Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?

Hi,

  is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple
one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a
bit before posting.

  Best,

         Charles.

Right to left writing in text widget
Hi Everybody, I have a request concerning to typing text right to left in a text widget. I have no idea how to solve this problem. Is there anybody hwo has an answer? With the Best: Zsolt -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message body of "unsubscribe ptk" to majordomo@lists.stanford.edu ...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack), and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is *one nice feature*!) Other tricks with those arrows? Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > Well, I know about shift up-and-down: > > shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on > choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the > cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. > > shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the > screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click > *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN > choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes > to scroll-down that FIRST time.) > > > What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the > left and right arrows? > > > Oh, apparantely undocumented,...

RE: Right to left writing in text widget
I'm back again, Now you can see how lasy i am. I have tried to do something like this: use Tk; use Tk::Text; require Tk::Adjuster; use strict; my $mw = MainWindow->new; my $t2 = $mw->Scrolled('Text', -scrollbars=> 'ose', -height=> 5, -background =>'SystemButtonFace')->pack(-side=>'bottom', -fill=> 'both', -expand=> '1'); my $t1 = $mw->Scrolled('Text', -scrollbars=> 'ose', -height=> 5, -background =>'SystemWindow')->pack(-side=>'bottom', -fill=> ...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

Right-to-left text
I come back to right-to-left text such as Arabic and Hebrew. (Previous thread was "non-Latin-1 in iCab 3".) My test page http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/right-to-left.html lists all HTML and CSS constructs for bidirectional text. It uses only ASCII digits! You do not need to know Arabic or Hebrew; you don't even need fonts with Arabic or Hebrew letters. If your browser passes this test, it is likely to display Arabic and Hebrew pages correctly. ...

Text and Image inside table <td> Alight Text Left and Image right in same cell ??
Is that possible? How? <td > <asp:Label ID="StartDateLabel" runat="server" Text="Start Date:"> <asp:imagebutton ID="Imagebutton1" width=18 Height=18 CommandName=SetDate imageUrl="../cal.jpg" runat=server /> </asp:Label> </td> <td > On 2006-10-24, Jason <jason@cyberpine.com> wrote: > Is that possible? How? Set text-align: left on the cell as usual (it's likely to be the default), and make the image float: right. To work around a Firefox float bug, better to put the image befor...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, > at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) That makes no sense whatsoever. gnuplot generates some kind of picture. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever whether a line was drawn from left to right or right to left --- it'll be the same line in the end, consisisting of exactly the same pixels being coloured. So since this doesn't make sense, maybe you should tell us what your actual problem is, so we can find out how that might be solved. On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:12:33 PM UTC+1, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker wrote: > On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: >=20 >=20 >=20 > > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my >=20 > > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, >=20 > > at the minute it plots from...

right to left text field
just i want to change the direction of the writing in the text field to be from right to left. I tried Font.layoutGlyphVector but I don't know how to set the arguments especailly the first and the second arguments. Am i in the right way or there is another way? pls help. polaris wrote: > just i want to change the direction of the writing in the text field > to be from right to left. I tried Font.layoutGlyphVector but I don't > know how to set the arguments especailly the first and the second > arguments. Am i in the right way or there is another way? pls help. > Maybe you have additional requirements, but the setComponentOrientation method can be used to set the language-sensitive order of text within your text field. myTextField.setComponentOrientation(ComponentOrientation.RIGHT_TO_LEFT); <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/ComponentOrientation.html> <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/swing/text/JTextComponent.html#setComponentOrientation(java.awt.ComponentOrientation)> <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Component.html#setComponentOrientation(java.awt.ComponentOrientation)> Regards, Roland On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:21:03 +0100, Roland de Ruiter <roland.de.ruiter@example.invalid> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : > >myTextField.setComponentOrientation(ComponentOrientation.RIGHT_TO_LEFT); there are 4 orientations in use in real languages out of possible 8...

right-to-left text entry
I am modifying an application that uses OpenMotif 2.2.3 on Red Hat EL 3.0 I need to allow a user to enter text into a single line text entry field in right-to-left order (for Arabic input). Is this at all possible? Is there any documentation anywhere about it? I have scoured Google, to no avail. I have tried playing with a verification callback on the text entry widget, but can't seem to get the cursor to behave in a sensible fashion. Please, can anyone help? Thanks. ...

how to let the text align to the left and right
well, I am writing my Acknowledgements for my thesis work, and at last, I will write the date and my name, like (let xxx represents the text) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Frankfurt, May 02 Bill Gates the "Frankfurt, May 02 should be at the very left side", and "Bill Gates" should be at the very right side, how? Am 2 May 2007 02:12:28 -0700 schrieb hallohallo2002@hotmail.com: > well, I am writing my Acknowledgements for my thesis work, and at > last, I will write the date and my name, like (let xxx represents the > text) > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. > > Frankfurt, May 02 Bill Gates > > the "Frankfurt, May 02 should be at the very left side", and "Bill > Gates" should be at the very right side, how? \noindent Frankfurt \hfill Bill -- Ulrike Fischer hallohallo2002@hotmail.com writes: > Frankfurt, May 02 Bill Gates > > the "Frankfurt, May 02 should be at the very left side", and "Bill > Gates" should be at the very right side, how? \hfill: --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- \documentclass{article} \begin{document} Frankfurt, M...

