read excel file from tcl in li

Hi everyone

i wonder if anybody know if there is anyway to read excel file from
tcl in linux?

as tcom work only in windows

Thanks in advance.

On Jan 22, 2:03=A0pm, "m.gad" <mohamedsami...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> i wonder if anybody know if there is anyway to read excel file from
> tcl in linux?
>
> as tcom work only in windows
>
> Thanks in advance.

There is a small command-line tool "xls2csv" (in the catdoc package
IIRC) which will convert what can be to CSV. Of course you'll lose
Excel-specific metainformation.
(Beware, there is also a Perl script by the same name, but in my
experience the C one is just fine with fewer dependencies ;-)

-Alex
m.gad wrote:
> i wonder if anybody know if there is anyway to read excel file from
> tcl in linux?
>
> as tcom work only in windows

Newer Excel versions can write in an XML format. This should be fairly
easy to read from Tcl. Just make sure you have the proper file format.

(I haven't really been doing much parsing, but we write lots of Excel
reports from Tcl by just writing some XML. Works great as you can have
all Excel features: just create what you want in Excel, save it as XML,
then open it with an editor to see how Excel actually writes it)

hth
Ronnie

Sourcing a TCL file from within a tcl file
I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source another tcl file when I type the variable name something like this if I enter A through my keyboard then source a.tcl Can someone show me how to do this thanks guy On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > something like this > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > Can someone show me how to do this > > thanks > guy What you are asking is not hard. Will your program have a graphical user interface? Aric On Dec 10, 3:26=A0pm, Aric Bills <aric.bi...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > > something like this > > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > > Can someone show me how to do this > > > thanks > > guy > > What you are asking is not hard. =A0Will your program have a graphical > user interface? > > Aric no I am just using this script...

How to read an Excel file using TCL Scripts
Hi all, I have an excel file test.xls.It is created manually and few values are added manually. I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable using TCL Scripts. I went thro lot of examples but nothing related to above requirement I found. Please give suggestions or links where this code is given. Thanks in Advance, RAGHU On 25 =D0=BD=D0=BE=D1=8F, 12:55, RAGHU <ragh...@gmail.com> wrote: > I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable > using TCL Scripts. Open http://wiki.tcl.tk/tcom and search for "Extract some cells from an Excel file". On 25 Nov., 10:55, RAGHU <ragh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have an excel file test.xls.It is created manually and few values > are added manually. > > I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable > using TCL Scripts. > > I went thro lot of examples but nothing related to above requirement I > found. > > Please give suggestions or links where this code is given. > > Thanks in Advance, > RAGHU This question was here 1 or two months ago. Check the mailing list or search in the wiki. hi Raghu, Save the excel file into csv format... thsi will then give you a comma separated values... since it is separated by comma you can use the tcl comman to "split". split "\n" string to split per row.. split "," string to split per co...

how to read file in tcl
in the condition that giving some coordinate of polygon in a directory and i have to read these file without using the command create poly how to call these file from the directory? In article <36940419.0308110031.66a5cd1@posting.google.com>, K Zewi <prowarcraftplayer@yahoo.com> wrote: >in the condition that >giving some coordinate of polygon >in a directory and i have to >read these file without using >the command create poly >how to call these file >from the directory? Did you ever get the help you sought? My guess is that readers found your question...

read file in tcl
how to read or call a file in tcl ? davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) wrote in message news:<873cg837s7.fsf@dedasys.com>... > prowarcraftplayer@yahoo.com (K Zewi) writes: > > > how to read or call a file in tcl ? > > 'call' a file? > > Reading a file can be done with the 'read' command: > > set fl [open "somefile"] > set data [read $fl] > > is a simple way to do it. You want to look at the documents for those > commands, and maybe 'fconfigure' if you want to read a binary file. i still can't read ...

