f



Tcl 8.4.x & tcl-dp 4.0.x

Has anyone built tcl-dp 4.0.x on windows against Tcl 8.4.x ? Is it
possible to get the windows dll and the source code with
modifications?
0
9/23/2004 12:13:33 AM
comp.lang.tcl 23429 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

0 Replies
761 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

Reply:

Similar Artilces:

tcl 8.4.4 change in behavior with WriteChars over 8.3.x
Can I get some input on the following problem: Tcl_WriteChars() no longer returns the correct number of bytes written to an output stream on Unix (I am running on a Sun Ultra30 with Solaris9, but it looks like the issue is generic to Unix. My brief Inspection of the tcl code shows that the actual return value is never checked for this routine, however, except for being non-negative. However, I am using tcl as an embedded shell in a C++ program which directs its output stream through a Tcl_Channel and uses Tcl_WriteChars as a replacement for the unix write() call, which returns the number of bytes written to the output device. It would be desirable to keep this emulation if possible. Exact problem: A string of the form \n<content>\n (of size N) gets represented by TranslateOutputEOL (tclIO.c, l.3107) as (ctrl-M)\n<content>(ctrl-M)\n which has size N+2 My previous version, tcl8.3.2 returned the value N as expected. Any comments appreciated. Cheers, Ben Dorman -- ============================================================ Dr Ben Dorman, Lead Programmer/Analyst, L-3 Com EER Systems XSPEC Development and Technical Support Laboratory for High Energy Astrophysics, NASA/GSFC Building 6/S124, Code 600.1, NASA/GSFC, Greenbelt MD 20771 ben.dorman@gsfc.nasa.gov Tel: 301-286-9261 Fax: 301-286-1498 http://xspec.gsfc.nasa.gov http://lheawww.gsfc.nasa.gov/users/dorman/xspec12 [posted and mailed] Ben Dorman <ben.dorman@gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote in...

difference between tcl 8.4.2 & 8.4.4
% exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or directory" Running on Win 98. Win XP is ok. Peter Campbell wrote: > % exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config > > This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 > What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. > > "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or directory" > > Running on Win 98. > Win XP is ok. This is a known bug that is already fixed. 8.4.5 will be out by the end of the week with this corrected. -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Hi Peter, Peter Campbell <pc@acs.co.nz> writes: > % exec $env(COMSPEC) /c net config > > This command now fails on Tcl 8.4.4 > What can I do instead? to run with either version of tcl and windows 98. > > "couldn't execute "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM": no such file or > directory" > > Running on Win 98. > Win XP is ok. This was discussed recently, check google. IIRC, this is a bug in 8.4.4, to be fixed in 8.4.5. benny ...

Ruby 1.8.0 and Mac OS X and Tcl/Tk 8.4 Aqua (not!)
My trials with Ruby and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X Ruby is 1.8.0 preview 7 Tcl/Tk 8.4 is the recent TclTk-Aqua build for that native OSX Aqua look Mac OS X is 10.2.3 (1) 'configure' wasn't finding Tcl/Tk, so I hacked up an OSX-only version of ext/tcltklib/extconf.rb with hard-coded parameters (which might be OK because of the frameworks) ========= # extconf.rb for tcltklib # HACKED for Mac OS X !!! require 'mkmf' if RUBY_PLATFORM !~ /mswin32|mingw|cygwin|bccwin32/ have_library("nsl", "t_open") have_library("socket&q...

mktclapp & Tcl/Tk 8.4.x
Hopefully somebody on the list can answer this... Is "mktclapp" fully compatible with Tcl/Tk 8.4.x ? and if not...are there plans to update it ? While wrapping an application which uses 8.4.9, I now get compiler warnings regarding incompatible pointer types (I suspect due to 8.4's const correctness) cheers Shaun -- Shaun Deacon SOCDEC, Fujitsu Microelectronics America phone: ++1 408 737 5627 [coins: 7933 75627] email: sdeacon@fma.fujitsu.com -- Shaun Deacon wrote: > Hopefully somebody on the list can answer this... > > Is "mktclapp" fully compatible with Tcl/Tk 8.4.x ? > and if not...are there plans to update it ? > > While wrapping an application which uses 8.4.9, I now > get compiler warnings regarding incompatible pointer > types (I suspect due to 8.4's const correctness) I believe that Richard abandoned the mktclapp effort in favor of starkits: http://wiki.tcl.tk/starkit. -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Jeff Hobbs wrote: > I believe that Richard abandoned the mktclapp effort in favor > of starkits: http://wiki.tcl.tk/starkit. Yes, I kind of anticipated this answer... and had already started thinking that starkits would be the way to go after sending the question. thanks, Shaun -- Shaun Deacon SOCDEC, Fujitsu Microelectronics America phone: ++1 408 737 5627 [coins: 7933 75627] email: sdea...@fma.fujitsu.com -- "Shaun Deacon" <sd...

