Using "Open with" in windows to process a file with a tcl/tk scripts?

I have the following problem in windows 2000.

I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like
to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use
"open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as argument.

When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a
valid win32 application.

Any ideas of how to do this?

Thanks in advance

0
sencion (26)

   Hello,

   You should enter something similar to:

c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"

   Regards,
--
Ramon Rib�
http://gatxan.cimne.upc.es/ramsan

"Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion" <sencion@alcatel.es> escribi� en el
mensaje news:1074693766.891577@slbhw0...
> I have the following problem in windows 2000.
>
> I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like
> to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use
> "open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as
argument.

> When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a
> valid win32 application.
>
> Any ideas of how to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
ramsan1 (91)
1/21/2004 2:27:35 PM
Hello

I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file
type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a
new action.

What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option
"open with" in the file manager, and  search and select the tcl script
which process the XML. But when I do this I get the error telling me
that the xml file is not a win32 application.

Ramon Rib� wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    You should enter something similar to:
>
> c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"
>
>    Regards,

0
sencion (26)
1/22/2004 9:57:48 AM
Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion wrote:

> Hello
>
> I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file
> type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a
> new action.
>
> What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option
> "open with" in the file manager, and  search and select the tcl script
> which process the XML. But when I do this I get the error telling me
> that the xml file is not a win32 application.
>
> Ramon Rib� wrote:
> >    Hello,
> >
> >    You should enter something similar to:
> >
> > c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"
> >
> >    Regards,

Could you show us the actual command that should be executed then
(or the way you register it)?

Maybe that can help us to sort out the cause.

Regards,

Arjen
0
arjen.markus (2628)
1/22/2004 11:52:15 AM
Hello

Just found the problem! I was not registering properly the command in
the windows registry. Do not have to much experience with the windows
registry...

Thanks for all

Arjen Markus wrote:
> Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file
>>type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a
>>new action.
>>
>>What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option
>>"open with" in the file manager, and  search and select the tcl script
>>which process the XML. But when I do this I get the error telling me
>>that the xml file is not a win32 application.
>>
>>Ramon Rib� wrote:
>>
>>>   Hello,
>>>
>>>   You should enter something similar to:
>>>
>>>c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"
>>>
>>>   Regards,
>

> Could you show us the actual command that should be executed then
> (or the way you register it)?
>
> Maybe that can help us to sort out the cause.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen

0
sencion (26)

Using "source" vs "package require" for Tcl application files
I would like to divide my Tcl application into separate files. Should I generally use "source" to combine the files, or should I use the package mechanism (package provide, package require, etc.)? What is the generally accepted practice? Thanks, Gregg On 30 dec, 01:04, GB <g...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > I would like to divide my Tcl application into separate files. Should I > generally use "source" to combine the files, or should I use the package > mechanism (package provide, package require, etc.)? > > What is the generally accepted practice? > > Thanks, > > Gregg IMHO use [source]. My reasoning: - The package mechanism is meant for getting access to general-purpose libraries, installed directly under the Tcl installation. - You talk of source files for your own application. So I would expect these files to reside in a directory containing that application. Then [source] is easier to use - and you guarantee that you get the source files from your application (otherwise a random package with the same name from the installation could interfer, if you are not careful with the library path) - Using [source] also makes it clear that these files are meant for your application only, not for more general purposes. Regards, Arjen Arjen Markus wrote: > On 30 dec, 01:04, GB <g...@invalid.invalid> wrote: >> I would like to divide my Tcl application into separate files. Should I >> gen...

ANN:Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script
Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.2) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4,8.5: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.18 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.2) 1 Added a "Customizing key bingings" item to Tools_Menu. 2 Added several bindings for Mac OS X. Command-a -> Select all Command-c -> Copy Command-e -> Use Selection for Find Command-f -> Find Command-g -> Find Next Command-i -> Insert-mode or Over_write-mode Toggle switch Command-n -> New Buffer Command-s -> Save Shift-Command-s -> Save As Command-v -> Paste Command-w -> Close current buffer Command-x -> Cut Command-z -> Undo Shift-Command-z -> Redo Command-? -> Help Command-+ -> Increase Font Size Command-- -> Decrease Font Size 3 Added a "append mode" checkbutton to the bottom Menu line. When the checkbutton is ON, the selected file is appended to the end of current buffer. 4 Added a "Unpack append_mode_CheckButton"_CheckButton to View_Menu. 5 Added a "Select a Menubar background color" command to View_Menu. (UNIX,WINDOWS) 6 Added "Edit" Menu.install.txt "Undo" "Redo" -------------------- "Cut" "Copy" "Paste" "Select All" *Overview ...

