Use TCL/TK to directly display c-generated jpg?

I have a C program that captures composite video images, converts them
to jpg images, and stores the jpg images in files for later display.

Is there any way for the C program, using TCL/TK, to display directly
the jpg images without the overhead of saving the images in files?
(Needless to say I am running in X-Windows, but the C program currently
runs as a console app).

Thanks,
Dave Feustel
0
daf9612 (31)

dave wrote:
> I have a C program that captures composite video images, converts them
> to jpg images, and stores the jpg images in files for later display.
>
> Is there any way for the C program, using TCL/TK, to display directly
> the jpg images without the overhead of saving the images in files?

Look at [image create photo myimagename -data $imagedata ...]

HTH,

Gerry

Using Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 from C/C++
Hi, I just discovered Tcl/Tk and fairly excited about it :) I'm interested in using both Tcl/Tk on one c++ project and only Tk on another c++ project. 1. C++ Tk only project: I'm interested in using Tk within my c/c++ project. The project only has 5-6 dialogs using just the standard widgets. Is it fairly common to use Tk directly from c/c++--and is it fairly easy? 2. C++ Tcl/Tk only project: I'm interested in using both Tcl and Tk from within a c/c++ application. Is maketclapp the best way to go or are there better ways? Maketclapp doesn't seem to have been up...

In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?
In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, such as, exit. I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got nothing feedback. How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Thanx! vian1381@china.com.cn wrote: > In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control > all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, > such as, exit. > > I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, > I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got > nothing feedback. Your questions are hard to understand, but they suggest that you believe that setting a custom stdin channel will do some magic to establsh a prompt/read/eval loop. That is not the case. > How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Start with something that works, like the source code for tclsh, and adapt to your needs. Or post a followup and include more code examples to explain what you're doing and how it doesn't do what you expect. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |_____________________________________...

adding events to tcl queue, or using variables and traces (C and TCL)
I'm writing simple testing framework for embedded application. The application is written on C language and runs on microchip PIC microcontroller normally. To test application I made the following: * hardware depended code was picked out from main source and written to separate source files (module_hal.c for example); * two build mode for program: for microchip PIC, using *_hal.c files dealing with real hardware, or for PC, where *_hal.c files contain hardware simulation code and bindings to TCL-commands. Then program was build for PC, I can using TCL commands change input signal states for simulated hardware, for example, or view output signal states. But I need some method to call tcl callback procedure when output signal changes state. I see two methods to achieve this: * map signal state to variable, and then use 'trace' command to bind tcl-scripts to state change events; * add new events to tcl event queue, as described here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/17195 Which method can be more preferable and why? In case if signal state changes too fast, and if I use variable trace, my callback will be called on every state change -- I think it is serious drawback of first method. With second method I can add only one event to queue, and add second only if first event is processed. But as I see, second method requires more complex code in C (now I wrote this code and see it as serious drawback too). May be exists some other methods to call tcl-callbacks on even...

Displaying/Tailing Files using Tcl/Tk
We have to observe a couple of log-files. From a Tcl application we start some xterms and execute a tail. We then have a couple of xterm windows each showing how the respective log-file fills up. We want to get rid of the platform (UNIX) specific stuff and do that in pure Tcl/Tk. Any tips how I can display the tail of a file in e.g. a Tk widget which updates each time new data is available in the file in a platform independent manner so that it theoretically would work also in Windows? Regards, Roland try http://mini.net/tcl/1154 and http://wiki.tcl.tk/9654 ...

TCL/TCL combined with Java/C/C++, Any Recommendations?
Hi, I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to merge with TCL in an application. For C I know that I can compile and generate a .so or .dll and create a TCL package and load it. I believe this is done with SWIG but I have not done it. In Java I saw some info on Jacl and TclBlend. The application will be "compiled" into a TCL "executable". I know I can compile my TCL code into Byte code to protect the IP. I am not sure about Java. Any recommendations or pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Frank Frank <kranfg@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. > > The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. > > Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. > > I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to ...

