TCL/TK window with no window decoration, but with keyboard and mouse events

Hi all,

I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window
decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and
keyboard events.
I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one
full screen window without decoration, and with a menu on the top of
the window that can be navigated both with the mouse and keyboard.
I am trying the following piece of code, but if I type <Alt-F>, it
does not open the file menu.
Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot

#!/usr/bin/wish
# Hide the main window
wm withdraw .
# Make sure the main window covers the entire screen area
wm geometry . 1440x900+0+0
# Make sure the main window is shown without any borders surrounding
it
wm overrideredirect . 1
# Create the menu
menu .menu -tearoff 1
# The File menu
..menu add cascade -label "File" -menu .menu.file -underline 0
menu .menu.file -tearoff 0
..menu.file add command -label "Quit" -underline 0 -command {destroy .}
# Bind the menu to the main window
.. configure -menu .menu
# Show the main window
wm deiconify .
# Make sure the wm commands are sent to the menu
after 100 grab set -global .

dirk.debecker@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window
> decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and
> keyboard events.
> I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one
> full screen window without decoration, and with a menu on the top of
> the window that can be navigated both with the mouse and keyboard.
> I am trying the following piece of code, but if I type <Alt-F>, it
> does not open the file menu.
> Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> #!/usr/bin/wish
> # Hide the main window
> wm withdraw .
> # Make sure the main window covers the entire screen area
> wm geometry . 1440x900+0+0
> # Make sure the main window is shown without any borders surrounding
> it
> wm overrideredirect . 1
> # Create the menu
> menu .menu -tearoff 1
> # The File menu
> .menu add cascade -label "File" -menu .menu.file -underline 0
> menu .menu.file -tearoff 0
> .menu.file add command -label "Quit" -underline 0 -command {destroy .}
> # Bind the menu to the main window
> . configure -menu .menu
> # Show the main window
> wm deiconify .
> # Make sure the wm commands are sent to the menu
> after 100 grab set -global .

try setting the focus as well.

Bruce
Bruce wrote:
> dirk.debecker@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window
>> decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and
>> keyboard events.
>> I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one
>> full screen window without decoration, and with a menu on the top of
>> the window that can be navigated both with the mouse and keyboard.
>> I am trying the following piece of code, but if I type <Alt-F>, it
>> does not open the file menu.
>> Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/wish
>> # Hide the main window
>> wm withdraw .
>> # Make sure the main window covers the entire screen area
>> wm geometry . 1440x900+0+0
>> # Make sure the main window is shown without any borders surrounding
>> it
>> wm overrideredirect . 1
>> # Create the menu
>> menu .menu -tearoff 1
>> # The File menu
>> .menu add cascade -label "File" -menu .menu.file -underline 0
>> menu .menu.file -tearoff 0
>> .menu.file add command -label "Quit" -underline 0 -command {destroy .}
>> # Bind the menu to the main window
>> . configure -menu .menu
>> # Show the main window
>> wm deiconify .
>> # Make sure the wm commands are sent to the menu
>> after 100 grab set -global .
>
> try setting the focus as well.
>
> Bruce

That grab is killing your menu. Don't do that.

If you are using 8.5 you can use the fullscreen attribute:
wm attribute . -fullscreen 1

Hope this helps.
On Oct 30, 7:38 pm, Bruce <doNOTmai...@example.com> wrote:
> dirk.debec...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window
> > decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and
> > keyboard events.
> > I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one
> > full screen window without decoration, and with a menu on the top of
> > the window that can be navigated both with the mouse and keyboard.
> > I am trying the following piece of code, but if I type <Alt-F>, it
> > does not open the file menu.
> > Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this?
>
> > Thanks a lot
>
> > #!/usr/bin/wish
> > # Hide the main window
> > wm withdraw .
> > # Make sure the main window covers the entire screen area
> > wm geometry . 1440x900+0+0
> > # Make sure the main window is shown without any borders surrounding
> > it
> > wm overrideredirect . 1
> > # Create the menu
> > menu .menu -tearoff 1
> > # The File menu
> > .menu add cascade -label "File" -menu .menu.file -underline 0
> > menu .menu.file -tearoff 0
> > .menu.file add command -label "Quit" -underline 0 -command {destroy .}
> > # Bind the menu to the main window
> > . configure -menu .menu
> > # Show the main window
> > wm deiconify .
> > # Make sure the wm commands are sent to the menu
> > after 100 grab set -global .
>
> try setting the focus as well.
>
> Bruce

I added the following line (after the last line), without result:
focus .

