thread or threads ?

For some time now, I've been checking out tcl, tk, tls and threads
from sourceforge.

Recently, my cvs went berserk (I passed it a subdirectory
with trailing slash for update, but I'm not sure if that
was really the reason), and instead of updating just that
directory, it checked out all modules.

Among these modules was "thread".
I checked for what was more recent, and it looked like
thread had more recent checkins than threads.

But "thread" doesn't even configure:
> ../../../cvs/sourceforge/thread/configure checking for correct TEA configuration... ok (TEA 3.2)
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in tclconfig ../../../cvs/sourceforge/thread/tclconfig
and indeed, the thread tree doesn't have any "tclconfig" in it.

I'm not sure, though, whether "threads" would actually
compile... It was below my radar until I came along the
choice...

If the actual problem is between my monitor and my chair, then
sorry in advance...
0
avl1 (2748)

I'd really appreciate an answer to that...

Andreas Leitgeb <avl@gamma.logic.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> For some time now, I've been checking out tcl, tk, tls and threads
> from sourceforge.
>
> Recently, my cvs went berserk (I passed it a subdirectory
> with trailing slash for update, but I'm not sure if that
> was really the reason), and instead of updating just that
> directory, it checked out all modules.
>
> Among these modules was "thread".
> I checked for what was more recent, and it looked like
> thread had more recent checkins than threads.
>
> But "thread" doesn't even configure:
>> ../../../cvs/sourceforge/thread/configure checking for correct TEA configuration... ok (TEA 3.2)
>> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in tclconfig ../../../cvs/sourceforge/thread/tclconfig
> and indeed, the thread tree doesn't have any "tclconfig" in it.
>
> I'm not sure, though, whether "threads" would actually
> compile... It was below my radar until I came along the
> choice...
>
> If the actual problem is between my monitor and my chair, then
> sorry in advance...
0
avl1 (2748)
11/25/2005 7:48:51 AM
Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
> Andreas Leitgeb <avl@gamma.logic.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>> For some time now, I've been checking out tcl, tk, tls and threads
>> from sourceforge.

>> Among these modules was "thread".
>> I checked for what was more recent, and it looked like
>> thread had more recent checkins than threads.

'thread' is indeed the module name you want, but in your
personal CVS you can co a dir to whatever name you want.

>> But "thread" doesn't even configure:
>>> ../../../cvs/sourceforge/thread/configure checking for correct TEA configuration... ok (TEA 3.2)
>>> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in tclconfig ../../../cvs/sourceforge/thread/tclconfig
>> and indeed, the thread tree doesn't have any "tclconfig" in it.

Then it was not checked out cleanly.  Wipe it and re-co it.

--
   Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
   http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos
Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote:
> 'thread' is indeed the module name you want, but in your
> personal CVS you can co a dir to whatever name you want.

I'm confused now.  I could have sworn that there existed
a "threads" module (not just a renamed dir in my tree).
I'll see if I can find some backup of my local tree (where
I've unfortunately already removed the threads-dir), and
what its CVS/Root & CVS/Repository really said.

> Then it was not checked out cleanly.  Wipe it and re-co it.

Next time a submodule is added to a module ("&submodule" in
CVSROOT/modules), I'd wish that the configure-script was
made to check for the subdir, and on lack, write a specific
message (not just that it is missing, but that it should
really be there and advise a clean (re-)checkout)

I've now run my head against a wall a second time with a
missing &submodule (first time was libtommath within tcl)

0
avl1 (2748)
11/25/2005 5:42:10 PM
Andreas Leitgeb <avl@gamma.logic.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote:
>> 'thread' is indeed the module name you want, but in your
>> personal CVS you can co a dir to whatever name you want.
> I'm confused now.

My confusion is solved:
my previous "threads"-checkout was from "/cvsroot/threads"
(thus actually a "different" project)
I think I picked up its cvs-root from this group some
time ago.  Is the "threads" project actually related
to tcl at all?

PS:
Since threaded builds of wish still have a tendency to
randomly freeze (I know this is said to be caused by a
faulty glibc or such), I haven't really built anything
with threads for some time.

