl > 8.3d. I tried to modify the db_tcl project and compile the db_test > project in debug mode. It compiled without errors, but when I ran the > test suite every test failed. I am using a Visual Studio .NET beta 2. > (P.S. the java example seemed to work so it seems as if I'm missing > something in regards to linking the correct files for Tcl support. > > Mike Bass Hi Mike, Do you mean, what modifications have to be made to support Tcl 8.4.4.0 on Berkeley DB 4.1.25? You'd actually have to c...

oracle 10, oratcl 4.2, tcl 8.4 question on japanese kanji issue
I've a developer who has an oracle table with japanese characters in the table. Their applications worked fine with Oracle 9 (or maybe it was 8), and oratcl 4.2. However, last weekend, the database was upgraded to oracle 10, and now they cannot get logged into oracle to run their application. They have narrowed the problem down to this - if they set export NLS_LANG=japanese_japan.utf8 before invoking a ksh script that sets things up and then starts tcl, the login fails. If they exclude this line, they get into oracle, but are not able to get their data properly handled. The developer ...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 rpm specification with thread 2.5.2 extension
http://jfontain.free.fr/tcltk-8.4.8-1.spec Generated and tested on an up-to-date Red Hat Fedora Core 3 i386 system. The rpms can install under /opt/tcltk (see notes below) in order not to conflict and peacefully coexist with the stock Redhat Tcl and Tk rpms. To build the rpms, download the Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 and Thread 2.5.2 sources from http://download.sourceforge.net/tcl/ into the /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory, place the specification file in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, then from that directory, type: # rpmbuild -bb --clean tcltk-8.4.8-1.spec Notes: - You may change the insta...

MIME encoding change in Python 2.4.3 (or 2.4.2? 2.4.1?)
I have an application that processes MIME messages. It reads a message from a file, looks for a text/html and text/plain parts in it, performs some processing on these parts, and outputs the new message. Ever since I recently upgraded my Python to 2.4.3, the output messages started to come out garbled, as a block of junk characters. I traced the problem back to a few lines that were removed from the email package: The new Python no longer encodes the payload when converting the MIME message to a string. Since my program must work on several computers, each having a different version of Pyth...

tcl 8.4.4 change in behavior with WriteChars over 8.3.x
Can I get some input on the following problem: Tcl_WriteChars() no longer returns the correct number of bytes written to an output stream on Unix (I am running on a Sun Ultra30 with Solaris9, but it looks like the issue is generic to Unix. My brief Inspection of the tcl code shows that the actual return value is never checked for this routine, however, except for being non-negative. However, I am using tcl as an embedded shell in a C++ program which directs its output stream through a Tcl_Channel and uses Tcl_WriteChars as a replacement for the unix write() call, which returns the numbe...

Bug789040 came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5.
Dear All, Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Chengye Mao http://www.geocities.com/~chengye Chengye Mao wrote: > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Have you i...

TCL is not thread safer in TCL 8.3 or 8.4... Any plans to fix this?
It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced in 8.3 and 8.4 are problem as well. :( I have a process that spawn a configurable number of thread with a TCL intrepeter in each one. The interps are isolated and do not communicate or share anything withe each other. Each thread is a rule processor that is handed TCL scripts based on what events occurs within a multi process enviroment rnaing across the whole itnerprize... Works great with TCL 8.2, not a single problem... But with TCL 8.3 and TCL 8.4 we get quite a f...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

TCL 8.4.4 IPv6 ready
Hi all: At http://www.ngn.euro6ix.org/IPv6/tcl you can find a patch and detailed instructions to setup a TCL IPv6 enabled. For the time beeing only UNIX platforms are supported. They have been tested on: i386-unknown-linux (RedHat >= 7.1 , SuSE >= 8.0 ...) i386-freebsd-5.1 i386-sun-solaris5.8 Comming soon: win platforms. Of interest for official mantainers at tcl.sourceforge.net . They may consider to incorporate it into a new official release. [[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@mitchell.org Announcements archived at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcl_announce/ Send ...

