tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access

Hello everyone,

There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for
their database within TCL.  Somehow this was overlooked:
http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html

It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases.

One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but
for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent
solution, while TDBC is being developed.
0
vitick (192)

One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just
fine on Windows  connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which,
in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What
doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is
sqlrelay running on Windows.
0
vitick (192)

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

Entreprise Manager error message: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '#####'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.(28000,18452)"
Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and what needs to be done to get a connection. I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed. I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt. Thanks in advance! In the future, please do not put part of your message in the subject line. Makes it harder to read. In any case, you're trying to do integrated login and don't have that login set up in the DB. You need to add that login, or change to a SQL Login. -- Greg Moore SQL...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

"MySql 5" or "SQL Server 2005 Express"?
Hi everyone, do you have any experience using "MySql 5" (with MySql jdbc connector) or "SQL Server 2005 Express" (with jtds connector http://jtds.sf.net) as database-engine in a java web application? I have to choose one of them for a commercial web application that is database-indipendent but I've not idea what is the best (consider that the application server and database server are the same Ms Windows machine). Thanks in advance, D. D. wrote: > Hi everyone, > do you have any experience using "MySql 5" (with MySql jdbc connector) or > "SQL Server 2005 Express" (with jtds connector http://jtds.sf.net) as > database-engine in a java web application? > > I have to choose one of them for a commercial web application that is > database-indipendent but I've not idea what is the best (consider that the > application server and database server are the same Ms Windows machine). > > Thanks in advance, > D. > > > If your application will be database independent, why not try them both and see which suites better? OK, I know, but it was just suggestion. I have not used Mysql with JDBC much, but what I have heard from others, there might be some problems with it (mainly memory problems). But, if you can avoid the problems and if your application mainly reads the database, Mysql (with MyIsam database) is quite fast. Have you considered Oracle&...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Has "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", and "Critical" Flaw

"Microsoft SQL Servers" not showing in Computer Management.
Hi there, Got a small tech support problem. We gave our manual writer an installer that should install SQL Server (MSDE) and our software. Over the phone I've managed to ascertain that SQL Server is installed (it is running as a service, along with SQL Server Agent), but it does not show up in "Computer Management -> Services and Applications". I need to set the permissions for this user (over the phone!) in order to get our test software to work and yet it does not show here. What am I doing wrong? (and/or why would the MSDE instance not show up here?). Thanks, ...

"Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file..."
I'm trying to EXPORT the results of a query to a CSV file. I've been doing this, using different queries, for WEEKS, with no problems. This file always thinks that the resulting export file is already opened, but the file resides on my hard drive, and I get the error even if I delete the file and start from scratch. I'm not doing this via programming; just FILE > EXPORT. Any ideas? Thanks Let me add that, if I replace all the "NULL AS..." fields in my query with "" as... the export works. HOWEVER, I have about 10 other queries that do this, with "...

Two Fortune articles: "Gates without Microsoft" & "Microsoft without Gates"

what is the different between "oracle" and "mysql"?
what is the differnent between them? thanks! "nick" <i141802596@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dlmfj7$u8g$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk... > what is the differnent between them? > > thanks! Have you gone to the two web sites and read the literature? Jim > what is the differnent between them? Well, one string is 6 bytes long; the other 5. And diff finds the difference between the strings thus: cbbrowne@mobile:~> echo "oracle" > oracle cbbrowne@mobile:~> echo "mysql" > mysql cbbrowne@mobile:~> diff oracle...

Windows 2000 Server "Opening" an Access XP Database?
Through the Access LDB viewer (MS tool used to "see" who is using an Access database) we are seeing one of our Windows 2000 servers in the as a "listed user." For those that do not know: A "LDB" is a file created by MS Access when 1 or more users open an Access database in "non-exclusive" mode. The "LDB" file exists for the duration of database sessions. During that time the "LDB" file cannot be removed. In detail: We start with a single database file (.mdb) and no LDB file located on a "Freshly rebooted" Windows 2K Server...

"When Microsoft lovers bash Microsoft"
Subject line says it all, really ... http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS5876967065.html Richard Rasker -- Linetec Translation and Technology Services http://www.linetec.nl/ Richard Rasker wrote: > Subject line says it all, really ... > > http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS5876967065.html If you have a rootkit on your system there is no safe way out but to reinstall from a known good source. Does not matter which OS it is. It was on Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:28:08 +0200 when Richard Rasker posted this: > Subject line says it all, really ... > > http://www.linux-watch.com...

Old: Microsoft's PR "Spooks"/"Spies"/"Owners"/"Buddies"
Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks" ,----[ Quote ] | San Jose Mercury technology reporter Dan Gilmore recently discovered he's | been assigned a special "owner" at one of Microsoft's public relations firms, | Waggener-Edstrom. These spin-masters are attached to troublesome journalists | like Gilmore who have the temerity to write uncomplimentary articles about | the company or its products. | | The really irksome reporters, according to documents spirited from the | Waggener-Edstrom offices, are also assigned "buddies" at Microsoft itself. |...

