Using Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 from C/C++

Hi,

I just discovered Tcl/Tk and fairly excited about it :)

I'm interested in using both Tcl/Tk on one c++ project and only Tk on
another c++ project.

1.  C++ Tk only project:

I'm interested in using Tk within my c/c++ project.  The project only
has 5-6 dialogs using just the standard widgets.  Is it fairly common to
use Tk directly from c/c++--and is it fairly easy?

2.  C++ Tcl/Tk only project:

I'm interested in using both Tcl and Tk from within a c/c++ application.
  Is maketclapp the best way to go or are there better ways?  Maketclapp
doesn't seem to have been updated in a while...but the security features
(hiding tcl source) is compelling for this particular project.

Thanks.
0
nospam5705 (26)

FAQ (unanswered): possible to use Tk without Tcl (in c/c++)
Googling turned up dozens of questions about using tk without tcl. But there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Is it possible to use Tk without Tcl? Specifically, I'd like to use Tk from c/c++ without using Tcl. More specifically, I'd like to statically link in the Tk library and use it directly from c/c++. H. Simpson wrote: > Googling turned up dozens of questions about using tk without tcl. But > there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. > > Is it possible to use Tk without Tcl? > > Specifically, I'd like to use Tk from c/c++ without using Tcl. More > specifically, I'd like to statically link in the Tk library and use it > directly from c/c++. The Perl/Tk people did it. The Python/Tkinter people took the other route of embedding a Tcl interpreter along with it. It is possible, but its wasting a lot of Tk's capabilities, that come from the Tcl language. A second problem is the Tk C-Api. Do you have any special reasons to use Tk without Tcl? Michael Michael Schlenker wrote: > H. Simpson wrote: > >> Googling turned up dozens of questions about using tk without tcl. >> But there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. >> >> Is it possible to use Tk without Tcl? >> >> Specifically, I'd like to use Tk from c/c++ without using Tcl. More >> specifically, I'd like to statically link in the Tk library and use it >> directly from c/c++. >...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

TCL/TCL combined with Java/C/C++, Any Recommendations?
Hi, I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to merge with TCL in an application. For C I know that I can compile and generate a .so or .dll and create a TCL package and load it. I believe this is done with SWIG but I have not done it. In Java I saw some info on Jacl and TclBlend. The application will be "compiled" into a TCL "executable". I know I can compile my TCL code into Byte code to protect the IP. I am not sure about Java. Any recommendations or pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Frank Frank <kranfg@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. > > The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. > > Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. > > I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to ...

Tcl to C or C++
Hi all, does anyone know some tool (free or not) capable to translate Tcl source code to C or C++? Of course I believe to translate only a subset of Tcl language (1), while statements like this: #...some code that algorithmically generate the string a, where a is # almost-arbitrary code eval $a cannot be translated at all, except with somewhat complex solutions! Thank you (1) I'm thinking to traslate Tcl source code written using a subset of Tcl keywords and by following some coding rules; for example I'd avoid this: #...some code that calculates a and b set $a$b 0 Stefano Chiappa Dear Stefano, Is there a reason for wanting this convertion? As I have tried to do such a project in the past, it turned out that the resulting C code was much more slower & memory wasting than the corrsponing tcl code, so I gave up :-) So, for such a tool a severe investment on optimisations has to be made, in order for the generated C code to be of use. I remember that there was at least one such commercial compiler in the past, but I don't know if it is still active. See for example: http://groups.google.com.gr/groups?q=aotto+compiler&hl=el&lr=&group=comp.lang.tcl.*&selm=pgpmoose.200101222138.11399%40non.non.net&rnum=1 I remember that I had tested the compiler and indeed it gave some speedup over the tclc code. However, I believe the speedup was due to the heavy optimisation that was done by the author, and not from the fact that it was converted i...

