Tcl/Tk for native Windows x64?

Folks:

Is Tcl/Tk available for Windows x64 (2003 server 64 or XP-64) as native
64-bit binaries?  I've seen Active Tcl's website but they don't mention
64-bit windows.

I'm porting a 32-bit signal processing program (huge beast) written in C
that uses curses for input, and I'm evaluating what to use for porting.  I
can't find a suitable x64 implementation of curses, so I'm checking other
options.  My target platforms are Win32, native x64 Windows, and Solaris
(probably Linux in a couple of years), so I need a GUI method available on
all those platforms.  If you have any suggestions I'll appreciate it

Sergio

"Sergio Ramirez" <calzadas01@hotmail.com> writes:

>Folks:
>
>Is Tcl/Tk available for Windows x64 (2003 server 64 or XP-64) as native
>64-bit binaries?  I've seen Active Tcl's website but they don't mention
>64-bit windows.
>
>I'm porting a 32-bit signal processing program (huge beast) written in C
>that uses curses for input, and I'm evaluating what to use for porting.  I
>can't find a suitable x64 implementation of curses, so I'm checking other
>options.  My target platforms are Win32, native x64 Windows, and Solaris
>(probably Linux in a couple of years), so I need a GUI method available on
>all those platforms.  If you have any suggestions I'll appreciate it
>
>Sergio

Get the Microsoft Windows Platform SDK and install it. Open the build
environment for Windows XP 64 bit retail (there are a bunch of similar
options installed into the start menus). Now go and build tcl using
the win/makefile.vc build script.

I have an example of a Win64-amd64 tclkit at
http://www.patthoyts.tk/tclkit.html#amd64
which you  might like to try out.

--
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.

OK, Thanks.  I'll try that.  I think we've found an alternate option (write
a mini-curses using the console API and continue to use curses in Solaris),
but will try Tcl/Tk anyways.

Sergio

"Pat Thoyts" <cnggublgf@hfref.fbheprsbetr.arg> wrote in message
> "Sergio Ramirez" <calzadas01@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>>Folks:
>>
>>Is Tcl/Tk available for Windows x64 (2003 server 64 or XP-64) as native
>>64-bit binaries?  I've seen Active Tcl's website but they don't mention
>>64-bit windows.
>>
>>I'm porting a 32-bit signal processing program (huge beast) written in C
>>that uses curses for input, and I'm evaluating what to use for porting.  I
>>can't find a suitable x64 implementation of curses, so I'm checking other
>>options.  My target platforms are Win32, native x64 Windows, and Solaris
>>(probably Linux in a couple of years), so I need a GUI method available on
>>all those platforms.  If you have any suggestions I'll appreciate it
>>
>>Sergio
>
> Get the Microsoft Windows Platform SDK and install it. Open the build
> environment for Windows XP 64 bit retail (there are a bunch of similar
> options installed into the start menus). Now go and build tcl using
> the win/makefile.vc build script.
>
> I have an example of a Win64-amd64 tclkit at
> http://www.patthoyts.tk/tclkit.html#amd64
> which you  might like to try out.
>
> --
> Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
> To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.
> PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk for native Windows x64? - comp.lang.tcl

The Windows Blog

'Please save my baby': dramatic footage as the man who caught baby dropped from burning apartment window ...
The mystery man who saved a newborn baby dropped by his mother out of a burning apartment window has been found, as dramatic footage sheds new ...

Apple confirms it will livestream March 21st event for iOS, Mac, Apple TV and Windows users
Apple has confirmed it will be livestreaming its just-announced March 21st media event , expected to feature several product unveilings including ...

Android N Multi-Window Includes Ability To Drag & Drop Text
Now that Android N is officially here in a preview form and everyone has had a chance to digest its arrival, the details on what is on offer ...

Microsoft reportedly installing Windows 10 without consent again
... to its newest operating system. A month ago it switched the update status from 'optional' to ' recommended' , and last week it snuck Windows ...

Microsoft is using an Internet Explorer security patch to shove more 'Upgrade to Windows 10' nagware ...
If you've got a Windows 7 or Windows 8x computer that is not owned and managed by your company, and you haven't upgraded it to Windows 10 yet, ...

Sydney mom drops baby and toddler from 2nd floor window
... say a mother trapped by fire in her Sydney apartment has safely dropped her 2-day-old baby and 2 year-old toddler from a second-floor window ...