tcl on Sco Unixware 7.1.3

Does anyone have any experience with tcl running on SCO Unixware 7.1.3? I
have used tcl in the Windows world, but  I am new to tcl in the Unix world.

The documentation says the program (tcl executable) is called tclsh in Unix,
but I am unable to find it on our Unix box. I am also unable to find
"source" on our Unix box.

Tcl version 8.0 is installed on the Unix box and when I type "tcl" at the
prompt is puts me into tcl. I also have a file called "tclsh8.0" in the
/usr/local/bin directory. Is that the tcl shell (executable program) for
this version?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricci

0
rlmgraham (2)

"Ricci Graham" <rlmgraham@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any experience with tcl running on SCO Unixware
> 7.1.3? I have used tcl in the Windows world, but  I am new to tcl in
> the Unix world.
>
> The documentation says the program (tcl executable) is called tclsh
> in Unix, but I am unable to find it on our Unix box. I am also
> unable to find "source" on our Unix box.
>
> Tcl version 8.0 is installed on the Unix box and when I type "tcl"
> at the prompt is puts me into tcl. I also have a file called
> "tclsh8.0" in the /usr/local/bin directory. Is that the tcl shell
> (executable program) for this version?

I'd assume that the tclsh8.0 is the file that's being executed when
you type "tcl" at the shell prompt.  You can maybe shed some light on
things with a little sleuthing....  You might try the following from
the Unix command line:

whereis tcl
which tcl

Also, you could try typing "tcl" to start the tcl interpreter.  From
there, type

info patchlevel

to get the running tcl version.

You could compare that info to the one in your /usr/local/bin
directory by starting it explicitly (/usr/local/bin/tclsh8.0) and then
doing the same thing in that interpreter.

Jeff

0
jeff_godfrey (836)
10/6/2005 6:59:56 PM
Ricci Graham wrote:
> Tcl version 8.0 is installed on the Unix box and when I type "tcl" at the
> prompt is puts me into tcl.

In all liklihood, that program is the TclX shell program.  It is
a Tcl interpreter, but it includes the TclX commands as well.

> I also have a file called "tclsh8.0" in the
> /usr/local/bin directory. Is that the tcl shell (executable program) for
> this version?

Yes, and apparently version 8.0, of some indeterminate patch level.

In other words, a Tcl shell that has not been updated in more than
8 years.

Seems to me you'll either want to build your own Tcl libraries and
programs from source code, or you'll want to choose some other
software development system vendor that has continued to do software
updates during the current century.

--
| Don Porter          Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |
Ricci Graham <rlmgraham@swbell.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with tcl running on SCO Unixware 7.1.3? I
> have used tcl in the Windows world, but  I am new to tcl in the Unix world.

You've chosen a true horror of an OS to learn TCL on Unix with...

As Don's suggested, try desperately to shift platform to something
sensible (a Linux distro, FreeBSD or perhaps Solaris or Novell SuSe Linux
if your workplace needs a name company backing their Unix).

If that fails, you're best off trying to install a more modern TCL than
using any crusty old version 8.0 you might have already installed. Most
of the examples you're going to come across while you're learning TCL
on Unix will be for 8.4 these days.

0
hfrarg3 (215)

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

building GCC 3.3.2 or 3.2.3 on Unixware 7.1.1
Has anybody done this successfully? I'm running into problems with the C++ library. AFAICT, the compiler is built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library chokes. It seems to mostly be complaining about the 'volatile' keyword in pthread.h. I'm using binutils, btw. The ccs based build fails to bootstrap for me. Best regards, Brent Brent Eagles wrote: > Has anybody done this successfully? > > I'm running into problems with the C++ library. AFAICT, the compiler is > built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library...

UnixWare 7.1.4 UnixWare 7.1.3 : ppp buffer overflow
iDEFENSE has identified a Buffer Overflow vulnerability in SCO Unixware ppp prompt. Local exploitation of a buffer overflow vulnerability in the ppp binary, allows attackers to gain root privileges. This could lead to the execution of arbitrary code with root privileges, as ppp is setuid root by default. More: http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/414069 -- Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) * IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO FOLLOWS * Pardon any bogus email addresses (wookie) in place for spambots. Really, it's (wyrd) at airmail, dotted with net. DO NOT SPAM IT. Kids jumpin...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

disappear objects in tcl plug-in 3 mozilla 1.7.4 / firefox 1.0 on windows
Hi last tcl plugin 3 with last mozilla 1.7.4 / firefox 1.0 on Windows Why objects disappear after mouse click? How fix it? Thanks Andrey Degtyarenko wrote: > last tcl plugin 3 with last mozilla 1.7.4 / firefox 1.0 on Windows > > Why objects disappear after mouse click? > How fix it? Yes, I am seeing that the repaint isn't occuring properly now. I will have to look into that. (D*mn mozilla developers screwing around with the plugin code again ...). -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos ...

