web services with tcl

I see rivet and websh

how are they different?

0
bootiack (360)

gavino schrieb:
> I see rivet and websh
>
> how are they different?

Websh is a bit more of a framework, it does more things for you. Rivet
is very similar to the PHP model.

Michael
0
schlenk (1615)
8/6/2006 11:47:54 AM
gavino wrote:
> I see rivet and websh
>
> how are they different?

Also see TclHttpd and AolServer

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester                                                       |

Tcl Web Service with Authorization kills Tcl
Hi! I am trying to use web services with authorization using wsdl on tclhttpd 3.5.1, ActiveTcl8.4.18, WS::Server/Utils/Client 1.0.8. tls 1.50, tdom 0.8.2, SuSE Linux 10.0. Are there any known issues using WSDL and authorization? Server side is exactly the example in http://members.cox.net/~gerald.lester/WebServices/Tcl%20Web%20Service%20Example.html As client side is using authorization http headers are appended to client commands. Reading the definitions of the offered services is fine. ::WS::Client::GetAndParseWsdl\ http://localhost:8015/service/wsExamples/wsdl\ {"Authorization" "Basic ZmlzOnNVc2VANi40"} but executing set results [::WS::Client::DoCall wsExamples SimpleEcho {TestString {This is a test}} {"Authorization" "Basic ZmlzOnNVc2VANi40"}} returns Unexpected EOF received from Server and the tclhttpd process aborts. /home/sg/bin/sgw: line 4: 7550 Segmentation fault ${TCLSH:-"tclsh8.4"} /opt/tclhttpd3.5.1/bin/httpd.tcl -debug 1 TIA Stefan Stefan Finzel wrote: > Hi! > > I am trying to use web services with authorization using wsdl on > tclhttpd 3.5.1, ActiveTcl8.4.18, WS::Server/Utils/Client 1.0.8. tls > 1.50, tdom 0.8.2, SuSE Linux 10.0. > > Are there any known issues using WSDL and authorization? None that I know of. I'll not have a chance to look at this for a while. I suggest that you attempt to debug/fix it on your own and file a bug report (with p...

Calling .Net Web Service Operations from Tcl Web Services 1.8 Client
If anyone has utilized the client portion of Gerald Lester's Tcl Web Services extension to call .Net web service operations and would be willing to post example code, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Here are specs for a service that I need to call: Web service URL: http://sample/url/WS/OrderTracking.Service.asmx Two web methods: public DHAddress GetOrderShippingAddress(long orderNumber) public bool SetTrackingNumber(long orderNumber, string trackingNumber) Order number to test is: 20071234567 Security is implemented using a SOAP header: OrderTracking_Service wse = new OrderTracking_Service(); AuthHeader auth = new AuthHeader(); auth.Username = "username"; auth.Password = "password"; wse.AuthHeaderValue = auth; ..... (make web method call here) Mark Case wrote: > If anyone has utilized the client portion of Gerald Lester's Tcl Web > Services extension to call .Net web service operations and would be willing > to post example code, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. > > Here are specs for a service that I need to call: > > Web service URL: > http://sample/url/WS/OrderTracking.Service.asmx > > Two web methods: > > public DHAddress GetOrderShippingAddress(long orderNumber) > > public bool SetTrackingNumber(long orderNumber, string trackingNumber) > > Order number to test is: 20071234567 > > Security is implemented using a SOAP hea...

Calling .Net Web Service Operations from Tcl Web Services 1.8 Client - Follow-up
This is a follow-up reply to a thread started on Nov. 22 with a subject of Calling .Net Web Service Operations from Tcl Web Services 1.8 Client. That thread has fallen way down on the discussion list. In response to a couple of replys from Gerald Lester and Tom J: Thanks for the prompt reply - especially since it was on Thanksgiving Day. Any recommendations you can make with this additional info will be greatly appreciated. +-- When I try it, using the sample you supplied, I get this result: invoked from within "parseResults $serviceName $operationName $body" invoked from within "::WS::Client::DoCall OrderTracking_Service GetOrderAddress $GetOrderAddressRequest $auth " invoked from within "set DHAddress [ ::WS::Client::DoCall OrderTracking_Service GetOrderAddress $GetOrderAddressRequest $auth ]" (file "test1.tcl" line 28) +-- Obviously, I'm doing something incorrectly. I've supplied the code and WSDL in hopes you can spot my problem. Here's the code: package require WS::Client package require dict ::WS::Client::GetAndParseWsdl http://sample/url/WS/OrderTracking.Service.asmx?WSDL dict set GetOrderAddressRequest orderNumber 20071234567 dict set auth Username username dict set auth Password password set DHAddress [ ::WS::Client::DoCall OrderTracking_Service GetOrderAddress $GetOrderAddressRequest $auth ] puts $DHAddress +-- WSDL: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - ...

