What is a "busy file? How can i delete in TCL script?

Hi,

I have a tcl script that generate a lot of intermediate files (and
folders). At the last step of my script, I've to clean the working
directory and keep only one or two files.

I have written a proc to clean work dir like this:

proc cleanWorkDir {dir keep1 {keep2 ""}} {
   set here [pwd]
   cd $dir
   if {$keep2 == "" } {
     set keep2 $keep1
   }

   foreach f [glob -nocomplain *] {
     if { ![string equal $f [getOnlyName $keep1] ] && ![string equal
$f [getOnlyName $keep2]] } {
     	file delete -force $f
     }
   }
   cd $here
}

Although it worked on my laptop, but on customer's Linux machine I
always get error message:
ERROR: cannot remove `A/B/.nfs00000000010d28ba00004dfb': Device or
resource busy
    while executing
  "file delete -force $f"

Despite of being able to delete the whole folder (Folder "A" in error
message) manually, I don't understand why cannot the TCL script do it!

Can anyone help me solve this?

Thanks,
Ahmad
0
Ahmad

I have also noticed something.. When the TCL script exits after this
error, and I try to "ls" the ".nsf...." file it complains about, I
don't find it!

What is the .nsf file stands for? Who generates it?

Thanks,
Ahmad

On Nov 4, 12:45=A0pm, Ahmad <ahmad.abdulgh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a tcl script that generate a lot of intermediate files (and
> folders). At the last step of my script, I've to clean the working
> directory and keep only one or two files.
>
> I have written a proc to clean work dir like this:
>
> proc cleanWorkDir {dir keep1 {keep2 ""}} {
> =A0 =A0set here [pwd]
> =A0 =A0cd $dir
> =A0 =A0if {$keep2 =3D=3D "" } {
> =A0 =A0 =A0set keep2 $keep1
> =A0 =A0}
>
> =A0 =A0foreach f [glob -nocomplain *] {
> =A0 =A0 =A0if { ![string equal $f [getOnlyName $keep1] ] && ![string equa=
> $f [getOnlyName $keep2]] } {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 file delete -force $f
> =A0 =A0 =A0}
> =A0 =A0}
> =A0 =A0cd $here
>
> }
>
> Although it worked on my laptop, but on customer's Linux machine I
> always get error message:
> ERROR: cannot remove `A/B/.nfs00000000010d28ba00004dfb': Device or
> resource busy
> =A0 =A0 while executing
> =A0 "file delete -force $f"
>
> Despite of being able to delete the whole folder (Folder "A" in error
> message) manually, I don't understand why cannot the TCL script do it!
>
> Can anyone help me solve this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ahmad

0
Ahmad
11/4/2010 7:54:20 PM
At Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:54:20 -0700 (PDT) Ahmad <ahmad.abdulghany@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have also noticed something.. When the TCL script exits after this
> error, and I try to "ls" the ".nsf...." file it complains about, I
> don't find it!
>
> What is the .nsf file stands for? Who generates it?

NFS -- 'Network File System', a UNIX file sharing protocol, originally
invented by Sun Microsystems back in the late 1970's or so. The
".nsf...." file is something created by the NFS software, I think
related to locking.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller@deepsoft.com

Robert
11/4/2010 8:26:19 PM
Hi Robert,

This is a very nice to know, thank you.

Do you have any idea how can I force delete this kind of files?

Thanks,
Ahmad

On Nov 4, 1:26=A0pm, Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
> At Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:54:20 -0700 (PDT) Ahmad <ahmad.abdulgh...@gmail.com=
> wrote:
>

> > I have also noticed something.. When the TCL script exits after this
> > error, and I try to "ls" the ".nsf...." file it complains about, I
> > don't find it!
>
> > What is the .nsf file stands for? Who generates it?
>
> NFS -- 'Network File System', a UNIX file sharing protocol, originally
> invented by Sun Microsystems back in the late 1970's or so. The
> ".nsf...." file is something created by the NFS software, I think
> related to locking.
>

