Tcl programmer with Excellent Javascript background in NYC

I am looking for a TCL programmer and Javascript Expert. If you live
in New York, New Jersey area, drop me a note please

0
MelHeravi (110)

tcl application with tcl application

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

TCL Programmers
Hello, I'm looking to recruit a TCL Developer for a customer in West London but am having great difficulty, it seems to be a rare skill in the UK. Is anyone here interested or do you know anyone who would be interested to hear about the opportunity. The advert I placed for the job is: TCL Programmer Working for a global Consumer Services and Media Company, this opportunity involves being part of a team developing and managing a very large content management application using TCL. Candidates must have at least 12 months TCL programming experience, experience of any large relational data...

tcl and excel
is there a good example for reading ms excel cells using tcl/tcom i am ignorant in this whole DDE/COM thing and the default example only shows writing to a cell. thanks -- Posted via http://dbforums.com pratapch wrote: > is there a good example for reading ms excel cells using tcl/tcom > > i am ignorant in this whole DDE/COM thing and the default example only > shows writing to a cell. > following info & links from http://wiki.tcl.tk/excel might be informative bruce still ignorant of the whole COM thing .. but by trial and error got this to work with this ...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

[TCL] diff type operations in TCL
I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. Is there anything like this? --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to...

Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl
The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? Mumia W. wrote: > The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > > > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > > > > This sentence seems to suggest ...

MS Dictation and TCL
I'm trying to use the MS dictation tool while in TCL 8.5 program. The text starts to appear, but then the program crashes. It would be great to find a way to make this work. Thanks! Barney Tcl 8.5 (wish 8.5) makeindex (12/14/2007) MSWinXP sp3 plenty of ram and storage ...

Tcl extension: check Tcl version?
Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking the extension? Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using package require). A number of newly provided commands work well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time version and run-time version are identical? Or does this indicate some subtle coding problem? Thanks for any suggestions Olaf Olaf Dietrich wrote: > Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension > is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking > the extension? > > Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that > I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be > loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using > package require). A number of newly provided commands work > well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and > wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. > > Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time > version and run-time version are identical? Or does this > indicate some subtle coding problem? Not subtle. Major problem. DO NOT DO THAT. If you want to be loadable across mult...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest...

How Tcl source finds init.tcl???
Hi, I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for init.tcl? Is there any way to specifically use init.tcl from a certain path? Thanks a lot in advance! Lihong lihong pei wrote: > I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. > What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for > init.tcl? If the environment variable TCL_LIBRARY exists, it's value is assumed to be a single directory which is added to the search path for init.tcl. Note that this is offered mostly as a way for...

Tcl only
I am curious about how many people just use Tcl for a systems language (instead of say, BASH) but don't use Tk. On Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:22:45 AM UTC-7, Robert wrote: > I am curious about how many people just use Tcl for a systems language (i= nstead of say, BASH) but don&#39;t use Tk. For me, if the script is mainly concerned with invoking other programs and = little else, then I'll grit my teeth and do it in bash because it handles s= uch things well even if the syntax is vintage Algol. Otherwise, it is hard = to get me to program in anything other than Tcl when the target is a conven= tional computing environment. Andrew Mangogna On Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:22:45 AM UTC-4, Robert wrote: > I am curious about how many people just use Tcl for a systems language (instead of say, BASH) but don&#39;t use Tk. I use tcl, bash, perl, awk. I hardly ever have GUI frontends. Στις 12/7/2012 16:22, ο/η Robert έγραψε: > I am curious about how many people just use Tcl for a systems language (instead of say, BASH) but don't use Tk. > I use tcl in almost all my scripts. I rarely use bash, and only for basic stuff (i.e. run a few tcl scripts in order). George On 7/12/12 8:22 AM, Robert wrote: > I am curious about how many people just use Tcl for a systems language (instead of say, BASH) but don't use Tk. While not exactly what you asked, I use Tcl to create Web Services -- that does not involve any GUIs (a...

Web resources about - Tcl programmer with Excellent Javascript background in NYC - comp.lang.tcl

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtd

Managing Programmers
Programmers are not like the other kids. They cannot and should not be managed like normal people if your intent is to produce high quality software. ...

CudaText: a programmer’s editor that everyone can use
You need a Notepad replacement, but web searches only get you overcomplicated programmer's editors aimed at people who think in regular expressions ...

One of the world's most important programmers works from home in his bathrobe in complete silence
Linus Torvalds, the founder and maintainer of the incredibly popular free Linux operating system, spends his days working from home in a bathrobe ...

Programmers: It’s time to tame Python
If you’re pursuing a career in coding, you’re going to have to reckon with Python, one of the most popular programming languages in use. A valuable ...

Uber Hires Programmers Who Can Win A Fight With Their Robot
Tech companies like Uber and Dropbox are using CodeFights, a platform that enables programmers to compete with one another to solve coding challenges, ...

Fighting ‘ticket bots’: Washington AG says it’s too early to tweak state law to protect altruistic programmers ...
... to pillage vast amount of show tickets. Rep. Jesse Young, R- Gig Harbor, has introduced a bill to slightly change that law to protect programmers ...

Unlocking Opportunities for Video Programmers of Color
... rooms. FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler's proposal to "unlock the box" would create greater opportunities for the talent and experiences of programmers ...