PPS:
My rant about the silently added submodules still holds.

0
avl1 (2748)

To thread or not to thread
My app needs to check a number of things on the web. This can be done in the background. I use idHTTP to pull data in. This process is broken down into small parts and the subroutinen are called in the OnIdle handler of the main form. I notice that sometimes idHTTP needs a considerable time to build the connection/fetch the data and the application doesn't repond to user actions during such periods. To cope with this I have now implemented the web data fetching in a thread with priority tpIdle. I think the problem of non-response has gone, ut it is difficult to test. Am...

threading a thread
I have a program written in Python that checks a class B network (65536 hosts) for web servers. It does a simple TCP socket connect to port 80 and times out after a certain periods of time. The program is threaded and can do all of the hosts in about 15 minutes or so. I'd like to make it so that I can check for other open ports (instead of just port 80) and I'd like to thread the port checks as well. Right now I'm just prototyping and the threaded hosts portion works very well for my needs. I'd just like to add a threaded ports check and wanted to know if anyone had don...

About threading.Thread
Hello guys: I have an question on threading.Thread My code is here: File1: a.py import threading import time def hello(): while True: print('hello') threads =3D threading.enumerate() for thread in threads: print(thread.getName()) time.sleep(3) def fun(): a =3D threading.Thread(target=3Dhello(), name=3D'hello') print("a file: I won't display!") a.start() File2: b.py import time from a import fun fun() print("b file: I won't display!") When I run: python b.py (python version: 2.7.6, 3.3.5, 3.4....

To thread or not to thread
Hello, I was recently reading an article on threading in python and I came across Global Interpreter Lock,now as a novince in python I was cusrious about 1.Is writing a threaded code in python going to perform well than a normal python code.If so on what basis can it performance be measured. 2.Is writing a threaded code in python better than a code written in C/C++ using PTHREADS. If someone can comment on these questions, it would be great. On 2005-07-28, Sidd <iamsidd@gmail.com> wrote: > I was recently reading an article on threading in python and I > came across Glo...

To thread or not to thread ?
The threads of discussion about threads have been enlightening in exposing some of the low level issues which could possibly affect MT code and, more importantly, served also to bring awareness to the unsuspecting (me for one). It leaves me wondering if writing MT code is even to be pursued at this point in time, or at least "where's the guidebook to read is that will facilitate the writing of MT code without engaging compiler-level gotchas?". Can the low level issues be dealt with in the short term by following certain rules, perhaps platform-specific ones, or is robust MT code ...

enable-threads with multi-threaded/multi-interp app but w/o tcl thread api?
Ive been searching for an answer to a basic question and have been unable to find it : If I have a multi-threaded C++ application with embedded tcl, using pthreads and each thread having its own tcl interpreter, do I need to build the tcl library with threads enabled? I am not using the TCL thread API, I am simply creating and using multiple tcl interpreters within separate pthreads(again, each thread having its own interp). From the Wiki ( http://wiki.tcl.tk/1339 ) Some consolidated rules for embedding Tcl in a threaded application: * You can NEVER use the same interpreter from more than one thread * If you only have one Tcl Interpreter: * You can use either Unthreaded or Threaded Tcl * No "Big Global Mutex" is required for Unthreaded Tcl Build (Never required for Threaded Tcl build) * If you have Multiple Tcl Interpreters: * If you are using an Unthreaded Tcl a "Big Global Mutex" is required for ALL calls to functions in libtcl * If you are using a Threaded Tcl, no mutex locks are required You are responsible for the "big global mutex" if you have multiple Tcl interpreters "owned" by multiple threads and unthreaded Tcl. Thanks, Roy Keene ...