How to read in all excel files from a excel file folder
Hello! I#ve one question. I want to read in all excel files from a file folder into matlab. How can i create a m.file witch reads in all my excel files????? thx i first get all files into a variable: FileNames=dir('*.xls'); then crate a loop to open each excelfile: for i=1:size(FileNames,1) A=xlsread(Filenames(i,1).name; end good luck Iris E.. wrote: > > > Hello! > > I#ve one question. I want to read in all excel files from a file > folder into matlab. > How can i create a m.file witch reads in all my excel files????? > > thx > i ...

read an XML file in TCL
Hello I am looking to read an XML file into my TCL program and extract information. How do we read an XML file in TCL? Are there man pages that describe these? Thanks krithiga one way is: http://wiki.tcl.tk/tdom another (and faster, but should be used only for valid stuff) is http://wiki.tcl.tk/11020 Torsten Edler wrote: > another (and faster, but should be used only for valid stuff) is > I'm curious as to this assertion that the shallow regexp parser is faster than tdom, I would have expected things to be the other way around. Do you have a benchmark? Were you testing...

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. ...

How to read a file using TCL
Hi, I am a new bee to TCL. I want to write a script that opens the file and reads it and prints to screen. I have tried the below. But doesn't works. set INFILE [open "temp" a+] set data [read $INFILE] set data [split $data "\n"] foreach line $data { puts $line } -Regards Swaroop Kumar Tata On 14 Mai, 10:39, Swaroop <swaroop.t...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am a new bee to TCL. I want to write a script that opens the > file and reads it and prints to screen. I have tried the below. But > doesn't works. > > set INF...

Read block of file in Tcl
Hi, I have an input file in the following format: ******************************** Name1 Name2 Row1 DEF 001 Row2 ABC DEG 003 Row3 EW EW 002 Row4 FF 0012 Row1 ADEF 1001 Row2 ARBC DEG 2003 Row3 EWW EW 0302 Row4 AB 0112 Name1 Name2 Row1 DSDEF 001 Row2 ABVC DEG 003 Row3 EDW EW 002 Row4 FVF 0012 Row1 AF 1001 Row2 ACRBC DEG 2003 Row3 ESWW EW 0302 Row4 AEB 0112 **************************************** I have to read this file and --> if I get "Name1" in any of the line, then I have to read the block of file from "Name1" to the first occurrance of "Row4". --> I...

Reading a tcl file in C
I have a tcl configure file (a list of variables with values and comments) that I wish to read into an array in C (or better yet, Objective-C). Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this, or have any public-domain or GPL code that does this? randall.h.wood@gmail.com wrote: > I have a tcl configure file (a list of variables with values and > comments) that I wish to read into an array in C (or better yet, > Objective-C). Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this, or > have any public-domain or GPL code that does this? Can you give us a short example of what this ...

Parse Excel file in TCL?
Hi, Anyone knows of anything in TCL that can read/write excel file? Thanks, Ricky In article <bkd02a$ou1$1@home.itg.ti.com>, Ricky Chu <rickychu2@comcast.nospam.net> wrote: >Hi, > >Anyone knows of anything in TCL that can read/write excel file? . . . <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel > -- Cameron Laird <Cameron@Lairds.com> Business: http://www.Phaseit.net Personal: http://phaseit.net/claird/home.html ...

tcl code to read an image and write tcl code?
Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc that would take an image, say a gif, and output pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? I saw something about a unix program that did something with mimes but I'm on windows. In article <4403BC94.447A7341@rocketship1.com>, Eric Taylor <et2@rocketship1.com> wrote: > > >Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc >that would take an image, say a gif, and output >pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? > >I saw something about a unix program that did >something with mimes but I'm on wi...

Generating Excel Files w/ TCL
Hy, what packaged will generate Microsoft Excel .xls Files with TCL. I used SpreadSheet 1.1 from GreyTrout Software which is quite good, but to expensive for my appl. Regards TAB Please send eMail on Reply In article <bk6qg4$q6vns$1@ID-95191.news.uni-berlin.de>, Tillmann Basien <tab@basien.de> wrote: >Hy, >what packaged will generate Microsoft Excel .xls Files with TCL. . . . Start with <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel >. -- Cameron Laird <Cameron@Lairds.com> Business: http://www.Phaseit.net Personal: http://phaseit.net/claird/home.html ...

windows tcl to read unix files
Hi, I need to write a tcl script for MS windows to read 2 text files in unix server. These 2 text files have the same file name but different case letter (i.e. A.txt and a.txt) and they are in the unix system. The tcl script needs to be executed under MS windows and then through the network to read these 2 files. Does any one know how to do that? I am having troubles because the tcl script under MS windows treats these 2 files as one file (it does not distinguish the case letter). And so it only opens A.txt whether it read "A.txt" or "a.txt". Please let me know if an...