Using the XCode tools on Mac OSX to compile tcl/tk 8.5.5 C application ...
I've compiled and linked 8.5.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 using the Xcode tools as provided by the OS, and that all went just fine and dandy. I can bring up the tclsh8.5, and puts $tcl_patchLevel tells me that I've arrived, likewise with wish8.5 reporting a tcl_patchLevel of 8.5.5 as well, and it works OK. My problem is linking a trivial C application which creates a single ttk::button which links and runs just fine on FreeBSD (various), and Linux (32 bit and 64 bit), as well as Windows. I cannot for the life of me find either the libtk8.5.dylib or libtk8.5.a file on that platform, and so I cannot figure out how to link my application. In looking through the config.log file, I see somewhere the TK_LIB is set to -lTk, rather than -ltk8.5. Using that, I actually link my application, and get a runnable executable, which immediately dies when it attempts to start Tk up, and I'm thinking that I might have linked with the wrong library (bad memory access) 8-{. In general, one might figure that the library would be located within the tree which is defined by --prefix on the configure script. I've let it default, and I've specified it as well, but thus far, the libtk8.5.so beastie has eluded me. You've probably figured by now I'm a relative newbie to Mac development, but once I get through this hurdle, I expect that the combination of C and tcl/tk will make it appear as though I know what I'm doing (heh heh). The stack dump from gdb is: tst:~/sw/Ne...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

following tcl command execution from C/C++ code to tcl in gdb
Hi, We have a C/C++ huge application that makes heavy use of tcl C bindings. We frequently have very long stack traces from within gdb/dbx that look like this: #7 0x0d0aac7d in TclObjInterpProc (clientData=0x12857160, interp=0x10924df8, objc=6, objv=0x15138a40) at ../generic/tclProc.c:1146 #8 0x0d043dc6 in TclEvalObjvInternal (interp=0x10924df8, objc=6, objv=0x15138a40, command=0xe0c1382 "", length=0, flags=262144) at ../generic/tclBasic.c:3087 #9 0x0d044045 in Tcl_EvalObjv (interp=0x10924df8, objc=6, objv=0x15138a40, flags=262144) at ../generic/tclBasic.c:3203 This is just a very small part of what can be a very long stack trace. Now by poking around I can see that in gdb I can print *objv[0] to see the first word of a command but this is painful. What we really want is a way to see what Tcl commands are being executed either while the program is running or easily from the stack trace. Can you run gdb as well as a Tcl debugger at the same time? Seems unlikely. How are people systematically tracing the execution of Tcl commands that are called from C/++ bindings? Thanks. foobarbaz99@hotmail.com wrote: > How are people systematically tracing the execution of Tcl commands > that are called from C/++ bindings? Are you familiar with Tcl_CreateObjTrace() ? Does it accomplish what you need? -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://mat...

In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?
In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, such as, exit. I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got nothing feedback. How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Thanx! vian1381@china.com.cn wrote: > In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control > all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, > such as, exit. > > I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, > I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got > nothing feedback. Your questions are hard to understand, but they suggest that you believe that setting a custom stdin channel will do some magic to establsh a prompt/read/eval loop. That is not the case. > How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Start with something that works, like the source code for tclsh, and adapt to your needs. Or post a followup and include more code examples to explain what you're doing and how it doesn't do what you expect. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |_____________________________________...

Writing new tcl command using c or c++?
Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell using c or c++ code. Himanshu Gupta <himanshulkce@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell > using c or c++ code. Start here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/9849 and here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/21007, read these and then follow and read the links to the other pages from the above two. On Monday, 5 January 2015 14:12:44 UTC+5:30, Himanshu Gupta wrote: > Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell using c or c++ code. Thankyou... On M...