Using Tcl/Tk as a user interface in a C program
Hi, i thought this question would come up every day, but i read this NG for a while and haven't seen it since. What i'd like to do is use Tcl/Tk in a standalone (linked against Tcl and/or Tk libs) C program. I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl scripts from C that handle the windows. I wouldn't like to have external scripts called, but i'd like to embed it in the C program. Has anybody got a short example for that (Linux / Windows)? Thanks for any hints, Torsten. MkTclApp is your friend: http://www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/index.html Pretty simple, really. On T...

about using tclapp wrap tcl/tk and c problem
Hi, all I know there are two methods to develop program using tcl/tk and c, the first method is by calling Tcl_Main, Tcl_AppInit to customize the main program and include tcl scripts; the other method is to make c library and then load the library in tcl script. Is there any method to use tclapp wrap the program developed by the first method? Could you tell me how to do this? now, I make my c program to a libmylib.so, and my tcl script will load it. libmylib.so depends on some other library, such as libtcl84.so and libtk84.so. now I wrap my tcl script and libmylib.so to a starpack. Tclapp will add base tcl runtime envirnment automatically, but, the libmylib.so depends on libtcl84.so and libtk84.so, need I add and wrap these library repeatedly? Is there any method to wrap my program but reduce the size of starpack? Best Regards! Tony O/H sunnyboyGuo@gmail.com έγραψε: > Hi, all > I know there are two methods to develop program using tcl/tk and c, the > first method is by calling Tcl_Main, Tcl_AppInit to customize the main > program and include tcl scripts; the other method is to make c library > and then load the library in tcl script. > Is there any method to use tclapp wrap the program developed by the > first method? Could you tell me how to do this? > > now, I make my c program to a libmylib.so, and my tcl script will load > it. libmylib.so depends on some other library, such as libtcl84.so and > libtk84.so. now I wrap my tcl script ...

YouTube Playlist: Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming Using Itcl (incr Tcl) Lessons
Hi. Like I promised you hours ago.. The playlist in English : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ The same playlist in Arabic : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_91kA-iUz_5XGNmHzivHBG Enjoy! On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:04:21 PM UTC+2, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Hi. > > Like I promised you hours ago.. > > The playlist in English : > > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ > > The same playlist in Arabic : > > https://www.youtube.com/playli...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script I have written is. I have named it TCLPIPETEST.tcl #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] gets $fd tmp1 puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "abcdef" } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } I have given all permissions for both the files above. When i execute the Tcl script My aim is to open a pipe with the 'C' executable 'ctcl', initially read so...

GUI made using Tcl/Tk not getting displayed properly in Ubuntu 12.10
I have made a GUI that is getting displayed properly in Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit= and 64 bit. It also works fine in Fedora 13 64 bit and 32 bit. But when i = open the GUI in Ubuntu 12.10 32 bit the dialog boxes are incomplete. I hav= e analysed and one problem might be auto re-sizing. But as that is an essen= tial thing in my GUI I cannot skip that. I want the GUI to work fine in all= versions of Ubuntu and Fedora. I was wondering if the display problem in U= buntu 12.10 was due to some style issues or if anybody else have also faced= similar problem and found a solution. please help. Can you provide more detail or even a photo of one of the dialog boxes? When you say incomplete, you mean like the lower bottom of the dialog box gets cut off? ...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Using the XCode tools on Mac OSX to compile tcl/tk 8.5.5 C application ...
I've compiled and linked 8.5.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 using the Xcode tools as provided by the OS, and that all went just fine and dandy. I can bring up the tclsh8.5, and puts $tcl_patchLevel tells me that I've arrived, likewise with wish8.5 reporting a tcl_patchLevel of 8.5.5 as well, and it works OK. My problem is linking a trivial C application which creates a single ttk::button which links and runs just fine on FreeBSD (various), and Linux (32 bit and 64 bit), as well as Windows. I cannot for the life of me find either the libtk8.5.dylib or libtk8.5.a file on that platform, and so I cannot figure out how to link my application. In looking through the config.log file, I see somewhere the TK_LIB is set to -lTk, rather than -ltk8.5. Using that, I actually link my application, and get a runnable executable, which immediately dies when it attempts to start Tk up, and I'm thinking that I might have linked with the wrong library (bad memory access) 8-{. In general, one might figure that the library would be located within the tree which is defined by --prefix on the configure script. I've let it default, and I've specified it as well, but thus far, the libtk8.5.so beastie has eluded me. You've probably figured by now I'm a relative newbie to Mac development, but once I get through this hurdle, I expect that the combination of C and tcl/tk will make it appear as though I know what I'm doing (heh heh). The stack dump from gdb is: tst:~/sw/Ne...