"No value given for one or more required parameters. Microsoft JET Database Engine"
I've a problema when I try to Update then changed elements in my database. In myForm I've two combobox that works on arraylist and there are no problems, I think. public sub update Dim DSModified As DataSet DSModified = DSResults.GetChanges() If Not DSModified Is Nothing Then Try DA.Update(DSModified, DSModified.Tables(0).TableName) DSResults.AcceptChanges() Catch e As Exception MessageBox.Show(e.Message & " " & e.Source) End Try End If end sub The problem beg...

[News] [Rival] "Microsoft Gags its Evangelists", Former Microsoft Employees Expose Microsoft

Choosing "a SQL" or "an SQL"
When I say SQL outloud, I vary how I pronounce it depending on the audience and my mood. I think that SQL Server and Oracle folks say "sequel" while MySQL folks and those using the term related to industry standards or separate from any particular tool are more apt to pronounce it "es-q-el." Is this accurate? How do DB2 folks say it? What other groups pronounce it which way? I'm starting to write and am trying to figure out whether to write "a SQL statement" or "an SQL statement." I get 1.96 million google hits on an-sql and 2.3 milli...

Microsoft "Support Engineer"
My brother was recently issued an HP ProBrook 6450b laptop running XP (like many corporations who buy Windows 7 licenses but still run XP). The Brightness key wouldn't work and the screen was always too bright -- so he went searching for answers and found the following exchange at answers.microsoft.com. http://tinyurl.com/3ua22no ~~ Question How to adjust the brightness on my HP ProBook 6455b running XP? I have a new HP Probook 6455b - Running XP. The screen brightness default setting is at 100% - which is way too high. I attempted to FN+F8 and FX +F9 to adjust the brigh...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table"with key matching field(s)"
Please can you help me with this problem: In the next form, when I Add new person who is not registered in the base I had the massage: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'CLAN' with key matching field(s) JMBG. The question is: How to add data for the unregistered visitors in the next fields: JMBG (unique person number);(translation) STATUS; IME (name); PREZIME (surname); GRAD (town); UPLACENO (payment) NAPOMENA (comment) If you want I can send mdb.zip. Thank you very much. ...

"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"
Hello. Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? For example: -----part of /etc/mail/access----- ClientConn:192.168.1 1 ClientRate:192.168.1 1 Connect:192.168.1 RELAY ----------------------------------- -- Regards, Sergey Sergey wrote: > Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? > For example: > ClientConn:192.168.1 1 > ClientRate:192.168.1 1 > Connect:192.168.1 RELAY See cf/README. Connect:cy...

[News] [Rival] "Microsoft" and "Vista" Are Fading

Help on "Connect to an Analysis Services database" when configure SQL Server 2008 for Office 2007 Data Mining Add-Ins
Hi All, I am trying to configure SQL Server 2008 for Office 2007 Data Mining Add-Ins, but got stuck on the very first step - Connect to an Analysis Services database. I have a SQL Server 2008 running with Analysis Services and it is using SQL Server authentication. In the Step 1 window, I entered the server name in the Server Name book, and clicked next. It returned a message that says "Unable to connect to server 'XX'. Please make sure user 'Computer_name\Log_in_name' has at least read permission to some database on the server." 'XX' is my...

sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (ProgrammingError) ('42000', "[42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]'f2f68'
=======================case1==============================: import sqlalchemy test1 = "631f2f68-8731-4561-889b-88ab1ae7c95a" cmdTest1 = "select * from analyseresult where uid = " + test1 engine = sqlalchemy.create_engine("mssql+pyodbc://DumpResult:123456@localhost/DumpResult") c = engine.execute(cmdTest1) ======================case2===============================: import sqlalchemy test2 = "123" cmdTest2 = "select * from analyseresult where uid = " + test2 engine = sqlalchemy.create_engine("mssql+pyodbc://DumpResult:123456@loca...

"Microsoft Access has stopped working"
Hi, Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit. A client reported this last week and the good thing (I suppose) is that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usually). I have a form with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it. Here is how I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the subject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup location). I open up the room calendar and leave it open. I can click on it, scroll, rebuild it, whatever. I then open up a particular form (it seems to be the only one that is causing the crash). I save a record, close the form. Then when I click back on the calendar form, it usually crashes Access. I have tried to go into debug mode for both forms but nothing. I don't even get the chance to step through anything. I feel helpless to fix this! There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to try and solve the problem. I contacted the vendor of the calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is. No reports of this happening to any of their clients. I looked at the Windows event log and it lists this error: Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp: 0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000005 I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems appropriate (or really anything at all). This is happening on my PC, 3 of a clients PC,...

[News] Microsoft Magazine on "Crazy Ivan" (Microsoft)
The Crazy Ivan [Microsoft] ,----[ Quote ] | Why is Microsoft cranking the rudder hard over? They aren't talking, but | I'm guessing it comes down to General Public License (GPL) version 3. | GPLv3 is still in the formative stages, but it could prohibit mixed | marriages like the one between Microsoft and Novell. If GPLv3 | happens, Microsoft's lever into the corporate Linux market could | get frozen. Novell (and by extension, Microsoft) will have to comply | with its terms to take advantage of component technologies developed | under the license. Unable to do that, Microsoft...

Web resources about - tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access - comp.lang.tcl