Strange, very strange

Explanation is quiet long, but finally the point is really, really
strange!

I'm writting some client/server application. Communication is done by
simple [socket], but additionaly I use DES and bas64 from tcllib.

DES is used to secure transmitted data, and base64 is to allow transmit
it (data) via simple ascii-translated channel (I just need it).

Now: Server-side daemon listens on some socket and when connection is
estabilished it starts to sending some data (simple text) using:
puts $sock [::base64::encode [::DES::des -mode encode \
    -key $password $data]]

Clien-side application receives it and decodes like below:
set data [::DES::des -mode decode -key $password \
    [::base64::decode $readData]]

and finally, I get $data variable with same value as at the begining,
in server-side daemon. After all of above, I do:

puts "|$data| == |%|"
if {$data == "%"} {
  puts 1
} else {
  puts 2
}

Guess what? I see on stdout following lines:

|%| == |%|
2

How about that?

--
Pozdrawiam (Greetings)!
Googie

Dnia Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:06:42 +0000, Googie skrobie:

[...]

> and finally, I get $data variable with same value as at the begining,
> in server-side daemon. After all of above, I do:

> puts "|$data| == |%|"
> if {$data == "%"} {
>   puts 1
> } else {
>   puts 2
> }

> Guess what? I see on stdout following lines:

> |%| == |%|
> 2

> How about that?

Try to write $data to a file.

Maybe it contains "x\b%" ? :)

--
//  _    ___         Michal "Sektor" Malecki <sektor(whirl)kis.p.lodz.pl>
\\ L_ |/ `|  /^\ ,()                         <ethourhs(O)wp.pl>

Strange, strange...
Hi All, I posted this already today and I am really getting bananas with this issue: Using Visual Basic 6.0, I am sending SMS. These SMS can be added to an Access 2000 table by users on the network. Everything works well when executing the code step by step (F8). I can trace this in the Access table, that reacts exactly according to what I was expecting. But, but.... When running the code, it looks like the records in Access are not updated quickly enough and, therefore, the SMS are sent more than once (up to 10 times for some). Here is how I open the table in the Access MDB: Dim Db2 As Dat...

strange strange Warwick
Well, I clicked on one of those google click-through buttons to see that Kevin Warwick has a new edition of his book out .... http://www.press.uillinois.edu/f04/warwick2.html This one has a subtitle of "The Breakthrough in Artificial Intelligence". Toned down a bit from the subtitle of his 1997 edition of the same named book ... "Why the New Race of Robots Will Rule the World". Modern landgrab ??? ... make your money and get out before the robots take over. Wow! You have to hand it to the man, at least he is diving in with practical experiments. Most people would call t...

strange... very strange. Please help!
I don't know if this is the right NG to expose this problem, but I try... When installing Mandrake 9.1, precisely during the copy of files on the hard disk, installation stops and the system hangs with mouse pointer not moving... I've installed Mandrake (with the same cds, working) on many pc, but the only one that behaves in this way is an Athlon 1600 XP+ on a motherboard ECS K7S5A, and i cannot find the reason of this strange behaviour. Note that the system works (almost) correctly under winXP Can anyone illuminate me? Fabrizio On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:42:33 +0000, Fabrizio ...

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.
Here is the setup I am running Filemaker Server Advanced v7.02on a Window Small Business Server 2003. All my clients (5 for now) are running XP Pro with FMP v7.03. I have made a very extensive form patched with several "Text boxes" (I could not get Filemaker to agree with my Word Doc format so I pasted the word doc in "text boxes" several paragraphs at a time. Then I formatted the Paragraphs within Filemaker). When I preview this document via "open remote" from all 5 clients everything is aligned and is how it suppose to look. Then when I print the form 4 of the 5...

Very Strange!!
I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and returns the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%> to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is generated has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes. Before the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and everything looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are missing. I take a look at the HTML source from the browser and where the iframe tag is supposed to be I have a bunch of spaces (approximately...