TCL built with threads, but no Thread package
Hello, I'm just getting started with TCL threads (using Brent Welch's et al excellent book). I've built a threaded TCL, but when I do package require Thread, I get an error: % puts $tcl_platform(threaded) 1 % package require Thread can't find package Thread What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Frem. Fremlins wrote: > % puts $tcl_platform(threaded) > 1 > % package require Thread > can't find package Thread > > What am I doing wrong? Is the Thread package installed on your system? -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Don Porter wrote: > Fremlins wrote: > >>% puts $tcl_platform(threaded) >>1 >>% package require Thread >>can't find package Thread >> >>What am I doing wrong? > > > Is the Thread package installed on your system? Ah, it wasn't :-) Problem solved. Thanks, Frem. ...

enable-threads with multi-threaded/multi-interp app but w/o tcl thread api? #2
Ive been searching for an answer to a basic question and have been unable to find it : If I have a multi-threaded C++ application with embedded tcl, using pthreads and each thread having its own tcl interpreter, do I need to build the tcl library with threads enabled? I am not using the TCL thread API, I am simply creating and using multiple tcl interpreters within separate pthreads(again, each thread having its own interp). Hello JV, Am 26.06.11 17:39, schrieb JV: > If I have a multi-threaded C++ application with embedded tcl, using > pthreads and each thread having its own tcl interpreter, do I need to > build the tcl library with threads enabled? I am not using the TCL > thread API, I am simply creating and using multiple tcl interpreters > within separate pthreads(again, each thread having its own interp). I don't know the answer, but why do you want to avoid the threaded build? Do you fear its getting slower due to additional locks? An advantage of using Tcl instead of pthreads directly (i.e., Tcl_CreateThread() and friends), you gain the advantage of platform independence, which means mainly Windows. Tcls thread API in the C level mostly corresponds to pthreads. Of course, to use these functions, you must have a threaded build. IIRC there was only one reason to avoid the threaded build on Unix, namely fork() Christian Thank you for the response. This is for an existing application that uses pthreads extensively. It will only be imp...

thread::release [thread::id] of main thread
I would like to put this into discussion: In the main thread write: package re Thread thread::release [thread::id] Shall a scripting language take precautions for making such errors and throw an error? or shall it simply do what the user requests? I already mentioned this at sourceforge but didn't write an explicit bug-report. thx ...

Sub thread and Thread ?
Hi, all: Can I build 2 sub threads in another thread? which means: main call thread A ; Thread A call thread A1; call Thread A2; ; Thanks for any comments. bin YE yezi wrote: > Hi, all: > > Can I build 2 sub threads in another thread? which means: If in the pseudo code below 'call' means 'create' then yes, most thread APIs allow threads to create threads. > main > > call thread A > > ; > > Thread A > call thread A1; > call Thread A2; > > ; > > Thanks for any comments. > > > bin YE -- Phil Frisbie, Jr. Hawk Software http://www.hawksoft.com yezi wrote: > > Can I build 2 sub threads in another thread? which means: > > main > > call thread A > > ; > > Thread A > call thread A1; > call Thread A2; > > ; > > Thanks for any comments. Any thread, including the main thread (which is just "a thread" to the system), can create threads and issue synchronization and scheduling operations. However, there's no such thing as "subthreads". All threads are equal, and there's no hierarchy of parent/child as there is for processes. Unlike fork/wait, no matter which thread creates a thread, any other thread with access to the thread's ID can join with the created thread. -- Dave Butenhof, David.B...

threads within a thread
I have a program that uses threads to quickly check class B networks (65,536) hosts for public web servers. It works great. I'd like to check for other servers as well. Basically, I've got the hosts threaded. Now, I'd like to thread the ports so that while the hosts are being probed concurrently that ports on the hosts could be probed concurrently as well. It might look like this: A Thread host A Thread port 80 port 443 port 25 host A Thread port 445 port 139 host A Thread ... I can demonstrate actually code (with only threaded ho...