Dirk
On Oct 31, 1:03 pm, "Michael Thomas Greer (Duoas)"
<michael.thomas.gr...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> > dirk.debec...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi all,
>
> >> I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window
> >> decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and
> >> keyboard events.
> >> I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one
> >> full screen window without decoration, and with a menu on the top of
> >> the window that can be navigated both with the mouse and keyboard.
> >> I am trying the following piece of code, but if I type <Alt-F>, it
> >> does not open the file menu.
> >> Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this?
>
> >> Thanks a lot
>
> >> #!/usr/bin/wish
> >> # Hide the main window
> >> wm withdraw .
> >> # Make sure the main window covers the entire screen area
> >> wm geometry . 1440x900+0+0
> >> # Make sure the main window is shown without any borders surrounding
> >> it
> >> wm overrideredirect . 1
> >> # Create the menu
> >> menu .menu -tearoff 1
> >> # The File menu
> >> .menu add cascade -label "File" -menu .menu.file -underline 0
> >> menu .menu.file -tearoff 0
> >> .menu.file add command -label "Quit" -underline 0 -command {destroy .}
> >> # Bind the menu to the main window
> >> . configure -menu .menu
> >> # Show the main window
> >> wm deiconify .
> >> # Make sure the wm commands are sent to the menu
> >> after 100 grab set -global .
>
> > try setting the focus as well.
>
> > Bruce
>
> That grab is killing your menu. Don't do that.
>
> If you are using 8.5 you can use the fullscreen attribute:
> wm attribute . -fullscreen 1
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks Duoas, that attribute setting does exactly what I want.

Possible bug in Tcl or Windows or Tcl on Windows
Hi, There seems to be a bug in the way numbers are compared in Tcl. Consider the below script for calculating Pythagorean triplets. For hypotenuse upto a value of 100, there should have been 63 unique triplets. On Windows XP the script detects only 62. The script doesn't detect the case where c=99, b=20 ==> a=101. However running the same script under Tcl 8.4.1 in Cygwin detects 63 triplets. I don't have a Linux machine at hand to test it there. Following is the script and relevant output. Could anyone shed some light on the cause of this. Maybe it has something to do with how the numbers are represented internally? Running the script for N>100 shows up many more such missed values. An equivalent program in C runs correctly on the same machine. C code was compiled using both gcc and VC++6.0. ######################################################################### # a^2 = b^2 + c^2 proc pythag {MAX} { set i 0 for {set c 2} {$c <= $MAX} {incr c} { for {set b 1} {$b < $c} {incr b} { set a [expr hypot($c, $b)] ;# Calc. Hypot if { ($c == 99) && ($b == 20)} { ;# <<<<<<<< puts ">> [expr round($a)] == $a" } if {[expr round($a)] == $a} { puts "$a : $b : $c" incr i } } } return $i } if {$argc == 1} { set MAX [lindex $argv 0] } else { puts stderr "Usage: tclsh $argv0 N" exit } puts [pythag $MAX] ############# OUTPUT ################ Tcl 8.4.1 (Cygwi...

