Using "frame -container" and "-use" on Aqua

Hello Tclers,

When using Tk 8.5.8 on Aqua, it is not possible to use "-use" to embed a
window in a container frame that belongs to another process.  X11 does not
have this limitation.  Is this a missing feature in Tk, or is it a
limitation of Aqua or the Carbon framework?

Keith.

0
Keith

On 5/20/10 7:00 AM, Keith Nash wrote:
> Hello Tclers,
>
> When using Tk 8.5.8 on Aqua, it is not possible to use "-use" to embed a
> window in a container frame that belongs to another process.  X11 does not
> have this limitation.  Is this a missing feature in Tk, or is it a
> limitation of Aqua or the Carbon framework?
>
> Keith.

I believe what you're looking to do is specific to X11--I know this
isn't supported on the Mac and I don't believe it's supported on Windows
either.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer