redirect text to file; text widget

I've loaded text from a file into the text widget, and having edited it would like to redirect it back into a file, but haven't found a handle for it. If there was an attribute such as the "-textvariable" option for the entry and label widgets, I could echo it into a file from another widget (button, etc).  Thanks
0
john6309 (18)

..t get 0 end

"John Peters" <john@jpeters.net> wrote in message

> I've loaded text from a file into the text widget, and having edited it
> would like to redirect it back into a file, but haven't found a handle for
> it. If there was an attribute such as the "-textvariable" option for the
> entry and label widgets, I could echo it into a file from another widget
> (button, etc).  Thanks

0
net8344 (13)
7/5/2006 10:58:26 AM
Usman,

Your solution is incorrect. The first character in a text index is 1.0,
not 0.

--
Bryan Oakley
http://www.tclscripting.com