Tcl/Tk for programmers (J Adrian Zimmer)

Could anybody provide me with 23 and 24th parts of that book, I'll be
very greatfull.

0
ppavlo (6)

As far as I am aware, the author has never legally released the book
electronically. So until he does, any traffic on this newsgroup related
to electronic copies would be inappropriate.

0
lvirden (1938)
12/5/2005 8:20:15 PM
I understand. It's not available in any internet book shop that are
known to me in my country. And i haven't seen it in paper too in my
town. Thank you. Sorry for openning  such illegal theme:)

0
ppavlo (6)
12/6/2005 4:52:41 PM
You could, of course, contact the author, describe your situation, and
see if he would be willing to make some sort of arrangements with you.

0
lvirden (1938)

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Introducing Tcl/Tk to a programmer
I have a programmer friend who recently asked me recommend a language for him to learn. He wants a utility language which he can use to write small tools and applications, preferably with a GUI and to run on Windows. "Sure," I said, "Perl! No - wait! Tcl!" I've been using Tcl for 10 years or more but I've never had to describe why it's so much better than Perl et al from a scripting point of view. (I can describe embedability, extensability, etc.) I kind of "know" the beauty of the language is it's dynamic nature, but how do you get that across to someone who is used to coding C++ for a living? I volunteered to go round to this guy's house and show him the light. I envision myself sitting in front of tkcon making buttons and things pop up. That'll take 5 minutes. Any suggestions where I take him next? -- The email address used to post is a spam pit. Contact me at http://www.derekfountain.org : <a href="http://www.derekfountain.org/">Derek Fountain</a> Derek Fountain wrote: > I have a programmer friend who recently asked me recommend a language for > him to learn. He wants a utility language which he can use to write small > tools and applications, preferably with a GUI and to run on Windows. > "Sure," I said, "Perl! No - wait! Tcl!" > > I've been using Tcl for 10 years or more but I've never had to describe why > it's so much better than Perl ...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

Experienced Tcl/Tk Programmer Required
Must reside in or around the Atlanta area. Contact for more details. Contact Information: Dr Alex Van der Velden Engineering Director velden@engineous.com Please do not reply to this email! ...

ANNOUNCE: ADB and ADBSQL pure-tcl database engine for Tcl/Tk
Dear All, I'm happy to announce today the first release of adb/adbsql. ADB together with the MySQL database connectivity module adbsql are a Tcl/Tk package useful for Tcl/Tk programmers that want to store their data in a database-kind of way with tables and fields. Two (optional) features of ADB that may make it worthwhile for you: * Writing the database as XML output and later of course the ability to read it. * Connecting directly to a MySQL database. The fun part of ADB is that you can either use it as a full pure tcl library, or you can use these advanced features that require additional packages. Both modules are released under open source LGPL or BSD licenses (your pick) More information: http://wiki.tcl.tk/6319 - Tcl/Tk wiki page on ADB http://sourceforge.net/projects/adbsql/ - Sourceforge page (including download area) http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adb.html - Manual page of ADB http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adbsql.html - Manual page of ADBSQL Kind regards, Roalt Aalmoes ...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

Tcl/Tk Scripting Programmer Required for NewViews
I am a semi-retired business consultant. Over the last 20 years I have written and supported many procedures for the accounting program "NewViews" by Q.W. Page in Toronto. The original NewViews was a single-user, DOS based application and incorporated its own interpretative procedure language which is very similar to BASIC. The new version is a multi-user, platform independent application and no longer supports the original NewViews Procedure Language. It uses Tcl/Tk scripting. My clients are anxious to upgrade to the new program. All the procedures I have written will need to be re-written in Tcl/Tk. I have no experience in scripting languages and I don't have the time or the inclination to learn. I am looking for someone who is fluent in Tcl/Tk who is willing to work with me to rewrite these applications. I am looking for someone in the Lower Mainland area of BC Canada who is willing to do piece work on this project. Fees are negotiable and they will be generous. This is a NOW project - the sooner the better. Some experience with accounting applications would help but would not be necessary. BTW, once the switch to the new program is complete, all of these clients will need ongoing support and I will want the new programmer to take on this work so that I can completely retire. Best wishes Terry Tried to respond off the list but the email address above doesn't work. If you can't locate someone from lower mainland BC, ...

