Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?

Hi all,

I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any
tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ?

Regards,
Prabu.K

prabu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any
> tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ?
>
> Regards,
> Prabu.K

hi,

try:
source your_other_tcl_file.tcl

cheers,
Tobi
0
hi1960 (18)

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script? #2
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? You're probably looking for the "source" command. Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The command "load" is for binary shared libraries. -- Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." Thanks Darren. But what my need is that I am writing a tcl script which is going to take any tcl script as input and should return the output of the file. How can I do that? Regards, Prabu Darren New wrote: > prabu wrote: > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > You're probably looking for the "source" command. > > Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The > command "load" is for binary shared libraries. > > -- > Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) > Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, > and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." On 17 Dec 2006 21:16:16 -0800, "prabu" <catchme.prabu@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Dar...

TCL C API: receiving command from a script or from tcl command line ?
Hello, TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script file thanks to the command "source filename". I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or directly from the shell ? Thanks, Fabrice Hi Fabrice, "fabrice" writes: > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my > own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script > or directly from the shell ? You can look at the variable tcl_interactive to distinguish the two modes. Note: It usually seems not a good idea to change the behaviour of your functions between use in a program (production mode) and interactive use (usually for experimentation and debugging). It's confusing for the users and it may make it difficult or impossible to reproduce some kinds of problems interactively. If you want to add more debug output in interactive mode, you can always add additional commands and flags for that purpose. benny fabrice wrote: > Hello, > > TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script > file thanks to the command "source filename". > > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own > commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or > directly from the shell ? You could look at how the 'tcl_interactive' variable is set up and u...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script I have written is. I have named it TCLPIPETEST.tcl #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] gets $fd tmp1 puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "abcdef" } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } I have given all permissions for both the files above. When i execute the Tcl script My aim is to open a pipe with the 'C' executable 'ctcl', initially read so...

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ======================= Gogo12 wrote: > > Hi > I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate > these files > Ex . > ============================== > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > End > ================================= > > Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded > tcl script into a new file > For example > > this is a source file > ======================== > Start > * set i 0 > * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { > * puts input a [$i] wire > * } > End > ========================== > > After Translate > ======================= > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > ...

In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?
In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, such as, exit. I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got nothing feedback. How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Thanx! vian1381@china.com.cn wrote: > In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control > all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, > such as, exit. > > I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, > I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got > nothing feedback. Your questions are hard to understand, but they suggest that you believe that setting a custom stdin channel will do some magic to establsh a prompt/read/eval loop. That is not the case. > How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Start with something that works, like the source code for tclsh, and adapt to your needs. Or post a followup and include more code examples to explain what you're doing and how it doesn't do what you expect. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |_____________________________________...

Tcl+incr Tcl debuggers to use on command line?
Hi, Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Thanks On 10/11/14, 9:46 PM, kenneth.bull@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? > That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Well, the debugger in ActiveState's TDK does not need a bundled IDE and it works with [incr Tcl] -- but it is a GUI application not a command line one. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. L...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

tcl application with tcl application

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > > I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of > tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in > tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. > > Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different > results!!! Why did this happens?? > > Thanks, > Ahmad The interactive Tcl shell has access to external functionality that a running script doesn't. That's done to make the interactive environment easier to work with. What, specifically, is the command sequence you're issuing in both cases? Jeff Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I've a tcl script that finally creates a certain script, that is when I run from shell using "calibredrv -gui <certainRunScript>" from command line it do exactly what I expect. I have tried two scenarios of trials, and only one of...

How does the Tcl interpret handle results returned from C-created Tcl commands ?
I've ventured on creating a Tcl command trough a C routine. I've followed the manual guidelines. My C routine checks the validity of a selected option for the currently displayed histogram. Therefore it returns a Boolean value that, according to the C <-> Tcl communucation protocol, I have encoded as TCL_ERROR (= FALSE) and TCL_OK (TRUE). WHenthis command is called in a Tcl proc, the interpreter is supposed to perform two different actions according to the returned Boolean value. How can I fetch this returned Boolean result (TCL_ERROR/ TCL_OK) from the Tcl proc that executes the C-created command ? What if I wrote 1 (FALSE) or 0 (TRUE) in a string and have the C routine return this 1-character string ? Would it be easier to get the result of the teest from the caling TCL proc ? Please, find in the following the code that implements (according to my best resolution) the C-created command and the callind Tcl proc. Thank you, Maura ************************************************************************************************************* * C routine * ************************************************************************************************************* static int check_hist_aint_option_cb( ClientData clientData, Tcl_Interp *interp, int argc, char *argv[] ) { int i; if ( hg.active_ &...

