Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 RELEASED

Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 Release Announcement
August 25, 2014

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.16 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the sixteenth patch release
of Tcl/Tk 8.5.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

         http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/

Binaries for most major platforms will be available from:

         http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

         http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.15:
--------------------------------------

The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.15.  A complete list
can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree.  The
more complete Timelines of all changes are online

	http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/
	http://core.tcl.tk/tk/

This is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  Below are only the most notable changes.

    * Many fixes and improvements to Tk on OSX Cocoa and Retina displays.
      Build support for Xcode 5.1+.

    * Update to Unicode 7.0.
         *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

    * Enhancement: %E%G%X support in [scan].

    * Enhancement: PPM [$image write] now permits max value of 65535.

    * Fix: bad components in [$image write] files with transparency.

    * Fix: [menu] event race that made popup vanish immediately.

    * Fix: Win: avoid stall in async socket connect.

    * Fix: Win: readable event on async connect failure.

    * Fix: combobox invalid state from interactive selection.

    * Fix: Maintain validity in use of bytearray optimizations.

    * Workaround: TCL_TEMPLOAD_NO_UNLINK for [load] from kit troubles.

    * Fixed crashes in...
	- [dict] bytecode compilers
	- trace-induced race deleting a command and its import
	- recursive reflected channel operations
	- suicidal [close] or [interp delete] in reflected channel ops
	- unstacking stacked channels in mid-operation.
	- multi-threaded reflected channel map teardown

    * Revised refcount usage for Tcl_SetVar*(..,TCL_APPEND_VALUE)
         *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

    * Stop eof & blocked state leakage through stacked channels
         *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY  for channel drivers ***

    * Tcl_Channel is no longer Tcl_Preserve()-able.
         *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

    * Fix: channel background flush workaround broken select() syscalls.

    * Fix: Tcl_CreateNamespace(..., "foo::", ...) deletion failures.

    * Fix: many [info frame] line number reports.

    * Fix: Win: avoid serial channel double open; Bluetooth woes.

    * Fix: Win: no \ in normalized extended paths.

    * Significant refactoring in I/O core functions.

    * Win: update sockets implementation to use Winsock 2.2 .

    * Platform support improvements: Win 8.1, FreeBSD 10.0, HP-UX.

    * Fix: X: handling of fontconfig dependency in Tk builds.

    * New package releases:
	http 2.7.13:	 Accept upper case schemes in URLs
	tcltest 2.3.7:	 cleanup runs before output comparisons
	platform 1.0.13: Update macosx-* variant compatibilities

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager

Congratulation to the team !
Great release !
Much appreciated !
Harald
0
Harald
8/25/2014 8:39:25 PM
On 08/25/2014 11:31 AM, Don Porter wrote:
> Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 Release Announcement
> August 25, 2014

The release of Tk 8.5.16 on Monday mistakenly included a serious new
bug in its implementation on Mac OSX systems.  The release files have
been updated with a bug fix.  Tcl release files are unchanged.

The bug fix is isolated in code for the Mac OSX platform only, so it
is only critical that users of that platform get the updated files.

--
| Don Porter            Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |
| http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/                                  NIST |
Don
8/27/2014 5:03:05 PM
Has anyone thought of pushing Tcl/Tk through homebrew on OSX?

--
Bob
0

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Announcement November 16, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.8 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 Release Announcement October 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ The actual releases of these files should come on Monday, Nov. 16. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Thanks! DGP Donald G Porter wrote: > > Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may > now be found at > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ You may also want to take a look at the draft release ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5 released
Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging Perl/Tk with it may be a herculean task. Have the other kits managed to use/support 8.5 yet ? Regards, Dean Arnold Presicient Corp. On Dec 27, 1:31 pm, Dean Arnold <dean.arn...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the > status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, > Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging > Perl/Tk ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 Release Announcement April 3, 2013 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.14 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange we...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 Release Announcement September 18, 2012 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.15 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchang...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 Release Announcement September 8, 2010 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.9 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the ninth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 RELEASED
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.12 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 Release Announcement April 15, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.7 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 Release Announcement November 12, 2012 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.13 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange w...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 Release Announcement December 23, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 Release Announcement November 4, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.11 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eleventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 RELEASED - comp.lang.tcl

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

HTC ONE M8 Hands On Review Not Released Yet:FULL - YouTube
re-uploaded because the original was taken down by a noob reviewer. ENJOY Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NiallDeBarra

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Nigel Sears to be released from hospital after collapse at Australian Open
Ana Ivanovic's British coach Nigel Sears was due to be released from a Melbourne hospital on Sunday afternoon, having been dramatically carried ...

Watch Pokemon's First Super Bowl Spot, the First Super Bowl 50 Ad to Be Released
Pokmon has released its first-ever Super Bowl commercial, which encourages kids to "train on." In the spot, actually an extended version of ...