Thread within a thread
Is it possible to call a thread (pthread) from within a thread invocation ? If I correctly pthread_join() the new thread from the calling thread, does it make good design sense ? On May 14, 10:33=A0pm, Raseel <raseelbha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to call a thread (pthread) from within a thread > invocation ? There is no other way to do it. If code is running, it's a thread that's running it. > If I correctly pthread_join() the new thread from the calling thread, > does it make good design sense ? You can call 'pthread_join' from any thread that wants to wait for any other non-detached thread to complete. DS "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com> wrote in message news:2ec36658-cce9-4b00-afe3-2a4a38d03248@u9g2000pre.googlegroups.com... On May 14, 10:33 pm, Raseel <raseelbha...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Is it possible to call a thread (pthread) from within a thread > > invocation ? > There is no other way to do it. If code is running, it's a thread > that's running it. ;^) > > If I correctly pthread_join() the new thread from the calling thread, > > does it make good design sense ? > You can call 'pthread_join' from any thread that wants to wait for any > other non-detached thread to complete. "Raseel" <raseelbhagat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5b11295d-3097-4e35-9696-8556252971f4@d1...

Threads and thread safety
I don't know a thing about thread programming and multithreaded jobs. I do know that when I execute some CL commands from a SQL stored procedure or function, I sometimes get warnings about thread safety. I wanted a way to get a list of objects as a table returned from a table function. In particular, I wanted a list of all subsystems on the system. I coded this table function: create function get_all_sbsd () returns table (sbs char(10), sbs_lib char(10)) language sql modifies sql data begin call qsys2.qcmdexc ('dspobjd *all/*all *sbsd output(*outfile) outfile(qtemp/sbs)'); return (select odobnm, odlbnm from qtemp.sbs); end; It works beautifully, and very fast. HOWEVER... When I look in the job log, I see CPD000D in the job log reading: "Command *LIBL/DSPOBJD not safe for a multithreaded job." In the second level text, after repeating the basic warning, it reads, "Action 2 will be taken. Possible actions are: 2 -- Processing of the command will continue." Why is DSPOBJD not threadsafe, and what does that even mean (see first sentence above)? As I said, the command operates as expected and the result set is correct. On Tuesday, 16 February 2016 15:24:33 UTC, Jonathan Ball wrote: > I don't know a thing about thread programming and multithreaded jobs. I= =20 > do know that when I execute some CL commands from a SQL stored p...

Threads: does Thread.start() atomically set Thread.__started ?
Can some kind person please further my education on Threads? When I create a thread called "t" and I do a "t.start()" am I guaranteed that "t.isAlive()" will return True as long as the thread hasn't already completed? Put another way, does "t.start()" ever return before t.__started is set to True? consider this example: import time import threading class MyThread(threading.Thread): def __init__(self): self.completed = False threading.Thread.__init__(self) def run(self): #do something time.sleep(1) se...

how to start thread in thread
Hello everyone, I'm a perl beginner. I created a piece of code which starts a first thread. Thie first thread in turn creates a second thread (It's only testing but I will need such feature soon). Unfortunately the creation of the second thread hangs the first one (please, see the test example attached below). Is there anybody who knows what's going on ?. I decided to create fully OO software and I wouldn't like to go back into a fork-based solution (It would be a really painful operation). Env: Active State Perl 5.8.3/w2k (unfortunately I had no time to test it under Red Hat...

Thread within a thread
Is it possible to call a thread (pthread) from within a thread invocation ? If I correctly pthread_join() the new thread from the calling thread, does it make good design sense ? <raseelbhagat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:de3c9fd5-5d89-4a0c-a2ac-14a1f7da0784@i28g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to call a thread (pthread) from within a thread > invocation ? Yes. > If I correctly pthread_join() the new thread from the calling thread, > does it make good design sense ? Well, perhaps it makes 100% complete sense for your particular application; I need more information. However, I would suggest asking this portion of the question over in `comp.programming.threads'... On May 15, 9:42=A0am, "Chris M. Thomasson" <n...@spam.invalid> wrote: > <raseelbha...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:de3c9fd5-5d89-4a0c-a2ac-14a1f7da0784@i28g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > > > Is it possible to call a thread (pthread) from within a thread > > invocation ? > > Yes. > > > If I correctly pthread_join() the new thread from the calling thread, > > does it make good design sense ? > > Well, perhaps it makes 100% complete sense for your particular applicatio= n; > I need more information. However, I would suggest asking this portion of = the > question over in `comp.programming.threads'... Thanks, I'll post it there, while trying out the code anyways. I just wanted...

