Tcl 8.4.6 Source - Compiling under Windows Services for Unix.

Tried compiling 8.4.6 under Windows SFU.  Make failed with:

.../generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatClock':
.../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: `timezone' undeclared (first use in
this funct
ion)

I know SFU is unsupported but is there anything obvious I missed?

Compiled 8.4.5 with Mingw on a different machine and that worked find.
However Mingw is not acceptable to Corporate Employer where as SFU is
because it's fully supported by Microsoft.

Details on SFU at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp.

Last question - will Expect run under unix emulation on Windows?

Install SFU

Download Tcl/TK sources to C:\DOWNLOADS\TCL

Switch to SFU shell.

$  cd /dev/fs/C/DOWNLOADS/TCL
$ pwd
/dev/fs/C/DOWNLOADS/TCL
$
$ tar -xvf tcl8.4.6-src.tar

cd /dev/fs/C/DOWNLOADS/TCL/tcl8.4.6/unix

$ ./configure \
 > --enable-gcc --enable-shared \

creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether to use symlinks for manpages... no
checking compression for manpages... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
creating tclConfig.sh

$ make

gcc -pipe -c -O -DTCL_DBGX= -Wall -Wconversion -Wno-implicit-int
-I./../generi
c -I.  -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DTCL_WIDE_INT_TYPE=long\
long -DHAVE
_GETCWD=1 -DHAVE_OPENDIR=1 -DHAVE_STRSTR=1 -DHAVE_STRTOL=1
-DHAVE_TMPNAM=1 -DHAV
E_WAITPID=1 -DNO_WAIT3=1 -DNO_VALUES_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1
-DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1
-DUSE_TERMIOS=1 -DNO_FD_SET=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H=1 -DTIME_WITH_SYS_TIME=1
-DHAVE_
TZNAME=1 -DHAVE_GMTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_TIMEZONE_VAR=1
-DHAVE_ST_
BLKSIZE=1 -DNO_FSTATFS=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -Dsocklen_t=unsigned
-DNO_UNION_WAIT=1
  -DHAVE_SIGNED_CHAR=1 -DHAVE_LANGINFO=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1
-DTCL_SHLI
B_EXT=\"\" ./../generic/tclClock.c
.../generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatClock':
.../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: `timezone' undeclared (first use in
this funct
ion)
.../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only o
nce
.../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Sword wrote:
> Tried compiling 8.4.6 under Windows SFU.  Make failed with:
>
> ../generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatClock':
> ../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: `timezone' undeclared (first use in
> this funct
> ion)
>
> I know SFU is unsupported but is there anything obvious I missed?
>
> Compiled 8.4.5 with Mingw on a different machine and that worked find.
> However Mingw is not acceptable to Corporate Employer where as SFU is
> because it's fully supported by Microsoft.
If you want "fully supported by Microsoft" whatever that means actually,
get Visual Studio, there is a VC++ nmake makefile in the source
distribution. Or ask someone like ActiveState for a fully supported Tcl
build made with Microsoft Products. (AFAIK the TclDevKit is built using
VC on windows)

> Details on SFU at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp.

> Last question - will Expect run under unix emulation on Windows?
Depends on how good the unix emulation is, if it is something like Linux
running inside VMWARE: yes. It works inside the cygwin environment but
only for cygwin programs. Probably your better of asking ActiveState for
their commercial and "fully supported" Expect port for windows if you
need it for a critical customer.

Michael
0
schlenk (1615)
3/4/2004 8:06:48 PM
In article <c281pg$1ql1la$1@ID-102549.news.uni-berlin.de>,
Michael Schlenker  <schlenk@uni-oldenburg.de> wrote:
>Sword wrote:
>> Tried compiling 8.4.6 under Windows SFU.  Make failed with:
>>
>> ../generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatClock':
>> ../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: `timezone' undeclared (first use in
>> this funct
>> ion)
>>
>> I know SFU is unsupported but is there anything obvious I missed?
>>
>> Compiled 8.4.5 with Mingw on a different machine and that worked find.
>> However Mingw is not acceptable to Corporate Employer where as SFU is
>> because it's fully supported by Microsoft.
>If you want "fully supported by Microsoft" whatever that means actually,
>get Visual Studio, there is a VC++ nmake makefile in the source
>distribution. Or ask someone like ActiveState for a fully supported Tcl
>build made with Microsoft Products. (AFAIK the TclDevKit is built using
>VC on windows)
>

