Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 RELEASED

Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 Release Announcement
September 18, 2012

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.15 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the fifteenth patch release
of Tcl/Tk 8.5.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

         http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

         http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/

Binaries for most major platforms will be available from:

         http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

         http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.14:
--------------------------------------

The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.15.  A complete list
can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree.  The
more complete Timelines of all changes are online

         http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/
         http://core.tcl.tk/tk/

This is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  Below are only the most notable changes.

    * Limited support for fork() with threads.  Enough for Rivet.

    * Restored performance appending to long strings.

    * Errors from execution traces become errors of the traced command.

    * Revise tm path search to favor providers that come first.

    * Restored missing string-based command delete callbacks.

    * Fixed crashes in...
         - [load]ing Tk on 64-bit Windows.
         - [destroy $scrollbar] (Cocoa).
         - execution stack memory management.
         - regexps with overflowing number of colors.
         - enter traces that destroy traced command.

    * Fixed [lsort -nocase] failure on non-ASCII characters.

    * Fixed failure of regexp {[[:cntrl:]]} to match \x00 to \x1f.

    * Corrected inconsistencies of I/O buffering.

    * Fix: [ttk::entry .e; .e xview end; .e xview insert].

    * Fix: [regexp {(\w).*?\1} abb] => 1.

    * Fixed keyboard bindings for reversed [ttk::scale].

    * For [ttk::progressbar .pb] make [.pb step] function in write traces.

    * Many file dialog fixes and improvements.

    * New package releases:
         http 2.7.12:     Support URLs with query but no path
         msgcat 1.5.2:    Use language packs (Vista+) locale
         platform 1.0.12: broaden glibc version detection

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager

--
| Don Porter            Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Announcement November 16, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.8 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 Release Announcement October 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ The actual releases of these files should come on Monday, Nov. 16. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Thanks! DGP Donald G Porter wrote: > > Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may > now be found at > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ You may also want to take a look at the draft release ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5 released
Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging Perl/Tk with it may be a herculean task. Have the other kits managed to use/support 8.5 yet ? Regards, Dean Arnold Presicient Corp. On Dec 27, 1:31 pm, Dean Arnold <dean.arn...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the > status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, > Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging > Perl/Tk ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 Release Announcement November 12, 2012 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.13 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange w...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 Release Announcement June 30, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.3 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the third patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: h...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 Release Announcement August 25, 2014 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.16 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange w...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 Release Announcement December 23, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 released
Thought this might interest some... http://www.osnews.com/story.php/19073/TclTk-8.5-Released The relevant bits for Python here are the major improvements in Tk, specifically native themed widgets for full platform integration on Windows and OS X and improved appearance under X11, additonal widgets such as a combobox and treeview, a faster, smoother text widget, anti-aliased font rendering under X11 and an improved font engine under OS X (ATUSI), and more. I've been giving 8.5 a test run in my own Tkinter application under OS X, and the improvements are pretty dramatic, especially ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 Release Announcement March 28, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.2 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the second patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: h...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 release
Release candidates are available: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tcl8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tk8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz I'm often wrong about such things, but I think these candidates will become the actual release. Please find and report any reason that should not happen. Without such a report, expect the release to become official on Friday. Off to write release notes... -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPor...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 Release Announcement February 29, 2016 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.6.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.6.4: -------------------------------------- This is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes an...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 Release Announcement April 15, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.7 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 Release Announcement April 3, 2013 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.14 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange we...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 Release Announcement June 24, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.10 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the tenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 RELEASED
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.12 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 Release Announcement February 5, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.1 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the first patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 Release Announcement September 8, 2010 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.9 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the ninth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 Release Announcement November 4, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.11 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eleventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.17 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.17 Release Announcement October 25, 2014 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.17 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventeenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.17 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchang...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.14 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc0-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8.5.14rc0-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8514rc0-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8514rc0-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc0-html.tar.gz The actual releases of these files should come on March 27. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the p...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Candidates
Release candidate downloads for Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 are available: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.4rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8.5.4rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.4rc2-html.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl854rc2-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk854rc2-src.zip Draft release notes are at: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=10894&release_id=619603 These files are expected to become the Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 release tomorrow, Friday, August 15, 2008, unless someone reports that testing indic...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 RELEASED - comp.lang.tcl

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Lil Wayne Released From Hospital After Sizzurp Overdose - ENTV
Lil Wayne has just been released from the hospital just days after Overdosing on Sizzurp or Texas Tea. He was put into a medically induced coma ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

First lots of Peet’s Flagstone City development released to market - The Courier-Mail Search Search
THE FIRST lots of the multi-billion dollar Flagstone development have been released to the market.

Bobbi Kristina autopsy released shows marijuana, alcohol, morphine and other drugs in her system
BOBBI Kristina Brown’s face was immersed in water and she was intoxicated with a mix of marijuana, alcohol, morphine and other drugs — both conditions ...