tcl hangs on exit for multiple open calls from within same tcl script
Hi, I am looking to run a couple of processes in parallel. But a strange hang = occurs randomly. I am invoking two tcl commands using open in parallel. Now= after a while one of the process would just hang indefinitely which I am n= ot able to understand why. The issue is easily reproducible on win 2008 ser= ver and other multi core machines. Am I doing something wrongly? What is th= e best way to do this? To reproduce, you just have to create the files and run loop.bat. You shoul= d see the hang within 15-20 minutes. Following are the files I am using=20 ******** loop.bat ****** @echo off :loop tclsh 1.tcl goto loop ***************** Contents of file 1.tcl ***************** #!/bin/sh #DO NOT CHANGE THOSE 3 FIRST LINES \ exec tclsh $0 "$@" set status [catch { exec tclsh 2.tcl } outcmd] puts $outcmd exit 0 ******* Contents of file 2.tcl ***** #!/bin/sh #DO NOT CHANGE THOSE 3 FIRST LINES \ exec tclsh $0 "$@" set cmd1 "tclsh 6.tcl &" set cmd2 "tclsh 5.tcl &" set out1 "" set out2 "" proc isProcessDone { channel logText } { gets $channel currentline while {[eof $channel] =3D=3D 0} { set logText "$logText\n $currentline" gets $channel currentline } return $logText } puts "hi" set imChannel1 [open "| $cmd1"] puts "hi1 $imChannel1" set imChannel2 [open "| $cmd2"] puts...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Does anyone have a Tcl Script which does a Multi Part File Upload to web site ( TCL CGI )
Hello all, I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... Any help is appreciated, Thank you for the help, Sean - HeliHobby.com Sean wrote: > Hello all, > > I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server > which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... > > Any help is appreciated, > > Thank you for the help, > > Sean - HeliHobby.com I use ncgi for ths (from tcllib). It rocks! high quality code that never fails. For instance the file upload...

Web resources about - Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script? - comp.lang.tcl

Mark Boslough: Using Prediction Markets to Evaluate Various Global Warming Hypotheses - YouTube
Using Prediction Markets to Evaluate Various Global Warming Hypotheses Mark Boslough, Sandia National Laboratories mbboslo@sandia.gov Intrade ...

Govt will 're-evaluate' after Harper review
Bruce Bilson says the government will evaluate 'current approaches' to improve services for the public.

Jarryd Hayne's new San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly to 'evaluate everybody'
Jarryd Hayne will have to endure a nervous few months as new coach Chip Kelly evaluates every player on the San Francisco 49ers' roster.

Teachers re-evaluate value of video games
Although most homes have video games there's been a lot of resistance to them entering the classroom, but that's changing as teachers recognise ...

Forensic psychologist Dr Lisa Warren evaluates threat of patients who promise to kill
The young man seated opposite forensic psychologist Dr Lisa Warren was showing all the warning signs.

Schapelle Corby: Indonesia evaluates Channel Seven story for parole breach
Indonesia evaluates a story on Schapelle Corby to determine if her parole conditions have been broken.

Uber pushes Canadian cities to re-evaluate taxi industry
The advent of competition and new technologies is forcing politicians across Canada to re-evaluate their cities' taxi industries and to wonder ...

Sask. premier calls on PM to re-evaluate Syrian refugee plan
Wall calls on Trudeau to pump the brakes on a plan to 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by the end of the year amid heightened security concerns. ...

Taobao evaluates cities on buying power
The country's largest online-shopping platform has placed about 2,600 cities among six levels based on their economic strength and online purchasing ...

China must evaluate friends and enemies
China must evaluate friends and enemies People's Daily Online Since 2013, China has been engaging in "major power" diplomacy. In the past, ...