Stopping all threads from other thread
Hello, it is possible to stop all threads (application) from thread of application: App |-MainThread |-WebServer |-CmdListener # From this I want to stop App The sys.exit isn't working... Amadeusz Jasak (Poland) amadeusz.jasak@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > it is possible to stop all threads (application) from thread of > application: > App > |-MainThread > |-WebServer > |-CmdListener # From this I want to stop App > > The sys.exit isn't working... You can start all threads other than CmdListener as daemon threads, using threading.Thread.setDaemon(...

How to kill threading.Thread instance?
hi all, Is there a better way to kill threading.Thread (running) instance than this one http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/496960 (it's all I have found via google). BTW, it should be noticed that lots of threading module methods have no docstrings (in my Python 2.5), for example _Thread__bootstrap, _Thread__stop. Regards, D. dmitrey schrieb: > hi all, > Is there a better way to kill threading.Thread (running) instance than > this one > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/496960 > (it's all I have found via google). > Nope....

about thread inside another thread
hi , i am new to threads programming. here i have situation where i have to create a thread inside another thread.is it possible to create a thread inside another thread ?..i searched in net. but i could not find.. my first thread : pthread_create( &callThd[thno], &attr, jobSchedule, (void *)thno); inside jobSchedule i need to create a another thread which should call execute2.. pthread_create( &callThd[newthno], &attr, execute2, (void *)newthno); plz help me thank you subbukamatchi@gmail.com wrote: > i am new to threads programming. here i have situation where i > have to create a thread inside another thread.is it possible to create > a thread inside another thread ? When your program starts (i.e. when it enters main()), you already have a thread running, so in other words you always need a thread to start another thread (without a thread, there wouldn't be anything happening). Other than that, whether you can start other threads from any thread other than the main thread depends on the threading library you use, but seeing that you use the POSIX threading API, that works. If you have any problems with that, you should rather tell us what you do, what happens and what you expect to happen, alongside with a minimal piece of code that demonstrates your problem. Uli -- Questions ? see C++-FAQ Lite: http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...

another thread on Python threading
Hi, I've recently been working on an application[1] which does quite a bit of searching through large data structures and string matching, and I was thinking that it would help to put some of this CPU-intensive work in another thread, but of course this won't work because of Python's GIL. There's a lot of past discussion on this, and I want to bring it up again because with the work on Python 3000, I think it is worth trying to take a look at what can be done to address portions of the problem through language changes. Also, the recent hardware trend towards multicore proces...

Bug in threading.Thread.join() ?
I'm still trying to understand the behaviour that I'm seeing but I'm already pretty sure that it's either a bug, or something that would be considered a bug if it didn't perhaps avoid even worse behaviour. Inside the join() method of threading.Thread objects, a Condition named self.__block is acquired, and then the wait logic is executed. After the wait() finishes, self.__block is released and the method returns. If you hit Ctrl-C while the join's wait() is occurring, you'll raise a KeyboardInterrupt and bypass the release() call. (I'm observing this on Win ...

Detached thread or joinable thread?
Hi all, I am reading a book "Computer Systems A progammer's Perspective". It said thread is joinable or detached. Which one used most of the time? And how to use them? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Best regards, Davy Davy wrote: > Hi all, > > I am reading a book "Computer Systems A progammer's Perspective". It > said thread is joinable or > detached. Which one used most of the time? And how to use them? What does your book say? Generally I use detached threads, but I always use joinable threads when using a thread pool. I create my thread pool threads as joinable so that I can join with them at shutdown to make sure they have received the 'we are shutting down' message and are done with their work. > Any suggestions will be appreciated! > Best regards, > Davy -- Phil Frisbie, Jr. Hawk Software http://www.hawksoft.com "Phil Frisbie, Jr." <phil@hawksoft.com> wrote in message news:4395cc69$0$81310$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net... > Generally I use detached threads, but I always use joinable threads when > using a thread pool. I create my thread pool threads as joinable so that I > can join with them at shutdown to make sure they have received the 'we are > shutting down' message and are done with their work. Funny, I never use joinable threads with a thread pool. A thread pool generally keeps track of things like t...