Open File as "child" in "parent" window #2
Hello - Working in VB6.0 I am attempting to open a file with its default application in a MDI. In other words, I am trying to develop a "parent" window which holds all of the "child" windows of my application. Currently I am using the openfile dialog to retrieve a filename and then I am trying to open the selected file in its default application (e.g., .doc with Word and .pdf with Adobe), where the default application opens within my parent window. Is this possible? And, if it is, how do I accomplish this? I can get a chosen file to open with the default a...

How to do PHP "require()" or TCL "source" in bash script
I'm sorry but I can't figure out how to explain this any better than this. In PHP we have a command "require()" that obtains a file and logically places it into another file. I cannot figure out how to do this in bash script as the requirement is necessary for a migration script to obtain the code from a .cfg file and then be able for the "parent" script to run the code it "imported" from the .cfg file, much like PHP's require() or TCL's "source". This is what I have so far and it fails: if [ -f ivc.cfg ]; then cat ivc.cfg fi Anyone...

Looking for binary "expect" and "TCL/Tk" (if required) for OpenServer6
Does anybody know where to find "expect" (and related requirements) for OpenServer6? I can download the source files from nist.gov, but they do not compile. The MAN pages are already loaded on the system, so I suspect the programs would be on the distribution media somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick On 9 Feb, 17:57, Rick_Hoyle <motosl...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anybody know where to find "expect" (and related requirements) > for OpenServer6? I can download the source files from nist.gov, but > they do not compile. The MAN pages are al...

'echo "": No such file or directory" error using "exec" to pipe in PHP script
[TCL] set php {<? print_r("Hello World"); ?>} puts $php; # PRINTS OUT <? print_r("Hello World"); ?> puts [exec "echo '$php' | php -q"] [/TCL] When I try this within TCL I get the following error: [quote] echo "": No such file or directory [/quote] I am unable to be able to use the CLI PHP "php -r" option due to my PHP installations on various servers being CGI and not CLI SAPI, else, I would just do that, so I'm trying an alternative that is choking TCL. I am using a very simple example within the TCL $php variabl...

How to open a pty from Tcl (or "please translate C example to Tcl")
Hello out there, still struggling with getting TCP/IP to work in my somewhat bizarre setup (TCP/IP over 10.000 Volt power-line modems) I got a hint to try to use a pseudo tty. I got the advice --- What you would do is write a small C program (or perl, or any of a number of other languages). This program would call the "openpty" function, which: - Locates the next available (unused) pseudo-TTY device in the system, - Opens both ends of it, into two different descriptors, - Returns the file-descriptor numbers for the two ends (the "slave" end which mimics a tty, and the master end that your program will be using as the intercept point), and the filename of the slave (e.g. "/dev/ptya0"). --- Q1: Any way I could accomplish this from Tcl? Well, knowing nothing about openpty and pseude ttys I hunted around and found the following code snippet: --- /* * Allocate pseudo tty, returns master side fd. * Stores slave name in the first arg(must be large enough). */ int pty_open(char *sl_name) { int mr_fd; char ptyname[] = "/dev/ptyXY"; char ch[] = "pqrstuvwxyz"; char digit[] = "0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv"; int l, m; /* This algorithm should work for almost all standard Unices */ for(l=0; ch[l]; l++ ) { for(m=0; digit[m]; m++ ) { ptyname[8] = ch[l]; ptyname[9] = digit[m]; /* Open the master */ if( (mr_fd=open(ptyname, O_RDWR)) < 0 ) continue...

"open with" tcl
hi, i just joined here today. have been reading and learning tcl/tk to help convert my VB6/MSwindows programs to tcl/tk on gnu/linux (debian , gnome). i have a tcl script that includes a text widget and menu and i can load, edit, save text files via the menu. but i would also like to start the tcl script and load a text file directly from the gnome file browser utility, using the "open with .... " option on the right mouse button. when i do "open with ...." and select the tcl script, the script starts up but the selected file does not load into the text widget. i understand that i'm missing a piece of the technology here, and any guidance would be appreciated. regards daveleo daveleo wrote: > hi, i just joined here today. > have been reading and learning tcl/tk to help convert my VB6/MSwindows > programs to tcl/tk on gnu/linux (debian , gnome). > > i have a tcl script that includes a text widget and menu and i can > load, edit, save text files via the menu. > but i would also like to start the tcl script and load a text file > directly from the gnome file browser utility, using the "open with .... > " option on the right mouse button. > > when i do "open with ...." and select the tcl script, the script > starts up but the selected file does not load into the text widget. You're going to have to figure out how Gnome is passing that information to your script. You could write a s...