Strange
I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm really happy that one can get the H= ands on OS Dolphin 7 and on the other hand I'm sad that people are not will= ing any more to pay for such an excellent piece of software. I've used it a= lway extensivly but I know that some have build their business with Dolphin= ..=20 I really would have liked that Dolphin will be a business for the original = developers also. But no, people are still quite happy to pay highest prices= for MS OSes or Mac OSes the prices for VSStudio are high also but the mark= er for "fair" prize...

strange
google removed me from group dont no when but im back . and just told geoff wasnt ignore u all . glad to be back ...

Strange...
This is odd... I've just spent several hours of my time writing and editing a very long (633 lines) and mainly newbie-oriented post to this newsgroup, dealing with the technical and philosophical differences between Windows and Gnu/Linux, and explaining about trolls. If my newsserver has dropped it from the feed, then I should still be seeing the replies to it, especially since I tackled Windows in my post on a few occasions and replies from the Win-trolls were to be expected. Yet, I'm not seeing anything here, and I'd hate to think that this very long post was all a waste of my...

strange ???
I have a piece of code which is in a multithread program: .... bool b,b1; b1 = MyData.success; //MyData is protected using Mutex, b1=true here by using Visual Studio watch window b = (b1 == true);//return false ?????? b = (true && b1);//return true .... kathy wrote: > I have a piece of code which is in a multithread program: > > ... > bool b,b1; > b1 = MyData.success; > //MyData is protected using Mutex, b1=true here by using Visual Studio > watch window > b = (b1 == true);//return false ?????? > b = (true && b1);//return true > ... We can'...

How strange is this?
Mostly, I have been very pleased with the performance of my Linux system under load... But today, I thought I'd surf the net whilst ripping a few CDs. First up, Grip. I have both ripping & encoding set to a nice value of 19 (lowest priority). Here's the rub, whilst ripping & encoding is going on there is no access to the net. As soon as I cancel, normal service is restored. Yet cpu load does not show that high. And it's not only Grip, the KDE thingy does exactly the same too. Anyone got any idea what's going on? -- Ian Allium Alert #1: Chewing gum whilst peeling onions stops your eyes from running. The Onion Man wrote: > Mostly, I have been very pleased with the performance of my Linux system > under load... > > But today, I thought I'd surf the net whilst ripping a few CDs. First up, > Grip. I have both ripping & encoding set to a nice value of 19 (lowest > priority). > > Here's the rub, whilst ripping & encoding is going on there is no access > to the net. As soon as I cancel, normal service is restored. Yet cpu > load does not show that high. > > And it's not only Grip, the KDE thingy does exactly the same too. > > Anyone got any idea what's going on? > I take it you access the net via a dialup modem then... -- COMPUTER POWER TO THE PEOPLE! DOWN WITH CYBERCRUD! The Onion Man wrote: > Mostly, I have been very pleased with the performance of my Linux system...

Very strange!
Hi everyone, I have a problem with colour printing, I recently replaced the colour cartridge, continued printing everything was fine, after about a week of general printing, it stopped printing colour again, there was no way it could be empty. I thought I would put another new cartridge in and now nothing will print at all, incidentally the black is fine Printer is an Epson 440 cartridges are Jet-tec which I've used for some time. Any thoughts? Regards Purplepatcher "purplepatcher" <nochance@astra.com> wrote in message news:<cegk02$ou1$1@hercules.btinternet.com>... > Hi everyone, > I have a problem with colour printing, I recently replaced the > colour cartridge, continued printing everything was fine, after about a week > of general printing, it stopped printing colour again, there was no way it > could be empty. > I thought I would put another new cartridge in and now nothing will print at > all, incidentally the black is fine > Printer is an Epson 440 cartridges are Jet-tec which I've used for some > time. > Any thoughts? > > Regards > > Purplepatcher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HI! I just had a similar problem where I printed a beautiful portrait of my dog, and two days later the printer went throught the motions and sounds of printing, but only blank paper came out. I mixed up some ammonia water, 10...

Too strange!
There was a post in a NG done on a kelly GREEN solid background with WHITE text,so I tried to print it out & although my paper came out with a full,solid BLACK background it actually PRINTED the text,in white,clearly!,but if I was to try to print THIS page out it would come out just ALL black & NO text! Both ink cartridges are new so they are fine! I have tried & tried to disconnect the only 2 plugs,to plug them back in,and even though I squeeze the two metal pieces,one on top & the other on opposite end they will not BUDGE! There was even a picture below the post I ...