How to use Tcl for c code testing using VxWorks
This is Harika. I would like to know how to use tcl in c for testing, in VxWorks operating system. If possible give me example. I have written for unit level testing but iam getting error saying that interep is not found. But i have to do for automation absolutely. Let me know does Expect is necessary for automation. I didn't get Explore Expect book in chennai.I would be so thank full if any one do favour for me. Awaiting for the reply, Thanking you. In article <1176120872.799611.271860@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Harika <harika.it@gmail.com> wrote: >This is Harika. I would like to know how to use tcl in c for testing, >in VxWorks operating system. If possible give me example. I have >written for unit level testing but iam getting error saying that >interep is not found. But i have to do for automation absolutely. Let >me know does Expect is necessary for automation. I didn't get Explore >Expect book in chennai.I would be so thank full if any one do favour >for me. . . . Tcl is quite handy for testing <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/testing >. While Expect is widely used in testing, and has been very successful in that role, it is not necessary, as the URL above will explain. For unit testing of the sort you seem to be targetting, SWIG <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/swig > might be helpful. ...

Writing new tcl command using c or c++?
Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell using c or c++ code. Himanshu Gupta <himanshulkce@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell > using c or c++ code. Start here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/9849 and here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/21007, read these and then follow and read the links to the other pages from the above two. On Monday, 5 January 2015 14:12:44 UTC+5:30, Himanshu Gupta wrote: > Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell using c or c++ code. Thankyou... On M...

Tcl/Tk use
Hi, I have a quick question concerning the way of using wish and tclsh on different platform. I use both a windows (ActiveState) and Linux installation of Tcl/Tk. On my windows platform, I experienced a really cool and useful thing that I want to to reproduce on Linux servers. In a wish console, once you have "sourced" your tcl files, you can use auto completion to proc, variables etc... My question is then is there any way to do this on a Linux installation of Tcl/Tk? and how to do this? Many thanks in advance, Jeannot Jeannot wrote: > Hi, > I have a quick question concerning the way of using wish and tclsh on > different platform. I use both a windows (ActiveState) and Linux > installation of Tcl/Tk. On my windows platform, I experienced a really > cool and useful thing that I want to to reproduce on Linux servers. In > a wish console, once you have "sourced" your tcl files, you can use > auto completion to proc, variables etc... > My question is then is there any way to do this on a Linux installation > of Tcl/Tk? and how to do this? run "tkcon.tcl". Its part of Activestate, or download it from the internet. Christian On 24 Jan., 11:32, "Jeannot" <jean.mul...@igbmc.u-strasbg.fr> wrote: > Hi, > I have a quick question concerning the way of using wish and tclsh on > different platform. I use both a windows (ActiveState) and Linux > installation of Tcl/Tk. On my windows platform, I...

Tcl/Tk from C
I want to write applications in C and create graphics/widgets/etc using Tcl/Tk library. I have no interest in programming Tcl/Tk except what is essential. Is there anywhere just one complete example of a C program that creates, say, a window containing a widget then obtaining input from that? Then I can work from that. At present I have an example that only creates an empty window, plus a huge amount of docs that tell me everything except how it all fits together. Thanks, Bart Bart C wrote: [...] If using C++ for your application isn't problem, then C++/Tk seems to be best choice: http://cpptk.sourceforge.net/ Else... I've no idea :) -- Pozdrawiam (Greetings)! Googie ...