> > Thanks,
> > Ahmad
>
> > On Nov 4, 12:45=3DA0pm, Ahmad <ahmad.abdulgh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have a tcl script that generate a lot of intermediate files (and
> > > folders). At the last step of my script, I've to clean the working
> > > directory and keep only one or two files.
>
> > > I have written a proc to clean work dir like this:
>
> > > proc cleanWorkDir {dir keep1 {keep2 ""}} {
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0set here [pwd]
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0cd $dir
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0if {$keep2 =3D3D=3D3D "" } {
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0set keep2 $keep1
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0}
>
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0foreach f [glob -nocomplain *] {
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0if { ![string equal $f [getOnlyName $keep1] ] && ![s=
tring equa=3D
> > > $f [getOnlyName $keep2]] } {
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0 file delete -force $f
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0}
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0}
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0cd $here
>
> > > }
>
> > > Although it worked on my laptop, but on customer's Linux machine I
> > > always get error message:
> > > ERROR: cannot remove `A/B/.nfs00000000010d28ba00004dfb': Device or
> > > resource busy
> > > =3DA0 =3DA0 while executing
> > > =3DA0 "file delete -force $f"
>
> > > Despite of being able to delete the whole folder (Folder "A" in error
> > > message) manually, I don't understand why cannot the TCL script do it=
!

> > > Can anyone help me solve this?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ahmad
>
> --
> Robert Heller =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- 978-544-6933 / hel...@deepsoft.c=
om
> Deepwoods Software =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0--http://www.deepsoft.com/
> () =A0ascii ribbon campaign -- against html e-mail
> /\ =A0www.asciiribbon.org=A0 -- against proprietary attachments

0
Ahmad
11/4/2010 10:16:08 PM
At Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:16:08 -0700 (PDT) Ahmad <ahmad.abdulghany@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> This is a very nice to know, thank you.
>
> Do you have any idea how can I force delete this kind of files?

I don't think you can OR should.

> Thanks,
> Ahmad
>

> On Nov 4, 1:26=A0pm, Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
> > At Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:54:20 -0700 (PDT) Ahmad <ahmad.abdulgh...@gmail.com=
> > wrote:
> >

> > > I have also noticed something.. When the TCL script exits after this
> > > error, and I try to "ls" the ".nsf...." file it complains about, I
> > > don't find it!
> >
> > > What is the .nsf file stands for? Who generates it?
> >
> > NFS -- 'Network File System', a UNIX file sharing protocol, originally
> > invented by Sun Microsystems back in the late 1970's or so. The
> > ".nsf...." file is something created by the NFS software, I think
> > related to locking.
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Ahmad

> tring equa=3D

> !

> > --
> > Robert Heller =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- 978-544-6933 / hel...@deepsoft.c=
> om
> > Deepwoods Software =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0--http://www.deepsoft.com/
> > () =A0ascii ribbon campaign -- against html e-mail
> > /\ =A0www.asciiribbon.org=A0 -- against proprietary attachments

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller@deepsoft.com

Robert
11/4/2010 11:56:45 PM
Your script is trying to delete all files in a directory except those
you specify. It would probably be better to maintain a list of the
temporary files and just loop through the list at the end deleting them,
that way you avoid trying to delete other files (like the NFS lock files).

Simon

On 04/11/2010 23:56, Robert Heller wrote:
> At Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:16:08 -0700 (PDT) Ahmad<ahmad.abdulghany@gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> This is a very nice to know, thank you.
>>
>> Do you have any idea how can I force delete this kind of files?
>
> I don't think you can OR should.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Ahmad
>>

>> On Nov 4, 1:26=A0pm, Robert Heller<hel...@deepsoft.com>  wrote:

>>> NFS -- 'Network File System', a UNIX file sharing protocol, originally
>>> invented by Sun Microsystems back in the late 1970's or so. The
>>> ".nsf...." file is something created by the NFS software, I think
>>> related to locking.

>> tring equa=3D

>> !

>>> --
>>> Robert Heller =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- 978-544-6933 / hel...@deepsoft.c=
>> om
>>> Deepwoods Software =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0--http://www.deepsoft.com/
>>> () =A0ascii ribbon campaign -- against html e-mail
>>> /\ =A0www.asciiribbon.org=A0 -- against proprietary attachments

0
Simon
11/5/2010 10:14:08 AM
On Nov 4, 4:56=A0pm, Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
> At Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:16:08 -0700 (PDT) Ahmad <ahmad.abdulgh...@gmail.com=
> wrote:
>

> > Hi Robert,
>
> > This is a very nice to know, thank you.
>
> > Do you have any idea how can I force delete this kind of files?
>
> I don't think you can OR should.