Strange !!
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. The code is building well, but while execution, it states that 'A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available' But, i expected the output of 'x1z', but i did not get that output. Strange !! Where is the problem in the below code? #include<stdio.h> int main(void) { char *a[3]={"def","xyz","qrs"}; *(a[1]+1)='1'; printf("%s",a[1]); return 0; } Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru karthikbalagur...

this is very strange to me!
(1) > my_roots:=proc(a,b,n) > local p,z,k: > for k from 0 to n-1 do > p:=cos(b*k/n)+I*(sin(b*k/n)): > z[k]:=(a^(1/n)*(p)); > printf("when k= %a , z[ %a ]= %a\n",k,k+1,z[k]); > od; > end: (2) > my_roots:=proc(a,b,n) > local p,z,k: > for k from 0 to n-1 do > p:=cos(b*k/n)+I*(sin(b*k/n)): > z[k]:=simplify(a^(1/n)*(p)); > printf("when k= %a , z[ %a ]= %a\n",k,k+1,z[k]); > od; > end: Hi, Just try my_roots(-3*sqrt(3),2*Pi,3); Notice that the two output: when k=1... the answers are totally DIFF...

some strange for me
I have a structrue like this: struct object_t{ struct object *next; char data[0]; } and another one: struct bucket_t{ int a; struct object objects[0]; } but the VC compiler tell me have error occurred in struct object object[0], why?? In article <b9a31f71-b38d-4466-8c0f-8cbe7e9b22d2@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, <profjwang@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a structrue like this: >struct object_t{ > struct object *next; > char data[0]; >} >and another one: >struct bucket_t{ > ...

Strange
Hi everybody. Happy new year. Well. I have just downloaded C64 ROM disassembly and it's very strange. It seems many portions of code are the same that ORIC ... A guy (I don't remember his name) told me that the basic comes from Microsoft. Is it true ? Best regards. Seilebosst. Yes. As recently told here, in Oric Rom ( and C64 rom probably) there is a string of tfosorcim ( backward microsoft ) Both uses 650x machine code language "olivier JEAN" <seilebost@aol.com>, iletide sunu yazdi news:ad4152cf.0401041419.4c483b24@pos...

Strange....
I had some problems with a credit card on Amazon--a valid credit card of mine was declined by Amazon after repeated authorization attempts, though the credit card company said the account was 100% fine, and I'd used it many times on Amazon. I tracked down an Amazon 800 number and, while on the phone with a rep, NetBarrier X3 sounded an alert: someone was doing a port scan of my computer, originating from 207.171.184.17 I put it on my stop list and continued the conversation. After hanging up, I used NetBarrier to do a whois on that IP address, and it resolved back to... Amazon.co...

Strange!!
IT keeps replying to IT'S own posts. A sure sign of desperation. IT can't seem to throw that hook. ROTFLMAO On 2015-08-25 21:08:33 +0000, Walter Myer said: > IT keeps replying to IT'S own posts. > > A sure sign of desperation. IT can't seem to throw that hook. > > ROTFLMAO And you think that because you started a new thread, this isn't a reply to me? Or that a string of separate posts isn't the same as replying to yourself? LOL ...

STRANGE
2 computers with win 98 for the OS : on the first one, a font that I have installed is printed in the edit fields of a software I have written On the second, the caracteres of the font are not used, another one (random) is used.but I can use this font on the Wordpad application.it just doesn't work with my application. What could be the problem ????? thank you ...

strange tcl behavior
Hello everybody! I have a big problem with a TCL script. I will do my best to describe the behavior: I have a C program that defines some custom TCL commands. The program parses an input TCL file. When it starts the parsing the only custom command is defobj <name> <alias>. What that command does is to create two new commands: "name" and an alias to it called "alias". The startup script does the following: if { [info commands "custom_command"] == "" } { source prim_script.tcl } The prim_script.tcl is: set test_var custom_command .... if { $test_var == "custom_command" } { { puts $test_var defobj custom_command custom_alias puts $test_var } ...... When I run the script I get the following output: custom_command custom_alias The crazy thing is that if I change the startup script to: puts [info commands "custom_command"] == "" } { source prim_script.tcl } Can somebody help me understand why the value of test_var is changed to cusom_alias ? Thank you, Ionut Anghelcovici IonutAnghelcovici wrote: > When it starts the parsing the only custom command is defobj <name> > <alias>. What that command does is to create two new commands: "name" > and an alias to it called "alias". > puts $test_var > defobj custom_command custom_alias > puts $test_var > When I run the script I get the following output: > cu...

