Tcl/Tk scripts to windows executable

Dear All,

I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I am using packages like
Iwidgets 4.0.2 in the scripts. When I am wrapping these scripts to Exe
using Freewrap application, it is giving error.

After refering some of the documents I have included
lappend auto_path /tcl/lib/iwidgets4.0.2 in the script file. But it is
giving the error as "can't find package Itcl 3.2" and so on.

Can anyone guide me how to wrap all the scripts to EXE which are using
Iwidgets packages also?

Thanks,
Muthu

Muthu wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I am using packages like
> Iwidgets 4.0.2 in the scripts. When I am wrapping these scripts to Exe
> using Freewrap application, it is giving error.
>
> After refering some of the documents I have included
> lappend auto_path /tcl/lib/iwidgets4.0.2 in the script file. But it is
> giving the error as "can't find package Itcl 3.2" and so on.
>
> Can anyone guide me how to wrap all the scripts to EXE which are using
> Iwidgets packages also?

Go to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15218 and
download the file ITCLsampleApp.zip for an example of how to do this.

Also make sure you read the information on referring to wrapped files found
at http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/freewrap_filenames.html

0
labelled (138)
7/30/2004 12:32:43 PM
Dear Dennis LaBelle,

Thanks for the Info. I will refer it and will try that way.

Thanks.
Muthu

Dennis LaBelle <labelled@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:<LdrOc.108358$iJ4.34567@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> Muthu wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I am using packages like
> > Iwidgets 4.0.2 in the scripts. When I am wrapping these scripts to Exe
> > using Freewrap application, it is giving error.
> >
> > After refering some of the documents I have included
> > lappend auto_path /tcl/lib/iwidgets4.0.2 in the script file. But it is
> > giving the error as "can't find package Itcl 3.2" and so on.
> >
> > Can anyone guide me how to wrap all the scripts to EXE which are using
> > Iwidgets packages also?
> >

> Go to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15218 and
> download the file ITCLsampleApp.zip for an example of how to do this.
>
> Also make sure you read the information on referring to wrapped files found
> at http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/freewrap_filenames.html
Dear Dennis,

I was tried to build the EXE as specified in the readme.txt file. I
was changed the Topdir also. The batch file was creating a text file
"itclfiles.txt" with all the path & then was trying to create the EXE.
But that time I was getting an application error and it was showing as
"memory pointer that could not be read error".

I am using activetcl 8.4.4.0 version in my system and I was downloaded
the Freewrap561.zip from the net and using it now.

Anything other things, I need to do?

With Regards,
Muthu

g_marimuthu@rediffmail.com (Muthu) wrote in message news:<760496ec.0408022306.136cfae5@posting.google.com>...
> Dear Dennis LaBelle,
>
> Thanks for the Info. I will refer it and will try that way.
>
> Thanks.
> Muthu
>
> Dennis LaBelle <labelled@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:<LdrOc.108358$iJ4.34567@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> > Muthu wrote:
> >
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I am using packages like
> > > Iwidgets 4.0.2 in the scripts. When I am wrapping these scripts to Exe
> > > using Freewrap application, it is giving error.
> > >
> > > After refering some of the documents I have included
> > > lappend auto_path /tcl/lib/iwidgets4.0.2 in the script file. But it is
> > > giving the error as "can't find package Itcl 3.2" and so on.
> > >
> > > Can anyone guide me how to wrap all the scripts to EXE which are using
> > > Iwidgets packages also?
> > >

> > Go to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15218 and
> > download the file ITCLsampleApp.zip for an example of how to do this.
> >
> > Also make sure you read the information on referring to wrapped files found
> > at http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/freewrap_filenames.html

Possible bug in Tcl or Windows or Tcl on Windows
Hi, There seems to be a bug in the way numbers are compared in Tcl. Consider the below script for calculating Pythagorean triplets. For hypotenuse upto a value of 100, there should have been 63 unique triplets. On Windows XP the script detects only 62. The script doesn't detect the case where c=99, b=20 ==> a=101. However running the same script under Tcl 8.4.1 in Cygwin detects 63 triplets. I don't have a Linux machine at hand to test it there. Following is the script and relevant output. Could anyone shed some light on the cause of this. Maybe it has something to do with how the numbers are represented internally? Running the script for N>100 shows up many more such missed values. An equivalent program in C runs correctly on the same machine. C code was compiled using both gcc and VC++6.0. ######################################################################### # a^2 = b^2 + c^2 proc pythag {MAX} { set i 0 for {set c 2} {$c <= $MAX} {incr c} { for {set b 1} {$b < $c} {incr b} { set a [expr hypot($c, $b)] ;# Calc. Hypot if { ($c == 99) && ($b == 20)} { ;# <<<<<<<< puts ">> [expr round($a)] == $a" } if {[expr round($a)] == $a} { puts "$a : $b : $c" incr i } } } return $i } if {$argc == 1} { set MAX [lindex $argv 0] } else { puts stderr "Usage: tclsh $argv0 N" exit } puts [pythag $MAX] ############# OUTPUT ################ Tcl 8.4.1 (Cygwi...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > > I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of > tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in > tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. > > Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different > results!!! Why did this happens?? > > Thanks, > Ahmad The interactive Tcl shell has access to external functionality that a running script doesn't. That's done to make the interactive environment easier to work with. What, specifically, is the command sequence you're issuing in both cases? Jeff Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I've a tcl script that finally creates a certain script, that is when I run from shell using "calibredrv -gui <certainRunScript>" from command line it do exactly what I expect. I have tried two scenarios of trials, and only one of...