tcl/tk & windows
Hello Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , if yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ?? Thanks . Am 20.01.14 09:19, schrieb amerzoud@gmail.com: > Hello > Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , if yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ?? > Thanks . > Download either ActiveTcl: http://www.activestate.com/activetcl or a tclkit, for example one with a lot of packages is available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/kbs/0.4.4/WindowsNT_kbsvq8.6-gui.exe Christian On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:19:09 AM UTC+2, abdelkrim merzoud wrote: > Hello >=20 > Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , if = yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ?? >=20 > Thanks . =D9=85=D8=B1=D8=AD=D8=A8=D8=A7 =D8=B9=D8=A8=D8=AF =D8=A7=D9=84=D9=83=D8=B1= =D9=8A=D9=85! hello Abdelkrim! This is a free Tcl/Tk tutorial series packed in Android application. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=3Dnet.superlinux.tcltktutoria= ls install it. Le lundi 20 janvier 2014 09:39:38 UTC+1, Christian Gollwitzer a =E9crit=A0: > Am 20.01.14 09:19, schrieb amerzoud@gmail.com: >=20 > > Hello >=20 > > Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , i= f yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ?? >=20 > > Thanks . >=20 > > >=20 &g...

Tcl/Tk hang on windows
Hi everybody, Please forgive me if my problem is a common one, but .. I'm not able to find any solution nor any related discussion on a similar one. Here is the problem. I'm working on a multi-platform software, and just develop something that works on linux but leads to a bug on windows. Basically, I have a tcl executable A.tcl (tclapp starpack 8.5.9), which run another tcl executable B.tcl (tclapp starpack 8.5.9) which will run a binary executable (let's say Binary.exe). The problem is on WinXP and Win7. Eveything seems to run fine, except that when B.tcl runs Binary.exe, it hangs during an random time (from 2mn to 15 !!) and then runs as expected. This seems to be a race condition, due to the fact that B.tcl is opened in r+ mode AND that a script is connected to stdin. I just found a way to resume the problem with two simple scripts, so here they are: ===================================================================== A.tcl ===================================================================== #!/bin/bash # the next line restarts using wish \ exec wish8.5 "$0" -- "$@" set Commande [ file join [pwd] B.tcl ] set Canal [open |[list wish85.exe $Commande ] r+ ] ===================================================================== B.tcl ===================================================================== #!/bin/bash # the next line restarts using wish \ exec wish8.5 "$0" -- "$@" proc InteractiveExecute {}...

tcl/tk exec in windows
Is there any way to invoke built-in Windows NT commands from tcl/tk without having the black dos window flashing up every time. For example, I was trying: exec cmd.exe /c kill /f processname In this case, on NT the annoying dos terminal window flashes up every time I kill processes. Do I need to redirect stdout and sterr to keep the NT commands silent? Another question, is there a way to avod the tk 'Illegal command' message popping up if the command (kill) does not exist? I would assume the above command would not work on W98 or XP but only on NT and 2000. Is the way tcl handles the...

tcl on windows
Hi all, I just started learning tcl to do some small automation using expect and I am kind of struck with basic "Hello World" prog :). Can any one help me to resolve this? I am working on windows xp and when I use "puts" stmt, I wanted to write output to standard stdout ( command prompt). Instead what happens is it opens graphical window with name being the file name. #!/bin/sh # \ exec tclsh "$0" ${1+"$@"} puts stdout "Hello World" My task is to write a samll expect script that should return the o/p when called from another perl /python script. Thanks in advance Bharath On 23 Apr., 18:37, bharath <bharath_ja...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am working on windows xp =A0and when I use "puts" stmt, I wanted to > write output to standard stdout ( command prompt). Instead what > happens is it opens graphical window with name being the file name. > #!/bin/sh > # \ > exec tclsh "$0" =A0${1+"$@"} These three lines are ignored by Tcl, and Windows as well. I suppose your .tcl files are associated with the wish.exe, which opens a Tk console what you describe below.... > puts stdout "Hello World" In a DOS prompt window, just type tclsh myscript.tcl and stdin/out/err will remain tied to that window. On Apr 23, 1:10=A0pm, suchenwi <richard.suchenwirth- bauersa...@siemens.com> wrote: > On 23 Apr., 18:37, bharath <bharath_ja...@hotmail.com> wrote: &g...