Web Service -- how to access with TCL
Hi, could some help me to find information about how to access web service from tcl? any recommend package to use? any documents? thanks Sasi sasi wrote: > Hi, > could some help me to find information about how to access web > service from tcl? > any recommend package to use? any documents? > > thanks > Sasi > http://members.cox.net/~gerald.lester/WebServicesForTcl.html sasi <sasidublin@gmail.com> writes: >Hi, > could some help me to find information about how to access web >service from tcl? >any recommend package to use? any documents? Try entering 'Tcl web services' into google. -- Pat Thoyts http://www.patthoyts.tk/ To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header. PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97 10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD In article <1186736344.352355.285650@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, sasi <sasidublin@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > could some help me to find information about how to access web >service from tcl? >any recommend package to use? any documents? . . . Easy answers: <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/soap >; and install ActiveTcl <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/activetcl >. As usual, the local answer involves more questions than you originally asked: What does Web Service mean to you? Is it SOAPy? WSDLish? RESTful? XML-RPCian? Hi Cameron, i looking for a way to access Google Spreadsheet. i think it i...

Tcl Web Service Example
Has anyone tried this example: http://members.cox.net/~gerald.lester/WebServices/Tcl%20Web%20Service%20Example.html and had clean success? It seems to be missing a call to ::WS::Utils::ServiceTypeDef that I have not yet figured out. It appears that without such a call that I am going to continue to get this error: { can't read "mode": no such variable } Should this example be as straight-forward as it sounds? Thanks, -Kevin ...

ANN: Web Services for Tcl
Web Services for Tcl (see http://members.cox.net/~gerald.lester/WebServicesForTcl.html) Summary The distribution provides both client side access to Web Services and server side creation of Web Services. Currently only document/literal and rpc/encoded with HTTP Soap transport are supported on the client side. The server side currently works only with TclHttpdand provides all services as document/literal over HTTP Soap transport. Documentation for the package, including examples can be found here. The distribution consist of three packages 1. WS::Client 2. WS::Server 3. WS::Utils The client is known to work with #C and Java based Web Services (your mileage may very). Download A ZIP file for downloading is available at: http://members.cox.net/~gerald.lester/WebServices.zip License Standard BSD. Packages Required The following packages are used: * Tcl 8.5 or the dict (source, windows binary) extension for Tcl 8.4 * tdom * tls * log from TclLib * uri from TclLib * http from Tcl itself Additionally, if you are running the TclHttpd on Windows, it is highly recommended that you use the iocpsock extension. Score Card The package can currently parse about 87.51 percent of the WSDLs list on Xmethods.net. -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The ma...

TclWs (Web Services for Tcl)
There are currently (version 2.2.3) no outstanding bugs, only Feature Requests, with the TclWs (aka Web Services for Tcl) package. If you know of an outstanding bug, please enter a ticket for it at http://core.tcl.tk/tclws. Thanks, P.S. -- any code patches to implement the outstanding Feature Request would be most welcomed and appreciated. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net | +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

Tcl Web Services and WebSphere
Hi all, I'm using Gerald Lester's web service package (a 1.1.1 version with some modifications for our product's requirements). We recently started testing with WebSphere, and I've run into something interesting - WebSphere is redirecting the WSDL request, for example from: http://our_server:9082/webservice/services/UserAuthentication?WSDL To: http://our_server:9082/webservice/services/UserAuthentication/UserAuthenticationService.wsdl This fails in the GetAndParseWsdl phase of our processing. Has anyone encountered this, and if so is there an easy way to handle the redirection? Even when I manually enter the redirected URL, GetAndParseWsdl then fails on the XSDs. I know our WSDL has some oddities so that may be the issue; I've also heard that the WebSphere redirection is something it does that I'll need to deal with. I think I can do some custom coding in Utilities.tcl to get around the issue, but if there's a better method that wouldn't be as specific to our requirements that would be preferable. Thanks! Wayland Augur On 9/8/11 12:31 PM, Skip Augur wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm using Gerald Lester's web service package (a 1.1.1 version with > some modifications for our product's requirements). We recently > started testing with WebSphere, and I've run into something > interesting - WebSphere is redirecting the WSDL request, for example > from: > > http://our_server:9082/webservice/services/UserAu...

TCL web server running TCL Server pages (.tsp)
I have been using TCL server pages (running on tclhttpd) for over 10 years= for various things like database front-ends, Server side Windows managemen= t(tcl/vbscript(WMI) and Access), and recently a client side Smartphone port= al(tcl/javascript). I am curious if others are using TCL Server pages and f= or what purpose? For intranet usage I recently used tclhttpd to provide vnc (tightvnc &fvwm) sessions to legacy X11 applications, database interfaces, Excel/csv files and PDF documents on request. http://bu4.taipudex.com/pinyin.htm is a dictionary trial By the way http://w3tech...