[Windows] executing a configure script from a tcl scrip
Hi folks, I am using tcl to manage the building of the (many) projects that are involved in my application. Some of these projects are based on GNU autoconf / automake tools. I am having problem to launch the configure script from tcl. I lanch tclsh85 from msys, from the directory where the configure script is. Executing : % exec configure Produces the error : couldn't execute "configure": no such file or directory The best I found is something : % exec sh -c "configure --with-tcl=e:/developpement/Tcl/lib" >@ stdout 2>@1 However : 1 - since the script is multiplatform, I'd like to get rid of the "sh - c" command. How can I run my configure scrip from a tcl script without executing explicitely sh ? 2 - dunno why, but with "exec sh -c "configure ...", the shell run is apparently more or less detached : killling the tclsh process does not kill the child sh process Perhaps you'd have a tip on this question ? Thanks much, All the best, Nicolas In article <7198dbb4-c855-4777-9ce4-d74de96a08c6@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Nicolas Castagne <castagne@imag.fr> wrote: >Hi folks, > >I am using tcl to manage the building of the (many) projects that are >involved in my application. > >Some of these projects are based on GNU autoconf / automake tools. > >I am having problem to launch the configure script from tcl. > >I lanch tclsh85 from msys, from the directory where the...

Packaging Tcl/Tk Application on Windows: Single File Executable
Hi all, I need to package application developed in Tcl/Tk on Windows. It should be a single file executable with all data files (gifs), dependency packages such as winico bundled into a single executable. There should be not reference to external data files such as images .. All should be bundled as a single file on desktop. I have used mktclapp and also freewrap but one needs to keep the image files separate. Do I have to change code to include the image files data ? Thanks in advance, Andy Andy wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to package application developed in Tcl/Tk on Windows. It should > be a single file executable with all data files (gifs), dependency > packages such as winico bundled into a single executable. > > There should be not reference to external data files such as images .. > All should be bundled as a single file on desktop. > > I have used mktclapp and also freewrap but one needs to keep the image > files separate. > Freewrap can include image file. Either simply: freewrap my_main.tcl some_image.gif some_image.jpg or include a list of images & dependency packages in a file and use the -f option: freewrap another_of_my_main.tcl -f includes.txt A quick way to generate the includes file is: dir /s /b c:\path\to\my\images\ > includes.txt then simply edit the generated file to remove unused images. This can also be done for including packages. For example, to include tcllib: dir /s /b c:\tcl\lib\tcllib1.7\ &...

Wrap tcl/tk script with a C/C++ dll for windows
My company has a software tool that consists of a command-line driven shell that can load extension .dll files. I'd like to add a tk gui to my extension dll file. I am currently looking into freewrap: http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/ and mktclapp: www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/mktclapp.html But I figured I might get more experienced information (and possibly quicker answers) here. Example of use (in the windows command line box): C:\MasterShell>mastershell MasterShell V 3.14159 > load newtkgui (at this point it loads newtkgui.dll) > Either the gui takes over completely (probably easier), or the shell or the gui can both enter commands. The main point is, I don't want to recast mastershell as a slave to a tk gui (using expect, for instance), although that's a possibility. I've been doing some experiments with it and I keep getting socket disconnects when I run wish or tclsh from the "mastershell" though that's probably a mastershell problem. Thanks, Rufus In article <1102002088.XDKV9OF4B2AClpOoX63anw@teranews>, Rufus V. Smith <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >My company has a software tool that consists of a command-line driven shell >that can load extension .dll files. > >I'd like to add a tk gui to my extension dll file. > >I am currently looking into freewrap: http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/ > >and mktclapp: www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/mktclapp.html > >But I figured I might get m...

