Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 RELEASED

Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 Release Announcement
April 15, 2009

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.7 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the seventh patch release
of Tcl/Tk 8.5.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

         http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

Binaries for most major platforms are available from:

         http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

         http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.6:
--------------------------------------

The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.7.  A complete list
can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree.  The
more complete ChangeLog is also included with each source release.  This
is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  Below are only the most notable changes.

    * Embeddable CoreFoundation notifier on Darwin.

    * Improved compatibility support in [load] on Darwin.

    * Restored Tk_CreatePhotoImageFormat compat with aMSN.

    * Stopped blurry large fonts on Vista.

    * New version 1.0.3 of platform package:
      - more details in identifiers for Darwin

    * New version 2.7.3 of http package:
      - fixes connect failure when partial lines returned

    * New version 2.3.1 of tcltest package:
      - removes several unsafe [eval]s

    * Menu image display fixes.

    * Fixed crash in Tk_MakeWindowExist() seen with gitk.

    * Fixed [file pathtype] on volumerelative paths.

    * Extended virtual events to work when Caps Lock is on.

    * Stopped memory leak in [file normalize].

    * Fixed crash on exit with [chan create]d channels.

    * Prevent crashes overflowing max string lengths.

    * Improved support for MSVC builds on _WIN64 systems.

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager

0
dgporter (104)

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Announcement November 16, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.8 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.7: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.8. A complete list can be found in t...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 Release Announcement October 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.4: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.5. A complete list can be found in...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ The actual releases of these files should come on Monday, Nov. 16. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Thanks! DGP Donald G Porter wrote: > > Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may > now be found at > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ You may also want to take a look at the draft release notes. http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.8/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.8.txt/view DGP ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5 released
Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging Perl/Tk with it may be a herculean task. Have the other kits managed to use/support 8.5 yet ? Regards, Dean Arnold Presicient Corp. On Dec 27, 1:31 pm, Dean Arnold <dean.arn...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the > status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, > Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging > Perl/Tk ...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.3, Itcl 4.0.2, sqlite 3.8.7 Release Candidates
Release candidate downloads of the 8.6.3 releases of Tcl and Tk, Itcl 4.0.2, and sqlite 3.8.7 may now be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.3/ The actual releases of these files should come on October 29. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 Release Announcement February 5, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.1 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the first patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.1 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.0: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.1. A complete list can be found in...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 Release Announcement September 8, 2010 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.9 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the ninth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.8: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.9. A complete list can be found in th...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 Release Announcement August 25, 2014 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.16 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange w...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 Release Announcement November 4, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.11 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eleventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.10: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.11. A complete list can be found in the changes ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 Release Announcement December 23, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.5: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.6. A complete list can be found i...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 Release Announcement February 29, 2016 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.6.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.6.4: -------------------------------------- This is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes an...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 Release Announcement April 3, 2013 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.14 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms will be available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.13: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.14....

Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 RELEASED
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.12 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms will be available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.11: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.12. A complete list can be found in the changes file at t...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 Release Announcement June 24, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.10 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the tenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/ Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.9: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.10. A complete list can be found in the changes file at ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.3: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.4. A complete list can be found in the...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 released
Thought this might interest some... http://www.osnews.com/story.php/19073/TclTk-8.5-Released The relevant bits for Python here are the major improvements in Tk, specifically native themed widgets for full platform integration on Windows and OS X and improved appearance under X11, additonal widgets such as a combobox and treeview, a faster, smoother text widget, anti-aliased font rendering under X11 and an improved font engine under OS X (ATUSI), and more. I've been giving 8.5 a test run in my own Tkinter application under OS X, and the improvements are pretty dramatic, especially ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 Release Announcement March 28, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.2 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the second patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.1: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.2. A complete list can be found in the c...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 Release Announcement June 30, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.3 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the third patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.3 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.2: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.3. A complete list can be found in th...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 Release Candidates
We are in the closing days of development leading to the release of Tcl/Tk 8.5.0. "Release Candidate 2" [*] is available via ftp: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tk8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-html.tar.gz for testing purposes. Please report any issues to the SourceForge Trackers without delay. Please limit the use of these to testing. Do not embed them in products for distribution to end users. Save that for the actual 8.5.0 releases. There will be at least one more Release Candidate that may become the 8.5.0 release. At a minimum, some changes files and release note matters need more updates. [*] Release Candidates 0 and 1 were announced on developer mailing lists only. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Donald G Porter wrote: > > We are in the closing days of development leading to the release of > Tcl/Tk 8.5.0. "Release Candidate 2" [*] is available via ftp: > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tk8.5.0rc2-src.tar.gz > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8.5.0rc2-html.tar.gz The correct URLs are: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.9 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ The actual releases of these files should come on Monday. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Draft release notes are found at http://sf.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.9/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.9.txt/view -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Στις 3/9/2010 7:01 μμ, ο/η Donald G Porter έγραψε: > Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.9 releases of Tcl and Tk may > now be found at > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ > > The actual releases of these files should come on Monday. > Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything > catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix > the problem before the true release. > > Draft release notes are found at > > http://sf.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.9/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.9.txt/view > > I saw this load change under windows, and I am puzzled about the proposed change in KB2264107: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2264107 An...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.14 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.14 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc0-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8.5.14rc0-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8514rc0-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8514rc0-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc0-html.tar.gz The actual releases of these files should come on March 27. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Also available for preview are the draft release notes: http://sf.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.5.14/tcltk-release-notes-8.5.14.txt/view -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| After some bug fixes and delays, a new round of Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.14 releases of Tcl and Tk may be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8.5.14rc1-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8.5.14rc1-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tcl8514rc1-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/tk8514rc1-src.zip ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.19 Release Candidates
Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 RC 1 now available in ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/ Scheduled for release April 18, 2008, unless some critical flaw is reported. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Had a typo in the Subject line. It is release 8.*4*.19. Donald G Porter wrote: > Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 RC 1 now available in > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/ > > Scheduled for release April 18, 2008, unless some critical flaw is > reported. > -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Donald G Porter wrote: > Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 RC 1 now available in > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/ > > Scheduled for release April 18, 2008, unless some critical flaw is > reported. Such a flaw has been found. Keep testing as you like, but don't expect 8.4.19 tomorrow after all. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist....

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 Release Announcement December 20, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.0 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the first stable release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including a summary of new features. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5b3: -------------------------------------- A complete list can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree. The more complete ChangeLog is also included with each source release. The short list of key changes since the Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 release follows....

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 RELEASED - comp.lang.tcl

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Lil Wayne Released From Hospital After Sizzurp Overdose - ENTV
Lil Wayne has just been released from the hospital just days after Overdosing on Sizzurp or Texas Tea. He was put into a medically induced coma ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Prisoners released on bail instead of remanded because of jail overcrowding
Some magistrates are so frustrated with prisoners continually missing court appearances, they are releasing them on bail - believing it's more ...

Game of Thrones season 6 trailer released but Jon Snow still looks very dead
The trailer for Game of Thones' highly-anticipated sixth season has dropped, and fans are unfortunately none the wiser.