>> Details on SFU at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp.
>

>> Last question - will Expect run under unix emulation on Windows?
>Depends on how good the unix emulation is, if it is something like Linux
>running inside VMWARE: yes. It works inside the cygwin environment but
>only for cygwin programs. Probably your better of asking ActiveState for
>their commercial and "fully supported" Expect port for windows if you
>need it for a critical customer.
>
>Michael

While Michael's right, I still think it should be entertaining to
generate Tcl with SFU.  Maybe one of us will make time to track
down the symptoms Sword describes ...
--

Cameron Laird <claird@phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Sword <chppxf1@NO_SPAM__yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Last question - will Expect run under unix emulation on Windows?

Never..  unless M$ invents a layer on top of a console handle to implement a
tty...  hopefully they'll chose a standard emulation like VT100.
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
Michael Schlenker <schlenk@uni-oldenburg.de> wrote:

>Sword wrote:
>> Tried compiling 8.4.6 under Windows SFU.  Make failed with:
>>
>> ../generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatClock':
>> ../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: `timezone' undeclared (first use in
>> this funct
>> ion)
>>
>> I know SFU is unsupported but is there anything obvious I missed?
>>
>> Compiled 8.4.5 with Mingw on a different machine and that worked find.
>> However Mingw is not acceptable to Corporate Employer where as SFU is
>> because it's fully supported by Microsoft.
>If you want "fully supported by Microsoft" whatever that means actually,
>get Visual Studio, there is a VC++ nmake makefile in the source
>distribution. Or ask someone like ActiveState for a fully supported Tcl
>build made with Microsoft Products. (AFAIK the TclDevKit is built using
>VC on windows)

Or delete the whole UNIX directory, then you can call it not a UNIX application.
And maybe delete the mac one, too...  Make sure not to get the contrib
directory, too, then it would look like a DOS application and wouldn't want that
either..

<not serious.. no flames, please>
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
0
davygrvy (1376)

Interop Systems (www.interopsystems.com/tools/warehouse.htm) have source and
binaries for Tcl and Tk available at their site, as well as loads of other
Unix tools for SFU.

They're only at 8.3.4 but I guess the sources might give a clue as to the
compile options for 8.4.6 - I think in fact they do have a modified
configure script which knows about platform 'Interix'.

I'm happily running Tcl/Tk as well as the Itcl and IWidgets extensions under
SFU 3.5, all works a treat.

Adrian Bowen

David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> wrote:

>Michael Schlenker <schlenk@uni-oldenburg.de> wrote:
>
>>Sword wrote:
>>> Tried compiling 8.4.6 under Windows SFU.  Make failed with:
>>>
>>> ../generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatClock':
>>> ../generic/tclClock.c:314: error: `timezone' undeclared (first use in
>>> this funct
>>> ion)
>>>
>>> I know SFU is unsupported but is there anything obvious I missed?
>>>
>>> Compiled 8.4.5 with Mingw on a different machine and that worked find.
>>> However Mingw is not acceptable to Corporate Employer where as SFU is
>>> because it's fully supported by Microsoft.
>>If you want "fully supported by Microsoft" whatever that means actually,
>>get Visual Studio, there is a VC++ nmake makefile in the source
>>distribution. Or ask someone like ActiveState for a fully supported Tcl
>>build made with Microsoft Products. (AFAIK the TclDevKit is built using
>>VC on windows)
>
>Or delete the whole UNIX directory, then you can call it not a UNIX application.
>And maybe delete the mac one, too...  Make sure not to get the contrib
>directory, too, then it would look like a DOS application and wouldn't want that
>either..
>
><not serious.. no flames, please>

Anyone tried to run cygwin under wine?  But from vmware on WinXP?
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
0
davygrvy (1376)
3/5/2004 7:56:30 AM
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> wrote:

>Anyone tried to run cygwin under wine?  But from vmware on WinXP?

Oh, and over remote desktop, cause I need to work from home sometimes...
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
0
davygrvy (1376)
3/5/2004 7:58:55 AM
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> wrote:

: Anyone tried to run cygwin under wine?  But from vmware on WinXP?