Wrap tcl/tk script with a C/C++ dll for windows
My company has a software tool that consists of a command-line driven shell that can load extension .dll files. I'd like to add a tk gui to my extension dll file. I am currently looking into freewrap: http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/ and mktclapp: www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/mktclapp.html But I figured I might get more experienced information (and possibly quicker answers) here. Example of use (in the windows command line box): C:\MasterShell>mastershell MasterShell V 3.14159 > load newtkgui (at this point it loads newtkgui.dll) > Either the gui takes over completely (probably easier), or the shell or the gui can both enter commands. The main point is, I don't want to recast mastershell as a slave to a tk gui (using expect, for instance), although that's a possibility. I've been doing some experiments with it and I keep getting socket disconnects when I run wish or tclsh from the "mastershell" though that's probably a mastershell problem. Thanks, Rufus In article <1102002088.XDKV9OF4B2AClpOoX63anw@teranews>, Rufus V. Smith <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >My company has a software tool that consists of a command-line driven shell >that can load extension .dll files. > >I'd like to add a tk gui to my extension dll file. > >I am currently looking into freewrap: http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/ > >and mktclapp: www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/mktclapp.html > >But I figured I might get m...

C/C++ interpreter Ch 4.7 and Embedded Ch 4.7 released
Hello, SoftIntegration, Inc. just released Ch 4.7, Ch SDK 4.7 and Embedded Ch 4.7. Ch is an embeddable C/C++ interpreter for cross-platform scripting, 2D/3D plotting, numerical computing, shell programming and embedded scripting. (http://www.softintegration.com) Ch, Ch SDK and Embedded Ch version 4.7 are the most stable release. They are significantly improved for embedded scripting. Ch shell is more compatible with C shell in both command mode and shell programming. Major product enhancements for Ch SDK and Embedded Ch include input/output redirection, obtaining complete information about variables and functions in a Ch script, and interfacing functions with a variable number of arguments. Thirty-six new APIs are added in Ch SDK and Embedded Ch for easier interface with binary C/C++ libraries and embedded scripting. This new release supports Borland compiler for embedded scripting. Sample code using VC++, VC.NET, and Borland compiler to embed Ch into C/C++ applications are included in the distribution. * C/C++ interpreter Ch supports 1999 ISO C Standard (C99) and C++ classes. Ch also supports many industry standards with over 8,000 functions including POSIX, socket/Winsock, X11/Motif, OpenGL, ODBC, C LAPACK, GTK+, Win32, and CGI. Functions in static or dynamical binary C/C++ libraries can be executed interpretively in scripting without re-compilation using Ch SDK. * Shell programming and cross-platform scripting Ch shell is C compatible shell while C-shell (csh) is ...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.3, Itcl 4.0.2, sqlite 3.8.7 Release Candidates
Release candidate downloads of the 8.6.3 releases of Tcl and Tk, Itcl 4.0.2, and sqlite 3.8.7 may now be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.3/ The actual releases of these files should come on October 29. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/...

adding events to tcl queue, or using variables and traces (C and TCL)
I'm writing simple testing framework for embedded application. The application is written on C language and runs on microchip PIC microcontroller normally. To test application I made the following: * hardware depended code was picked out from main source and written to separate source files (module_hal.c for example); * two build mode for program: for microchip PIC, using *_hal.c files dealing with real hardware, or for PC, where *_hal.c files contain hardware simulation code and bindings to TCL-commands. Then program was build for PC, I can using TCL commands change input signal states for simulated hardware, for example, or view output signal states. But I need some method to call tcl callback procedure when output signal changes state. I see two methods to achieve this: * map signal state to variable, and then use 'trace' command to bind tcl-scripts to state change events; * add new events to tcl event queue, as described here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/17195 Which method can be more preferable and why? In case if signal state changes too fast, and if I use variable trace, my callback will be called on every state change -- I think it is serious drawback of first method. With second method I can add only one event to queue, and add second only if first event is processed. But as I see, second method requires more complex code in C (now I wrote this code and see it as serious drawback too). May be exists some other methods to call tcl-callbacks on even...