"Tcl/Tk is a fringe language only used by cults"
While estimating a new project a few weeks ago I stated that my estimates were based on using Tcl/Tk, because the proposed project was very similar to others that we have done using Tcl/Tk. But the system architect informed me that "Tcl/Tk is a fringe language only used by cults" and that the new project would be done in C/C++. So now I'm exploring the wonders of MS Visual C/C++ for the first time; the only such IDE I've used previously is Sun Workshop. I have successfully compiled a DLL, but of course I need to *test* it, and... hmm... somehow it just happens to contain hooks so it's loadable and callable from Tcl. Gosh, how'd those get in there? Come to think of it, "c.l.t" does *look* an awful lot like "cult"! And one of the finest and friendliest cults on usenet it is, too. Sl�inte! Well at least he showed you his intelligence level up front... :-) Robert John Seal wrote: > architect informed me that "Tcl/Tk is a fringe language only used by > cults" and that the new project would be done in C/C++. So now I'm Bah, the world is full of silly ideas. Come and visit me sometime and I'll share them with you over a glass of koolaid. :D -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos John Seal wrote: > "Tcl/Tk is a fringe language only used by > cults" I agree. Tcl/Tk is a cult that has less members than cults like C/C++ YekSo...

How to "Interface TCL scripts with matlab" in windows environment
Hi all, I want to interface tcl commands with matlab in windows environment I will give inputs to "matlab models" through TCL scripts and the output of the "matlab model" will be gathered by some other "TCL script". How to do it?? Please give some good links explaining how we can interface tcl with matlab. Thanks in Advance, RAGHU http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/other/tmath/tmath0.2/README.html -- leunissen@ nl | Merge the left part of these two lines into one, e. hccnet. | respecting a character's position in a line. On 13 Oct, 12:03, RAGHU <ragh...@gmail.com> wrote: i I do it by enabling the server on matlab and connecting to it with TCOM. The versions of Matlab may be mportatn here though, I'm using 2007b! Derek > Hi all, > > I want to interface tcl commands with matlab in windows environment > > I will give inputs to "matlab models" through TCL scripts and the > output of the "matlab model" will be gathered by some other "TCL > script". > > How to do it?? > > Please give some good links explaining how we can interface tcl with > matlab. > > Thanks in Advance, > RAGHU ...

[Tcl] file copy does not "touch" file. Why?
In a situation, when both source and destination files exist, file copy (with -force of course) does not update the last modification time of the destination file. This "feature" has a strong impact on cooperation with 'make'. Is that really intended? I have to do 'touch' externally to make it correct. The external "cp" command on unix does touch the destination file. -- // _ ___ Michal "Sektor" Malecki <sektor(whirl)kis.p.lodz.pl> \\ L_ |/ `| /^\ ,() <ethourhs(O)gmail.com> // \_ |\ \/ \_/ /\ C++ bez cholesterolu: http://www.intercon.pl/~sektor/cbx "I am allergic to Java because programming in Java reminds me casting spells" Sektor van Skijlen wrote: > In a situation, when both source and destination files exist, file copy (with > -force of course) does not update the last modification time of the > destination file. This "feature" has a strong impact on cooperation with > 'make'. It's that way because it makes it easier to do archival backups. If you want the mtime of the destination to be *now*, try this: proc creatingFileCopy {source destination} { file copy $source $destination file mtime $destination [clock seconds] } You might argue that there should be an option to tell [file copy] to not copy the metadata. I'd probably not argue the matter, but currently the metadata copy is done, since it's part of pr...

"no such file or directory" when executing tcl file
Hi, new to TCL and hitting a road bump right out the gate. I just installed ActiveTcl 8.5 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I made the following script and saved it as test.tcl: #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh puts stdout {Hello, Patrick!} When in the TCL command prompt, I type test.tcl and it gives me the error "couldn't execute ".\test.tcl": no such file or directory". I am in the correct directory so I'm pretty lost as to why it is saying this. Here are my exact steps: <open command prompt> H:\workspaces\tcl>tclsh85 % dir Volume in drive H is Data Volume Serial Number is 828C-6076 Directory of H:\workspaces\tcl 01/12/2009 05:23 PM <DIR> . 01/12/2009 05:23 PM <DIR> .. 01/12/2009 05:37 PM 31 test.tcl 1 File(s) 31 bytes 2 Dir(s) 41,173,749,760 bytes free % test.tcl couldn't execute ".\test.tcl": no such file or directory If someone could help fill in the blanks here, I'd appreciate it. Apparently I'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks, Patrick On Jan 13, 12:43=A0am, "Patrick H." <patri...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, new to TCL and hitting a road bump right out the gate. I just > installed ActiveTcl 8.5 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I made the > following script and saved it as test.tcl: > > #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh > puts stdout {Hello, Patrick!} > > When in the TCL command prompt, I type...