I do. I have WinXP installed under VMWare and run cygwin on it.
No problem except dependency problems which trouble cygwin regarless of
platform.

As for wine, I doubt that there is any use for running cygwin under
wine. If you have wine, it makes running Win32 executables (those which
run) almost indistinguishable from running native Linux program.

Only difference I've found is that win32 console programs, i.e.
ActiveState tclsh need DISPLAY to run.

So you can use native utilities for everything can be done with cygwin.

I do run custom-build win32 tclsh under wine, because I build it
using mingw32 cross-compiler (fully supported by my OS vendor -
debian.org), and want to run automated tests during build process.

vitus
3/5/2004 8:09:45 AM
vitus@45.free.net (Victor Wagner) wrote:

>I do. I have WinXP installed under VMWare and run cygwin on it.
>No problem except dependency problems which trouble cygwin regarless of
>platform.
>
>As for wine, I doubt that there is any use for running cygwin under
>wine. If you have wine, it makes running Win32 executables (those which
>run) almost indistinguishable from running native Linux program.

HeHe.. Actually, I meant a Linux install on VMWare running on XP (over remote
desktop to a Win2K box through a VPN).  And on Linux, run cygwin under wine :)
But can I copy from notepad to the clipboard on the Win2K box and paste it into
cygwin's MUTT client..  that's the big question I have.

Anyways..  I think the OP should just delete the unix directory so he doesn't
view Tcl as a unix application and build from the win directory with a native
compiler such as microsoft's own VisualC++, which I believe they still support.
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
0
davygrvy (1376)

LOL, don't delete the unix directory!!!

SFU is 'UNIX', to all intents and purposes. I am sure there are all sorts of
legal and copyright quibbles arising from that statement, but to be honest,
as someone who just wants to gets the job done by the most convenient means
possible, that is the way I treat it.

I have Solaris 8, Redhat 9 and SFU 3.5 running on different machines on my
network, all executing parts of a large 'legacy' distributed application
orginally written back in the stone age for SunOS 4, and all compiling from
the same source code. The app is X Window System based, and makes extensive
use of Tcl as an embedded interpreter, and IWidgets/Tk as the GUI.

To be honest, Solaris is the OS that gives me the most compatibility
problems out of these three. I am still using the SparcWorks C compiler and
csh on that, whereas SFU and Redhat both support gcc and tcsh.

SFU is, to my mind, an absolute gem. It happily chunters away in the
background looking to the rest of my network like a fast UNIX machine while
I play Sims Online on the Windows desktop.

Adrian Bowen

Adrian Bowen <raptor@cix.co.uk> wrote:
> csh on that, whereas SFU and Redhat both support gcc and tcsh.

sorry for drifting OffTopic, but your mention of "csh" triggers something:
  <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/>

0
avl1 (2748)
3/5/2004 2:19:23 PM
According to Adrian Bowen <raptor@cix.co.uk>:
:To be honest, Solaris is the OS that gives me the most compatibility
:problems out of these three. I am still using the SparcWorks C compiler and
:csh on that, whereas SFU and Redhat both support gcc and tcsh.

So why not use gcc and tcsh on Solaris as well?

--
0
lvirden272 (610)
"Adrian Bowen" <raptor@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:<c29vgb$1kup$1@news.f.de.plusline.net>...
> Hi,
>
> LOL, don't delete the unix directory!!!
>
> SFU is 'UNIX', to all intents and purposes. I am sure there are all sorts of
> legal and copyright quibbles arising from that statement, but to be honest,
> as someone who just wants to gets the job done by the most convenient means
> possible, that is the way I treat it.

But when there is perfectly good NATIVE source code, why on earth
would someone rather build from the unix source for running in an
emulated environment?

What's keeping the OP in an emulated layer when Tcl builds just fine
to native?
0
davygrvy (1376)

I guess I would argue that since apps running in the SFU environment (or
more precisely the Interix subsystem component of it) use the POSIX system
API directly, they are as 'native' as anything else running under Windows.
The WIN32 and POSIX system interfaces built in to NT operate at the same
level, so there is no emulation involved. In fact, you can't mix WIN32 and
POSIX calls in the same process - you really are operating completely
independently of what we normally think of as being 'Windows'.