I agree with Robert that the lock files can't be deleted. The first
question you should have is why are they being created. Is there some
good reason that the files you have created are being locked by a
remote host? If not then I would spend some time figuring what the
heck is going on. Second, the /tmp directory on unix/linux is where
you should be putting all your temporary files. This directory is
cleared when a system is rebooted which will remove any abandoned lock
files. In a large network it is possible for lock files to become
abandoned which is a real headacke because they will prevent
directories from being deleted.

tomk
0
tomk
11/5/2010 4:10:28 PM
On 5 nov, 17:10, tomk <krehbiel....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 4:56=A0pm, Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > At Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:16:08 -0700 (PDT) Ahmad <ahmad.abdulgh...@gmail.c=
om> wrote:

> > > Hi Robert,
>
> > > This is a very nice to know, thank you.
>
> > > Do you have any idea how can I force delete this kind of files?
>
> > I don't think you can OR should.
>
> I agree with Robert that the lock files can't be deleted. The first
> question you should have is why are they being created. Is there some
> good reason that the files you have created are being locked by a
> remote host? If not then I would spend some time figuring what the
> heck is going on. Second, the /tmp directory on unix/linux is where
> you should be putting all your temporary files. This directory is
> cleared when a system is rebooted which will remove any abandoned lock
> files. In a large network it is possible for lock files to become
> abandoned which is a real headacke because they will prevent
> directories from being deleted.
>
> tomk

To see the file you should propbaly try
ls -al
This lists all files including hidden ones, under Linux the . before a
filename will hide them from simple ls

You should probably be creating a private tmp directory in /tmp to
keep all your files together then a simple delete of the directory
should clean up easily.

Martyn
0
MSEdit
11/5/2010 5:51:22 PM
* Robert Heller <heller@deepsoft.com>
| > What is the .nsf file stands for? Who generates it?
>
| ... The ".nsf...." file is something created by the NFS software, I
| think related to locking.

Those .nfs files are not related to file locking, but to removed files
on an NFS share which are still open in some application.

See
  https://www.cs.indiana.edu/Facilities/FAQ/General/dotnfs.html
  http://www.unix.com/filesystems-disks-memory/5702-removing-nfs-files.html

HTH
R'
0
Ralf
11/5/2010 6:59:48 PM
@Ahmad

may be one more tip is you can use exception handling if script is
actually aborting without completion where you can use tcl catch
statement for file delete operation and print messages when some cases
it fails as busy etc.
0
SANKY

odd file with ^@ characters
I was given an odd CVS file this morning, with datafields delimited by ",". I do not know the provenance, and neither does the person who gave it to me. It's a data file with 1279 rows and size is 11M that contains data for an urgent report, and the target system is Windows. Neither Excel nor Access will take the file, but it opens up fine in with cat, head, etc. I moved the file to my Unix system and looked at it in vi. This is what it looks like, for example, 'perl is good' looks like this: ^@p^@e^@r^@l^@ ^@i^@s^@ ^@g^@o^@o^@d When I open up the output file in windows...

[OCI][9i]How can a fetch freeze an application ?
Gentlemen, I have an OCI-based code making all the Oracle calls for the main application. All that stuff works, except in one specific environment. In this case, the app freezes on the first call to ::OCIStmtFetch2(...). The select * from dba_blockers and the SQL traces do not evidence any lock. Anyway, even if the app is multithreaded (and the OCI environment initialized in OCI_THREADED mode), I am the only user connected to the database for this test. Moreover, the blocking fetch follows the execute of a simple select query, not even a select for update. I wonder if the fact ...

Re: FTP and overwriting an existing file #2
Doug/Ron: I don't believe the FDELETE function will work with the FTP engine. You can specify the delete command on the RCMD parameter of the FILENAME statement. As far as I know the RCMD is executed before the GET/PUT happens. filename stuff ftp 'test.txt' host='blah.blah' user='youruser' pass='yourpass' rcmd='dele test.txt'; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Fehd, Ronald J Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 10:40 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: FTP and overwriting an existing f...

Running a Python app on a remote server and displaying the output files
I have a Python 2.7 script at https://github.com/jhsu802701/dopplervalueinv= esting . When I run the screen.py script locally, the end result is a new s= creen-output sub-directory (within the root directory) and a results.csv fi= le within it. What I'm trying to do is put this script on a remote server, run this scree= n.py script every night, and make the results.csv file publicly readable. I've tried to do this on Google App Engine, but I can't get it to work. The= Google App Engine tutorial revolves around trying to dynamically create a = web site, and I haven'...

