Tcl/Tk Scripting Programmer Required for NewViews

I am a semi-retired business consultant.  Over the last 20 years I have
written and supported many procedures for the accounting program "NewViews"
by Q.W. Page in Toronto.  The original NewViews was a single-user, DOS based
application and incorporated its own interpretative procedure language which
is very similar to BASIC.

The new version is a multi-user, platform independent application and no
longer supports the original NewViews Procedure Language.  It uses Tcl/Tk
scripting.  My clients are anxious to upgrade to the new program.  All the
procedures I have written will need to be re-written in Tcl/Tk.  I have no
experience in scripting languages and I don't have the time or the
inclination to learn.  I am looking for someone who is fluent in Tcl/Tk who
is willing to work with me to rewrite these applications.

I am looking for someone in the Lower Mainland area of BC Canada who is
willing to do piece work on this project.  Fees are negotiable and they will
be generous.  This is a NOW project - the sooner the better.  Some
experience with accounting applications would help but would not be
necessary.

BTW, once the switch to the new program is complete, all of these clients
will need ongoing support and I will want the new programmer to take on this
work so that I can completely retire.

Best wishes
Terry

Tried to respond off the list but the email address above doesn't work.

If you can't locate someone from lower mainland BC,   I'm from Ontario.

bob

Terry Blaker wrote:

> I am a semi-retired business consultant.  Over the last 20 years I have
> written and supported many procedures for the accounting program
> "NewViews"
> by Q.W. Page in Toronto.  The original NewViews was a single-user, DOS
> based application and incorporated its own interpretative procedure
> language which is very similar to BASIC.
>
> The new version is a multi-user, platform independent application and no
> longer supports the original NewViews Procedure Language.  It uses Tcl/Tk
> scripting.  My clients are anxious to upgrade to the new program.  All the
> procedures I have written will need to be re-written in Tcl/Tk.  I have no
> experience in scripting languages and I don't have the time or the
> inclination to learn.  I am looking for someone who is fluent in Tcl/Tk
> who is willing to work with me to rewrite these applications.
>
> I am looking for someone in the Lower Mainland area of BC Canada who is
> willing to do piece work on this project.  Fees are negotiable and they
> will
> be generous.  This is a NOW project - the sooner the better.  Some
> experience with accounting applications would help but would not be
> necessary.
>
> BTW, once the switch to the new program is complete, all of these clients
> will need ongoing support and I will want the new programmer to take on
> this work so that I can completely retire.
>
> Best wishes
> Terry

0
fcsoft1 (16)