I think in terms of application interoperability within the Windows
environment, you are probably better off using an 'emulation' layer on top
of the WIN32 API such as Cygwin provides, however I suspect there is a
slight performance penalty here. If you're looking for a 'pure' UNIX-like
environment, then SFU is a viable alternative, particularly (as was pointed
out) because its officially supported by MS. It is surprisingly
fully-featured, too - threads, dynamic linking/loading etc.

> "Adrian Bowen" <raptor@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > LOL, don't delete the unix directory!!!
> >
> > SFU is 'UNIX', to all intents and purposes. I am sure there are all
sorts of
> > legal and copyright quibbles arising from that statement, but to be
honest,
> > as someone who just wants to gets the job done by the most convenient
means
> > possible, that is the way I treat it.
>
> But when there is perfectly good NATIVE source code, why on earth
> would someone rather build from the unix source for running in an
> emulated environment?
>
> What's keeping the OP in an emulated layer when Tcl builds just fine
> to native?

I knew the minute I typed that it was a foolish thing to say :) ...

Ummm, I have no good answer, apart from the fact that I'm lazy, and can't be
bothered to (a) find them and (b) install them. I guess I was trying to
convey an impression how surprising it was for me suddenly to find my Dell
laptop (previously reserved for game-playing and email duties) suddenly
looking more like a UNIX box than, well, a UNIX box. I should have chosen a
better example.

Adrian Bowen

<lvirden@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c2an4b$fch$2@srv38.cas.org...

> According to Adrian Bowen <raptor@cix.co.uk>:
> :To be honest, Solaris is the OS that gives me the most compatibility
> :problems out of these three. I am still using the SparcWorks C compiler
and
> :csh on that, whereas SFU and Redhat both support gcc and tcsh.
>
> So why not use gcc and tcsh on Solaris as well?
>
> --

Bug789040 came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5.
Dear All, Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Chengye Mao http://www.geocities.com/~chengye Chengye Mao wrote: > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Have you identified at what point it was reintroduced? Was the fix causing other issues and reverted, or simply reintroduced by accident? -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote in message news:<409EEDB5.40905@activestate.com>... > Chengye Mao wrote: > > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. > > Have you identified at what point it was reintroduced? Was the > fix causing other issues and reverted, or simply reintroduced by > accident? Reintroduced in rev. 1.41 of tclWinPipe.c in Feb, 2004. The bug was a missing space between tclpip.dll and...

difference between tcl 8.4.2 & 8.4.4
% exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or directory" Running on Win 98. Win XP is ok. Peter Campbell wrote: > % exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config > > This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 > What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. > > "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or directory" > > Running on Win 98. > Win XP is ok. This is a known bug that is already fixed. 8.4.5 will be out by the end of the week with this corrected. -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Hi Peter, Peter Campbell <pc@acs.co.nz> writes: > % exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config > > This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 > What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. > > "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or > directory" > > Running on Win 98. > Win XP is ok. This was discussed recently, check google. IIRC, this is a bug in 8.4.4, to be fixed in 8.4.5. benny ...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

Errors in building tcl 8.4.2 from source in Windows 2000
Hello, I am trying to build TCL 8.4.2 (thread enabled) from source in Windows 2000 and using mingw for that.I run configure enabling threads by configure --enable-threads.Then i run make command and getting following errors.Have anyone seen this errors before ,if so would you please suggest what to do? Thanks, Seena windres -o tclsh.res.o --include "c:\msys\src\tcl8.4.4\generic" --include "." "tclsh.rc" gcc -O tclAppInit.o libtcl84.a \ tclsh.res.o -o tclsh84.exe -mconsole tclAppInit.o(.text+0x8c):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_Main" tclAppInit.o(.text+0xc5):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_Init" tclAppInit.o(.text+0xee):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_AsyncCreate" tclAppInit.o(.text+0x103):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_CreateExitHandler" tclAppInit.o(.text+0x116):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_SetVar" tclAppInit.o(.text+0x142):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_Free" tclAppInit.o(.text+0x167):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_AsyncDelete" tclAppInit.o(.text+0x1e4):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_Alloc" tclAppInit.o(.text+0x2e6):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_Exit" tclAppInit.o(.text+0x308):tclAppInit.c: undefined reference to `_imp__Tcl_AsyncMark" make: *** [tclsh84.exe] Error 1 Seena schrieb: >...