Two questions about vim scripts
Hi all! I have started writing my own vim scripts and I have two questions about functions. The first question is about function prefixes <SID>FunctionName(...) and s:FunctionName(...). When should I prefix my function with <SID> and when should I prefix it with s:, and is it a bad style to write "function FunctionName (...)" in a script? And the other question - when should I prefix variables in functions with l: to make them local; and what can happen if I just "let var = val" without making the var local? Thanks, Peteris Krumins Peteri...

Creating m-file from within m-file
I have several questions that I may be able to address by just asking how to write a simple program. I need to write a function that does the following: (1) Takes a vector as an input. (2) Creates a new m-file that is also a newly created function. It starts with the function heading (which remains constant), but the body of the new function depends on the contens of the vector. (3) Saves the new m-file as name "mynewfct" in the current directory. (4) Doesn't return any values. For instance, assume Vec = [1 2 3 4 5], I need a function I can call as mynewfun(Vec) t...

Old Econet File Server
Believe it or not, but my company still has a network of BBC in use for manufacturing purposes. It uses the Econet Lan, however, the E01S File server has become very temperamental and has been repaired several times. We are due to move to a different location at the end of March next year and there is a real fear that the file server will not survive the journey. We have an old A3000 with Os2, Econet and Rj45 Lan card and a A3020 with Os3.1 and Rj45 Lan card. The A3000 will not recognise the Lan card, I believe this is due to the Os2 because the Lan card has been tested on the A3020 ...

[9fans] exit an rc script on any error; equivalent of bash's set -e

Can parellelized program run slower than single process program?
from multiprocessing import Pool from itertools import product def sym(lst): x,y=lst tmp=x*y if rec(tmp): return tmp else: return None def rec(num): num=str(num) if num == "".join(reversed(num)): return True else: return False if __name__ == "__main__": pool=Pool(processes=8) lst=product(xrange(100,1000),repeat=2) rst=pool.map(sym,lst) #rst=sym(lst) print max(rst) in my old computer(2006), when run it on single process, it takes 2 seconds but using multiprocessing.pool, it t...

Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 59001
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please. Virgina ghtpl@yahoo.com http://ipods-imacs.com LjDxEhaPLaV#!Ne(XI#$Gnt%V ...

extract table from xhtml file and java
hi, i want to extract a table from an xhtml file. The problem is there are two tables with the same attributes and i only want to extract one. Any know how i might go about this. I'm using Jtidy and Dom Document to traverse the xhtml Thanks ...

US-NJ: Union-Sr. Business Analyst (AS/400) #27
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: Sr. Business Analyst (AS/400) Job Loc...

Re: can this transpose be done in one proc #2
Hi Gordon, Download MR2RM.zip with MR2RM.sas inside from http://home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld/software/SASmacro and also follow instructions in MR2RM.txt %MR2RM (Data=Bens, Out=All, OverWrit=Y, ByList=ID, VarList=Ben Amt, Index=Period, CopyList=Sex); PROC TRANSPOSE rotates a data matrix, macro MR2RM flattens a data matrix. Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld My computer predicts: David C. will say: you don't want to do this. On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:33:30 +1000, gordon <gordononline@OPTUSNET.COM.AU> wrote: &...

Looking for script for backup
Hi, When I want to update my system I tend to change to a different distro, so I can't just use upgrade functions. I also don't have broadband, so I can't update of the net. However, when I do change there are various files and folders that I want to keep between distros. Until now I have just been copying files into my windows partition manually (mounted on /win btw), but this can take a while. I am looking for advice on writing a script that would do something like reading down a list of files that I just put in a text file, then copying each file into a folder (eg linuxbackup...

Can DCMTK 3.5.3 run under Visual Studio .Net 2003?
Hi, I am trying to use CMake 2.0 compile the DCMTK 3.5.3 source but I get an error message saying that the Ccompiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program. The "stacktrace" of the compile is written and at the end is the error message: "LINK: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'kernel32.lib'" It looks like the error has something to do with the kernel32.lib? Anyone got an idea? Best regards P�l Eilertsen P�l Eilertsen wrote: > I am trying to use CMake 2.0 compile the DCMTK 3.5.3 source but I get > an error message ...