problem with "file executable" on windows, tcl 8.5.2
ActiveState TCL 8.5.2, Windows XP SP2 'file executable' always returns 0, even on .exe and .bat when asked for a file on a network share: % info patchlevel 8.5.2 % set file L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe % file exists $file 1 % file readable $file 1 % file executable $file 0 % file executable {L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/simenu.bat} 0 However, when copying the files to local disk, the files are qualified as executable: % cp L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/simenu.bat d:/temp % file executable d:/temp/simenu.bat 1 % cp L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe d:/temp % file executable d:/temp/gen.exe 1 Also: % set argv0 D:/Programme/tcl/bin/tclsh85.exe % file executable $argv0 1 The L:/ Network Share is an Samba share mounted from a linux box. Are there any special requirements for the smb options? Thanks R' Ralf Fassel said on 24/04/2008 21:21: > ActiveState TCL 8.5.2, Windows XP SP2 > > 'file executable' always returns 0, even on .exe and .bat when asked > for a file on a network share: > The L:/ Network Share is an Samba share mounted from a linux box. I have opened a similar report some time ago for file readable on a Samba share. Still open. See: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1613456&group_id=10894&...

"Tcl/Tk 8.5 tutorial"
All the documentation at http://tcl.tk/man/ is available as *html.tar.gz except "Tcl/Tk 8.5 tutorial". Is there a reason or just an accident of history. I have ActiveTcl installed and its associated ActiveTclHelp8.6.chm . This trifocal wearing senior citizen finds it impossible to read comfortably. I prefer HTML as I have my browser configured for legibility. I wish to have the tutorial available on my machine. >=20 > I have ActiveTcl installed and its associated=20 > ActiveTclHelp8.6.chm . This trifocal wearing senior citizen finds=20 > it impossible to read comfortably. I prefer HTML as I have my=20 > browser configured for legibility. I wish to have the tutorial=20 > available on my machine. A solution is to put the pages on your PC using httrack : http://www.httrac= k.com/page/1/en/index.html. After installation and having given a "project = name" and the path of a directory of your choice ( ex : xyz ) just then po= int the address to http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/tcltutorial.html . Lau= nch it . At the end, it will last a few minutes, you will see a file "index= ..html" in "xyz" directory . And... just doubleclick and here you are... It is web copier that you can use for a set of pages. The default settings = are such that you will download the necessary pages, not all the website, w= hich is not legal I think.=20 Olivier. On 3/11/2016 9:18 AM, Olivier wrote: >>...

For people Who use AndroWish: "adb logcat" frontend written in Tcl/Tk
Just for those who don't know what is "adb logcat", it is the Android device system log. Download the Android SDK prior to using the script I am sharing with you here. Please read the Readme file to know how to set it up. https://www.dropbox.com/s/v81fgm949zp9ye5/adb_script.tar.gz ...

make "File name" default when searching in an "open file" dialogue ?
With Snow Leopard, I have noticed that if, in a file selection dialogue, I want to use the search feature, as I start typing in the search box, the dialogue changes to a search dialogue with a default set to "contents". Anyone know if there is a way to have it default to "File name" ? I find it annoying to have to switch from typing, move mouse to click on the "file name" button, then click back into the input field to finish the seach term. I know this isn't a major issue, but if there were a way to get it to use "file name" by default...

problem on startup: File error: "Cannot open load file", "xfonts"
Hi everybody I just installed the newest emacs testing as emacs package. after starting it with emacs --debug-init I get the error Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "xfonts") require(xfonts) byte-code("��!������@��!��!A��B\"� B��B\"�@��B\"A@*�A�B��!�C���\"��!�FBF��!���\"��!��!I�VH�V��!��!�K%N�!!R�#\"\"\"\"\"S\"!!�\"!!\"!\" �=��Q �=����# �=��Q��\n� � !� ! �\f!\f�\f \"��\f #� a.s.o. The require(xfonts) is in the .gnu-e...