How to execute script using tcl interpreter coming with Python in Windows?
Hello! Almost each Python installation in Windows has it's own tcl interpreter. Can I execute a tcl script without additional tcl installation? I didn't find any executable tcl file, there is no files contain words wish or tclsh. There are several interesting *.dll files: /c/Python27/ArcGIS10.1/DLLs/tcl85.dll /c/Python27/ArcGIS10.1/DLLs/tclpip85.dll /c/Python27/ArcGIS10.1/DLLs/tk85.dll Here is example of content of Python's tcl directory http://pastebin.com/ts8PmAR4 Thank you El martes, 17 de marzo de 2015, 18:11:04 (UTC-3), John Johnson escribi=F3: > ...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script I have written is. I have named it TCLPIPETEST.tcl #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] gets $fd tmp1 puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "abcdef" } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } I have given all permissions for both the files above. When i execute the Tcl script My aim is to open a pipe with the 'C' executable 'ctcl', initially read so...

How will I execute an expect script from a tcl script?
I have tried to execute an expect script from a tcl script. But I am unable to do that. I have used following options: one is exec {expect myexpect.exp} another one is source myexpect.exp only "expect myexpect.exp" is running properly. But while trying execute in both ways from tcl script the tcl script is not responding. Please help me to solve this problem. On Jun 7, 7:05 am, manasi.bis...@gmail.com wrote: > I have tried to execute an expect script from a tcl script. But I am > unable to do that. > > I have used following options: > one is > exec {expect myexpect.exp} > > another one is > source myexpect.exp > > only "expect myexpect.exp" is running properly. > > But while trying execute in both ways from tcl script the tcl script > is not responding. > > Please help me to solve this problem. There are a number of reasons why this would be. If you start the exec first then, since you have not put the process in the background ( using & ),the tcl driver script will "freeze" until it completes and the driver script can continue. If you start via the source method you must ensure that what you source or your driver script has "package require Expect" otherwise any expect call you make will error out. Even with the exec method some things to check are to make sure the expect executable is on your path if { [ string length [ auto_execok expect ] ] > 0 } { puts "tcl ca...

Using "Open with" in windows to process a file with a tcl/tk scripts?
I have the following problem in windows 2000. I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use "open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as argument. When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a valid win32 application. Any ideas of how to do this? Thanks in advance Hello, You should enter something similar to: c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1" Regards, -- Ramon Rib� http://gatxan.cimne.upc.es/ramsan "Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion" <sencion@alcatel.es> escribi� en el mensaje news:1074693766.891577@slbhw0... > I have the following problem in windows 2000. > > I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like > to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use > "open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as argument. > > When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a > valid win32 application. > > Any ideas of how to do this? > > Thanks in advance > Hello I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a new action. What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option "open with" in the file m...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

ANN:Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script
Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.2) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4,8.5: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.18 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.2) 1 Added a "Customizing key bingings" item to Tools_Menu. 2 Added several bindings for Mac OS X. Command-a -> Select all Command-c -> Copy Command-e -> Use Selection for Find Command-f -> Find Command-g -> Find Next Command-i -> Insert-mode or Over_write-mode Toggle switch Command-n -> New Buffer Command-s -> Save Shift-Command-s -> Save As Command-v -> Paste Command-w -> Close current buffer Command-x -> Cut Command-z -> Undo Shift-Command-z -> Redo Command-? -> Help Command-+ -> Increase Font Size Command-- -> Decrease Font Size 3 Added a "append mode" checkbutton to the bottom Menu line. When the checkbutton is ON, the selected file is appended to the end of current buffer. 4 Added a "Unpack append_mode_CheckButton"_CheckButton to View_Menu. 5 Added a "Select a Menubar background color" command to View_Menu. (UNIX,WINDOWS) 6 Added "Edit" Menu.install.txt "Undo" "Redo" -------------------- "Cut" "Copy" "Paste" "Select All" *Overview ...