Looking for GCC 3.3.2 on Unixware 7.1.1
I need to install GCC 3.3.3 on our Unixware 7.1.1 server and the quickest way would be to install a package. I have had google, but not found anything. I have downloaded the source, but need to upgrade my binutils first - all being time consuming. Does anyone know where I could get such a package? Even a package for a recent version of binutils would be appreciated as compiling 2.14 is proving "interesting" at the moment. Any help appreciated. JR Julian Regel <news@NOSPAMwhite-tower.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.18.14.46.03.568974@NOSPAMwhit...

BWidget 1.7 error with Tcl/Tk 8.1.1
Hello. I've used BWidget 1.7 with Tcl/Tk 8.1.1. When the package is loaded, an error occurs. Probably, I think that the following code is wrong. pagesmgr.tcl package require Tcl 8.1.1 pkgIndex.tcl package require Tk 8.1.1 widget.tcl package require Tcl 8.1.1 If 8.1.1 or more Tcl are required, you should describe it as "package require Tcl 8.1" or "pacakge require Tk 8.1" ----- Satoshi Imai s-imai@japan.interq.or.jp Satoshi Imai wrote: > I've used BWidget 1.7 with Tcl/Tk 8.1.1. > When the package is loaded, an error occurs. ... > widget.tcl > package require Tcl 8.1.1 > > If 8.1.1 or more Tcl are required, > you should describe it as "package require Tcl 8.1" > or "pacakge require Tk 8.1" Yes, that is incorrect, as the core Tcl and Tk packages don't register themselves to the patchlevel in the package mechanism (for historical reasons). However, just 8.2 should be used as 8.1 is a version best left unused. -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Hello. Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote... > Yes, that is incorrect, as the core Tcl and Tk packages don't > register themselves to the patchlevel in the package mechanism > (for historical reasons). However, just 8.2 should be used as > 8.1 is a version best left unused. Why don't you reform completely the package mechanism from Tcl8.5? I'm stil...

== DB Replication from 7.3.1 to 7.3.1 ==
# Have tried to prevent asking here but have spent many hours on this topic already # Actually, I'm a big Postgres fan, but replication on a MySQL box did work # out-of-the-box without any matters :-| I'd like to setup a "Hello, World database replication" between two 7.3.1 installations on two Linux hosts. The Master is running on port 5432, the slave is running through a Socket. I'm using DBMirror.pl on the client side which is being included in the core distribution since 7.3 at contrib/dbmirror. First of all, there seems to be a bug or feature that prevents it can...

== DB Replication from 7.3.1 to 7.3.1 ==
# Have tried to prevent asking here but have spent many hours on this topic already # Actually, I'm a big Postgres fan, but replication on a MySQL box did work # out-of-the-box without any matters :-| I'd like to setup a "Hello, World database replication" between two 7.3.1 installations on two Linux hosts. The Master is running on port 5432, the slave is running through a Socket. I'm using DBMirror.pl on the client side which is being included in the core distribution since 7.3 at contrib/dbmirror. First of all, there seems to be a bug or feature that prevents it can...

ANNOUNCE: yajl-tcl 1.3, a Tcl interface to the Yet Another JSON Library (YAJL) JSON generator
Announcing yajl-tcl 1.3, an update to the Tcl C interface to the Yet Another JSON Library (YAJL), a C library for parsing and generating JSON. (JSON stands for Javascript Object Notation, a popular data exchange format for Javascript.) Although there is already a package in the tcllib library, huddle, that can generate JSON, the big advantage in using yajl-tcl is performance. Also, yajl-tcl can parse JSON as well as generating it. In a benchmark generating JSON representing 5,000 airports with code, name, latitude and longitude, yajl-tcl was 157 times faster than huddle. Release 1.3 adds JSON parsing into a simple key/value dict-compatible format, a "delete" convenience method, performance improvements and bug fixes. Also it supports the latest version of yajl... YAJL 2. A webpage on yajl-tcl with example use can be found at http://flightaware.github.com/yajl-tcl/ The github project is at https://github.com/flightaware/yajl-tcl A source tarball can be downloaded from https://github.com/downloads/flightaware/yajl-tcl/yajl-tcl-1.3.tar.gz or you can clone the git repository using "git clone git://github.com/flightaware/yajl-tcl.git" Jeff Lawson (bovine on github) did most of the work that comprises the 1.3 release. (Thank you, Jeff.) Regards, Karl Lehenbauer FlightAware ...