ActiveState Tcl 8.4.4.0 and Tile 0.7.8 under Vista crashes
I am using Tcl/Tk 8.4.4.0 (because I want to also use BLT 2.4 and my understanding is that BLT will not run under 8.5), along with Tile 0.7.8 Tile loads OK under the 'package requires' command, but the first time I run a tile command (for example, creating a button), Vista crashes. ttk::button .b1 -text "Test" Is there a solution to this? I have searched comp.lang.tcl, but see no reference to this problem. Thanks On 4/8/11 10:09 PM, thoselaings wrote: > I am using Tcl/Tk 8.4.4.0 (because I want to also use BLT 2.4 and my > understanding is that BLT will not run under 8.5), along with Tile > 0.7.8 > > Tile loads OK under the 'package requires' command, but the first time > I run a tile command (for example, creating a button), Vista crashes. > ttk::button .b1 -text "Test" > > Is there a solution to this? I have searched comp.lang.tcl, but see no > reference to this problem. Most of the commonly used (particularly on Windows) used pieces of BLT have been reimplemented outside of BLT -- you may want to re-evaluate your use of BLT so you can move on to 8.5 or later. BLT is not in the cards going forward. Exactly what pieces of BLT are you using? -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net ...

Strange Problem with ActiveState Tcl 8.4 in MAC OS X 10.4
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select a source file when running wish in the GUI. Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. I am trying to load bcd396t.tcl source file but that is grayed out. I have tried changing the first few lines of the file that had some bash scripting in them. And translated the text from mac to unix and even tried windows code with the same results. It seems to occur after I edit a .tcl file and save it. The other normal tcl files that I can select have not been edited. If I run the bcd396t.tcl file from /usr/local/bin/wish bcd396t.tcl it works fine and there are no errors. I don't have any problems in Win32 XP/Vista or Linux Fedora/Ubuntu either. I just can't figure out what is graying out the file on Mac OS X. Does anyone have any ideas? -- Best Regards, Keith kilowattradio at gmail.com Keith wrote: > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg > > In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's > 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select > a source file when running wish in the GUI. > > Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. > > I am trying to load bcd396...

x = 0; x += ++x + x++; x == 4?
Hi, is this result defined by the standard? I'm just in a small "fight" with some workmates on this topic. So an answer from more involved people could help. Regards, Christian Christian Johannes Charbula wrote: > is this result defined by the standard? No. The second statement contains the expression in which the rules are broken. See the Standard, [expr]/4. > I'm just in a small "fight" with some workmates on this topic. So an > answer from more involved people could help. Never fight your workmates. It's detrimental to your career. V -- ...

Berkeley-db 4.1.25 and Tcl 8.4.4.0
Can anyone tell me what modifications need to be made in order to compile with Tcl APIs support for release 4.1.25 for win_32? From the docs it seems that the current release was written for Tcl 8.3d. I tried to modify the db_tcl project and compile the db_test project in debug mode. It compiled without errors, but when I ran the test suite every test failed. I am using a Visual Studio .NET beta 2. (P.S. the java example seemed to work so it seems as if I'm missing something in regards to linking the correct files for Tcl support. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Mike Bass bass_michael@hotmail.com (Michael Bass) wrote in message news:<f2f8621e.0308161308.31c344de@posting.google.com>... > Can anyone tell me what modifications need to be made in order to > compile with Tcl APIs support for release 4.1.25 for win_32? > > From the docs it seems that the current release was written for Tcl > 8.3d. I tried to modify the db_tcl project and compile the db_test > project in debug mode. It compiled without errors, but when I ran the > test suite every test failed. I am using a Visual Studio .NET beta 2. > (P.S. the java example seemed to work so it seems as if I'm missing > something in regards to linking the correct files for Tcl support. > > Mike Bass Hi Mike, Do you mean, what modifications have to be made to support Tcl 8.4.4.0 on Berkeley DB 4.1.25? You'd actually have to c...

