Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 RELEASED

Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 Release Announcement
March 12, 2015

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.4 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the fourth patch release
of Tcl/Tk 8.6.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

         http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.6.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

         http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/

Binaries for most major platforms are available from:

         http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

         http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.6.3:
--------------------------------------

This is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  All relevant bug fixes (and some more) up to and
including 8.5.18 changes are included in 8.6.4.  Highlighted changes are
noted below.  The changes file at the root of the source tree contains
a more complete list.  The Timelines of all changes are online.

	http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/
	http://core.tcl.tk/tk/

    * Debut of Tk-Cocoa 2.0 - Mac App Store compatible!
         http://www.codebykevin.com/blosxom.cgi/2015/01/30
         *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

    * [TIP 427] Improved async socket connects and introspection

    * [TIP 433] New binding substitution %M
         *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

    * Additional restoration of read beyond EOF on channels.

    * Fixed [lreplace {1 2 3} 2 0].

    * Fixed crashes in...
	- optimized binary [chan copy]
	- [tk_getOpenFile ... -typevariable $x -filetypes $x]

    * Fixed hang in Win async socket connection

    * Fixed encoding handling of Win socket errors

    * Fixed corrupt dashed lines in postscript output

    * Restored tbcload and tclcompiler support

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager

Don Porter wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Binaries for most major platforms are available from:
>
>          http://www.activestate.com/Tcl
> [snip]

What is available there is ver 8.6.3.1 :<

0
Richard
3/14/2015 1:01:01 AM
On 14/03/2015 13:26, Richard Owlett wrote:
> What is available there is ver 8.6.3.1 :<

They often lag by a few weeks, as they do a bunch of integration testing
on other packages too.

Donal.
--
Donal Fellows — Tcl user, Tcl maintainer, TIP editor.
0
Donal K. Fellows wrote:
> On 14/03/2015 13:26, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> What is available there is ver 8.6.3.1 :<
>
> They often lag by a few weeks, as they do a bunch of integration
> testing on other packages too.
>
> Donal.

Thank you. I didn't notice the version number until trying to
trouble shoot an install glitch - I got a error message of
improper permission when setting up teacup, suspect my firewall
settings. Nothing time critical so will check back later.

0
Richard

Tcl/Tk 8.6.3, Itcl 4.0.2, sqlite 3.8.7 Release Candidates
Release candidate downloads of the 8.6.3 releases of Tcl and Tk, Itcl 4.0.2, and sqlite 3.8.7 may now be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.3/ The actual releases of these files should come on October 29. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 Release Candidates
Now available for preview download are release candidates of Tcl/Tk 8.6.4: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.4/ Included in the main Tcl distribution are releases of the following bundled packages: Itcl 4.0.3 Thread 2.7.2 sqlite3 3.8.8.3 tdbc 1.0.3 tdbc::mysql 1.0.3 tdbc::odbc 1.0.3 tdbc::postgres 1.0.3 tdbc::sqlite3 1.0.3 Intended release date is March 12, 2015 -- that is, tomorrow. Please report back ASAP if you discover anything disastrously wrong with these candidate downloads so that the release can be ...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 Release Announcement March 1, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.6 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://ww...

ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 8.6 released (supports TCL/TK 8.6.0)
This message announces the availability of freeWrap version 6.6. FreeWrap 6.6 is based on TCL/TK 8.6.0 freeWrap is a program that allows creation of stand-alone TCL/TK executables without needing a compiler. Versions are free and available for the Windows and Linux operating systems. Instructions and source code for building freeWrap are also available. The following additional variation of freeWrap is also available for download: freewrapTCLSH a console-only application which includes only TCL. Please visit the freeWrap home page: http://freewrap....

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 Release Announcement July 22, 2003 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.4 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://w...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 Release Announcement November 22, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.8 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http...

Bug789040 came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5.
Dear All, Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Chengye Mao http://www.geocities.com/~chengye Chengye Mao wrote: > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Have you i...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > ...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.0 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.0 Release Announcement December 20, 2012 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.0 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the first stable release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.0 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web s...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 released
Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 Release Announcement April 19, 2006 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.13 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the thirteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ht...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.20 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.4.20 Release Announcement June 1, 2013 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.20 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twentieth and *FINAL* patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. With this release, support for Tcl/Tk 8.4 comes to an end. The current release sequence for Tcl and Tk is 8.6.*. All Tcl/Tk users are encouraged to migrate to that release sequence for future work. A note on Mac OS X systems: Tk 8.4.20 continues to be implemented on the Carbon system, as were earlier 8.4.* releases. This means Tk 8.4.20 is not suitable for ...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.2 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.2 Release Announcement August 27, 2014 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.2 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the second patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.2 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web sit...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 release
Release candidates are available: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tcl8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tk8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz I'm often wrong about such things, but I think these candidates will become the actual release. Please find and report any reason that should not happen. Without such a report, expect the release to become official on Friday. Off to write release notes... -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPor...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 RELEASED - comp.lang.tcl

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

WSJ: ‘Research in Motion Says Its New BlackBerry 10 Smartphone Won’t Be Released Until First-Quarter ...
What’s the over/under that RIM is still an independent company in Q1 2013?

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Baby mouse is all grown up and released back to the wild! - YouTube
This young mouse was hand reared at HART Wildlife Rescue. Here he is being released back to the wild and he can't quite believe it!

Hunger-striking US exec released from Dubai jail on Dh5m bail
Hunger striker Zack Shahin, the former Deyaar chief executive charged with misusing his powers and approving bids in return for millions, was ...

Hillary Clinton Campaign Meltdown: Top-Secret Emails ‘Innocuous,’ Should Be Released
Hillary Clinton Campaign Meltdown: Top-Secret Emails 'Innocuous,' Should Be Released

The High Llamas released 'Here Come the Rattling Trees,' share video for "McKain James" directed by Elisa ...
by Bill Pearis The High Llamas' lovely new album, Here Come the Rattling Trees, was released last week via Drag City. Like all their work: it's ...