Port 6667 & 10.0.1.128/1.1.1.1/1.3.3.7
Hello, I'm seeing a lot of traffic trying to leave my firewall destined for port 6667 at the IPs 10.0.1.128, 10.10.10.10, 1.1.1.1 and 1.3.3.7 (sounds like l337/elite to me :-). Yes - I know the 10.x.x.x traffic isn't going too far.... RFC1918, etc, etc. Various Google searches and searches on the various A/V sites haven't turned up a definite answer - just more questions about the same thing. Can anyone clue me in to the exact trojan/worm/virus this may be and/or if they're seeing the same kind of traffic. Any insight is appreciated.... Thanks. B > Hello, > > I'm seeing a lot of traffic trying to leave my firewall destined for > port 6667 at the IPs 10.0.1.128, 10.10.10.10, 1.1.1.1 and 1.3.3.7 > (sounds like l337/elite to me :-). > > Yes - I know the 10.x.x.x traffic isn't going too far.... RFC1918, etc, > etc. > > Various Google searches and searches on the various A/V sites haven't > turned up a definite answer - just more questions about the same thing. > > Can anyone clue me in to the exact trojan/worm/virus this may be and/or > if they're seeing the same kind of traffic. > > Any insight is appreciated.... > > Thanks. > > B It seem to be somekind of worm, that spread on the irc networks.. Greets D On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:32:06 -0400, ex-Zephion <dl1west-nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'm seeing a lot of traffic trying to leave my firewall des...

Tcl 7.3 and Tk 3.6
Hi All!!! I have Tcl 7.3 and Tk 3.6 in and Linux computer, I want to learn me how program in TCL. Where can I find a manual or tutorial for these older versions. Regards Mikael Lj On 10/29/2014 04:30 PM, Mikael Ljungberg wrote: > I have Tcl 7.3 and Tk 3.6 in and Linux computer, There are no longer any Linux computers in existence where Tk 3 will build or run. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ ...

Problem installing matplotlib 1.3.1 with Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3 (release candidate 1)
Hello, I tried to install matplotlib 1.3.1 on the release candidates of Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.8. Although the installation gave no problems, there is a problem with Tcl/Tk. The new Pythons have their own embedded Tcl/Tk, but when installing matplotlib it links to the Frameworks version of Tcl and TK, not to the embedded version. This causes confusion when importing matplotlib.pyplot: objc[70648]: Class TKApplication is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[70648]: Class TKMenu is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[70648]: Class TKContentView is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[70648]: Class TKWindow is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. And then later it gives a lot of error messages. So I think it should be linked to the embedded version. For this the matplotlib setupext.py should be ad...

rpm Problems on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
I am having problems using the rpm v. 3.0.6 that comes with UnixWare 7.1.1. Whenever I give it any command other than --help, --showrc, or --version I get: rpm: only one major mode may be specified I have rpm working fine on AIX and Tru64, and of course Linux. I sure did not expect to run into any problems with rpm on SCO. What do I need to do to get this thing working. Our company needs rpm support very badly as we distribute our Java apps in noarch rpms, and we have to support SCO UW 7.1.1 platforms. Some of the commands that I have tried are: rpm -qa rpm -qpi filename.noarch.rpm rpm -qpl f...

Announce: Runtime Library 3.0 Gestalt Items 1.1 and Hugelist 1.4, Tcl-Mode for XCode
I am pleased to announce the availability of: Runtime Library 3.0 Gestalt Items 1.1 Hugelist 1.4 The two libraries and hugelist contain Tcl/Tk composite windows written in Tcl. Most notable are the goolbar, gooleditor and galette which implement an AQUA� compliant toolbar environment, with extensive vector graphics support Download them from sourceforge: http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/ *Runtime Library* The Documentation of the Runtime Library is now complete including the manual pages: http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/rtl/index.html http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/rtl/rtl_scrollwin_template.html /One special note on toplevel management, the toplevel management functions inside the Runtime Library contain a history mechanism. These mechanism stores the last geometry of a managed toplevel window inside the option database, from were it will be reused whenever these toplevel window is re-created:/ http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/rtl/RTL_Toplevel.html *Hugelist* The 1.4 release is a bug-fixed version of Maurice Ulis original hugelist. The single complete new feature is support for vector graphics as additional icons. A separate article explains what can be done with hugelist 1.4. The atricle's main focus is on on-demand data acquisition. http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/hugelist/index.html *Gestalt Items* Mostly bug-fixes. *Gstripes* gained most new features, such as the ability to manage background contours with holes in it. Additio...