Prblm with Tomcat 4.1.x & 5.x (but 4.0.x works)
Dear subscribers I've tried to get Tomcat 4.1.x or 5.x to work on my FreeBSD 5.3 server, unfortunately without success so far. The problem seems to be with the Tomcat's bootstrap code. Whenever I start Tomcat, using the startup.sh script, I get the following error, pasted below, in the Catalina.out log. Note that it seems like the 4.0.x version works fine although I haven't done any extensive testing, i.e. just tried the default page at localhost:8080. This exception is thrown when starting Tomcat: java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112) at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:127) at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:65) at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java:1082) at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLoader.java:200) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:140) Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal: java...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

ANNOUNCE: Tmac 1.0
I happily offer this refined macro tool giving Tcl programmers more options to handle complex, tedious, and error prone application coding/config problems. - Roy ANNOUNCE: Tmac 1.0 - a macro preprocessor in Tcl for Tcl (8 December 2003) I've added various enhancements and fixes and bumped the release to 1.0 as I expect it to be stable at this point. Changes since the original release (0.1 in May 2003) - Fixed: several defects in parameter parsing when various quotes styles were nested. - Added: -proc option defines a filter macro and its proc in one step - Added: -oneline option takes out newlines in block macros allowing cleaner coding when wanting a command spread over several lines (can leave out the backslashes) - Added: "passtrick" -parse option to let single char delimiters escape themselves - Improved: expr parameter wrapping - Improved: GUI viewer/devel tool now has a compact vertical mode and can load macro definition files for browsing. Much more convenient for devel/test of single macros. - Added: Several files of example macros for strings, control structures, and wiki markup. Includes do/while, enhanced switch, etc. - Updated: Tests and docs to cover new features. The new Release is posted here www.tclbuzz.com/v0/tmac Feedback invited, Roy Terry -------------------------------------------------------- From the original announcement: I've created this Tcl packag...

Will Ruby 1.8.2 include tcl/tk 8.4.x instead of 8.3?
Will Ruby 1.8.2 release come with tcl/tk 8.4.7 libraries? Thanks. Hi, From: "H. Simpson" <nospam@asdlkfjhasldkjfsadlfhskadjfahsldfks.com> Subject: Will Ruby 1.8.2 include tcl/tk 8.4.x instead of 8.3? Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:01:40 +0900 Message-ID: <HwmPc.1858$Z56.480@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com> > Will Ruby 1.8.2 release come with tcl/tk 8.4.7 libraries? Is that a binary package of Ruby 1.8.2 ? If you say about source files, Ruby/Tk can work with Tcl/Tk8.4.7. I already tested that Ruby/Tk works with Tcl/Tk8.4.7 and 8.5a1 (and ActiveTcl-8.4.6.1 binary package). U...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 > tag. There is no tag for this version. But you can use a date. cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@incrtcl.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/incrtcl -z3 co -P -D 2010-10-28 incrTcl > > Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding > iwidgets? Itk is inside itcl sources. cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@incrtcl.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/incrtcl -z3 co -P -D 2010-10-28 iwidgets HTH rene Thanks. Andres >> I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. >> >> I looked at: >> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... >> >> But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 >> tag. The released sources for Itcl 3.4.1 were not developed in SF CVS. SF CVS got abandoned during the January...

TCL is not thread safer in TCL 8.3 or 8.4... Any plans to fix this?
It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced in 8.3 and 8.4 are problem as well. :( I have a process that spawn a configurable number of thread with a TCL intrepeter in each one. The interps are isolated and do not communicate or share anything withe each other. Each thread is a rule processor that is handed TCL scripts based on what events occurs within a multi process enviroment rnaing across the whole itnerprize... Works great with TCL 8.2, not a single problem... But with TCL 8.3 and TCL 8.4 we get quite a few run time errors and/or data corruption and core dumps that all leads back to TCL. :( Quite a shame! cwhooks@landacorp.com wrote: > It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this > problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced in 8.3 and 8.4 are > problem as well. :( What are the bug report ID numbers of the issues giving you trouble? -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Don Porter <dgp@email.nist.gov> wrote: > cwhooks@landacorp.com wrote: >> It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this >> problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced ...

Bug789040 came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5.
Dear All, Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Chengye Mao http://www.geocities.com/~chengye Chengye Mao wrote: > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Have you identified at what point it was reintroduced? Was the fix causing other issues and reverted, or simply reintroduced by accident? -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote in message news:<409EEDB5.40905@activestate.com>... > Chengye Mao wrote: > > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. > > Have you identified at what point it was reintroduced? Was the > fix causing other issues and reverted, or simply reintroduced by > accident? Reintroduced in rev. 1.41 of tclWinPipe.c in Feb, 2004. The bug was a missing space between tclpip.dll and...