Equation with right or left flushed text
I want to have some "standard" equations, possible within gather or similar environments, with centered formula bodies but want to have a zero width box containing text at the extreme left. For example I would like output to look like this: Einstein's Formula E = mc^2 (23) where (23) is the equation number, E=mc^2 is centered (or positioned as it should be within given environment) without regard to widths of Einstein's Formula or (23). \shoveleft seems only to go back to the left most part of series of equations rather than the left margin. Any suggestions or help gratefully appreciated. ds david.mrlucky.schwartz@gmail.com wrote: > I want to have some "standard" equations, possible within gather or > similar environments, with centered formula bodies but want to have a > zero width box containing text at the extreme left. For example I > would like output to look like this: > > Einstein's Formula E = mc^2 (23) > > where (23) is the equation number, E=mc^2 is centered (or positioned > as it should be within given environment) without regard to widths of > Einstein's Formula or (23). \shoveleft seems only to go back to the > left most part of series of equations rather than the left margin. > > Any suggestions or help gratefully appreciated. ds \begin{flalign} \text{Einstein's Formula} & E &= mc^2 && \end{flalign} untested /daleif ...

text box orientation right to left
Hi, I am new to java. Am creating a math webpage for teachers. I have math problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two multi-digit numbers in a column). Is there an easy way to specify that the caret position needs to move from right to left instead of the standard left to right? kd "kd dolezal/rob nishida" <kddran.6.26.83@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<QGtgd.926$vJ.799@trnddc02>... > Hi, > > I am new to java. Am creating a math webpage for teachers. I have math > problems where the input needs to be right to left (e....

How to have left and right aligned text on same line?

Changing M-<right,left> to C-<right,left>
Hello, I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to have it 70%, 30%. TIA, Andre Luiz AndreLTR <andreltramos@gmail.com> writes: > Hello, > > I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title > and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. > > (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) > (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) > (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Works for me. Seems the code is not evaluated at all for you, dunno why, presumably something is wrong with your init file. > Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same > window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open > the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to > have it 70%, 30%. You can use the prefix arg of `split-window-below' to specify window heights in lines, see the doc string. Is that acceptable? ...

Q: Watermark vertical Text on the left/right margin, how?
Hi! I would like to write a few words vertically on the left margin of my pages and if possible watermark style. I would appreciate any help there. Thanks, Epstein Epstein wrote: > I would like to write a few words vertically on the left margin of my pages > and if possible watermark style. Look up the graphicx package's \rotatebox command in the grfguide document (which you probably already have on your system). Then read what the UK TeX FAQ has to say about watermarks: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=watermark -- Scott This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080909090509010201040504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This was sent to me, but I think it was intended to be a newsgroup reply. -- Scott --------------080909090509010201040504 Content-Type: text/plain; name="reply.txt" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="reply.txt" From - Sat Apr 17 19:03:17 2004 X-Mozilla-Status: 0001 X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 Return-path: <chris_ellison@hotmail.com> Envelope-to: scott@pakin.org Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:45:51 -0600 Received: from sea2-dav21.sea2.hotmail.com ([207.68.164.125] helo=hotmail.com) by pakin.org with esmtp (Exim 3.35 #1 (Debian)) id 1BEyZL-0002rv-00 for <scott@pakin.org>; Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:45:51 -0600 Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft S...

tikz
I would like to write words that stand near the sloped line (right and left). Words should on different lines. Whatever I put as coordinate for nodes doesn't place the node properly. Please me with this. Thanks in advance \documentclass{article} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage{tikz} \usetikzlibrary{shapes,arrows,backgrounds,calc,positioning} \begin{document} \begin{tikzpicture}[scale=0.03] \tikz \draw[thick, black] (0,0) --(3,8); \tikz \draw (0,0) node [right]{1Hello, world!}; \tikz \draw (0,0) node [right]{2Hello, world!}; \tikz \draw (0,0) node [right]{3Hello, world!}; \tikz \draw (0,0) node [right]{4Hello, world!}; \tikz \draw (0,0) node [left]{1Hello, world!}; \tikz \draw (0,0) node [left]{2Hello, world!}; \tikz \draw (0,0) node [left]{3Hello, world!}; \tikz \draw (0,0) node [left]{4Hello, world!}; \end{tikzpicture} \end{document} ...

Newbie query: aligning text elements left and right?
I want to create a single line (header or paragraph) with some short text stuff A aligned flush left, some add'l short text stuff B aligned flush right on the same line. I can do this with Table -- but is this considered bad practice? If so, what's a better way? (Just with tags at the minute -- I'll get to CSS eventually.) Thanks. "AES/newspost" <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote in message news:siegman-41E42A.10253522072004@news.stanford.edu... > I want to create a single line (header or paragraph) with some short > text stuff A aligned flush...