C++/Tcl/C++ Interface
Hi, I'm a newbie in Tcl and Tcl/C++ interfacing. I need to develop a prototype for one of our upcoming project. I've a shared library which provides Tcl procedures to traverse through some graph which is being created upon reading a file of specific format. If I load this shared library in Tcl shell and call those proc to read the specific file and traverse the graph. Graph traversal proc are like: * getting neighbor nodes of a given node * getting the node name and edge names to/from a node Let's name this Tcl library GL (graph lib). Now, in my C++ program I need create a duplicate graph since I don't have capability read that file directly. So from my C++ code, I need to create a Tcl channel, send commands through the Tcl channel for GL procs and get information from those GL procs to my C++ application to build a duplicate graph on my end. Could some one provide hints how to go about this? Any pointers to existing resource (doc/open source code) will be very helpful. Please redirect me to correct group if this is not the most appropriate one. Regards, ~ Soumen Soumen wrote: > Hi, > > I'm a newbie in Tcl and Tcl/C++ interfacing. I need to develop a > prototype for one > of our upcoming project. > > I've a shared library which provides Tcl procedures to traverse > through some graph > which is being created upon reading a file of specific format. If I > load this shared > library in Tcl shell and ca...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 Release Announcement
Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 Release Announcement July 27, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.7 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Windows, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX binaries are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl Mac OS X binaries are available from: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ Additionally, SuSE Linux RPMs are available from: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/tcl/ For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contri...

Using Tcl/Tk as a user interface in a C program
Hi, i thought this question would come up every day, but i read this NG for a while and haven't seen it since. What i'd like to do is use Tcl/Tk in a standalone (linked against Tcl and/or Tk libs) C program. I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl scripts from C that handle the windows. I wouldn't like to have external scripts called, but i'd like to embed it in the C program. Has anybody got a short example for that (Linux / Windows)? Thanks for any hints, Torsten. MkTclApp is your friend: http://www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/index.html Pretty simple, really. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Torsten Mohr wrote: > Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:05:35 +0100 > From: Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> > Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl > Subject: Using Tcl/Tk as a user interface in a C program > > Hi, > > i thought this question would come up every day, but i read this > NG for a while and haven't seen it since. > > What i'd like to do is use Tcl/Tk in a standalone (linked against > Tcl and/or Tk libs) C program. > > I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl scripts from C that handle > the windows. I wouldn't like to have external scripts called, but > i'd like to embed it in the C program. > > Has anybody got a short example for that (Linux / Windows)? > > > Thanks for any hints, > Torsten. > > * Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> | I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl sc...

about using tclapp wrap tcl/tk and c problem
Hi, all I know there are two methods to develop program using tcl/tk and c, the first method is by calling Tcl_Main, Tcl_AppInit to customize the main program and include tcl scripts; the other method is to make c library and then load the library in tcl script. Is there any method to use tclapp wrap the program developed by the first method? Could you tell me how to do this? now, I make my c program to a libmylib.so, and my tcl script will load it. libmylib.so depends on some other library, such as libtcl84.so and libtk84.so. now I wrap my tcl script and libmylib.so to a starpack. Tclapp will add base tcl runtime envirnment automatically, but, the libmylib.so depends on libtcl84.so and libtk84.so, need I add and wrap these library repeatedly? Is there any method to wrap my program but reduce the size of starpack? Best Regards! Tony O/H sunnyboyGuo@gmail.com έγραψε: > Hi, all > I know there are two methods to develop program using tcl/tk and c, the > first method is by calling Tcl_Main, Tcl_AppInit to customize the main > program and include tcl scripts; the other method is to make c library > and then load the library in tcl script. > Is there any method to use tclapp wrap the program developed by the > first method? Could you tell me how to do this? > > now, I make my c program to a libmylib.so, and my tcl script will load > it. libmylib.so depends on some other library, such as libtcl84.so and > libtk84.so. now I wrap my tcl script ...