Tcl compiler for version 8.4.x?
I've been looking for a Tcl compiler and see that Tcl Pro supports up through Tcl 8.3. I then see a Tcl Dev Kit that's not free but does a lot of very nice things and does include a Tcl compiler for 8.4.x. Is there any open source Tcl compiler for 8.4 that is free of charge? Ken Roser wrote: > I've been looking for a Tcl compiler and see that Tcl Pro supports up > through Tcl 8.3. I then see a Tcl Dev Kit that's not free but does a > lot of very nice things and does include a Tcl compiler for 8.4.x. > > Is there any open source Tcl compiler for 8.4 that is free of charge? AFAIK the Tcl Dev Kit is the only one available. You should really give the Tcl Dev Kit a try. With all the applications, I hope that you will see the price is relatively small for the value. -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Jeff Hobbs wrote: > Ken Roser wrote: > >> I've been looking for a Tcl compiler and see that Tcl Pro supports up >> through Tcl 8.3. I then see a Tcl Dev Kit that's not free but does a >> lot of very nice things and does include a Tcl compiler for 8.4.x. >> >> Is there any open source Tcl compiler for 8.4 that is free of charge? > > > AFAIK the Tcl Dev Kit is the only one available. You should really > give the Tcl Dev Kit a try. With all the applications, I hope that > you will see the price is relatively small for the val...

Oratcl 4.4 : Tcl 8.5 tested against Oracle 11g (11.1.0.6.0) Linux x86
Hot off the press. Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. No special configurations required other than the traditional ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. -Todd On Aug 15, 3:45 pm, "thelf...@gmail.com" <thelf...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hot off the press. > > Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against > Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. > > No special configurations required other than the traditional > ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. > > -Todd Very cool...we are going to Blade servers at work but only 10g but it is good to know that it works with 11g as well. Robert P.S. Have you updated the Oratcl site lately? ; ) On Aug 15, 9:23 pm, Robert Hicks <sigz...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Aug 15, 3:45 pm, "thelf...@gmail.com" <thelf...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hot off the press. > > > Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against > > Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. > > > No special configurations required other than the traditional > > ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. > > > -Todd > > Very cool...we are going to Blade servers at work but only 10g but it > is good to know that it works with 11g as well. > > Robert > > P.S. Have you updated the Oratcl s...

Tcl SOAP
OK - Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the following quesitons come to mind: Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? Anyone using it to provide Web Services? I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache (1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! Dave In article <e45f1db4.0405281105.8d1b86e@posting.google.com>, Dave Bigelow <davidhbigelow@simplifiedlogic.com> wrote: >OK - > >Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! > >The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the >following quesitons come to mind: > >Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? >Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? >Anyone using it to provide Web Services? > >I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this >is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache >(1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). > >Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! > >Dave Short answer: yes. What does "immediately" mean to you? What platforms interest you? I'm working with t...

Tcl evaluation issue (bug?) in 8.4.x
The following script produces no error with any of Tcl 8.3.5, 8.4.7, or 8.4.16 (either as shown or using /usr/bin/tcl): ---------------------------------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/tclsh if {0 && 1} { [llength] } ---------------------------------------------------------------- But if you do the same thing interactively, errors are produced with Tcl 8.4.7/8.4.16 but NOT with tcl 8.3.5. The issue appears to be that the [llength] is being evaluated, even though it doesn't seem like it should be. Here's the output with Tcl 8.4.x: ---------------------------------------------------------------- $ /usr/bin/tclsh % if {0 && 1} { [llength] } wrong # args: should be "llength list" $ /usr/bin/tcl tcl>if {0 && 1} { [llength] } Error: wrong # args: should be "llength list" ---------------------------------------------------------------- But 8.3.5 produces no error for tclsh or tcl. So something changed from Tcl 8.3.5 to Tcl 8.4.x that's causing this to behave differently. What's going on? Is this a bug, or a feature? It strikes me as a bug no matter what, since it could potentially be very harmful if the statement within the condition were something more damaging. (BTW, this is just a minimal example intended to illustrate the behavior; the actual problem is occurring under AOLserver 4.5.0 + Tcl 8.4.16, which would seem to imply that the way AOLserver handles its scripts is somehow analogous to the ...

