Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)

19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/

November 12 - 16, 2012
Sessions:
    National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago
    175 W. Washington
    Chicago, IL 60602

Rooms:
    Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
    350 West Mart Center Drive
    Chicago, Illinois, USA

Map/Transport:
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818
    http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932

I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now
open at

	http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html

To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow
the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates
expires on October 20. Book early.

Our schedule can be found at

	http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html

Conference Committee

Clif Flynt              Noumena Corp					General Chair, Website Admin
Andreas Kupries         ActiveState Software Inc.			Program Chair
Cyndy Lilagan           Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago	Site/Facilities Chair
Arjen Markus            Deltares
Brian Griffin           Mentor Graphics
Donal Fellows           University of Manchester
Gerald Lester           KnG Consulting, LLC
Jeffrey Hobbs           ActiveState Software Inc.
Kevin Kenny             GE Global Research Center
Larry Virden
Mike Doyle              National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago
Ron Fox                 NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University
Steve Landers           Digital Smarties

Contact Information     tclconference@googlegroups.com

Tcl'2012 would like to thank those who are sponsoring the conference:

ActiveState Software Inc.
Buonacorsi Foundation
Mentor Graphics
Noumena Corp.
SR Technology
Tcl Community Association

--
So long,
	Andreas Kupries <akupries@shaw.ca>

http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ - Tcl'2012, Nov 12-16, Chicago, IL, USA.
akupries (323)

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Con...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 Hello all. This is a reminder that that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on October 20. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Oh, and talk to us should you run into trouble with the Hotel claiming to be sold out already before the deadline. Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/ Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows Unive...

[ANN] Registration open && 2nd Call For Papers
Hello comp.lang.tcl, fyi ... 22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: [[ Attention! Registration is open! Please have a look at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html ]] Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Co...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/ September 23 - 27, 2013 Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana, USA http://www.bourbonorleans.com/ Hello all. This is a general reminder that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on August 19, i.e. in a week. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Donal Fellows University of Manchester Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Ron Fox NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University Steve Landers Digital Smarties Contact Information tclconference@googlegroups.com ...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

1st Call For Papers, 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2012
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 27, 2012 Notification to authors September 10, 2012 WIP and BOF reservations open August 6, 2012 Author materials due October 29, 2012 Tutorials Start November 12, 2012 Conference starts November 14, 2012 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2012...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script...

CFP: 11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference
Call For Papers 11th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 11-15, 2004 New Orleans, LA, USA We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be held October 11-15, 2004, in New Orleans, LA, USA. This conference is a forum to: * bring together Tcl/Tk researchers and practitioners * publish and present current work involving Tcl/Tk * learn about the latest developments in Tcl/Tk * plan for future Tcl/Tk related developments The conference program will include paper presentations, tutorials, Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions and invited key-note talks. This...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > ...

Can't find a usable init.tcl ... Tcl wasn't installed correctly
I built a toy tcl/tk program with an embedded interpreter. It works as expected under Linux. When I run the program from the Windows XP command prompt, initialization of the embedded interpreter fails, returning a message like: ----------------------------------------------------------- Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed correctly. ----------------------------------------------------------- I tried again after executing SET TCL_LIBRARY=C:\Tcl\Lib\tcl8.4 from the command prompt, and the Tcl_Init call succe...

Register For The 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2010
Registration for the Conference is open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates follow the link on that page. Note that this offer expires on September 26. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/schedule.html We have special social activites October 15, 2010 - Friday afternoon -- Tour of Fermilab Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, http://www.fnal.gov/ Tour signup is at the conference, Wednesday, Oct 13. A tour lasts about two hours and beg...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

Web resources about - Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) - comp.lang.tcl

Voter registration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is not compulsory, registering one's place of residence with some government agency is required, which automatically constitutes voter registration ...

Time's Running Out for Ad Age Digital Conference Early-Bird Registration
How are the best brands and smartest marketers coping with the seismic, digitally-driven changes rocking advertising? How are industry innovators ...

36 voting rights organizations call on EAC to reverse voter registration changes in three states
... Georgia and Alabama to require proof of citizenship when citizens register to vote. As the letter notes, changes to the federal voter registration ...

Registration for Google I/O 2016 is now open
It's that time of year again registration for Google I/O 2016 is now open! Google will be accepting applications until Thursday, March 10 at ...

ACLU sues Kansas over proof of citizenship for DMV voter registrations
A new federal lawsuit charges thousands of Kansans seeking to vote while obtaining a driver's license have been illegally blocked, forced to ...

No drone registration could mean jail
Hundreds of thousands of drone operators could face hefty fines, or even jail, for failing to register their aircraft.

Google I/O 2016 Registration is Now Open!
It’s time to put your name in the hat for Google I/O 2016 ! Registration is now open for all and will remain open until March 10 at 5PM Pacific. ...

Think Tank Sues FAA In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rule
On the last day to challenge the FAA's new drone registration rule, a Washington, DC think tank, TechFreedom, has filed a petition for review ...

YMCA camp registration about to open
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (February 14, 2016) Summer is still months away, but if you're a parent, you're probably already thinking about where to send ...

ISIS registration forms list names, contact info for 22,000 jihadists
ISIS registration forms list names, contact info for 22,000 jihadists