teacup install tcom 3.10

Hi,

I have been using tcom 3.9 that comes with ActiveTcl 8.5 on Windows.  Now I want to try tcom 3.10 from http://www.vex.net/~cthuang/tcom/

How do I installed tcom 3.10?  I have tried unsuccessfully

teacup install --at pathname-to-tcom-3.10

What's the right form for the command or is there some other way to install it?

Thanks,

Bob

0
Robert

Am 20.06.2016 um 18:06 schrieb Robert Lipman:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using tcom 3.9 that comes with ActiveTcl 8.5 on Windows.  Now I want to try tcom 3.10 from http://www.vex.net/~cthuang/tcom/
>
> How do I installed tcom 3.10?  I have tried unsuccessfully
>
> teacup install --at pathname-to-tcom-3.10
>
> What's the right form for the command or is there some other way to install it?

I suppose, you should grab the zip:
http://www.vex.net/~cthuang/tcom/tcom-3.10b10.zip
and expand it in your source folder, e.g. in a folder which is in the
tcl auto_path list.

-Harald

Harald
6/21/2016 6:59:35 AM
Robert Lipman <robert.lipman@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using tcom 3.9 that comes with ActiveTcl 8.5 on Windows.  Now I want to try tcom 3.10 from http://www.vex.net/~cthuang/tcom/
>
> How do I installed tcom 3.10?  I have tried unsuccessfully
>
> teacup install --at pathname-to-tcom-3.10

The --at option points to the repository you wish to install into. Not
to the zip file to install. That is a regular argument.

	(See ```teacup help options```)

So, ```teacup install pathname-to-tcom-3.10```
could work. Except:

	The zip file found at vex.net very likely does not have the
        TEApot metadata teacup will need.

I would recommend to

1. ping ActveState about the new version of tcom, so that they can
   update their build and put it into their TEApot.

2. While that is going on you can workaround this as Harald said in
   the other post of this thread, i.e. create a subdirectory under
   [info library] and unpack the zip into it. Or, if the zip creates
   its own directory, unpackl it directly in [info library].

--
So long,
	Andreas Kupries <akupries@shaw.ca>

Tcl'2016, Nov 14-18, Houston, TX, USA. http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2016/