upload ".zip" file [transfer files using tcl script]

I want to upload .zip file from my windows box to unix box i mean i
want to transfer files using tcl script.

Thanks in advance

file transfer protocol - ftp - is the protocol of choice.
A wiki page "Simple ftp uploader" shows an example using the ftp
package.

May I suggest to access the wiki page per http://taipu.de/ida.htm, to
get pointed to the wiki page http://wiki.tcl.tk/1502 with minimal
typing effort?

best regards,
Roland Frank
0
rf
12/29/2009 3:00:09 PM
senthilvaishnavi schrieb:
> I want to upload .zip file from my windows box to unix box i mean i
> want to transfer files using tcl script.
>
> Thanks in advance

I would use scp from the openssh package. Advantages are: ssh service is almost certainly running, the
transfer is encrypted, you can use public key authentication which is very secure, you can target any directory.

/Str.
On 29/12/2009 19:45, M. Strobel wrote:
> I would use scp from the openssh package. Advantages are: ssh service
> is almost certainly running, the transfer is encrypted, you can use
> public key authentication which is very secure, you can target any
> directory.

Also, it's much simpler to get through firewalls and likely to be liked
by all the network admins. But really do check out using a keypair to
authenticate. Not only does it mean you don't need a password normally,
but it also stops a whole class of attacks on the target system if
passwords are not a supported authentication mechanism. (There are other
ways to defend against distributed password-trial attacks, but none is
as thoroughly effective.)

Donal.
0
Donal
12/29/2009 10:03:39 PM
M. Strobel schrieb:
> senthilvaishnavi schrieb:
>> I want to upload .zip file from my windows box to unix box i mean i
>> want to transfer files using tcl script.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
> I would use scp from the openssh package. Advantages are: ssh service is almost certainly running, the
> transfer is encrypted, you can use public key authentication which is very secure, you can target any directory.
>

> /Str.

ah, windows, so use the putty programs. It is all there.

/Str.