MapRequest event in Tcl/Tk 8.4.x
Hi, I've read about the new features in Tcl/Tk that allow widgets to be bound to MapRequest events (all or part of Tip # 47 was built in the Tcl core for this). When trying to make something like a window manager (running on top of the X Window System in Linux), the root window must be converted into a Tk window structure, which allows a script to bind the event to that Tk window, so that newly mapped windows will generate the map request. Using examples found on Donald K. Fellows' homepage, I managed to capture this event and embed a native X Window System window into a Tk frame. But is this really the way to do that? My question is: is there a mechanism to start "wish" as the window manager (from ~/.Xsession or /etc/X11/xinit/xinit.rc) and just use pure Tcl/Tk code to implement a window manager in Tcl/Tk 8.4.x? Cheers, Gerard Gerard wrote: > My question is: > is there a mechanism to start "wish" as the window manager (from > ~/.Xsession or /etc/X11/xinit/xinit.rc) and just use pure Tcl/Tk code > to implement a window manager in Tcl/Tk 8.4.x? TIP #47 didn't make Tk into a window manager. What it *did* was to add just enough functionality that a C extension can be a window manager without having to patch the Tk core - something that wasn't possible prior to 8.4. It also let Tk embed foreign applications by appearing to them as a window manager would. Several people, over the years, have released Tk-based window man...

Installing TDK 4.0.4 trial with Tcl 8.5.1...
Hi all, In my system, I got: Initialize TclApp TAP search preferences # c:\program files (x86)\tcl\lib\tcl8.5 # c:\program files (x86)\tcl\lib Locate an ActiveTcl 8.4.9.1+ installation for use by the Tcl Dev Kit demos. The Tcl Dev Kit demos are impaired and will not work. They rely on the presence of a suitable installation of ActiveTcl (8.4.9.1+). Such an installation was not found. Is this normal? I have 8.5, why the requirement 8.4.9.1+ is not satisfied? Then the TDK installer continues with: Extending the registry ... Adding recognition of .tpj files ... Adding recognition of .tap files ... Adding recognition of .tdk files ... Adding recognition of .txr files ... Adding "C:\Program Files (x86)\TclDevKit\bin" to your executable path ... Adding ".tcl" to your pathext ... (".tcl" already in your pathext) Register uninstaller in system * No bwidget package found in selected ActiveTcl * No tcllib package found in selected ActiveTcl * No Img package found in selected ActiveTcl Another wrong result. In my wish, I get the following: (bin) 1 % package req BWidget 1.8 (bin) 2 % package req Img 1.3 And finally some more errors (which I relate to the inability to install correctly under vista 64): Creating program group "ActiveState Tcl Dev Kit 4.0.4" ... ERROR: remote server cannot handle this command ERROR: remote server cannot handle this command ERROR: remote server cannot handle this command ERROR: remote server can...

& # 4 0 ; & # 4 4 3 0 5 ; & # 4 4 2 5 6 ; & # 4 1 ;��������� ARS���� �����ؿ�(����)
<HTML> <HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=ks_c_5601-1987" http-equiv=Content-Type> <STYLE> p, font, span { line-height:120%; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; }</STYLE> </HEAD><BODY> <TABLE borderColor=#cccccc width=629 borderColorLight=#cccccc border=1> <TBODY> <TR> <TD width=619 height=67> <P align=center><FONT face=����><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><IMG src="http://www.ezbizi.com/ezbizi/home_img/daechul_01.gif"></SPAN></FONT></P>&l...

& # 4 0 ; & # 4 4 3 0 5 ; & # 4 4 2 5 6 ; & # 4 1 ;��������� ARS���� �����ؿ�(����)@
<HTML> <HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=ks_c_5601-1987" http-equiv=Content-Type> <STYLE> p, font, span { line-height:120%; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; }</STYLE> </HEAD><BODY> <p>&nbsp;</p> <P>&nbsp;</P> <p>&nbsp;</p> </BODY> </HTML> ...

& # 4 0 ; & # 4 4 3 0 5 ; & # 4 4 2 5 6 ; & # 4 1 ;@��������� ARS���� �����ؿ�@(����)
<HTML> <HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=ks_c_5601-1987" http-equiv=Content-Type> <STYLE> p, font, span { line-height:120%; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; }</STYLE> </HEAD><BODY> <table border="1" width="629" bordercolor="#cccccc" bordercolorlight="#cccccc"> <tr> <td width="619" height="67"> <p align="center"><font face="����"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"></span></font></p...

Web resources about - Tcl 8.4.x & tcl-dp 4.0.x - comp.lang.tcl

Resources last updated: 3/13/2016 7:01:19 PM