emulation of users activities for TCL/TK programm
Hello ALL, Could you suggest us how to solve this task: emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. We've tryed to send API-messages like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L ) to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer. Thank you in advance! -- Best regards, Gleb dispath [at] rambler [dot] ru Hello Gleb, >emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, >menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. >We've tryed to send API-messages > > like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L ) > >to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found >hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer. this looks really complicated and like much work. You should try out the cwind package (http://mini.net/tcl/cwind). I used it to send key strokes to another app but you can also send mouse clicks. Good luck Helmut Giese In article <41f0ed90.2952734@News.Individual.DE>, Helmut Giese <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote: >Hello Gleb, > >>emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, >>menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. >>We've tryed to send API-messages >> >> like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L ) >> >>to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found >>hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer. >this ...

Looking for a Programmers Guide for Tcl Tk Libraries

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

2nd Call For Papers for the 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010)
[[ Important Changes: More information about registration at the hotel. Our location chair has organized special social activities, both geeky (FermiLab Tour) and cultured (Theatre). See below for more. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

blt-20100206.tar.gz on ftp://www.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/nightly-cvs/
It appears this BLT file was placed there a couple of weeks ago on Feb. 7, 2010. I downloaded it but couldn't get the example scripts to run. It seems some files are missing, such as pkgIndex.tcl and BLT24.dll. Has anyone else tried looking at it? Regards, sd/ Any issues compiling it? I tried on Linux and get this: bltPictDraw.c:62: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before =91XftFont=92 bltPictDraw.c: In function =91CreateSimpleTextLayout=92: bltPictDraw.c:597: error: =91FtFont=92 has no member named =91height=92 bltPictDraw.c:614: error: =91FtFont=92 has no member...

Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community
Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community. After years of TCL Dev I am giving something back to the Dev Tcl Community. You can download NetpackX including source code at http://helihobby.com/netpackx/index.html and also you may download lots of cool aps and libs here: http://helihobby.com/netpackx/Tcl_Tk/tcl_tk.html I hope TCL/TK continues to grow and special thanks to Jeff Hobbs for his support. Regards, Sean - www.HeliHobby.com ...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/ September 23 - 27, 2013 Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana, USA http://www.bourbonorleans.com/ Hello all. This is a general reminder that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on August 19, i.e. in a week. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Donal Fellows University of Manchester Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Ron Fox NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University Steve Landers Digital Smarties Contact Information tclconference@googlegroups.com ...

YouTube Playlist: Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming Using Itcl (incr Tcl) Lessons
Hi. Like I promised you hours ago.. The playlist in English : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ The same playlist in Arabic : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_91kA-iUz_5XGNmHzivHBG Enjoy! On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:04:21 PM UTC+2, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Hi. > > Like I promised you hours ago.. > > The playlist in English : > > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ > > The same playlist in Arabic : > > https://www.youtube.com/playli...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk for programmers (J Adrian Zimmer) - comp.lang.tcl

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtd

Managing Programmers
Programmers are not like the other kids. They cannot and should not be managed like normal people if your intent is to produce high quality software. ...

CudaText: a programmer’s editor that everyone can use
You need a Notepad replacement, but web searches only get you overcomplicated programmer's editors aimed at people who think in regular expressions ...

One of the world's most important programmers works from home in his bathrobe in complete silence
Linus Torvalds, the founder and maintainer of the incredibly popular free Linux operating system, spends his days working from home in a bathrobe ...

Programmers: It’s time to tame Python
If you’re pursuing a career in coding, you’re going to have to reckon with Python, one of the most popular programming languages in use. A valuable ...

Uber Hires Programmers Who Can Win A Fight With Their Robot
Tech companies like Uber and Dropbox are using CodeFights, a platform that enables programmers to compete with one another to solve coding challenges, ...

Fighting ‘ticket bots’: Washington AG says it’s too early to tweak state law to protect altruistic programmers ...
... to pillage vast amount of show tickets. Rep. Jesse Young, R- Gig Harbor, has introduced a bill to slightly change that law to protect programmers ...

Unlocking Opportunities for Video Programmers of Color
... rooms. FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler's proposal to "unlock the box" would create greater opportunities for the talent and experiences of programmers ...