how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1
hi, i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need any patches?.if so mail me to--snaren_dba@yahoo.com -- Posted via http://dbforums.com I use oracle 817 on a unixware 711 with maintenance pack 3. I only had problems with tmp free space during installation, if you don't have a big tmp volume try to link Oracle install directory outside. Greetings. snaren_dba <member32299@dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3143890.1058980488@dbforums.com>... > hi, > i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need > a...

prngd not seeded error on sco unixware 7.1.1
I have downloaded the latest versions of ssh-3.4.p1 and prngd-0.9.22 as well as ssl-0.9.6e and zlib-1.1.4 . After installation and starting sshd I receive the error that prngd is not seeded and sshd bails. I have tried various things to get this working, included defining the config file and seed file within the start up of prngd . Another option was putting my linking my egd-pool to /dev/urandom. This actually produced a different effect, instead of bailing the program actually started to do the key generation, but just hung there with that, not doing anything. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to make suggestions. Thanks in advance Bob ...

Http request with authentication and other details (vw 7.3.1+HTTP 7.3.1 parcel)
Hi, My aim is to send(POST) Http requests whic contains some information in the xml format.I have gone through the previous references in this group and succeeded in my first step where the authetication details were included in the xml itself(like username,password and EmailID). When i has to use xmls without authentication tags,i tried to set the user account in the SystemSettings-Net -newUser.And digging through the Http related classes i have found options to set that programatically too.Is it the correct way to set authentication details? If not how can i do that? In t...

7.3-1 to 7.3-2
Hi Guys, I am looking at the efforts that might be involved in moving our system applications from OpenVMS 7.3-1 to 7.3-2. can anyone guide on how to proceed on this??? What all changes have gone in from 7.3-1 to 7.3-2 ??? or point to some kind of documentation on it ???? I am trying to get the release notes for 7.3-2, but looks like the HP site is undergoing some kind of work or due to some reason not able to get any thing from their site. Rgds, Bhushan In article <8a3b834.0401090045.47417059@posting.google.com>, bhushann@hotmail.com (Bhushan Narkhede) writes: > Hi Guys, > ...

unixware 7.1.3?
Anyone know where I can locate a copy of unixware 7.1.3? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.555 / Virus Database: 347 - Release Date: 12/26/2003 user <user@somewhere.com> wrote: >Anyone know where I can locate a copy of unixware 7.1.3? That's current, you can buy the media kit from any SCO reseller. It's not downloadable, if that's what you were asking. And you'll need to buy a license, too, unless you just want to demo it. -- tony@aplawrence.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources:...

Tcl-Coach 3.1
Hi, tcl-Coach 3.1 hangs after working a script (windows 7). Can somebody help? Hans On 2/11/13 6:35 AM, Hans Herrmann wrote: > Hi, > tcl-Coach 3.1 hangs after working a script (windows 7). > Can somebody help? > Hans I'd suggest going to: http://www.tcl-coach.de/kontakt.html and filling out the email form with the details. BTW, this is the first I've ever heard of Tcl-Coach. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net | +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ On 11 Feb., 14:11, "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Les...@KnG- Consulting.net> wrote: > BTW, this is the first I've ever heard of Tcl-Coach. Me too, and it is next door for me and no ocean and language change between... Harald ...

[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 3;....;n n n n n]
Hi, Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] Thank you. Hana. Hana wrote: > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] HELP REPMAT - Randy Hana wrote: > > > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any > loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] > > Thank you. > Hana. Hope this isn't homework. >> repmat([1:n]'...

Web resources about - tcl on Sco Unixware 7.1.3 - comp.lang.tcl

UnixWare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UnixWare is typically deployed as a server rather than desktop . Binary distributions of UnixWare are available for x86 architecture computers. ...

UnixWare 7.1.3 Review
OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology. ...

Ask Slashdot: Finding Legacy UnixWare Installation Media?
... Unisys server in production that hosts a legacy system and are attempting to virtualize it. Unfortunately we don't have a generic UnixWare (2.1.2) ...

Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap - Seitenverzeichnis - Facebook
Results from the Seiten directory for Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap. Search Facebook for more Seiten with names like Univerzitní křesťanské ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix
about dmoz - dmoz blog - suggest URL - update listing - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Operating_Systems/Unix Description ...

SCO official defends Linux sales after suit was filed
The SCO Group's product management director, Erik Hughes, says the company continued to sell its Linux products for over two months after suing ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...

An IBM, Sequent deal would drive Monterey
Rumors of a possible merger with IBM drive Sequent's stock price up, but technology analysts aren't convinced a deal is sensible or imminent. ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

Games on a Plane [ 2 ]
If you've flown on a major airline in the past few years, chances are you've seen your share of in-flight games. But who is behind all these, ...