Tcl-fann: A Tcl extension for Artificial Neural Networks.

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-fann

Tcl-fann enables artificial neural networks processing in Tcl. It is
using the FANN (Fast Artificial Neural Networks) library underneath.

Tcl-fann supports:
  * Fully, sparse and shortcut type connected multi-layer networks.
  * Backpropagation training (RPROP, Quickprop, Batch, Incremental)
  * Evolving topology training which dynamically builds and trains the
ANN (Cascade)
  * Versatile (possible to adjust many parameters and features on-the-fly)
  * Several different activation functions implemented (including
stepwise linear functions for that extra bit of speed)
  * Saving and loading of entire ANNs
  * Cross-platform (linux/unix & MS Windows (not tested))

Dependencies:
  * Tcl 8.5 or greater.
  * FANN Library (http://leenissen.dk/fann/) Version 2.2.0 or greater.

Platform: Linux/Unix & MS Windows
Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-fann/
Man page: http://tcl-fann.sourceforge.net/
Author: Alexandros Stergiakis
0
alsterg (13)

Tcl extension: check Tcl version?
Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking the extension? Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using package require). A number of newly provided commands work well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time version and run-time version are identical? Or does this indicate some subtle coding problem? Thanks for any suggestions Olaf Olaf Dietrich wrote: > Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension > is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking > the extension? > > Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that > I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be > loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using > package require). A number of newly provided commands work > well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and > wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. > > Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time > version and run-time version are identical? Or does this > indicate some subtle coding problem? Not subtle. Major problem. DO NOT DO THAT. If you want to be loadable across mult...

tcl application with tcl application

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

tcl-inotify: File & directory level notifications for Tcl. (extension)
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-inotify. Tcl-inotify is a Tcl interface to the linux kernel's inotify* service. It provides a Tcl package that enables Tcl scripts to monitor the file system changes at a file and directory level. A large number of file/directory actions can be monitored. A proc is executed asynchronously to notify for changes. * inotify is a Linux kernel subsystem that provides file system event notifications. It was written by John McCutchan with help from Robert Love and later Amy Griffis to replace dnotify. It was included in the mainline kernel starting from release 2.6.13, and could be compiled into 2.6.12 and possibly earlier releases by use of a patch. Its function is essentially an extension to filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those changes to applications. Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-inotify/ Man page: http://tcl-inotify.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis alsterg ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community
Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community. After years of TCL Dev I am giving something back to the Dev Tcl Community. You can download NetpackX including source code at http://helihobby.com/netpackx/index.html and also you may download lots of cool aps and libs here: http://helihobby.com/netpackx/Tcl_Tk/tcl_tk.html I hope TCL/TK continues to grow and special thanks to Jeff Hobbs for his support. Regards, Sean - www.HeliHobby.com ...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest...

How Tcl source finds init.tcl???
Hi, I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for init.tcl? Is there any way to specifically use init.tcl from a certain path? Thanks a lot in advance! Lihong lihong pei wrote: > I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. > What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for > init.tcl? If the environment variable TCL_LIBRARY exists, it's value is assumed to be a single directory which is added to the search path for init.tcl. Note that this is offered mostly as a way for...

Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl
The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? Mumia W. wrote: > The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > > > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > > > > This sentence seems to suggest ...

[TCL] diff type operations in TCL
I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. Is there anything like this? --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to...

MS Dictation and TCL
I'm trying to use the MS dictation tool while in TCL 8.5 program. The text starts to appear, but then the program crashes. It would be great to find a way to make this work. Thanks! Barney Tcl 8.5 (wish 8.5) makeindex (12/14/2007) MSWinXP sp3 plenty of ram and storage ...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Tcl-2004 Update: More food and Tcl jobs
Gerald just finished some negotiating with the hotel, and we've increased the meals at Tcl-2004. There will be free breakfast, lunch and breaks on all days, and free dinner on Wed and Thur. We'll have an open bar a couple of the conference nights also. Just the food is worth more than the registration fee! Add in the technical talks, panels, camaraderie and social networking, and this conference is a bargain you won't see again. At least two groups that are looking for Tcl/Tk developers will be present, so bring a resume if you're on the prowl. Online registration will cl...

Web resources about - Tcl-fann: A Tcl extension for Artificial Neural Networks. - comp.lang.tcl

Artificial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Artificial Art
Last week we opened up a new thread on USV.com to think about and discuss the intersection of creativity (art) and artificial intelligence. ...

Has artificial intelligence already surpassed the human brain?
... in a game of Go. It was the second of two matches won by the machine created by Google's DeepMind Technologies division, which focuses on artificial ...

Bill Gates shares thoughts on artificial intelligence, bioterrorism and Thai food
He may be the world's biggest billionaire, but Bill Gates feels powerless when it comes to terrorism. Gates explained that fear as part of a ...

This one paragraph will make you appreciate your brain — and laugh at artificial intelligence
Google has just reached a milestone for artificial intelligence (AI). AlphaGo, a program designed by the company's DeepMind AI division, just ...

‘Artificial Intelligence’ From Luc Besson & Bill Wheeler Gets Put Pilot Commitment From TNT
Artificial Intelligence , a sci-fi project from Luc Besson and screenwriter Bill Wheeler has landed at TNT with a put pilot commitment. Besson ...

Self-Assembled Nanomaterials Make Advances In Artificial Photosynthesis
Last month, I wrote about how scientists (including me) were working on an area known as artificial photosynthesis, whereby solar energy is used ...

Lynch: No ‘artificial deadline’ on DOJ’s Clinton email probe
Lynch: No ‘artificial deadline’ on DOJ’s Clinton email probe

Reddit AMA: Bill Gates on FBI vs. Apple, climate change, and artificial intelligence
... positive milestone with a commitment to reductions and a commitment to innovation by the governments and private sector.” On regulating artificial ...

Google’s artificial intelligence expert hopes his machines won’t take over the world
... which gave me nightmares while still providing all manner of creepy thrills at the same time. In it, a brilliant scientist develops an artificially ...