TCL/TK window with no window decoration, but with keyboard and mouse events
Hi all, I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and keyboard events. I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one full screen window without decoration, and with a menu on the top of the window that can be navigated both with the mouse and keyboard. I am trying the following piece of code, but if I type <Alt-F>, it does not open the file menu. Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this? Thanks a lot #!/usr/bin/wish # Hide the main window wm withdraw . # Make sure the main window covers the entire screen area wm geometry . 1440x900+0+0 # Make sure the main window is shown without any borders surrounding it wm overrideredirect . 1 # Create the menu menu .menu -tearoff 1 # The File menu ..menu add cascade -label "File" -menu .menu.file -underline 0 menu .menu.file -tearoff 0 ..menu.file add command -label "Quit" -underline 0 -command {destroy .} # Bind the menu to the main window .. configure -menu .menu # Show the main window wm deiconify . # Make sure the wm commands are sent to the menu after 100 grab set -global . dirk.debecker@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window > decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and > keyboard events. > I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one > full screen window without decoratio...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script? #2
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? You're probably looking for the "source" command. Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The command "load" is for binary shared libraries. -- Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." Thanks Darren. But what my need is that I am writing a tcl script which is going to take any tcl script as input and should return the output of the file. How can I do that? Regards, Prabu Darren New wrote: > prabu wrote: > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > You're probably looking for the "source" command. > > Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The > command "load" is for binary shared libraries. > > -- > Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) > Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, > and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." On 17 Dec 2006 21:16:16 -0800, "prabu" <catchme.prabu@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Dar...

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

Tcl script window does not appear
Hi, when I choose in Quartuss Utility Windows > Tcl Console and then choose Tcl Script (Tools menu) I cannot see any Tcl tool. Is the Tcl tool only available for certain Quartus versions? I am using Quartus v. 4.1 SP1 (full version) I would appreciate your help. Rgds The Tcl console is interactive, so that the user can type in Tcl commands in there, or execute Tcl scripts which they write using the source command.. When you choose Tools->Tcl Scripts it opens a dialog which points to the canned Tcl scripts that ship with Quartus. You can then select the script and run it. The o...

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ======================= Gogo12 wrote: > > Hi > I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate > these files > Ex . > ============================== > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > End > ================================= > > Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded > tcl script into a new file > For example > > this is a source file > ======================== > Start > * set i 0 > * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { > * puts input a [$i] wire > * } > End > ========================== > > After Translate > ======================= > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > ...

Executing other TCL
Hi, i want to execute another TCL-Script in the background. exec $/home/tclscript.tcl & but it doesn't work. Stefan wrote: > Hi, > > i want to execute another TCL-Script in the background. > > exec $/home/tclscript.tcl & > > but it doesn't work. > You probably get an error that the variable /home/tclscript.tcl does not exist. On unix with a correct #! line at the beginning of the tcl script and appropriate permissions, this should work: exec /home/tclscript.tcl & But depending on what you really want to do, this may not the right thing for you (others could be threads, pipes, the event loop, etc.). So what problem are you trying to solve? Michael Originally it was a g I have executed a TCL - Script in the background: /home/tclscript.tcl& this script creates VTK images and tooks screenshots with "import...." so I have to execute it in the background. The problem began, when I rewrote the Script in tcl and i tried lots of combinations: exec tcl.tcl & works, but after it, the process stopped: "Child Process -import .... exitted abnormally". The *.gif was taken, but I want to take some more. Stefan Michael Schlenker schrieb: > Stefan wrote: > > Hi, > > > > i want to execute another TCL-Script in the background. > > > > exec $/home/tclscript.tcl & > > > > but it doesn't work. > > > You probably get an error that the variabl...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk scripts to windows executable - comp.lang.tcl

Executable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... . However, in a more general sense, a file containing instructions (such as bytecode ) for a software interpreter may also be considered executable ...

The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata [29c3] - YouTube
The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata The Executable and Linkable Format (ELF) is omnipresent; related OS and library ...

Agile Test Case Management – Specifications and Executable Specifications
... from the first three posts in this series and we’re well into realm of dangerous with Specification and their automated compatriots, Executable ...

Should You Recompile Your Software as a 64-Bit Executable?
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X. As a general rule, in OS X v10.7 and later, the answer is probably yes. A 64-bit executable ...

For a year, one rogue Tor node added malware to Windows executables
... Tor exit node. F-Secure Three weeks ago, a security researcher uncovered a Tor exit node that added malware to uncompressed Windows executables ...

BusyBox crams 117 Unix tools into a tiny Windows executable
... looking for simplicity and convenience, it’s hard to beat BusyBox , which crams tiny versions of 117 Unix utilities into a single 645 KB executable. ...

Analysis Nirvana Via Stripped Executables and Binaries?
CodeSonar for binaries identifies security vulnerabilities in third-party executables

AMD’s GPU performance under Linux can be boosted by renaming certain executables
A new report claims that CS:Go players with AMD Radeon GPUs on Linux can boost performance significantly by renaming files.

Patent US5432937 - Method and apparatus for architecture independent executable files - Google Patents ...
The present invention is a method that enables single release of applications for multiple architectures and operating systems and to provide ...

pefile - pefile is a Python module to read and work with PE (Portable Executable) files - Google Project ...
pefile is a multi-platform Python module to read and work with Portable Executable (aka PE) files . Most of the information in the PE Header ...