Business Software
Shenzhen, China-Nov.26th, 2009 - Until today, the influence of economic crisis is still around. The primary job at present is also to come up with rescue packages to bail out financial trouble, such as reducing cost, increasing work efficiency, etc. At this moment, Wondershare provides a big promotion to its business software with affordable prices to achieve it. Wondershare business software in promotion covers presentation tools, training tools and PDF tools. Work efficiency can really be greatly enhanced by these smart business tools. With presentation tools, users can make their...

mex file 380015
Hello, I have a .cpp file that includes a library defined by the user matrix.hpp. The file compiles correctly in both C++ and Matlab. If I try to create a mex file in Matlab for multiply3D.cpp I obtain the following error: >> mex -c multiply3D.cpp >> mex multiply3D.cpp Creation of the library D:\DOCUME~1\IB224157\LOCALS~1\TEMP\MEX_VY~1\templib.x and of the object D:\DOCUME~1\IB224157\LOCALS~1\TEMP\MEX_VY~1\templib.exp multiply3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dgemm referenced in the function "void __cdecl mexFunction(int,struct mxArray_tag * * const...

FAQ 5.24 How do I get a file's timestamp in perl? #3 337914
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.24: How do I get a file's timestamp in perl? If you want to retrieve the time at which the file was last read, written, or had its meta-data (owner, etc) changed, you use the -M, -A, or -C file test operations as documented in perlfunc. These retrieve the age...

Whitepaper, Agile Business Intelligence
The paper discuses the ability of an Agile BI rollout to respond to changing data analysis and reporting needs, and provide vital insights into an organizations=92 operational environment in shorter timeframes, with less complexity. Link (No Email Required) http://www.yellowfinbi.com/Document.i4?DocumentId=3D118864 (cut and paste link into your browser to directly access the whitepaper) Extract: As the father of evolutionary theorem, Charles Darwin, said: =93It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptiv...

How to write a xls file
How can I do to write a xls files using matlab? I mean I want fully manage a Excel spreadsheet throught a my matlab function: sizing columns and rows, setting fonts, setting the type of data(number, text)... thanks in advance RB roberto borrione wrote: > How can I do to write a xls files using matlab? > I mean I want fully manage a Excel spreadsheet throught a my matlab > function: sizing columns and rows, setting fonts, setting the type of > data(number, text)... Use ActiveX. See COM and DDE Support on the following page: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/t...

Append an Excel file with data from access
HI, I need help :( . I have an access database and I want to transfer some data from access to Excel file in following way: create a excel file, run a query to put some data on it (using VBA) run this query again (in a loop) and append the data in the same file, untill some condition is satisfied. here the tough part is to append to Excel file. I tried several things, but i am not successful. Thanks for Help. -- Posted using the http://www.dbforumz.com interface, at author's request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards Topic URL: h...

FROM: Mr. Mac moyo----UREGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL
FROM: Mr. Mac moyo Johannesburg, South Africa. FAX: 27-11-507-6301 TEL: 27-73-207-8977 EMAIL:mc11moyo@yahoo.com UREGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL ATTN: DIRECTOR/CEO Dear Sir, With due respect, trust and humility, I write to you this proposal, which I believe would be of great interest to you. I find your contact while I was doing a private research on the Internet for a reliable and capable foreign partner that will assist my family and I to transfer fund to his personal or private account and for investment purpose. I am Mr. Mac moyo the son of Late Mr...

Question about file location
It seems that T3 hotsync only looks for files in C:/programs/palm/myname/backup When I installed the software, I was instructed to get updates as part of the process. I downloaded: PalmOutlook101UpdateENG.zip which extracted an .exe file that installed automatically T3Update.zip which I saved to D:/Saved Zipped Stuff/Palm/Update and extracted 6 .prc files which I left in the same folder Security50p.zip which I saved to D:/Saved Zipped Stuff/Palm/Security and extracted 1 .prc file which I left in the same folder Finally, here is the question: When I tried moving the...

flushing a file ..............
At a certain point in my application ..........i want to flush my file. I am actually opening the file in 'a' (append) mode......... so after entering 4 values......i need to flush my file How do i do it???? Please tell the method of doin it .......... On Feb 14, 5:33 am, Divvi <divya_puramshe...@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > At a certain point in my application ..........i want to flush my > file. > I am actually opening the file in 'a' (append) mode......... > so after entering 4 values......i need to flush my file > > How do i do it???? > > Please te...

Do you have a Lexmark 2030? Can you give me some information please!
Greetings, I'm looking to try and find the AC adapter outlook for the adapter for the Lexmark 2030. Unfortuntly, Lexmark has only the drivers (and no documentation) for this model on their website anymore. I'm wondering if there are any friendly 2030 owners out there that would mind checking the Outlook voltage and current on their AC adapters for me? (P.S. - for those that aren't familiar if you look at the black box between your printer & the wall, there will be writing on it. The writing with have a line that says something like 9Vdc, 1000mA. (And thos...