Very strange??
In a form the user can register new produkts. The code below prevent the user to enter a numer already registered. The strange thing is that it is still possible to enter no. 1 several times. On all other numers the code seems to work. What is the reason/solution to this.!! TIA Sigurd Dim lngArtikkelnr As Long Dim conFilePath As String conFilePath = strBackend Dim dbs As Database, rst As DAO.recordset Set dbs = OpenDatabase(conFilePath) Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset("tblProdukterFaktura", dbOpenTable) rst.MoveFirst rst.index = "PrimaryKey" rst.Seek &...

very strange
Hello, This request : .. update table set varchar_var='oracle=crap i''s sqlserver=bestchoice', other='4' where id='1' .. does not work. Looks like a = before a '' crashes the insert/updates. Any ideas to fix my request ? Thanks a lot. inja wrote: > Hello, > > This request : > > . > update table set varchar_var='oracle=crap i''s sqlserver=bestchoice', > other='4' where id='1' > . > > does not work. > > Looks like a = before a '' crashes the insert/updates. > > Any i...

Strange
Linux is free, not really subject malware or virus attacks and one of the most stable OS's going. There are 100's of free programs word processors,email, programing tools,graphical tools, in fact you name it Linux has it! It's easy to install, does not require hugh amounts of memory or powerful CPU , has all the drivers needed for most hardware, can be used on old computers has fantastic range of desktop options and can even be run from a live CD . After all nearly all the old Unix servers have changed over to Linux and are more efficient with this change. With all this going fo...

strange bug with strange work round in blaxxun contact
after having been bitten again by this bug in blaxxun contact, esp.in complex worlds where its nice fast engine is particularly useful, i've spent some time pinned it down and produced the simplest example i can think of that exhibits it, also found a work-round. code below works,( produces 3 different flat shapes ) but only does so when the dummy def is included. #VRML V2.0 utf8 PROTO IndexedFaceSetShapeSubClass [ field MFVec3f def [] ]{ Shape { appearance Appearance { material Material { } } geometry DEF main IndexedFaceSet { coordIndex [0,1,2,3] coord DEF dummyD...

Web resources about - Strange, very strange - comp.lang.tcl

Strange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Garbage announce new album, 'Strange Little Birds,' and tour dates
Shirley Manson said in a press release that this album "has the most to do with the first record than any of the previous records."

The strange love-hate relationship between Bill Gates and Steve Jobs
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs never quite got along. Over the course of 30-plus years, the two went from cautious allies to bitter rivals to something ...

How well do you know your strange Oscars moments? Take our quiz
The Academy Awards can get pretty long and tedious, which is why unexpected moments stand out so much. See how well you remember the most bizarre ...

Trump confronts protester in strange encounter
Donald Trump on Friday had an unusual encounter with a protester.

Midday open thread: Claire McCaskill has breast cancer, TV news' loves The Donald and strange music
Nevada Republicans are holding their presidential caucuses tonight , and we'll be liveblogging the results at Daily Kos Elections . The caucuess ...

Pachuca Commemorated Pokémon's 20th Anniversary With Some Great, Strange Tweeting
Look, I’m just gonna cut straight to the chase. Pachuca played Dorados de Sinaloa in some Saturday night Liga MX action, and they went all in ...

Take a peek at 'Life is Strange' studio's next game, 'Vampyr'
Gaze into the darkness long enough and a reluctant British vampire will gaze back at you. Sure, that's not quite what Nietzsche said, but it's ...

Your Facebook Feed Will Soon Be Filled With Strange Faces
Facebook has acquired video filter app MSQRD, in what looks like an attempt to spice up its video content—and catch up to Snapchat. Facebook ...

Congress' Strange Budget Criticism: India Doesn't Need Economic Stimulus
The Congress Party in India has released a very strange criticism of the country's budget. Obviously, they're a political party, they're out ...