TCL on windows?
hi what environment do you suggest me to start learning TCL on windows? thanks In article <mn.732e7d77c2d3be1c.77691@ginko.ginko>, ginko <ginko@ginko.ginko> wrote: >hi what environment do you suggest me to start learning TCL on windows? >thanks > > I'm not sure what you mean by your question. Possible answers: A. Read <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/15577 >; B. Install <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1875 >; C. Read <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1681 >; D. Purchase <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/3960 >; .... On Jul 14, 7:34 am, ginko <gi...@ginko.ginko> wrote: > hi what environment do you suggest me to start learning TCL on windows? > thanks You want the Activestate version called ActiveTcl and a good book (Brent Welch's is the one I swear by at the moment). Have fun with Tcl! Robert On Jul 14, 12:34 pm, ginko <gi...@ginko.ginko> wrote: > hi what environment do you suggest me to start learning TCL on windows? > thanks You will need........ 1. Active Tcl Distribution http://www.activestate.com/products/activetcl/ 2. Syntax checker - http://nagelfar.berlios.de/ 3. Debugger - http://www2.compassis.com/ramdebugger All the above are free. The syntax checker is a must as Tcl's bracing and quoting are difficult for beginners. Use the debugger to walk through example code. This is by far the quickest way to learn programming. Other options are: 4. IDE - Eclipse Tcl plugin http://www.eclipse.org/...

Tcl/Tk scripts to windows executable
Dear All, I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I am using packages like Iwidgets 4.0.2 in the scripts. When I am wrapping these scripts to Exe using Freewrap application, it is giving error. After refering some of the documents I have included lappend auto_path /tcl/lib/iwidgets4.0.2 in the script file. But it is giving the error as "can't find package Itcl 3.2" and so on. Can anyone guide me how to wrap all the scripts to EXE which are using Iwidgets packages also? Thanks, Muthu Muthu wrote: > Dear All, > > I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I a...

Compiling TCL/TK and extensions under windows
I have recently delved into the black art of compiling things tcl on windows (BLT/freewrap) and I am very surprised that everytning still uses VC 6.0. This compiler has not been available for sale (even apparently on ebay) for many years. I looked into trying to build a custom starpack with BLT statically linked in as windows cannot load a BLT dll and found that even the kitgen for 8.6 uses VC6. This is fine for all those who have a copy but using bittorrent to compile is not realy an option. Has anyone managed to change the makefile.vc for TCL/TK and especially BLT and starpacks to use the FREE visual C++ 2008 compiler. I have a stop gap solution for now but I prefer a more stable solution for a tool which is used regularly by several hundred users. Thanks in advance Martyn On 8 okt, 10:21, MSEdit <mse...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have recently delved into the black art of compiling things tcl on > windows (BLT/freewrap) and I am very surprised that everytning still > uses VC 6.0. =A0This compiler has not been available for sale (even > apparently on ebay) =A0for many years. > > I looked into trying to build a custom starpack with BLT statically > linked in as windows cannot load a BLT dll and found that even the > kitgen for 8.6 uses VC6. > > This is fine for all those who have a copy but using bittorrent to > compile is not realy an option. > > Has anyone managed to change the makefile.vc for TCL/TK and especially > BLT ...

Windows in Tcl-tk with transparent background
Hi! Maybe it seems stupid, but is it possible to create windows in Tcl-tk with a transparent background?! Using the tk command "[pathname] configure -background [color]" I can change the background color, but I can't set the windows as it's transparent... Any suggestions about this?! Thanks a lot. Andrea - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Andrea Ravaioli CNIT - University of Bologna - Italy delete "_no_spam_please_" from my mail address to find my real one: andrea.ravaioli@cnit.it - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - It can be done (at lea...