listener thread and sendbuffer thread
Im still in my newbie phase with pthreads and my knowlege with BSD sockets is not that extensive. If I create two threads, passing an open socket descriptor to each thread, one thread listens and the other performs getting stdin and sends over the socket, is it necessary to mutex lock the socket send or receive calls? or does send and receive facilitate simultaneous access without the need to lock the file descriptors. Charles Steve Watt wrote: [...] > I don't have the URL handy (Alexander?), Sure. ``I'm all yours.'' > but this has been discussed > in this group before -- maybe "thread per connection" will be a useful > search term. Right. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3CC6947A.82342865%40web.de (Subject: Re: Thread-per-connection revisited) regards, alexander. On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:59:10 GMT, steve@nospam.Watt.COM (Steve Watt) wrote: >In article <54e1jvstpi8h8qe75gni4t1plshqrkv7lt@4ax.com>, >Charles Wilkins <2boxers_at_comcast.net> wrote: >>Im still in my newbie phase with pthreads and my knowlege with BSD >>sockets is not that extensive. >> >>If I create two threads, passing an open socket descriptor to each >>thread, one thread listens and the other performs getting stdin and >>sends over the socket, is it necessary to mutex lock the socket send >>or receive calls? or does s...

Threads: queue between two or more threads
hi, i have made a little application where 3 threads are launched - in two of the threads i need to implement somekind of queue - the first queue i will stuff with packets that are to be transmitted by the first thread, the second queue will be stuffed by thread 2 with incoming data - and will be retrieved from another thread - i guess i would prefer a linked list. All this is placed in a DLL. It has to be threadsafe (ofcourse) since several threads in theory can access the list at the same time - ive thought of using critical sections on the whole list - but wouldnt this cause unnessacary waiting time ? What would your suggestions be ? and anyone with a link to a simple example - im not that strong in mutexes. WinXP/VC60. > i have made a little application where 3 threads are launched - in two of > the threads i need to implement somekind of queue - the first queue i will > stuff with packets that are to be transmitted by the first thread, the > second queue will be stuffed by thread 2 with incoming data - and will be > retrieved from another thread - i guess i would prefer a linked list. Would you like to use anything from these libraries? - http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~noble/manual/sllist.html - http://wefts.sourceforge.net/wefts-apidoc-0.99c/classWefts_1_1Queue.html Regards, Markus > Would you like to use anything from these libraries? > - http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~noble/manual/sllist.html > - ...

Web resources about - thread or threads ? - comp.lang.tcl

Threads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Written by Barry Hines and directed by Mick Jackson , it is a docudrama account of nuclear war and its effects on the city of Sheffield in northern ...

Threads
Scripting News Blog Linkblog Top-40 Photos River Dave 5/27/12 by DW Should Google have posting API? Zipper merge 5/26/12 by DW Will Twitter ever ...

Threads
We *Really* Built It International news feeds Write a blog post Levity in Republican politics Remember where you were when...? Thurs on ...

Facebook Correcting Bug That Affected Third-Party Sites’ Like Counts, Comment Threads
... plugin , fear not: Your popularity is not plummeting. Facebook is in the process of fixing a bug that reset like counts and made comment threads ...

Threads of Mystery, Amazon Sweepstakes, My Local Walmart, Fab and more on this week’s emerging Facebook ...
Playdom’s Threads of Mystery led our list of emerging Facebook applications by monthly active users this week with 31 percent gain. We define ...

Search Twitter - threads
... here Search Refresh Sarah Harding @ SarahAddicts 31s Make sure you've downloaded @SarahNHarding debut single and EP guys apple.co/1ht2a8xThreads ...

135% As you may know, there's been a major redesign of the Scripting News home page . But, you may not be able to see that this is part of a ...

I just released a tool called Microliner that lets you outline your conversations on Twitter. I don't think anyone has ever had a tool like ...

... a nice picture! Can you see it? And a little bold and italic text. Does it look bold and italic? If you want to help out, come to the threads ...

We all saw the spectacle play out in the summer of 2011. The Republicans in Congress were playing an incredibly dangerous game of Chicken with ...