Tcl 8.4.x & tcl-dp 4.0.x
Has anyone built tcl-dp 4.0.x on windows against Tcl 8.4.x ? Is it possible to get the windows dll and the source code with modifications? ...

TCL is not thread safer in TCL 8.3 or 8.4... Any plans to fix this?
It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced in 8.3 and 8.4 are problem as well. :( I have a process that spawn a configurable number of thread with a TCL intrepeter in each one. The interps are isolated and do not communicate or share anything withe each other. Each thread is a rule processor that is handed TCL scripts based on what events occurs within a multi process enviroment rnaing across the whole itnerprize... Works great with TCL 8.2, not a single problem... But with TCL 8.3 and TCL 8.4 we get quite a few run time errors and/or data corruption and core dumps that all leads back to TCL. :( Quite a shame! cwhooks@landacorp.com wrote: > It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this > problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced in 8.3 and 8.4 are > problem as well. :( What are the bug report ID numbers of the issues giving you trouble? -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Don Porter <dgp@email.nist.gov> wrote: > cwhooks@landacorp.com wrote: >> It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this >> problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced ...

Compatibility issues of Tcl/Tk 8.6 with windows 8...
Hi all, I am facing a strange compatibility issue between tcl/tk 8.6 and the windows 8 (at least the 64 bit version) operating system. The problem as observed from the user point of view is a general "sluggishness", the application is slow and painful to use. Timing various actions, I have found that there are unexplained delays from 1,5 to 3 seconds inserted between successive tcl commands, most around calling tcloo methods from outside the object. For example, I have a tcloo class, which builds some part of a GUI. From inside a method, I create a button: ttk::button $client_area.annotate -textvariable [my msgVar Annotate] \ -command "puts \"[clock format [clock seconds]]\" ; [self] onAnnotate" This class has an "onAnnotate" method (which the button command calls): method onAnnotate {} { puts "[clock format [clock seconds]]: =============== onAnnotate" ... } When I run the application, there is *always* a time delay of 1-3 seconds inserted between the first puts statement, and the second puts, which is the first command of method onAnnotate: Mon May 27 19:56:59 EEST 2013 Mon May 27 19:58:22 EEST 2013: =============== onAnnotate Mon May 27 19:56:59 EEST 2013 Mon May 27 19:58:54 EEST 2013: =============== onAnnotate However, this happens when I run the application under windows 8. Under windows 7, I don't see this delay, everything is much much faster ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

'lrange' differences in tcl 8.4 and 8.6
Hi, lrange works differently in tcl versions 8.4 and 8.6, if the output has only #. % info patch 8.4.13 % % set test {a "#"} a "#" % set testme [lrange $test 1 end] # % info patch 8.6.1 % set test2 {a "#"} a "#" % set testme [lrange $test2 1 end] {#} Is this an intentional change ? Most of our regression scripts are failing after upgrade to 8.6.1, as the regular expressions don't match, as lrange was earlier returning #, but after upgrade {#} Regards, Lucky Lucky Y <ylucki@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, >...

problem using blt 2.4 with tcl 8.4.19 on Windows
Hello, when using hiertable widget with blt 2.4 and wish8419 on Windows, I get the following error: bad cursor spec "@c:/perforce/CTAT/Windows/Environment/Tcl8419/lib/ blt2.4/treeview.cur" (database entry for "resizeCursor" in widget ".wxx.h") invoked from within "hiertable $wname.h -width 0 -yscrollcommand "$wname.vs set" - xscrollcommand "$wname.hs set" -selectmode multiple -hideroot yes " I'm able to use hierbox widget properly. It only happens with hiertable. Any ideas how to fix the problem above? Thank you very much for you inputs! ...

Tcl SOAP
OK - Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the following quesitons come to mind: Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? Anyone using it to provide Web Services? I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache (1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! Dave In article <e45f1db4.0405281105.8d1b86e@posting.google.com>, Dave Bigelow <davidhbigelow@simplifiedlogic.com> wrote: >OK - > >Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! > >The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the >following quesitons come to mind: > >Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? >Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? >Anyone using it to provide Web Services? > >I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this >is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache >(1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). > >Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! > >Dave Short answer: yes. What does "immediately" mean to you? What platforms interest you? I'm working with t...