Tcl + windows
Just quickly - When trying to run TCL programs under Windows (XP), if I leave the TCL_LIBRARY environment variable UNset, then it complains about not being able to find init.tcl, but if I set it - even if it is an incorrect path - it crashes (does the "send bug report?" thing). Thanks. gjb. "Gareth Bradley" <gb20@cs.waikato.ac.nz> wrote: >Just quickly - When trying to run TCL programs under Windows (XP), if I >leave the TCL_LIBRARY environment variable UNset, then it complains about >not being able to find init.tcl, but if I set it - even if it is an >incorrect path - it crashes (does the "send bug report?" thing). > >Thanks. > >gjb. I think it need to be a forward slash / style. Better yet, run tclsh from the proper install location, or just re-run the installer that put it there to fix it. From where tcl84.dll is (and probably tclsh84.exe as well), .../lib/8.4 is where init.tcl should be. -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Gareth Bradley wrote: > Just quickly - When trying to run TCL programs under Windows (XP), if I > leave the TCL_LIBRARY environment variable UNset, then it complains about > not being able to find init.tcl, but if I set it - even if it is an > incorrect path - it crashes (does the "send bug report?" thing). My guess is that you have an invalid install. A proper install should ...

How to catch all keyboard/mouse events in all windows?
Hello again, is it possible to catch all keyboard / mouse events? i have tried it with XGrabKeyboard but this functions freezes all events and i just want to know if there is any activity. The background of this question is that i want to write an extrem easy "screensaver" which resets its timer each time it receives an activity. Best Regards, flo "mich1985" <florian.harmuth@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1189537734.416017.297400@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hello again, > is it possible to catch all keyboard / mouse events? i hav...

TCL/TK 8.4 for Windows
Hi, How can I get the 8.4 version of TCL/TK installed to work with my version of Ruby? I have installed Ruby for windows, and it appears to be 1.8.1-10 Ruby with 8.3 TCL/TK - so no TkPanedWindows. x = TkPanedWindow.new(root) gives a invalid command name `panedwindow' (NameError) , in tk_call Or do I have another alternative? Many thanks Ian -- Ian - posting to a Newsgroup. Please remove everything to reply. Ian, If you download the ActiveTCL 8.4.4 source you should be able to compile it with MSVC. I have gotten this to work, but I have not gotten ActiveTCL8.4.5 to work. If ...

Parenting a Tk window to a non TK window?
I have a Perl/TK gui that i pop up as a plugin in a non Tk application(Maya) on Windows XP. Does any one know of a way to slave my tk windows to this non tk window? ie, when i iconify the non Tk app, the perl/tk app minimizes, and more importantly the perl/tk app stays on top of the non Tk app. Essentailly i want to make the non tk app the TopLevel window. After going through this list and searching the web i cant seem to find anything about this. There is some stuff on embedding but that does not really do the trick. Many apps do this and there probably is a way, but just cant se...

Building Tcl/Tk from source on Windows
Hi All, I just built Tcl/Tk under Win7 from the latest HEAD sources (using VC++). Tcl built without a hitch, though I had some issues with Tk. I'm sure they're probably related to the fact that I'm somewhat out of my element here, but I'd like to get this right... When building Tk, I received a fatal link error that tcl86.lib couldn't be found. Inspecting the folder it was looking at, I found that the Tcl build (made just prior) had created a tcl86t.lib file instead. Doing some digging, I discovered the trialing "t" suffix represents a threaded build (from the "rules.vc" file). Not being entirely sure how to properly rectify the situation, I found a copy of tcl86.lib on my system in the AS 8.6b1.1 lib folder. I ended up using that to build Tk against (by assigning TCLDIR to the AS lib folder). The final result is a working wish86.exe, but I wonder what I should have done? Thanks, Jeff Hi Jeff, >When building Tk, I received a fatal link error that tcl86.lib couldn't >be found. Inspecting the folder it was looking at, I found that the Tcl >build (made just prior) had created a tcl86t.lib file instead. > >Doing some digging, I discovered the trialing "t" suffix represents a >threaded build (from the "rules.vc" file). yes, different version get a suffix (e.g. a debug version gets a 'd'). >Not being entirely sure how to properly rec...

Download Tcl/Tk libs for windows?
Can somebody send me the link to download Tcl/Tk libraries for windows? canvas_remix wrote: > Can somebody send me the link to download Tcl/Tk libraries for windows? Easiest way to get started is with ActiveTcl. http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActiveTcl/ Donal. On 14 juil, 23:31, canvas_remix <sgiitne...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can somebody send me the link to download Tcl/Tk libraries for windows? http://www.activestate.com/Products/activetcl/index.mhtml On the right-hand side, click on "Get ActiveTcl"; on the next page, click "Download". ...