Web Services for Tcl & timeouts...
Hi all, I am using the web services for tcl package (the one from http://code.google.com/p/tclws/ - although not the latest version), which implements web services using the tclhttpd as its web browser. So, using this package I have implemented a service. The problem is that if the proc that implements the service takes some time to finish, a timeout error is returned by my service. Is there a way to eliminate these timeouts? I have definitely concluded that my server is causing them, as I get the timeouts with clients in two programming languages. A typical error message (from C# client) is: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. My setup is that tclhttpd runs on a thread of its own, and the proc that implements the service runs at a second thread. Any ideas on how to stop timeout errors? George On Jan 21, 1:52 pm, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> wrote: > A typical error message (from C# client) is: > The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to > be kept alive was closed by the server. But this doesn't sound like a timeout error. Usually that would be a client timing out, not the server. But how long does it take to 'timeout'? O/H tom.rmadilo έγραψε: > On Jan 21, 1:52 pm, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> > wrote: > >> A typical error message (from C# client) is: >> The underlying...

.Net Web Service Authentication from Tcl
How do I replicate this .Net API in Tcl? NewService service = new NewService (); service.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username", "password", "domain"); Thanks in advance. ...

mojolicious and realtime web, events getting thier do? does tcl do this ? when tcl be epoll based?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWzhJDyHB8 ...

ANNOUNCE -- New Home for Web Services for Tcl
The Web Services for Tcl is now being host at Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/tclws/). If anyone would like to volunteer to help maintain or enhance the package, drop me a line and I'll add you on to the project. Enjoy -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ On Jan 5, 9:11=A0pm, "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Les...@cox.net> wrote: > The Web Services for Tcl is now being host at Google Code > (http://code.google.com/p/tclws/). > > If anyone would like to volunteer to help maintain or enhance the package,= > drop me a line and I'll add you on to the project. > > Enjoy > -- > +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+= > | Gerald W. Lester =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0= =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 | > |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes|= > +------------------------------------------------------------------------+= What might be required? Is it a pure Tcl package or is the C involved? What kind of help would you be needing? Robert Robert Hicks wrote: > What might be required? Is it a pure Tcl package or i...

Web Services for Tcl HTTP Post/Get
Is it possible to retrieve a web service from HTTP Post/Get that is being served by WS? If so, what would the syntax look like for the URL and parameters. Thanks in advance Mike Mike Labedz wrote: > Is it possible to retrieve a web service from HTTP Post/Get > that is being served by WS? If so, what would the syntax look like > for the URL and parameters. Yes it is possible. For an example look at the client side software in the Web Services for Tcl package. -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

Does anyone have a Tcl Script which does a Multi Part File Upload to web site ( TCL CGI )
Hello all, I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... Any help is appreciated, Thank you for the help, Sean - HeliHobby.com Sean wrote: > Hello all, > > I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server > which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... > > Any help is appreciated, > > Thank you for the help, > > Sean - HeliHobby.com I use ncgi for ths (from tcllib). It rocks! high quality code that never fails. For instance the file upload...

ANNOUNCE: Free Small TCL/Rivet and Tcl/tanzer Web Hosting Accounts available on my domain
Hi all. I have a Virtual Private Server (VPS) on superlinux.net. I have Rivet and tanzer installed on this server. the server is just one of those tiny servers (1 CPU core and 256MB RAM and 10GB Hardisk). If you want to make a website using Rivet or tanzer and get it hosted on my VPS, just email me your name and other full details to make you an SFTP account to upload your scripts on my domain. And you're welcome. ...

ANN: TclWS 2.3.1 -- Web Services for Tcl
This release contains the following Feature Request:: [4d55a803fd] -- added namespace options into Client Download as a Zip File or as a Tar Ball from http://core.tcl.tk/tclws -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net | +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

Web resources about - web services with tcl - comp.lang.tcl

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Watch the Secret Service jump to protect Trump after a protester tries to climb on stage
VIDEO: The Secret Service ran to protect Donald Trump at an Ohio rally after a protester allegedly attempted to run onstage.

Poor customer service will lead to public shaming in NSW Fair Trading rogues gallery
Natalie bought a &quot;bargain&quot; stroller online and then waited, and waited. &quot;They took my money straight away and then hid away.&quot; ...

Donald Trump: Secret Service agents swarm stage as campaign chaos continues in Ohio
Donald Trump claims an attempt by a protester to storm the stage at a campaign event in Ohio was probably ISIS-related.

Trump Unfazed as Secret Service Removes Person Who Reached for Him on Ohio Stage
During GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s campaign rally Saturday morning in Dayton, Ohio, it appears someone tried to grab the real estate mogul. ...

Watch: Secret Service run to Trump as protester rushes stage - Videos - CBS News
Secret Service agents rushed to protect Donald Trump Saturday as a protester at his Vandalia, OH rally tried to climb on stage. Trump said he ...

Vicar conducts impromptu funeral service in a car for mourners stuck in traffic
A vicar conducted an impromptu funeral service in the back of a car, after getting stuck in a traffic jam en route.

Secret Service Briefly Surrounds Trump at Rally After Person Tries to Rush Stage
Secret Service agents guard Donald Trump after a man tried to breach the security buffer at an event in Vandalia, Ohio, on March 12. (AP Photo/Kiichiro ...

J.J. Abrams, Steven Spielberg Back Home Movie Service - Collider
Filmmakers Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, and J.J. Abrams are backing Sean Parker's controversial premium home movie service Screening Room. ...