Tcl + windows

Just quickly - When trying to run TCL programs under Windows (XP), if I
leave the TCL_LIBRARY environment variable UNset, then it complains about
not being able to find init.tcl, but if I set it - even if it is an
incorrect path - it crashes (does the "send bug report?" thing).

Thanks.

gjb.

0
gb20 (9)

"Gareth Bradley" <gb20@cs.waikato.ac.nz> wrote:

>Just quickly - When trying to run TCL programs under Windows (XP), if I
>leave the TCL_LIBRARY environment variable UNset, then it complains about
>not being able to find init.tcl, but if I set it - even if it is an
>incorrect path - it crashes (does the "send bug report?" thing).
>
>Thanks.
>
>gjb.

I think it need to be a forward slash / style.  Better yet, run tclsh from
the proper install location, or just re-run the installer that put it there
to fix it.  From where tcl84.dll is (and probably tclsh84.exe as well),
.../lib/8.4 is where init.tcl should be.
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
Gareth Bradley wrote:

> Just quickly - When trying to run TCL programs under Windows (XP), if I
> leave the TCL_LIBRARY environment variable UNset, then it complains about
> not being able to find init.tcl, but if I set it - even if it is an
> incorrect path - it crashes (does the "send bug report?" thing).

My guess is that you have an invalid install.  A proper install
should not require TCL_LIBRARY set at all.  Where did you get
this Tcl from?  Alternatively, you might consider Tcl starpacks,
if you are just looking to execute a simple script without
having to rely on a full Tcl install.

--
     Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
     http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos

0
jeffh (1291)

Possible bug in Tcl or Windows or Tcl on Windows
Hi, There seems to be a bug in the way numbers are compared in Tcl. Consider the below script for calculating Pythagorean triplets. For hypotenuse upto a value of 100, there should have been 63 unique triplets. On Windows XP the script detects only 62. The script doesn't detect the case where c=99, b=20 ==> a=101. However running the same script under Tcl 8.4.1 in Cygwin detects 63 triplets. I don't have a Linux machine at hand to test it there. Following is the script and relevant output. Could anyone shed some light on the cause of this. Maybe it has something to do with how ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

tcl application with tcl application

TCL on windows?
hi what environment do you suggest me to start learning TCL on windows? thanks In article <mn.732e7d77c2d3be1c.77691@ginko.ginko>, ginko <ginko@ginko.ginko> wrote: >hi what environment do you suggest me to start learning TCL on windows? >thanks > > I'm not sure what you mean by your question. Possible answers: A. Read <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/15577 >; B. Install <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1875 >; C. Read <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1681 >; D. Purchase <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/3960 >; .... On Jul 14, 7:34 am, ginko <gi...@ginko.ginko&...

tcl on windows
Hi all, I just started learning tcl to do some small automation using expect and I am kind of struck with basic "Hello World" prog :). Can any one help me to resolve this? I am working on windows xp and when I use "puts" stmt, I wanted to write output to standard stdout ( command prompt). Instead what happens is it opens graphical window with name being the file name. #!/bin/sh # \ exec tclsh "$0" ${1+"$@"} puts stdout "Hello World" My task is to write a samll expect script that should return the o/p when called from another perl /python ...

Hi, TCL has a command execution syntax like this: [<tcl cmd>] Anything inside the 3rd bracket will be executed as a Tcl command by the Tcl interprater. Is there any way I can disable/delete this Tcl construct [ <tcl-cmd>]? In other words, my Tcl interprator should print "[32]" for tcl command puts "[32]" It should not try to treat [] as a special character. Is this any way possible while extending Tcl in C with tcl.h? Thank you, Arijit * arijit79@gmail.com | puts "[32]" | | It should not try to treat [] as a special character. Check out ...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @...

MS Dictation and TCL
I'm trying to use the MS dictation tool while in TCL 8.5 program. The text starts to appear, but then the program crashes. It would be great to find a way to make this work. Thanks! Barney Tcl 8.5 (wish 8.5) makeindex (12/14/2007) MSWinXP sp3 plenty of ram and storage ...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

How Tcl source finds init.tcl???
Hi, I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for init.tcl? Is there any way to specifically use init.tcl from a certain path? Thanks a lot in advance! Lihong lihong pei wrote: > I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. > What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for > init.tcl? If the environment variable TCL_LIBRARY exists, it's value is assumed to be a single directory which is added to the search path for init.tcl. Note that this is offered mostly as a way for...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest...

[TCL] diff type operations in TCL
I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. Is there anything like this? --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

Web resources about - Tcl + windows - comp.lang.tcl

The Windows Blog

Passengers urinate out of car window while travelling 100km/h
The actions of two car passengers who appeared to lean out a car window to urinate while travelling at 100kmh on a Southland highway are being ...

Chrome OS distro for regular PCs can now dual-boot with Windows
... A few months ago, we wrote about CloudReady , a version of the open source Chromium OS from Neverware that can transform older Windows PCs ...

Windows 10 to be installed on 4 million US Department of Defense computers
Microsoft keeps shouting about the millions of users that have switched to Windows 10 , and soon the company will have another 4 million to bray ...

Microsoft just landed a huge deal to bring Windows 10 to 4 million Defense Department employees
... that the United States Department of Defense will be moving all four million of its employees across all of its agencies to the Windows 10 operating ...

Find and recover Windows files
How to find recent downloads and other docs, and how to rescue deleted files.

Preliminary data shows small Windows 10 gains after upgrade offered to older PCs
Windows 10 usage has increased since Microsoft began serving the operating system as an automatic upgrade to PCs running Windows 7 or Windows ...

Gary Bettman Upholds Dennis Wideman's Suspension, Provides Window Into NHL Investigation
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman upheld Dennis Wideman’s 20-game suspension for cross-checking a linesman from behind today, a widely expected ...