Run Tcl from Windows Services for UNIX
I have Active Tcl 8.4 on a Windows XP machine and can run scripts fine. I was wondering if I can run Tcl scripts using Korn Shell scripts on Windows using the Windows Services for UNIX (which is a UNIX emulator environment on Windows platform, an extension to Microsoft's Interix Product). What settings will I need to configure for this to work? Thanks. holy_us wrote: > I have Active Tcl 8.4 on a Windows XP machine and can run scripts fine. > > > I was wondering if I can run Tcl scripts using Korn Shell scripts on > Windows using the Windows Services for UNIX (which is a UNIX emulator > environment on Windows platform, an extension to Microsoft's Interix > Product). What settings will I need to configure for this to work? Interix comes with a port of Tcl, should you want one "natively built" on that emulation platform. In any case, you should be able to use ActiveTcl just fine - it will still operate thinking in Windows terms (line endings being CRLF instead of LF), but it should work. -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos ...

TCL/TK 8.4 for Windows
Hi, How can I get the 8.4 version of TCL/TK installed to work with my version of Ruby? I have installed Ruby for windows, and it appears to be 1.8.1-10 Ruby with 8.3 TCL/TK - so no TkPanedWindows. x = TkPanedWindow.new(root) gives a invalid command name `panedwindow' (NameError) , in tk_call Or do I have another alternative? Many thanks Ian -- Ian - posting to a Newsgroup. Please remove everything to reply. Ian, If you download the ActiveTCL 8.4.4 source you should be able to compile it with MSVC. I have gotten this to work, but I have not gotten ActiveTCL8.4.5 to work. If ...

Possible bug in Tcl or Windows or Tcl on Windows
Hi, There seems to be a bug in the way numbers are compared in Tcl. Consider the below script for calculating Pythagorean triplets. For hypotenuse upto a value of 100, there should have been 63 unique triplets. On Windows XP the script detects only 62. The script doesn't detect the case where c=99, b=20 ==> a=101. However running the same script under Tcl 8.4.1 in Cygwin detects 63 triplets. I don't have a Linux machine at hand to test it there. Following is the script and relevant output. Could anyone shed some light on the cause of this. Maybe it has something to do with how the numbers are represented internally? Running the script for N>100 shows up many more such missed values. An equivalent program in C runs correctly on the same machine. C code was compiled using both gcc and VC++6.0. ######################################################################### # a^2 = b^2 + c^2 proc pythag {MAX} { set i 0 for {set c 2} {$c <= $MAX} {incr c} { for {set b 1} {$b < $c} {incr b} { set a [expr hypot($c, $b)] ;# Calc. Hypot if { ($c == 99) && ($b == 20)} { ;# <<<<<<<< puts ">> [expr round($a)] == $a" } if {[expr round($a)] == $a} { puts "$a : $b : $c" incr i } } } return $i } if {$argc == 1} { set MAX [lindex $argv 0] } else { puts stderr "Usage: tclsh $argv0 N" exit } puts [pythag $MAX] ############# OUTPUT ################ Tcl 8.4.1 (Cygwi...

tcl 8.4 binary for windows
Hi everyone, I use tcl 8.3 for several years now witouth any troubles. I have found recently a widget which enables to display a video signal, but unfortunately this widget only work with 8.4 tcl release. Does anyone know a binary version of tcl 8.4 for windows except the hevay loaded activetcl release ? Just something like "tcl832.exe" bianry file. Thaks a lot for your help, Cedric murlockc wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I use tcl 8.3 for several years now witouth any troubles. I have found > recently a widget which enables to display a video signal, but > unfortunately this widget only work with 8.4 tcl release. Does anyone > know a binary version of tcl 8.4 for windows except the hevay loaded > activetcl release ? Just something like "tcl832.exe" bianry file. > Thaks a lot for your help, > Cedric Have a look at tclkit [http://wiki.tcl.tk/tclkit] Mark murlockc wrote: > Does anyone > know a binary version of tcl 8.4 for windows except the hevay loaded > activetcl release ? What do you mean by "hevay loaded"? I presume you meant "heavy loaded"... but even then, I don't know what that means. Do you mean "a binary version of tcl 8.4 without other libraries"? That doesn't seem to be what you want - because you also mention widgets. So I would have to assume you also want Tk. So, maybe that's what you are asking - for Tcl and Tk, without all the other libraries? Well, in gen...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.3, Itcl 4.0.2, sqlite 3.8.7 Release Candidates
Release candidate downloads of the 8.6.3 releases of Tcl and Tk, Itcl 4.0.2, and sqlite 3.8.7 may now be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.3/ The actual releases of these files should come on October 29. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/...