How to have curly braces on the left and right sight of a block of text.
Dear all, I want to have some blocks of text with curly braces at the sides. For this I use the bigdelim package. The "minimal" example below shows my attempt. And you see instantly the problem: the braces are shifted. What is the preferred way of coding this? I can of course also have a metapost file. And over there some minipages. The curly brace is then a huge single character. Nevertheless can the above be done in LaTeXe? -- Best Regards, Ton 't Lam ton-t.lam at h p and then a dot and after that dot the co m. \documentclass{article} \usepackage{multirow} \usepackage{bigdelim} \usepackage{alltt} \usepackage{graphicx} \begin{document} \begin{tabular}{r p{8cm} l} % First row \ldelim\{{10}{4mm}[\rotatebox{90}{\hspace*{-4ex}instance}] & \begin{minipage}{8cm} \scriptsize \begin{alltt} # ipcs | grep oracle m 5 0x140a3384 --rw-r----- oracle dba s 428 0x45370954 --ra-r----- oracle dba \end{alltt} \end{minipage} & \rdelim\}{2}{8mm}[SGA] \\ & & \\ % Second row & \begin{minipage}{8cm} \scriptsize \begin{alltt} # ps -ef | grep dbname oracle 1193 \ldots{} ora_dbw0_dbname oracle 1195 \ldots{} ora_lgwr_dbname oracle 1197 \ldots{} ora_ckpt_dbname oracle 1191 \ldots{} ora_pmon_dbname oracle 1199 \ldots{} ora_smon_dbname oracle 1201 \ldots{} ora_reco_dbname oracle 1257 \ldots{} oracledbname (LOCAL=NO) oracle 127...

text in a widget, text-widget
hello i have an application with a couple of text widgets but i would like to add some functionalities that at first and second sight are not directly supported by the plain text widget itself - ? for example i would like certain lines of text within the textwidget to take different background colors according to certain parameters also i would like to be able to detect certain sentences or words that would become 'links' and by clicking them i would open up different windows any suggestions to solutions and widgets for the above problems ? - i probably could...

Left and right align text in 1 horizontal nav bar

Hi. I need an example on generating a PDF file using pdf4tcl. Text direction can be Right to Left.
Hi. I need an example on generating a PDF file using pdf4tcl. Text directio= n can be Right to Left. I live in Lebanon which is an Arab country. Account= ing Reports can , of course, be in Arabic. So, kindly please, show me an ex= ample. I tried the example from the pdf4tcl manual. I am getting question marks, a= nd I know the reason is because of the encoding . I also did set the encodi= ng to utf-8 (unicode encoding). and the question marks still appear instead= of the Arabic characters which also must be joined and well rendered. You may test Arabic by copying the following str...

text-text

RE: text in a widget, text-widget #2
Johan, Here this will give you an idea how to create a link in a text widget as well as some other tags. HTH Mike use strict; use Tk; use Tk::Dialog; my $mainWindow = MainWindow->new(-title => "Test Tags"); my $sc_width = 100; my $sc_height = 15; my $scrolled = $mainWindow->Scrolled( "Text", -scrollbars => 'se', -background => 'white', -wrap => &...

Web resources about - Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities? - comp.lang.tcl

Right-to-left - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Right-to-left can also refer to top-to-bottom, right-to-left scripts such as Chinese , Japanese , and Korean , though they are also commonly ...

Hebrew Posts Now Right-To-Left On Facebook?
... for its users who speak Hebrew , following up its introduction of language-specific names with the display of posts in Hebrew from right-to-left, ...

Facebook Now Available in Arabic and Hebrew, Reading Right to Left
... 60 more in the process of user translation, today officially launched in Arabic and Hebrew – two languages in which writing begins on the right ...

Daley must turn left to right for Blues
Laurie Daley has an abundance of left-side wingers at his disposal for State of Origin I, but he needs to turn one into a right-side player. ...

Man survives motorcycle accident but his heart shifts from left to right
A MAN survived a motorcycle accident but he left doctors shocked when they went to check his heart only to find it was no longer on the left ...

Left to right:... - - chicagotribune.com
Left to right: Michael Murray, Josh Kruge and Stephanie Cohn use their feet to mix mortar for the rocket stove.

Where we can move the needle right to left in 2014
... my money to somebody who'll just be another Blue Dog..." It's a pretty common refrain around these parts, and it's particularly important right ...

Super Mario Runs Left to Right Because Our Brains Say So
Does this gif hurt your brain? You're not alone. Read more...

Mac malware uses right to left character exploit
... and read each character moving left. The text displays like this because it is prefixed by a special Right-to-Left override Unicode character. ...

Tip of the Day: Taking Right-to-Left Panoramic Photos
If you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 you can take advantage of a new iOS 6 feature that allows you to capture panoramic photos without the need ...