Will Ruby 1.8.2 include tcl/tk 8.4.x instead of 8.3?
Will Ruby 1.8.2 release come with tcl/tk 8.4.7 libraries? Thanks. Hi, From: "H. Simpson" <nospam@asdlkfjhasldkjfsadlfhskadjfahsldfks.com> Subject: Will Ruby 1.8.2 include tcl/tk 8.4.x instead of 8.3? Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:01:40 +0900 Message-ID: <HwmPc.1858$Z56.480@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com> > Will Ruby 1.8.2 release come with tcl/tk 8.4.7 libraries? Is that a binary package of Ruby 1.8.2 ? If you say about source files, Ruby/Tk can work with Tcl/Tk8.4.7. I already tested that Ruby/Tk works with Tcl/Tk8.4.7 and 8.5a1 (and ActiveTcl-8.4.6.1 binary package). U...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 rpm specification with thread 2.5.2 extension #2

ActiveState Tcl 8.4.4.0 and Tile 0.7.8 under Vista crashes
I am using Tcl/Tk 8.4.4.0 (because I want to also use BLT 2.4 and my understanding is that BLT will not run under 8.5), along with Tile 0.7.8 Tile loads OK under the 'package requires' command, but the first time I run a tile command (for example, creating a button), Vista crashes. ttk::button .b1 -text "Test" Is there a solution to this? I have searched comp.lang.tcl, but see no reference to this problem. Thanks On 4/8/11 10:09 PM, thoselaings wrote: > I am using Tcl/Tk 8.4.4.0 (because I want to also use BLT 2.4 and my > understanding is that BLT will not run under 8.5), along with Tile > 0.7.8 > > Tile loads OK under the 'package requires' command, but the first time > I run a tile command (for example, creating a button), Vista crashes. > ttk::button .b1 -text "Test" > > Is there a solution to this? I have searched comp.lang.tcl, but see no > reference to this problem. Most of the commonly used (particularly on Windows) used pieces of BLT have been reimplemented outside of BLT -- you may want to re-evaluate your use of BLT so you can move on to 8.5 or later. BLT is not in the cards going forward. Exactly what pieces of BLT are you using? -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net ...

Spinbox - TCL/Tk 8.4
spinbox was not supported in ruby 1.8.2 'cause it uses tcl/tk 8.3 which does not have spinbox. I got Tk spinboxes to work via a kludge. I stole a copy of tcl 8.4 and tk 8.4 from Python 2.4 and laid them onto Ruby 1.8.2. add the tcl8.4 folder and tk8.4 folders from python into the ruby lib folder (you can leave the original tcl 8.3 and tk 8.3 alone) put a copy of the tcl84.dll and tk84.dll from python into the ruby bin folder. rename your old copies of tcl83.dll and tk83.dll just in case rename the new tcl84.dll and tk84.dll to 83 and now tk 8.4 works with ruby ...

Web resources about - Problems with BLT 2.4 and TCL 8.4.19 - comp.lang.tcl

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Obama Wants SXSW to Help Solve America's Problems, Including Apple Standoff
President Obama asked a tech-savvy audience attending the first day of the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin to help tackle the ...

Florida’s problem with sea level rise catches up with Rubio at debate
... debate near Miami, Florida. (credit: Joe Raedle / Getty Images) Earlier this year, a group of Florida mayors that are dealing with problems ...

How to fix Microsoft Edge's worst problems
... soon (and to the rest of us when the Redstone update for Windows 10 rolls out in June/July). If you’re using the new browser and having problems, ...

NASTY: Bill Clinton's Disgusting Flatulence Problems Date Back to White House Years
It's not just Granny Catlady who stinks. It's also her husband : Clinton became so flatulent at one point during his presidency that his close ...

Weekend Reading: Andrew Gelman: The problems with p-values are not just with p-values
**Andrew Gelman**: [The problems with p-values are not just with p-values](http://andrewgelman.com/2016/03/07/29212/): >The American Statistical ...