tcl/tk & windows

Hello
Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , if yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ??
Thanks .
0
amerzoud

Am 20.01.14 09:19, schrieb amerzoud@gmail.com:
> Hello
> Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , if yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ??
> Thanks .

Download either ActiveTcl:

	http://www.activestate.com/activetcl

or a tclkit, for example one with a lot of packages is available here:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/kbs/0.4.4/WindowsNT_kbsvq8.6-gui.exe

	Christian
0
Christian
1/20/2014 8:39:38 AM
On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:19:09 AM UTC+2, abdelkrim merzoud wrote:
> Hello
>=20
> Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , if =
yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ??
>=20
> Thanks .

=D9=85=D8=B1=D8=AD=D8=A8=D8=A7 =D8=B9=D8=A8=D8=AF =D8=A7=D9=84=D9=83=D8=B1=
=D9=8A=D9=85!
hello Abdelkrim!
This is a free Tcl/Tk tutorial series packed in Android application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=3Dnet.superlinux.tcltktutoria=
ls

install it.
0
Rani
1/20/2014 8:59:29 AM
Le lundi 20 janvier 2014 09:39:38 UTC+1, Christian Gollwitzer a =E9crit=A0:
> Am 20.01.14 09:19, schrieb amerzoud@gmail.com:
>=20
> > Hello
>=20
> > Please , can i use tcl/tk programming language under windows system , i=
f yes , could you tell me how and what should i do ??
>=20
> > Thanks .
>=20
> >
>=20
> Download either ActiveTcl:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 	http://www.activestate.com/activetcl
>=20
>=20
>=20
> or a tclkit, for example one with a lot of packages is available here:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 	http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/kbs/0.4.4/WindowsNT_kbsvq8.=
6-gui.exe
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 	Christian

Mr Christian=20
Thank you very much .
I am very grateful.
0
abdelkrim
1/20/2014 9:04:40 AM
Am 20.01.2014 09:39, schrieb Christian Gollwitzer:
 > or a tclkit, for example one with a lot of packages is available here:
 >
 >      http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/kbs/0.4.4
 > /WindowsNT_kbsvq8.6-gui.exe

.... or give freewrap (http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/) a try. I never
had problems in using it.

jm2p - ThF

0
Thomas
1/20/2014 2:33:27 PM
http://wiki.tcl.tk/668
0
tombert

[ANN] Registration open && 2nd Call For Papers
Hello comp.lang.tcl, fyi ... 22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: [[ Attention! Registration is open! Please have a look at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html ]] Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Co...

Possible bug in Tcl or Windows or Tcl on Windows
Hi, There seems to be a bug in the way numbers are compared in Tcl. Consider the below script for calculating Pythagorean triplets. For hypotenuse upto a value of 100, there should have been 63 unique triplets. On Windows XP the script detects only 62. The script doesn't detect the case where c=99, b=20 ==> a=101. However running the same script under Tcl 8.4.1 in Cygwin detects 63 triplets. I don't have a Linux machine at hand to test it there. Following is the script and relevant output. Could anyone shed some light on the cause of this. Maybe it has something to do with how ...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

Tcl/Tk in Mandriva 2008 & aMSN & others...
Hi, I've installed all possible packages for tcl/tk in Mandriva 2008 but somehow most install packages do not detect them properly!! I was wondering what possible tests should I do in order to diagnose where the problem lies. I do have the following when tcl is put at prompt: [root@comp ~]# tcl tcl tclhelp tclsh tclsh8.5 so I'm not completely without anything... I'm clueless as to what might be missing... Thanks for any help On Mar 11, 11:06=A0am, joey.pourric...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I've installed all possible packages for tcl/tk in Mandriva 2...

TCL/TK window with no window decoration, but with keyboard and mouse events
Hi all, I want to make a toplevel window that is shown without window decoration on a linux box, but I want it to receive all mouse and keyboard events. I am trying to build a GUI that looks a bit like an old DOS GUI: one full screen window without decoration, and with a menu on the top of the window that can be navigated both with the mouse and keyboard. I am trying the following piece of code, but if I type <Alt-F>, it does not open the file menu. Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this? Thanks a lot #!/usr/bin/wish # Hide the main window wm withdraw . # Make sure the main ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > ...

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don'...

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

xnee & tcl/tk ?
Has anyone successfully used the gnu xnee program to do regression testing on a tcl/tk application? Tom K ...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

tcl/tk exec in windows
Is there any way to invoke built-in Windows NT commands from tcl/tk without having the black dos window flashing up every time. For example, I was trying: exec cmd.exe /c kill /f processname In this case, on NT the annoying dos terminal window flashes up every time I kill processes. Do I need to redirect stdout and sterr to keep the NT commands silent? Another question, is there a way to avod the tk 'Illegal command' message popping up if the command (kill) does not exist? I would assume the above command would not work on W98 or XP but only on NT and 2000. Is the way tcl handles the...

Tcl/Tk hang on windows
Hi everybody, Please forgive me if my problem is a common one, but .. I'm not able to find any solution nor any related discussion on a similar one. Here is the problem. I'm working on a multi-platform software, and just develop something that works on linux but leads to a bug on windows. Basically, I have a tcl executable A.tcl (tclapp starpack 8.5.9), which run another tcl executable B.tcl (tclapp starpack 8.5.9) which will run a binary executable (let's say Binary.exe). The problem is on WinXP and Win7. Eveything seems to run fine, except that when B.tcl runs Binary.exe...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any respo...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any respo...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

Tcl/Tk scripts to windows executable
Dear All, I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I am using packages like Iwidgets 4.0.2 in the scripts. When I am wrapping these scripts to Exe using Freewrap application, it is giving error. After refering some of the documents I have included lappend auto_path /tcl/lib/iwidgets4.0.2 in the script file. But it is giving the error as "can't find package Itcl 3.2" and so on. Can anyone guide me how to wrap all the scripts to EXE which are using Iwidgets packages also? Thanks, Muthu Muthu wrote: > Dear All, > > I am writing Tcl/TK based GUI aplication and I a...

Web resources about - tcl/tk & windows - comp.lang.tcl

The Windows Blog

Epic CEO: “Universal Windows Platform can, should, must and will, die”
In a scathing editorial in the Guardian , Epic Games co-founder Tim Sweeney has spoken out about Microsoft's Universal Windows Platform (UWP) ...

Developer criticises Microsoft's 'monopolizing' approach to apps and gaming in Windows 10
... successful in creating a closed-off eco-system that ensures it remains broadly speaking in control of what hits the App Store. With Windows ...

Microsoft is trying to bring back the eighties with its Windows 10 strategy
... Microsoft kept the rights in lieu of royalties from IBM. DOS put Microsoft the very center of the PC revolution, even through the era of Windows, ...

Microsoft issues Windows 10's lucky 7 preview
Microsoft today issued another Windows 10 preview to its Insider testing group, the seventh so far this year. Gabriel Aul, engineering general ...

The next Windows 10 update is all about Cortana
Cortana has learned three languages in the latest Windows 10 update, which is available today for Insider members in the program's Fast ring. ...

Tim Sweeney: Microsoft's Universal Windows Platform Must, And Will, Die
Image credit: Microsoft Strong words coming from Epic Games' Tim Sweeney today. Microsoft has recently been making a push to unify the Windows ...

Abe Lincoln's note for slave chaplain a 'window' into 16th president's struggles
Abe Lincoln's note for slave chaplain a 'window' into 16th president's struggles