What are you using tcl/tk for?
It's been more than a year since I last used tcl/tk and I just like to find out if people are still using it for serious small/medium/ large projects. I am now trying to create a tcom based application using Logix mCore to manage SMS and STK on GSM modems. You poor innocent soul Have you noticed that T refers to *T*ool Command Language arlie wrote: > It's been more than a year since I last used tcl/tk and I just like > to find out if people are still using it for serious small/medium/ > large projects. > > I am now trying to create a tcom based application using Logix mCore > to manage SMS and STK on GSM modems. In article <aaf1727c-00b1-407d-b0b0-a86ff53865cc@p23g2000prp.googlegroups.com>, arlie <arlie.c@gmail.com> wrote: >It's been more than a year since I last used tcl/tk and I just like >to find out if people are still using it for serious small/medium/ >large projects. > >I am now trying to create a tcom based application using Logix mCore >to manage SMS and STK on GSM modems. Yes, people use Tcl to achieve current results. tcom, in particular, is part of the installation of hardware testers, certain military vehicles, retail-grade applications, .... On Feb 7, 1:24=A0am, arlie <arli...@gmail.com> wrote: > It's been more than a year since I last used tcl/tk and I just like > to =A0find out if people are still using it for serious small/medium/ > large projects. > > I a...

Tcl/TK and C
Hi all, I've previously attempted to write a game-type application that consists mostly of a bunch of pieces the user can move with a mouse. I should mention here that I'm from a hardware background, and not super experienced with PC applications. My first attempt was purely in C++, using MFC with Visual Studio. I managed to make something somewhat functional, but in the end the complexity of the whole thing got the better of me, and I grew bored with the project. Recently, I've picked up Tcl/Tk, and it seems that the whole Tk toolkit is an excellent way to reduce the complexity I was running into (the canvas widget automates everything I struggled for weeks to figure out). On the downside, I still want some of the extra power of C/C++, especially pointers and more complicated data structures. I'm vaguely familiar with the process of extending Tcl/Tk by writing a function in C, and calling it from Tcl. What I'd like is to be able to use Tk only as a GUI, and retain all the data structures and computations behind the scenes in C. Is there a way to hold all your data in C structures, and share that data with the Tk GUI? One thing I had from Visual Studio was a project using the Document/View architecture. If I could implement the View in Tk, but keep the Document in C, I think I'd be on track. I know this is a very broad and somewhat vague question (reflecting my level of experience). If anyone can point me in the right direction, eit...

Using TCL with C#
I am trying to call TCL from my C# application and found some useful help on the Wiki website http://wiki.tcl.tk/9563 (as shown below). using System.Runtime.InteropServices; using System; namespace TclWrap { public class TclAPI { [DllImport("tcl84.DLL")] public static extern IntPtr Tcl_CreateInterp(); [DllImport("tcl84.Dll")] public static extern int Tcl_Eval(IntPtr interp,string skript); [DllImport("tcl84.Dll")] public static extern IntPtr Tcl_GetObjResult(IntPtr interp); [DllImport("tcl84.Dll")] public static extern string T...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Tcl Book that explains tcl C API?
Hi! I am looking for material that explains the tcl C API in order to: - Embed Tcl into a C application. - Extend Tcl to add new commands in C. Does Tcl and Tk Toolkit (2nd Edition) by Ken Jones and John Ousterhout do a good job explain these topics in depth? Thanks! Asif wrote: > Hi! > > I am looking for material that explains the tcl C API in order to: > > - Embed Tcl into a C application. > - Extend Tcl to add new commands in C. > > Does Tcl and Tk Toolkit (2nd Edition) by Ken Jones and John Ousterhout do > a good job explain these topics in depth? > > Thanks! can help you cheap:; http://freecomputerbooks.com/langTclBooks.html -- -- -- What's on Shortwave guide: choose an hour, go! http://shortwave.tk 700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk 300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk marc wrote: > Asif wrote: > >> Hi! >> >> I am looking for material that explains the tcl C API in order to: >> >> - Embed Tcl into a C application. >> - Extend Tcl to add new commands in C. >> >> Does Tcl and Tk Toolkit (2nd Edition) by Ken Jones and John Ousterhout do >> a good job explain these topics in depth? >> >> Thanks! > > > can help you cheap:; > http://freecomputerbooks.com/langTclBooks.html Would you really trust a site which *PRESUMES* the whole world uses their preferred settings and the heck with the visually imperfect. The resu...

Web resources about - Use TCL/TK to directly display c-generated jpg? - comp.lang.tcl

Cluster - eoPortal Directory - Satellite Missions
Cluster (Four Spacecraft Constellation in Concert with SOHO) Cluster is a collaborative ESA/NASA multi-spacecraft mission within ESA's `Solar ...