Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 Release Announcement

June 28, 2005

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.11 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the eleventh patch
release
of Tcl/Tk 8.4.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

	http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

Binaries for most major platforms are available from:

	http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

In addition, Mac OS X binaries are available from:

	http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

	http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general,
the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Thank you for your contributions:
---------------------------------

As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community.
We have a page honoring these contributors at:

	http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.10:
--------------------------------------

The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.11.  A complete list
can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree.  The
more complete ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
This
is a patch release, so it primarily included bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  Below are only the most notable changes.

  * Corrected compile failure on unix in thread-enabled configuration.

  * Stopped crash in stack tests on Windows/gcc.

  * Stopped crashes in execution traces.

  * Stopped crash due to [file split] error on Windows.

  * Stopped crash/UMR in pipe close/finalization on Windows.

  * Fixed UID thread-safety in canvas.

  * Eliminate buffer overflow in GIF decoder.

  * Aqua: better default [entry] border width

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Interim Tcl Core Release Manager

0
andreask (25)

Anyone else having a problem with the Windows release downloaded from
ActiveState?  I must be doing something wrong here, but:

- When I go to their download site it says we're downloading 8.4.10.1,
not 8.4.11?

- I went ahead and downloaded and installed.  However, if I close Wish
by closing the top-level . window (instead of selecting Exit from the
console), Wish exits with an application error?

Anyone else able to replicate or am I doing something wrong here?

I'm on Windows XP Pro.
Thanks!

andreask@activestate.com wrote:
> Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 Release Announcement
> June 28, 2005
>
  > Binaries for most major platforms are available from:
>
> 	http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

0
dont942 (331)
6/29/2005 8:22:15 PM

Bugs wrote:
> Anyone else having a problem with the Windows release downloaded from
> ActiveState?  I must be doing something wrong here, but:
>
> - When I go to their download site it says we're downloading 8.4.10.1,
> not 8.4.11?

Sorry that you got the wrong idea.

The announcement was for a new release of the Tcl/Tk source code.
ActiveState has not (yet) produced a fresh ActiveTcl distribution
based on the new code.  The version number difference you observed
should have indicated that.

Jeff Hobbs is normally the release manager of Tcl/Tk source releases,
and since he works for ActiveState, he usually synchronizes them
with an ActiveTcl release.  Based on that history, one could have got
the wrong idea that they were all one thing.

This time, Jeff's away on vacation, and I managed this Tcl/Tk release.
I don't work for ActiveState, so it's not my place to force the timing
of their next ActiveTcl distribution update.  I'm sure they will announce
here when the next one is ready.

> - I went ahead and downloaded and installed.  However, if I close Wish
> by closing the top-level . window (instead of selecting Exit from the
> console), Wish exits with an application error?

Sounds like some of the bugs fixed in the 8.4.11 sources.  Be sure
to check that again with the next ActiveTcl, or with your own
Tcl/Tk build from the source distributions if you're equipped/inclined
to try that sort of thing.  Either way, if the problem persists, be
sure to report it.

--
| Don Porter          Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |
Don Porter wrote:

> Sorry that you got the wrong idea.
>
> The announcement was for a new release of the Tcl/Tk source code.
> ActiveState has not (yet) produced a fresh ActiveTcl distribution
> based on the new code.  The version number difference you observed
> should have indicated that.
>
> Jeff Hobbs is normally the release manager of Tcl/Tk source releases,
> and since he works for ActiveState, he usually synchronizes them
> with an ActiveTcl release.  Based on that history, one could have got
> the wrong idea that they were all one thing.
>
> This time, Jeff's away on vacation, and I managed this Tcl/Tk release.
> I don't work for ActiveState, so it's not my place to force the timing
> of their next ActiveTcl distribution update.  I'm sure they will announce
> here when the next one is ready.
>

>>- I went ahead and downloaded and installed.  However, if I close Wish
>>by closing the top-level . window (instead of selecting Exit from the
>>console), Wish exits with an application error?
>

> Sounds like some of the bugs fixed in the 8.4.11 sources.  Be sure
> to check that again with the next ActiveTcl, or with your own
> Tcl/Tk build from the source distributions if you're equipped/inclined
> to try that sort of thing.  Either way, if the problem persists, be
> sure to report it.

Thanks Don, that makes sense.  I just saw the posting was from Andreas
and the link to ActiveState was under the "Where to get the new
releases" section so I just assumed the ActiveState distribution was up
to 8.4.11 as well.
Thanks for the info.
0
dont942 (331)
6/29/2005 9:27:08 PM
Bugs wrote:

> - I went ahead and downloaded and installed.  However, if I close Wish
> by closing the top-level . window (instead of selecting Exit from the
> console), Wish exits with an application error?

Looks like even DESTROY . will cause 8.4.10.1 ActiveState Wish to crash.
I'll try and log a bug with ActiveState.
0
dont942 (331)

