Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 RELEASED

Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 Release Announcement
October 15, 2008

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.5 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the fifth patch release
of Tcl/Tk 8.5.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

          http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

Binaries for most major platforms are available from:

          http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

          http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.4:
--------------------------------------

The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.5.  A complete list
can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree.  The
more complete ChangeLog is also included with each source release.  This
is a patch release, so it primarily included bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  Below are only the most notable changes.

    * Revised formatting of numeric values returned by [xy]view methods
      passed to -[xy]scrollcommand callbacks, and others so they are
      explicitly formatted as strings Tcl recognizes as doubles.  Avoids
      problems that changing locale can otherwise create.
          *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

    * Fixed [tk_getOpenFile -multiple 1] on unix.

    * Corrected broken handling of ***= regular expressions.

    * Prevent overflow crash in [lrepeat].

     * Tcl now only asks the system to unload shared libraries that
explicitly
       support Tcl's [unload] facility.
          *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

    * Corrected failure to export [min] and [max] from ::tcl::mathfunc.

    * Fixed incorrect isqrt() results on a few values and platforms.

    * Fixed crash in [namespace inscope] involving Tcl_ConcatObj().

    * Improved efficiency converting between lists and dicts.

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Announcement November 16, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.8 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.7: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.8. A complete list can be found in t...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ The actual releases of these files should come on Monday, Nov. 16. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Thanks! DGP Donald G Porter wrote: > > Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may > now be found at > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ You may also want to take a look at the draft release notes. http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.8/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.8.txt/view DGP ...

ANN: eTcl 1.0rc30 (Tcl/Tk 5.5.5 based, Pixane 0.8 embedded)
ANNOUNCE: eTcl 1.0-rc30 I'm pleased to announce immediate availability of eTcl 1.0-rc30 for Windows, linux (x86, x86_64, arm, mipsel, powerpc), Windows Mobile (2003, 2003SE, 5.x and 6.x) pocketPC and smartphones, and Mac OS X (Aqua) as universal binary (x86 and PPC). WHERE TO GET ============ It is available from: http://www.evolane.com/software/etcl/index.html http://www.evolane.com/ WHAT'S NEW ========== Some extras features since previous announcement: - Tcl/Tk 8.5.5, supported on all architectures including WinCE. - Support for OOP thanks to TclOO 0.6 - New commands have been added to wce package (Windows Mobile extension) to access GPSID (GPS intermediate driver) and handle power management. - Full version delivered with ready to use kits for tcllib 1.11, tklib and bwidgets - Pixane 0.8, including extended BMP support and faster image subsampling. - ::etcl::snapshot command to capture window content into Tk photo - Sqlite 3.6.6.1 - applets to wrap sources into a standalone executable has been added eTcl 1.0-rc30 also comes with up to date versions of several packages. As usual, it also includes fixed for several bugs. See changelog at: http://www.evolane.com/software/etcl/CHANGES.txt WHAT IS IT ========== eTcl is a "batteries-included", thread enabled Tcl/Tk runtime, available as a single standalone executable for Linux (x86, x86_64, ARM, Mips and PowerPC), Win32 (Win98 to ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5 released
Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging Perl/Tk with it may be a herculean task. Have the other kits managed to use/support 8.5 yet ? Regards, Dean Arnold Presicient Corp. On Dec 27, 1:31 pm, Dean Arnold <dean.arn...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the > status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, > Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging > Perl/Tk ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 Release Announcement December 23, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.5: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.6. A complete list can be found i...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 Release Announcement March 28, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.2 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the second patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.1: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.2. A complete list can be found in the c...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 Release Announcement June 30, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.3 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the third patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.2: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.3. A complete list can be found in th...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 Release Announcement June 24, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.10 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the tenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.9: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.10. A complete list can be found in the changes file at ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.3: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.4. A complete list can be found in the...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 Release Announcement August 25, 2014 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.16 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange w...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 Release Announcement February 29, 2016 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.6.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.6.4: -------------------------------------- This is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes an...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 Release Announcement September 8, 2010 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.9 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the ninth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.8: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.9. A complete list can be found in th...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 released
Thought this might interest some... http://www.osnews.com/story.php/19073/TclTk-8.5-Released The relevant bits for Python here are the major improvements in Tk, specifically native themed widgets for full platform integration on Windows and OS X and improved appearance under X11, additonal widgets such as a combobox and treeview, a faster, smoother text widget, anti-aliased font rendering under X11 and an improved font engine under OS X (ATUSI), and more. I've been giving 8.5 a test run in my own Tkinter application under OS X, and the improvements are pretty dramatic, especially ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 RELEASED
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.12 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms will be available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.11: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.12. A complete list can be found in the changes file at t...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 Release Announcement November 4, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.11 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eleventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.10: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.11. A complete list can be found in the changes ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 Release Announcement April 3, 2013 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.14 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms will be available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.13: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.14....

Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 Release Announcement April 15, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.7 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.6: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.7. A complete list can be found in the...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 Release Announcement February 5, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.1 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the first patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.0: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.1. A complete list can be found in...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.9 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ The actual releases of these files should come on Monday. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Draft release notes are found at http://sf.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.9/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.9.txt/view -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Στις 3/9/2010 7:01 μμ, ο/η Donald G Porter έγραψε: > Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.9 releases of Tcl and Tk may > now be found at > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ > > The actual releases of these files should come on Monday. > Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything > catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix > the problem before the true release. > > Draft release notes are found at > > http://sf.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.9/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.9.txt/view > > I saw this load change under windows, and I am puzzled about the proposed change in KB2264107: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2264107 An...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 Release Announcement December 20, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.0 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the first stable release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including a summary of new features. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5b3: -------------------------------------- A complete list can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree. The more complete ChangeLog is also included with each source release. The short list of key changes since the Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 release follows....

Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 Release Candidates
Now available for preview download are release candidates of Tcl/Tk 8.6.5: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.5/ Also available from: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_6/ Included in the main Tcl distribution are releases of the following bundled packages: Itcl 4.0.4 Thread 2.7.3 sqlite3 3.11.0 tdbc 1.0.4 tdbc::mysql 1.0.4 tdbc::odbc 1.0.4 tdbc::postgres 1.0.4 tdbc::sqlite3 1.0.4 Intended release date is February 29, 2016 -- next Monday. The draft release notes may be browsed online here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.5/tcltk-release-notes-8.6.5.txt/view Please report back ASAP if you discover anything disastrously wrong with these candidate downloads so that the release can be corrected or aborted. Thanks all! -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| FreeBSD 10.1/clang: Warnings in tcl db interfaces about casting a shorter value (int) to pointers. Warnings in tk about XKeycodeToKeysym being deprecated. I ran my application's test suite (such as it is) and everything seems to work fine (the failures are timing issues in my tests): Final: Total 1797 Passed 1790 Skipped 0 Failed 7 ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.19 Release Candidates
Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 RC 1 now available in ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/ Scheduled for release April 18, 2008, unless some critical flaw is reported. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Had a typo in the Subject line. It is release 8.*4*.19. Donald G Porter wrote: > Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 RC 1 now available in > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/ > > Scheduled for release April 18, 2008, unless some critical flaw is > reported. > -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Donald G Porter wrote: > Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 RC 1 now available in > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/ > > Scheduled for release April 18, 2008, unless some critical flaw is > reported. Such a flaw has been found. Keep testing as you like, but don't expect 8.4.19 tomorrow after all. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist....

Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 Release Candidates
We are in the closing days of development leading to the release of Tcl/Tk 8.5.0. "Release Candidate 2" [*] is available via ftp: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tk8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-html.tar.gz for testing purposes. Please report any issues to the SourceForge Trackers without delay. Please limit the use of these to testing. Do not embed them in products for distribution to end users. Save that for the actual 8.5.0 releases. There will be at least one more Release Candidate that may become the 8.5.0 release. At a minimum, some changes files and release note matters need more updates. [*] Release Candidates 0 and 1 were announced on developer mailing lists only. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Donald G Porter wrote: > > We are in the closing days of development leading to the release of > Tcl/Tk 8.5.0. "Release Candidate 2" [*] is available via ftp: > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tk8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-html.tar.gz The correct URLs are: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.14 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc0-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8.5.14rc0-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8514rc0-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8514rc0-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc0-html.tar.gz The actual releases of these files should come on March 27. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Also available for preview are the draft release notes: http://sf.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.14/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.14.txt/view -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| After some bug fixes and delays, a new round of Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.14 releases of Tcl and Tk may be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc1-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8.5.14rc1-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8514rc1-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8514rc1-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 RELEASED - comp.lang.tcl

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

Search Twitter - Released
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Jakob Delgado ...

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Video Released In Officer-Involved Shooting Of Homeless Man - YouTube
Monroe, LA - Prosecutors in Louisiana released a security video Thursday of the shooting a homeless man by a West Monroe police officer in December. ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Prisoners released on bail instead of remanded because of jail overcrowding
Some magistrates are so frustrated with prisoners continually missing court appearances, they are releasing them on bail - believing it's more ...

Game of Thrones season 6 trailer released but Jon Snow still looks very dead
The trailer for Game of Thones' highly-anticipated sixth season has dropped, and fans are unfortunately none the wiser.