Building Tcl/Tk as a static library on Windows
Hi, i'd like to build Tcl and Tk as a static library to use it in own programs as an internal scripting language. I'd like to build standalone programs that don't need any other DLLs. Can anybody tell me how to build Tcl and Tk as a static library on Windows? Thanks for hints, Torsten. On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:32:00 +0100, Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> wrote: >Hi, > >i'd like to build Tcl and Tk as a static library to use it in >own programs as an internal scripting language. I'd like to >build standalone programs that don't need any other ...

control windows screen active event with TCL
Hi everyone I want to record user's action trace even control his action , for example 1.take a snapshot on selected area (by mouse) into to image file 2.record user's mouse click location and action in first time , next time I can use it automatic, it not only record some exe file in order also record some input var and mouse trace! ----> it's effect like online game auto training program record screen's location and some control point! Do any one give me some advice or some sample code to develop it? BR Rolance rolance wrote: > Hi everyone > > I want to record user's action trace even control his action , > > > for example 1.take a snapshot on selected area (by mouse) into to > image file > > > 2.record user's mouse click location and action in > first time , next time I can use it automatic, it not > only record some exe file in order also record some input var and > mouse trace! ----> it's effect like online game auto training > program record screen's location and some control point! > > > Do any one give me some advice or some sample code to develop it? Do not try it -- you are no where experienced enough with Tcl to get it near right (particularly on MS Windows). -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |...

Tcl/Tk extension access from python under windows
Hi, I found a tcl extension that does exactly what I need to access a DLL and it would require a large amount of SWIG glue to generate an equivalent python extension. I want to access it via root.tk.call("eval", "package require extension"). I placed the extension dll (as well as the target DLL) in my Python DLLs path at the same place where the tcl/tk DLLs are. The eval fails because it doesn't find the extension. Is there a special initialisation/registration/setup change to be made to python ? thanks Marcel Achim The default search path for tcl packages from the...

tcl /tk on cygwin + mouse wheel event
Hello, As I didn't had any luck on the cygwin ML(*) I am trying here. As mention in the title I am having some problems catching a mouse wheel event in tcl/tk (on a cygwin system). Could someone told me what are the necesseary steps to do to be able to. The scripts I used are: wish #---- tcl program starts here % proc foo { args } { puts "foo" } % bind . "<MouseWheel>" foo #---- and python #---- python program starts here def foo(event): print "foo" import Tkinter win = Tkinter.Tk() win.bind("<MouseWheel>", foo) win.mainloop() #--...

TCL/TK for Windows CE/mobile/phone
I am using a commercial licence of evolane TCL for Windows CE/mobile. It is working for me, but the contained TCL Version 8.5.6 gets limmiting. I have reimplemented the ttk::spinbox which is used in my code. As there is no answer any more from company Evolane, I want to ask, if there is any other solution to run TCL on Windows CE / WIndows mobile or Windows phone (6/7) ? Thanks for any response, Harald ...

Embedding Tcl/Tk windows in another application
Hi, I would like to use the -use option to wish, so that a C# application can open a window and that window then becomes populated by the Tcl/Tk application I have. I thought I would experiment first with wish itself, to see how this works out, but unfortunately, it does not work. Here are the details of my environment: - Windows XP - Tcl/Tk: 8.5.8 (but 8.4.19 and 8.6b1 give the same problems) I run the following small program: # chk.tcl -- # Check wish's functionality to embed into an existing window # toplevel .new -container 1 tkwait visibility .new exec wish -use [winfo id .new] -- chk2.tcl & The second program (chk2.tcl) is this: # chk2.tcl -- # Present a simple button # button .b -text Exit -command exit pack .b -fill both The effect of running the first one is that there appear two empty toplevel windows, but I do not see the button appear in the "new" window that should be created by "chk2.tcl". What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions for making this work or is this not possible on Windows? Regards, Arjen Στις 8/3/2012 14:18, ο/η Arjen Markus έγραψε: > Hi, > > I would like to use the -use option to wish, so that a C# application > can open a window and that window then becomes populated by the Tcl/Tk > application I have. > > I thought I would experiment first with wish itself, to see how this works > out, but unfortunately, it does not work. Here are the details of my > environment: > - ...

