your help is much more apprecited
0
yenilsuwal

On 2014-11-09, yenilsuwal@gmail.com <yenilsuwal@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi could we generate tcl script from the excel file. if we can do this
> let me know the ideas.  your help is much more apprecited

I have generated Tcl in an Excel spreadsheet, it's just a matter of
writing a cell formula to generate the desired Tcl command. I copied the
formula down the column so that each row generated a command, then
copied the cells (part of a column), pasted it into a text file, and ran
it as a script. I never tried to automate the copy-paste-run, but it
should be possible.

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry
0
On Sunday, November 9, 2014 4:10:04 AM UTC-6, Eric wrote:
> On 2014-11-09, yenilsuwal@gmail.com <yenilsuwal@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi could we generate tcl script from the excel file. if we can do this
> > let me know the ideas.  your help is much more apprecited
>
> I have generated Tcl in an Excel spreadsheet, it's just a matter of
> writing a cell formula to generate the desired Tcl command. I copied the
> formula down the column so that each row generated a command, then
> copied the cells (part of a column), pasted it into a text file, and ran
> it as a script. I never tried to automate the copy-paste-run, but it
> should be possible.
>
> Eric
> --
> ms fnd in a lbry

Hi Eric,
could you please provide the cell formula to generate the desired Tcl command(as a example). Any links explaining this will be ok.
Your help is much more appreciated.
thank you
0
yenilsuwal

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script? #2
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? You're probably looking for the "source" command. Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The command "load" is for binary shared libraries. -- Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, and a three-day beard...

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. ...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Excel calling tcl script?
Hi folks, I'm in test automation. We have a test planning / execution spreadsheet that we update by running a tcl script to summarise all the test results from multiple results directories and then importing the sumamry into a database in the spreadsheet. Currently I have to run the tcl summary script manually (from unix) then open the spreadsheet and import the summary file. I want to automate this whole process to a single button click from excel. Has anyone called a tcl script from excel? Maybe I could re-code the results summary script in visual basic within the excel spr...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > >...

tcl hangs on exit for multiple open calls from within same tcl script
Hi, I am looking to run a couple of processes in parallel. But a strange hang = occurs randomly. I am invoking two tcl commands using open in parallel. Now= after a while one of the process would just hang indefinitely which I am n= ot able to understand why. The issue is easily reproducible on win 2008 ser= ver and other multi core machines. Am I doing something wrongly? What is th= e best way to do this? To reproduce, you just have to create the files and run loop.bat. You shoul= d see the hang within 15-20 minutes. Following are the files I am using=20 ******** loop.bat...

TCL C API: receiving command from a script or from tcl command line ?
Hello, TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script file thanks to the command "source filename". I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or directly from the shell ? Thanks, Fabrice Hi Fabrice, "fabrice" writes: > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my > own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script > or directly from the shell ? You can look at the variable tcl_interactive to distinguish...

How to read an Excel file using TCL Scripts
Hi all, I have an excel file test.xls.It is created manually and few values are added manually. I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable using TCL Scripts. I went thro lot of examples but nothing related to above requirement I found. Please give suggestions or links where this code is given. Thanks in Advance, RAGHU On 25 =D0=BD=D0=BE=D1=8F, 12:55, RAGHU <ragh...@gmail.com> wrote: > I Want to read each column of the excel and store in some variable > using TCL Scripts. Open http://wiki.tcl.tk/tcom and search for "Extract so...

Web resources about - tcl script from excel - comp.lang.tcl

Script (typefaces) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Casual scripts show a less formal, more active hand. The strokes may vary in width but often appear to have been created by wet brush rather ...

China must follow its own reform script
Can China's authorities loosen up enough for China to complete its economic transition?

The ingenious way ‘Star Trek Beyond’ is making sure its script doesn’t leak online
... but many details about it are still unknown. In fact, it looks like secrecy around the movie is so tight that the actors have customized script ...

Gilead Sciences, Inc. Faces Troubled HCV Scripts as AbbVie Inc Scripts Go Up
Gilead HCV prescriptions decline, while AbbVie sees an increase in HCV scripts.

Google Apps Script: Tracking add-on usage with Google Analytics
... blog Posted by Romain Vialard, a Google Developer Expert and developer of Yet Another Mail Merge , a Google Sheets add-on. Google Apps Script ...

Studio: Tupac Shakur film script was offered by hacker
"Celebrity hacker" allegedly accessed more than 100 email accounts of actors, athletes and media personnel and tried to sell unreleased scripts ...

Bulls flip the script in stunning Christmas Day victory over Thunder
Chicago Tribune Bulls flip the script in stunning Christmas Day victory over Thunder Chicago Tribune The Bulls swept away their negative vibes ...

The Hateful Eight Ending Differences from Script Revealed - Collider
Brian Formo attended a live read of 'The Hateful Eight' in 2014 and he reveals all the ending changes from Quentin Tarantino's script to the ...

John Boyega Says Star Wars Episode VIII Has A Much Darker Script
, then Episode VIII will take cues from The Empire Strikes Back, adopting a darker tone, according [...]

The police protection playbook: how Ohio officials followed the script to the letter
The day ended with impassioned calls for calm; that Cleveland and Ohio residents be respectful and mindful of the process and the inevitable ...