Problem with ttk::frame using Tcl/Tk 8.4
This code works under version 8.5, but fails under 8.4 (ActiveState distro under WinXP Pro) package require Tk ttk::frame .p I don't see anything obvious in the Help for this simple a construct. Screens show % package require Tk 8.4 % ttk::frame .p invalid command name "ttk::frame" % % package require Tk 8.5.2 % ttk::frame .p ..p % On Jan 8, 2:39 pm, Richard Owlett <rowl...@atlascomm.net> wrote: > This code works under version 8.5, but fails under 8.4 > (ActiveState distro under WinXP Pro) > > package require Tk > ttk::frame .p > > I don't see anything obvious in the Help for this simple a construct. > Screens show > > % package require Tk > 8.4 > % ttk::frame .p > invalid command name "ttk::frame" > % > > % package require Tk > 8.5.2 > % ttk::frame .p > .p > % Are you aware that the tile widgets were not bundled with 8.4? It's a separate extension ("tile") that requires a separate install and package require. Or are you saying it used to work for you and now it doesn't? Richard Owlett wrote: > % package require Tk > 8.4 > % ttk::frame .p > invalid command name "ttk::frame" The [::ttk::frame] command was added to Tk in release 8.5. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ ...

Use TCL/TK to directly display c-generated jpg?
I have a C program that captures composite video images, converts them to jpg images, and stores the jpg images in files for later display. Is there any way for the C program, using TCL/TK, to display directly the jpg images without the overhead of saving the images in files? (Needless to say I am running in X-Windows, but the C program currently runs as a console app). Thanks, Dave Feustel dave wrote: > I have a C program that captures composite video images, converts them > to jpg images, and stores the jpg images in files for later display. > > Is there any way for the C program, using TCL/TK, to display directly > the jpg images without the overhead of saving the images in files? Look at [image create photo myimagename -data $imagedata ...] HTH, Gerry ...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta > * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary what's wrong with using C? Friedrich > what's wrong with using C? Too low level, no built-in garbage collection. -- Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: >> what's wrong with using C? > > Too low level, Well the Smalltalk people say, have a small language and a big library. I assume C's library status beyond that of Smalltalk. > no built-in garbage collection. Use the Boehm Weisser GC. Friedrich "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> wrote in message news:<2TiYb.237892$rj7.1641209@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) > ...

Urgent: looking for software test developer with C/C++ & Tcl/Tk experience in Seattle
Hello fellow Tcl'ers, this posting is somewhat off topic, I have recieved the following contract opportunity in the Seattle area and I am unable to fulfill it myself. Please contact me if interested, here is the information: Contract for tester of Linux O/S and S/W with C/C++ & Tcl/Tk Contract Position: Tester Length of Contract: 4-6 months Location: Seattle, WA Other requirements: US Citizenship required Responsibilities include: system software test planning and test specification porting and executing existing test software developing and executing new test software test results tracking test automation reporting and reproducing system software failsures regression testing contributing to overall software development and release goals prioritizing and strategizing for optimal testing effectiveness Requirements: 3-5 years experience testing Linux O/S and software. Experience with CVS or other configuration management tools. Working knowledge of C or C++ Working knowledge of Tcl Best Regards, Anthony ...

ActiveState Tcl 8.4.4.0 and Tile 0.7.8 under Vista crashes
I am using Tcl/Tk 8.4.4.0 (because I want to also use BLT 2.4 and my understanding is that BLT will not run under 8.5), along with Tile 0.7.8 Tile loads OK under the 'package requires' command, but the first time I run a tile command (for example, creating a button), Vista crashes. ttk::button .b1 -text "Test" Is there a solution to this? I have searched comp.lang.tcl, but see no reference to this problem. Thanks On 4/8/11 10:09 PM, thoselaings wrote: > I am using Tcl/Tk 8.4.4.0 (because I want to also use BLT 2.4 and my > understanding is that BLT will not run under 8.5), along with Tile > 0.7.8 > > Tile loads OK under the 'package requires' command, but the first time > I run a tile command (for example, creating a button), Vista crashes. > ttk::button .b1 -text "Test" > > Is there a solution to this? I have searched comp.lang.tcl, but see no > reference to this problem. Most of the commonly used (particularly on Windows) used pieces of BLT have been reimplemented outside of BLT -- you may want to re-evaluate your use of BLT so you can move on to 8.5 or later. BLT is not in the cards going forward. Exactly what pieces of BLT are you using? -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net ...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script I have written is. I have named it TCLPIPETEST.tcl #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] gets $fd tmp1 puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "abcdef" } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } I have given all permissions for both the files above. When i execute the Tcl script My aim is to open a pipe with the 'C' executable 'ctcl', initially read so...

