TCL

Hello,

i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me
how this can be done
with VC 6.0?

Best regards,
Reinhold

"Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me
>how this can be done
>with VC 6.0?
>
>Best regards,
>Reinhold

1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/
2) open a command prompt
3) cd to the win/ subdirectory
4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you
installed it.
5) type @ the prompt:

nmake -f makefile.vc
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
Reinhold.kwauka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me
> how this can be done
> with VC 6.0?
>
> Best regards,
> Reinhold

Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check
\Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries.

0
findletoni (27)

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

tcl application with tcl application

Hi, TCL has a command execution syntax like this: [<tcl cmd>] Anything inside the 3rd bracket will be executed as a Tcl command by the Tcl interprater. Is there any way I can disable/delete this Tcl construct [ <tcl-cmd>]? In other words, my Tcl interprator should print "[32]" for tcl command puts "[32]" It should not try to treat [] as a special character. Is this any way possible while extending Tcl in C with tcl.h? Thank you, Arijit * arijit79@gmail.com | puts "[32]" | | It should not try to treat [] as a special character. Check out ...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

MS Dictation and TCL
I'm trying to use the MS dictation tool while in TCL 8.5 program. The text starts to appear, but then the program crashes. It would be great to find a way to make this work. Thanks! Barney Tcl 8.5 (wish 8.5) makeindex (12/14/2007) MSWinXP sp3 plenty of ram and storage ...

How Tcl source finds init.tcl???
Hi, I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for init.tcl? Is there any way to specifically use init.tcl from a certain path? Thanks a lot in advance! Lihong lihong pei wrote: > I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. > What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for > init.tcl? If the environment variable TCL_LIBRARY exists, it's value is assumed to be a single directory which is added to the search path for init.tcl. Note that this is offered mostly as a way for...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

tcl/expect in inferior-tcl buffer
Hi, I use the "inferior-tcl" buffer quite a bit for interactively running code snippets. I set my tcl application variable in my .emacs to this: (tcl-application "/usr/bin/expect") and it will cause "expect" to run when I do: M-x inferior-tcl This starts the "inferior-tcl" buffer. From there, I simply copy/paste code fragments into the buffer for testing purposes. It comes in really handy for quick testing/prototyping. Unfortunately, some tcl errors will cause the process to exit, and I get the message: "Process inferior-tcl finished"...

[TCL] diff type operations in TCL
I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. Is there anything like this? --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to...

dynamic call of tcl proc from tcl
Hello, I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a proc name and a list variable of arguments. eg. % callproc $procName $argList where: ..callproc - TCL Procedure for dynamically calling procedures ..procName - Name of procedure to be called in a string ..argList - List of Arguments My goal is to avoid creating a procedure call as a string and evaluating it as there are many potential pitfalls with using evals in such a way. Thanks, JsD Java script Dude wrote: > I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a > proc name and a list varia...

Tcl extension: check Tcl version?
Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking the extension? Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using package require). A number of newly provided commands work well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time version and run-time version are identical? Or ...

Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl
The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? Mumia W. wrote: > The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > > > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > > > > This sentence seems to suggest ...

Web resources about - TCL - comp.lang.tcl

Tcl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is missing information about Tcl procedures, procedure calls, and conditional statements . Please expand the article to include ...

Kyocera TCL Solar Inaugurates Floating Mega Solar Power Plants in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan - YouTube
Kyocera Corporation and Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation announced today that Kyocera TCL Solar LLC, a joint venture established by the two ...

Hands on: Ultra HD TCL 65-inch television
Is it worth paying for extra pixels when you can't put them to good use?

Hands on: Ultra HD TCL 65-inch television
Is it worth paying for extra pixels when you can't put them to good use?

Iron Man Joins TCL To Challenge Apple iPhone: China, Chinese Market
To take on Apple and Samsung in the global smartphone market, China's TCL is enlisting a strong ally: Iron Man.

正反之间心随由你 TCL idol3真机图赏
... 注册 首页 - 资讯中心 评测 导购 行情 - 手机大全 品牌 排行 - 应用之家 主题 壁纸 铃声 - 美人心机 唯丽是图 专题汇总 - 论坛 求助 活动 图赏频道 搜索 图赏首页 手机图赏 平板图赏 美人心机 手机之家 > 资讯中心 > 图赏频道 > 正反之间心随由你 TCL ...

Rumors State That TCL Could Be Looking To Buy Or Invest In HTC
You might not have heard of TCL. They’re the twenty fifth largest electronics manufacturer in the world, the third largest television manufacturer, ...

TCL Communications, SunPartner Testing Technology That Could Draw Solar Power Via A Smartphone's Screen ...
Smartphones are awesome, but with a few notable exceptions, it seems their awesomeness is inversely correlated with their battery life. The more ...

1070:Hong Kong Stock Quote - TCL Multimedia Technology Holdings Ltd - Bloomberg
Stock analysis for TCL Multimedia Technology Holdings Ltd (1070:Hong Kong) including stock price, stock chart, company news, key statistics, ...

Cisco, TCL joint venture to focus on cloud in China
Cisco, TCL joint venture to focus on cloud in China Business Cloud News Networking incumbent Cisco is to set up a joint venture company with ...