Oratcl 4.4 : Tcl 8.5 tested against Oracle 11g (11.1.0.6.0) Linux x86
Hot off the press. Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. No special configurations required other than the traditional ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. -Todd On Aug 15, 3:45 pm, "thelf...@gmail.com" <thelf...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hot off the press. > > Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against > Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. > > No special configurations required other than the traditional > ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. > > -Todd Very cool...we are going to Blade servers at work but only 10g but it is good to know that it works with 11g as well. Robert P.S. Have you updated the Oratcl site lately? ; ) On Aug 15, 9:23 pm, Robert Hicks <sigz...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Aug 15, 3:45 pm, "thelf...@gmail.com" <thelf...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hot off the press. > > > Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against > > Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. > > > No special configurations required other than the traditional > > ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. > > > -Todd > > Very cool...we are going to Blade servers at work but only 10g but it > is good to know that it works with 11g as well. > > Robert > > P.S. Have you updated the Oratcl s...

freewrap with tcl/tk 8.6.4 ?
Where download freewrap with tcl/tk 8.6.4 ? ...

[tcl 8.6]
Hello all... I've just build 8.6 version of tcl with mingw64. Build is finished successf= ully, but during "make install" command i have access violation in tclsh ex= ecutable... After building with debugging support i've found, that access v= iolation occurs during zlib initialization in zlibVersion() function call..= .. Does anybody see this behaviour? ...

Tix support for TCL 8.4.6
Hi All I want to use latest/updated version oTix with TCL 8.4.6 (and TCL 8.5.x). I can see that Tix is maintained at two places. 1.http://tixlibrary.sourceforge.net (hosts Tix 8.2.x) 2.http://tix.sourceforge.net (hosts Tix 8.1.5 a2) I want to know which oone is latest and will work with tcl 8.4.6 (or tcl 8.5.x). I could see some new cvs updates HEAD branch of at http://tix.sourceforge.net to support TCL 8.4.x. Regards Akhilesh According to Akhilesh Dwivedi <akhilesh.dwivedi@fibcom.com>: :I want to use latest/updated version oTix with TCL 8.4.6 (and TCL :8.5.x). :I can see that Tix is maintained at two places. : :1.http://tixlibrary.sourceforge.net (hosts Tix 8.2.x) :2.http://tix.sourceforge.net (hosts Tix 8.1.5 a2) : :I want to know which oone is latest and will work with tcl 8.4.6 (or :tcl 8.5.x). : :I could see some new cvs updates HEAD branch of at :http://tix.sourceforge.net to support TCL 8.4.x. This is an interesting question. I've not had as many problems building Tix for 8.4.x as I have had building BLT. The situation with the two projects maintaining Tix is unfortunate. Even more unfortunate is that activity appears to be minimal and responses to postings to the Tix mailing lists appear to go unanswered many times. You might want to consider locating a different extension with similar functionality. -- <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ > In God we trust. Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 Release Announcement March 12, 2015 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site...

ANNOUNCE: Tmac 1.0
I happily offer this refined macro tool giving Tcl programmers more options to handle complex, tedious, and error prone application coding/config problems. - Roy ANNOUNCE: Tmac 1.0 - a macro preprocessor in Tcl for Tcl (8 December 2003) I've added various enhancements and fixes and bumped the release to 1.0 as I expect it to be stable at this point. Changes since the original release (0.1 in May 2003) - Fixed: several defects in parameter parsing when various quotes styles were nested. - Added: -proc option defines a filter macro and its proc in one step - Added: -oneline option takes out newlines in block macros allowing cleaner coding when wanting a command spread over several lines (can leave out the backslashes) - Added: "passtrick" -parse option to let single char delimiters escape themselves - Improved: expr parameter wrapping - Improved: GUI viewer/devel tool now has a compact vertical mode and can load macro definition files for browsing. Much more convenient for devel/test of single macros. - Added: Several files of example macros for strings, control structures, and wiki markup. Includes do/while, enhanced switch, etc. - Updated: Tests and docs to cover new features. The new Release is posted here www.tclbuzz.com/v0/tmac Feedback invited, Roy Terry -------------------------------------------------------- From the original announcement: I've created this Tcl packag...