tcl/tk on Windows: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" on quit
I have an application that uses Tk and runs on various platforms. On Windows 2000 (I don't know about XP) when the user quits (which calls quit on the root toplevel), it always exits with the following error dialog: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application"s support team for more information. Any idea how to prevent this? A google search shows that others have had this problem, but I didn't see any resolution. -- Russell P.S. The application need not be doing anything much at the time, though it does use "after" to run some background tasks. Russell E. Owen wrote: > I have an application that uses Tk and runs on various platforms. On > Windows 2000 (I don't know about XP) when the user quits (which calls > quit on the root toplevel), it always exits with the following error > dialog: > > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual > way. > Please contact the application"s support team for more information. I assume you mean calling the 'exit' command. Otherwise please show us the proc 'quit' that you've written. In article <1141868998.793262.235610@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>, "slebetman@yahoo.com" <slebetman@gmail.com> wrote: > Russell E. Owen wrote: > > I have an application that uses Tk and runs on various platforms. On > > Windows 2000 (I don't...

"Sayonara Tcl/Tk"
It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 Στις 29/4/2013 11:49, ο/η saxo3800@gmail.com έγραψε: > It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. > > http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 > I think that he has a point regarding threads. George On Apr 29, 11:02=C2=A0am, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> wrote: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 29/4/2013 11:49, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 saxo3...@gmail.co= m =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > > > It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. > > >http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=3D16&t=3D333 > > I think that he has a point regarding threads. Sure. Though I'm curious to know what specific problem of his is so much better served by explicit locks and shared vars than by message passing, given the context. It's not as if he was worried by lost nanoseconds in mutex contention. -Alex Στις 29/4/2013 20:07, ο/η Alexandre Ferrieux έγραψε: > On Apr 29, 11:02 am, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> > wrote: >> Στις 29/4/2013 11:49, ο/η saxo3...@gmail.com έγραψε: >> >>> It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. >> >>> http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 >> >> I think that he has a point regarding threads. > > Sure. Though I'...

Are Tcl and Tk "inseparable"?
Hi, I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order to get nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a new language (Ruby) is already time consuming enough. Do I have to learn also Tcl in order to use Tk? Can't I use Tk alone? (Umm, well, not so alone, together with Ruby, I mean) Thanks in advance. Surgeon schrieb: > Hi, > > I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order to get > nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a new language (Ruby) is > already time consuming enough. Do I have to learn also Tcl in order to > use Tk? Can't I use Tk alone? (Umm, well, not so alone, together with > Ruby, I mean) The Perl community ripped Tcl from their PerlTk package, but it was just slower, less up to date and more memory hungry. So in principle one could separate Tk from Tcl, but its not worth it. But your question goes in a different direction: The Ruby/Tk binding wraps Tk into a set of Ruby Objects, so you are using Ruby when you create Ruby/Tk programs. So you do not need to learn Tcl to be able to use RubyTk, but it could help in translating advanced Tk examples found on the Tcl'ers wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk). But you have to learn the options and functions of your libraries, as you have to do for any other package. Michael Surgeon <biyokuantum@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order > to get nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a ...

Using "gotoxy" in TCL..!
Hi, I need a help in positioning cursor at a some location on the screen, similar to using a "gotoxy" in C. I want to move the cursor, in CLI screen not in a graphics mode. Please help me, if there is any way to do that. Thanks in advance, Regards, Kumar Kumar wrote: > Hi, > > I need a help in positioning cursor at a some location on the > screen, similar to using a "gotoxy" in C. I want to move the cursor, > in CLI screen not in a graphics mode. Please help me, if there is any > way to do that. > > Thanks in advance, > > Regards, > Kumar Use this Tcl library: http://tclterm.sourceforge.net/ Look at: term move row column -- Pozdrawiam! (Regards!) Googie ...

"file in use by another process" error after process has terminated
I'm running a process with stdout redirected into a file, and after waiting for it to terminate (WaitForSingleObject on the process handle), I read the file. This usually works, but once in a while, opening the file fails with EPIPE, "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". If I comment out the WaitForSingleObject, it always fails with this error. It doesn't happen often enough for me to be able to be sure that a fix has worked. Also, it never happens (at least not after 1000 tries) on the development machine, and I'd ...

fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the file in cache memory. All references to it affect the cached file. You ...

Web resources about - Using "Open with" in windows to process a file with a tcl/tk scripts? - comp.lang.tcl