Using TCL with C#
I am trying to call TCL from my C# application and found some useful help on the Wiki website http://wiki.tcl.tk/9563 (as shown below). using System.Runtime.InteropServices; using System; namespace TclWrap { public class TclAPI { [DllImport("tcl84.DLL")] public static extern IntPtr Tcl_CreateInterp(); [DllImport("tcl84.Dll")] public static extern int Tcl_Eval(IntPtr interp,string skript); [DllImport("tcl84.Dll")] public static extern IntPtr Tcl_GetObjResult(IntPtr interp); [DllImport("tcl84.Dll")] public static extern string Tcl_GetStringFromObj(IntPtr tclObj,IntPtr length); } public class TclInterpreter { private IntPtr interp; public TclInterpreter() { interp = TclAPI.Tcl_CreateInterp(); if (interp == IntPtr.Zero) { throw new SystemException("can not initialize Tcl interpreter"); } } public int evalScript(string script) { return TclAPI.Tcl_Eval(interp,script); } public string Result { get { IntPtr obj = TclAPI.Tcl_GetObjResult(interp); if (obj == IntPtr.Zero) { return ""; } else { return TclAPI.Tcl_GetStringFromObj(obj,IntPtr.Zero); } } } } } However, when I use the Tcl_Eval command and pass the TCL command "source script1.tcl" or "file exists script1.tcl" (or any of the other file command), it causes an exception in my C# application. It works fine when you pass TCL commands ...

Web resources about - Using Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 from C/C++ - comp.lang.tcl

Hillary Clinton Publicly Apologizes For Her 'Inaccuracies' on the Reagans and the AIDS Crisis
Hillary Clinton’s recent misstep—praising former president Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan for helping to initiate a “national conversation” about ...

Billie Lourd Will Return With A Larger Role In ‘Star Wars Episode 8’
Billie Lourd was on the red carpet for Fox’s Scream Queens at Paleyfest on Saturday night. We’ll have a full story on Scream Queens later but ...

Go board game champion Lee Sedol finally beats Google’s AI
SEOUL (by Se Young Lee, Reuters) – South Korean Lee Sedol won his first match against a computer program developed by a Google subsidiary on ...

Germanwings Crash Inquiry Urges Stricter Oversight of Pilots' Mental Health
NDTV Germanwings Crash Inquiry Urges Stricter Oversight of Pilots' Mental Health New York Times LE BOURGET, France — French aviation officials ...

Watch: ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’ TV Spot Questions Daylight Saving Time
Was an extra hour stolen this morning? That’s what the new TV spot for Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass” asks after Sunday’s Daylight ...

Divers Pull Body of 2nd Tugboat Crew Member From Hudson River; 3rd Man in Tugboat Crash Still Missing ...
Divers pull body of 2nd tugboat crew member from Hudson River; 3rd man in tugboat crash still missing

Officials say unrest at prison in Alabama leaves 2 hurt
Inmates set a fire, seized control of a dormitory and stabbed two corrections officials during a violent uprising at a prison in southern Alabama, ...

Fourteen civilians, two soldiers dead in Ivory Coast resort attack, president says
Fourteen civilians and two soldiers were killed in the Ivory Coast beach resort of Grand Bassam on Sunday when gunmen stormed the popular weekend ...

Kanye West says Justin Bieber hit was his "favorite song of 2015"
Kanye West — beloved by teen girls, teen boys, and multimillionaire hip-hop moguls. West has been relatively silent on Twitter for, say, the ...

Every Quarter Of This Insane Ohio High School Basketball Final Ended On A Buzzer-Beater
Garfield Heights took down St. Ignatius last night in some hot Cleveland Regional Final action to head to the state semifinals. The Bulldogs ...