tcl 8.4.4 change in behavior with WriteChars over 8.3.x
Can I get some input on the following problem: Tcl_WriteChars() no longer returns the correct number of bytes written to an output stream on Unix (I am running on a Sun Ultra30 with Solaris9, but it looks like the issue is generic to Unix. My brief Inspection of the tcl code shows that the actual return value is never checked for this routine, however, except for being non-negative. However, I am using tcl as an embedded shell in a C++ program which directs its output stream through a Tcl_Channel and uses Tcl_WriteChars as a replacement for the unix write() call, which returns the number of bytes written to the output device. It would be desirable to keep this emulation if possible. Exact problem: A string of the form \n<content>\n (of size N) gets represented by TranslateOutputEOL (tclIO.c, l.3107) as (ctrl-M)\n<content>(ctrl-M)\n which has size N+2 My previous version, tcl8.3.2 returned the value N as expected. Any comments appreciated. Cheers, Ben Dorman -- ============================================================ Dr Ben Dorman, Lead Programmer/Analyst, L-3 Com EER Systems XSPEC Development and Technical Support Laboratory for High Energy Astrophysics, NASA/GSFC Building 6/S124, Code 600.1, NASA/GSFC, Greenbelt MD 20771 ben.dorman@gsfc.nasa.gov Tel: 301-286-9261 Fax: 301-286-1498 http://xspec.gsfc.nasa.gov http://lheawww.gsfc.nasa.gov/users/dorman/xspec12 [posted and mailed] Ben Dorman <ben.dorman@gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote in...

USE_TCALLOC with tcl 8.4.16 source code
Has anyone noticed that when compiling tcl 8.4.16 source code with USE_TCLALLOC, you will get a compiling error on tclAlloc.c at line 325: variable "amount" is not defined? Obviously, the variable name should be amt to be consistent with variable "amt" defined at line 274. Minh On Oct 17, 11:56 pm, mxngu...@gmail.com wrote: > Has anyone noticed that when compiling tcl 8.4.16 source code with > USE_TCLALLOC, you will get a compiling error on tclAlloc.c at line > 325: variable "amount" is not defined? Obviously, the variable name > should be amt to be consistent with variable "amt" defined at line > 274. yes, bug 1800153, fixed in CVS on 23 Nov; my fault, stupid copy&paste bug introduced during backport from HEAD, apologies... http://rutherglen.ics.mq.edu.au/fisheye/changelog/Tcl?cs=core-8-4-branch:das:20070922154645 Cheers, Daniel ...

Web resources about - Tcl 8.4.6 Source - Compiling under Windows Services for Unix. - comp.lang.tcl

Cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Feds put protest activity under microscope in compiling national 'risk forecast'
Use of social media, the spread of "citizen journalism," and the involvement of young people are among the key trends highlighted by a federal ...

10 Tips For Compiling A Deal Sheet
Compiling a deal sheet is a great way of taking stock of your experience and of seeing where your experience may be lacking.

Compiling 64-Bit Code
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X.

Is there a benefit to compiling your code as you go?
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

6 cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Compiling The Absurd Box Score For Space Jam ; Or, Shawn Bradley Sucked Against Cartoons, Too
This is Regressing, a numbers-minded column by our clever friends at the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. Over the next few days, ...

We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us.
The United States has no database of police shootings. There is no standardized process by which officers log when they've discharged their weapons ...

Flat UI Pro Tutorial: Setting and Compiling Using LESS
In this video tutorial, you use components from Flat UI Pro to create a complete simple mail app using LESS. He takes you through the steps to ...

Industrious 4chan user is compiling a list of every videogame ever made
... me to enter a few hundreds of games into my Backloggery account , and I haven't even finished it yet. Ambitious 4chan user Data_baser is compiling ...