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 Release Announcement November 22, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.8 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Windows, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX binaries are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl Mac OS X binaries are available from: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ Additionally, SuSE Linux RPMs are available from: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/tcl/ For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank y...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 release candidates
New stable releases, Tcl and Tk 8.4.11, are shaping up for release soon. Release candidate source code distributions are available for testing at: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894&package_id=10452&release_id=336071 Readers of this message who are able to make use of source code distributions are encouraged to do some testing of these candidate distributions and report any critical bugs found in them. This will help us avoid any critical bugs in the actual release. However you would normally use Tcl/Tk, check that you can successfully use these release candidates in the same way. After a brief period for testing, expect an announcement soon about the actual release, which will include the entire collection of formats normally produced for a release. Thanks for your assistance. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Don Porter wrote: > New stable releases, Tcl and Tk 8.4.11, are shaping up for release soon. > ... > Readers of this message who are able to make use of source code > distributions are encouraged to do some testing of these candidate > distributions and report any critical bugs found in them. This will > ... I have been heavily using the above for a ...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 Release Announcement October 19, 2006 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.14 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honorin...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 Release Announcement
Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 Release Announcement July 27, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.7 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Windows, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX binaries are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl Mac OS X binaries are available from: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ Additionally, SuSE Linux RPMs are available from: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/tcl/ For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contri...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 released
Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 Release Announcement May 25, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.15 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.14: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.15. A complete list can be found in the...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.17 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.4.17 Release Announcement January 4, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.17 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventeenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.17 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.16: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.17. A complete list can be...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.9 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.9 Release Announcement December 7, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.9 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the ninth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.9 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Windows, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX binaries are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl Mac OS X binaries are available from: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ Additionally, SuSE Linux RPMs are available from: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/tcl/ For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contri...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.5 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.5 Release Announcement November 24, 2003 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.5 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Windows, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX binaries are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: ht...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 Release Announcement March 1, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.6 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Windows, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX binaries are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http:...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.10 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.10 Release Announcement June 4, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.10 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the tenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.10 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl In addition, Mac OS X binaries are available from: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 rpms with thread 2.5.2 extension
You may find the specification file, that you can use to build the rpm binaries on your Redhat (Suse may also work) system at: http://jfontain.free.fr/tcltk-8.4.4-1.spec To build, download the Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 and Thread 2.5.2 sources from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tcl/ into your /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory, place the specification file in your /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, then from that directory, type: # rpmbuild -bb --clean tcltk-8.4.4-1.spec Note: you may change the installation directory and turn on the thread extension at the beginning of the specification file. J...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 rpm specification with thread 2.5.2 extension
http://jfontain.free.fr/tcltk-8.4.8-1.spec Generated and tested on an up-to-date Red Hat Fedora Core 3 i386 system. The rpms can install under /opt/tcltk (see notes below) in order not to conflict and peacefully coexist with the stock Redhat Tcl and Tk rpms. To build the rpms, download the Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 and Thread 2.5.2 sources from http://download.sourceforge.net/tcl/ into the /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory, place the specification file in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, then from that directory, type: # rpmbuild -bb --clean tcltk-8.4.8-1.spec Notes: - You may change the installation directory and turn on the thread extension at the beginning of the specification file. -- Jean-Luc Fontaine mailto:jfontain@free.fr http://jfontain.free.fr/ ...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.3, Itcl 4.0.2, sqlite 3.8.7 Release Candidates
Release candidate downloads of the 8.6.3 releases of Tcl and Tk, Itcl 4.0.2, and sqlite 3.8.7 may now be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.3/ The actual releases of these files should come on October 29. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.18 Released
Tcl/Tk 8.4.18 Release Announcement February 8, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.18 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.18 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.17: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.18. A complete list can be fo...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 released
Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 Release Announcement April 19, 2006 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.13 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the thirteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a3 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.5a3 Release Announcement June 4, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a3 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the third alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5a3 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5a2: --------------...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 Release Announcement November 19, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5b3 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the third beta release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Chang...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a5 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.5a5 Release Announcement October 20, 2006 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5a5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Change...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.3: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.4. A complete list can be found in the...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 Release Announcement March 12, 2015 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 release
Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 Release Announcement April 26, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5a5: -----------...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 Release Announcement April 18, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.19 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the nineteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Routine maintenance of Tcl/Tk 8.4 has now come to an end. We intend Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 to be the final 8.4.* releases. The current stable releases of Tcl/Tk are 8.5.2, and development has begun on Tcl/Tk 8.6. It is possible that a bug fix of great enough importance or severity might prompt a release of 8.4.20, but there is no plan for that at the moment. Even that level of support will fade away quickly. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.16 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.4.16 Release Announcement September 21, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.16 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.16 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.15: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.16. A complete list can be f...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 Release Announcement - comp.lang.tcl

Public service announcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A public service announcement ( PSA ) or public service ad, are messages in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge, with ...

Two big announcements.
... This year marks 37signals' 15th year in business. And today is Basecamp's 10th birthday. We have a lot to celebrate, and two exciting announcements ...

4Q EARNINGS CALL: Zuckerberg Discusses ‘Separate Mobile Apps’ Just Prior To Paper Announcement
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wasn’t joking about “building separate mobile applications beyond the main Facebook app” during the ...

Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources - Facebook's latest news, announcements and ...
Facebook Newsroom - Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources

FastMail Weblog - Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments
Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments

Instant Analysis: Digesting the Implications of Today’s Platform Roadmap Announcements
We’re here at Facebook headquarters, where Ethan Beard, Director of Platform Marketing, just delivered Facebook’s first-ever “platform roadmap” ...

#OnlyOnTwitter: Announcements and surprises
We have a couple of moments to share with you this week of things that happened #OnlyOnTwitter. Two of our stories this week are about announcements. ...

Today's Cisco announcement (2 of 2): Cisco Demonstrates Commitment to Global Internet of Things Ecosystem ...
Full release at: http://www.slideshare.net/iotwf/cisco-internet-of-things-press-release-october-29-announcement-27685075 Cisco Demonstrates Commitment ...

WWDC 2012 : What companies are the potential biggest winners and losers from the announcements made at ...
Rakesh Agrawal's answer: Winners Apple - Well, duh. They showed the advantages of owning the whole stack vs. offering software to run on other ...

announcement « Blog – Stack Exchange
The simple answer is, it takes as long as it takes . We’ll wait. If a site needs more activity, go out and evangelize it . As long as your site ...