windows tcl/tk bug does not appear under Wine
I posted about this four days ago without a response so I'm reposting in the hope that somebody understands what is going on. I sent a friend a Starpack so that he could test a program under MS Windows. When he ran it, he encountered the old bug in which assigning a hexadecimal number like 0xFF to a scale variable (not "scalar", but the variable named in the -variable option of a scale widget) fails because 0xFF is interpreted as non- numeric. I've encountered this before and fixed it (by using decimal), but evidently hadn't changed it here. The MS Windows runtime I used turned out to be tcl 8.4.9, so it makes sense that the bug would turn up when running the Starpack but not on my Linux systems since they have 8.4.14 or later. The weird thing is that when I run the same Starpack under Linux using Wine I get no such error. I don't see how that is possible. The Tcl that is running under Wine is 8.4.9, not the later Linux version, so the bug should appear when running under Wine just as it does on a real Windows system. Does anyone understand how this could happen? billposer@alum.mit.edu wrote: > I sent a friend a Starpack so that he could test a program under MS > Windows. When he ran it, he encountered the old bug in which assigning > a hexadecimal number like 0xFF to a scale variable (not "scalar", but > the variable named in the -variable option of a scale widget) fails > because 0xFF is interpreted as non- numeric. I&#...

TCL\TK for Window XP 64 bit
Hello All, I support our ME applications, specifically Pro/ENGINEER (solid modeller). We had written a set of utilities for the tool using it's C based API. At the time these utilities were written the API provided no GUI support so we used the TCL/TK-C interface. Worked real nicely on 32 bit Windows. Now, our databases are growing to the point where it looks like moving to Windows XP 64 bit will be necessary. My question: Can I use the 32 bit TCL/TK libraries to recompile my apps, or must I compile from source to obtain 64 bit versions? Thanks, Ben Bailey Mechanical Engineering A...

Web resources about - TCL/TK window with no window decoration, but with keyboard and mouse events - comp.lang.tcl

Awards and decorations of the United States Merchant Marine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Prisoner of War Medal — may be awarded to any person who was a prisoner of war after April 5, 1917, (the date of the United States entry ...

Christmas behind bars for woman who, court told, stole cherries, decorations, then drove at police
... to her about a theft from a Melbourne shopping centre won't be home for the holidays. A Melbourne woman accused of stealing Christmas decorations ...

Hobart's Christmas decorations dismissed as possibly the worst in Australia
Hobart's Deputy Lord Mayor has vowed to put the 'ho ho ho' back into Hobart next Christmas, after criticising the city's tired decorations.

Do this now: 3D Print your Star Wars BB-8 Christmas decorations
... hit toy with fans and has sold out in stores well before the movie’s launch. And now, you can even 3D print your very own BB-8 Christmas decoration, ...

Christmas decorations around the world - Business Insider Deutschland
People from around the world share their favorite decoration and the touching stories behind them.

Cat Is Alarmed By Out Of Season Halloween Decorations
Submitted by: (via kyoot animals ) Tagged: halloween , decoration , Cats Share on Facebook

Holiday decorations can be safety risk
Laser light holiday decorations can be a blinding hazard for aircraft pilots.

Those Gas Pump “Anti-Skimming” Stickers Are Really Just Pointless Decoration
More than four years ago, a number of gas stations in the U.S. started slapping stickers on gas pump credit card readers in an effort to cut ...

Are Your Christmas Decorations Still Up in February? It's Bad Luck
There are still some Christmas decorations lingering around Chicago.

Cool Turkey Day decorations
Cool Turkey Day decorations