TCL file reading enhancement idea
Earlier today I read a post where someone was having a problem getting 'tail' to work for reading a file. I also have a need to just read the end of file but I am trying to stay from exec OS APIs in my application and just stay with pure TCL. After thinking about this it occurred to me that a useful addition to TCL would be an implementation of 'tail' that would return some configurable value of lines (for example, the last 5 lines) from the end of a file. I have tried reading the whole file just to check for some data at the end. This works fine for small files but for larg...

Tcl library for reading ELF files ?
Does anybody know wheather there is a Tcl library available for reading ELF files ? Thanks, Rolf. --------------------------------------------------------------- Rolf Schroedter, German Aerospace Center Remove .nospam to reply: mailto:Rolf.Schroedter@dlr.de.nospam ...

TCL code to read a following file
How to read the following file using arrays in a tcl code. I should store all the begincase ids in one variable and beginlist ids in one variable and contents between the BeginList and EndList in one variable and I should pass all these arguments to a another file. BeginList is dependent on BeginCase.. Each beginCase contain so many beginLists. BeginCase:1 BeginList:1 Stress EndList BeginList:3 Stress|(Min)|VonMises EndList BeginList:8 Stress // Elements, ByID, 12, 14, 67 EndList BeginList:9 Stress EndList BeginList:12 ...

tcl-inotify: File & directory level notifications for Tcl. (extension)
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-inotify. Tcl-inotify is a Tcl interface to the linux kernel's inotify* service. It provides a Tcl package that enables Tcl scripts to monitor the file system changes at a file and directory level. A large number of file/directory actions can be monitored. A proc is executed asynchronously to notify for changes. * inotify is a Linux kernel subsystem that provides file system event notifications. It was written by John McCutchan with help from Robert Love and later Amy Griffis to replace dnotify. It was included in the mainline kernel starting from release 2.6.13, and could be compiled into 2.6.12 and possibly earlier releases by use of a patch. Its function is essentially an extension to filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those changes to applications. Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-inotify/ Man page: http://tcl-inotify.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis alsterg ...

Tcl file from .txt file
Hi, I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did = change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in = to tcl file. let me know any idea to change the txt file in to tcl file or = directly from the excel file in to tcl file.=20 your help is much more appreciated. thank you. On 11/14/14, 1:30 PM, yenilsuwal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in to tcl file. let me know any idea to c...

Web resources about - read excel file from tcl in li - comp.lang.tcl

List of Excel Saga characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) was initially the sole officer of ACROSS. Excel approaches her work with an excess of determination and enthusiasm, but a lack of foresight ...

Microsoft Excel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft Excel is a commercial spreadsheet application written and distributed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X . It features ...

Facebook Excels At Going Green
Facebook’s trademark color may be blue , but it’s also known for being green. New figures released Wednesday by the social network show that ...

Jason Excel (@Anamewithaguy) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Jason Excel @ Anamewithaguy ...

Microsoft Excel Users
This group is for those who use Microsoft Excel in their professional and/or personal use.

Excel Notepad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Excel Notepad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

NRL Auckland Nines: Canberra Raiders young guns eager to excel on big stage
Raiders youngster Thomas Cronan wants to make the most of his opportunity on the big stage at the Auckland Nines.

Australia v India Twenty20: Captain Aaron Finch laments fielding blunders as Virat Kohli excels again ...
Australia captain Aaron Finch laments more poor fielding as a factor in their 37-run loss to India in the opening Twenty20 match, as India suggest ...

As Excel turns 30, it's time to take spreadsheets to the next level
Excel was born in 1985, and the business world has never been the same. This fall, the program celebrated its 30th birthday, giving spreadsheet ...

Excel-killer Anaplan just raised another $90 million proving that VC money 'has not disappeared'
... Budge, previously at Genesys. Anaplan offers a financial planning cloud app that's as easy to use as a spreadsheet, but also does things Excel ...