when will tcl use epoll or kqueue for the event loop/??

node vs tcl/wub!
0
johannes

On 12/03/2014 09:19 AM, johannes falcone wrote:
> node vs tcl/wub!

What defects in Tcl_SetNotifier() are standing in the way?

--
| Don Porter            Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |
On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:19:08 PM UTC, johannes falcone wrote:
> node vs tcl/wub!

http://widgetsandshit.com/teddziuba/2008/04/im-going-to-scale-my-foot-up-y.html

0
ufsxfszfs

unanswered: will tcl use kqueue epoll as event loop in future?
Saw 2010 google summer of code doing it.. Will that come in tcl 9 or something? Am I stealing thunder? For those who don't know kqueue epoll are fast event based c libs that enable cherokee web server and friends to be very very fast. Since they are an event loop, it would be huge performance win for tcl to use them.... kqueue is freebsd epoll is linux This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) ------enig2GPDMETPNIWACUNSISDWO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On 06/21/2013 10:21 AM, johannes falc...

Will tcl 9 use epoll or kqueue for tcl?
curious http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:22:02 PM UTC-8, gavino_himself wrote: > curious > > > > http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas cherokee uses them so gota be ast for events and cherokee outperforms nginx ...

is tcl going to use epoll or kqueue anytime soon for its event loop?
I saw 2010 google summer of code someone did it... I am pretty sure select syscall is still used. On 28/02/2012 20:31, gavino wrote: > I saw 2010 google summer of code someone did it... I am pretty sure > select syscall is still used. It's awkward because it is legal to have multiple threads waiting on the same file descriptor. That makes managing the event distribution rather awkward (it doesn't work if you put the same FD in the wait set twice). Doubly annoying is that there's a bug in the kqueue implementation on this machine that makes it not work for terminals. :-( D...

when will tcl use epoll / kqueue for awesome performance?
curious? then tcl webserver vs node.js and aolserver be interesting! ...

libev for epoll kqueue event loop for tcl maybe leverage google soc wgere student added?
http://freecode.com/projects/libev ...

adding events to tcl queue, or using variables and traces (C and TCL)
I'm writing simple testing framework for embedded application. The application is written on C language and runs on microchip PIC microcontroller normally. To test application I made the following: * hardware depended code was picked out from main source and written to separate source files (module_hal.c for example); * two build mode for program: for microchip PIC, using *_hal.c files dealing with real hardware, or for PC, where *_hal.c files contain hardware simulation code and bindings to TCL-commands. Then program was build for PC, I can using TCL commands change input signal st...

mojolicious and realtime web, events getting thier do? does tcl do this ? when tcl be epoll based?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWzhJDyHB8 ...

when will tcl interpreter move to usign epoll kqueue?
I saw google summer code project did it. When will it become part of stable tcl? On Jul 11, 11:15=A0am, gavino <gavcom...@gmail.com> wrote: > I saw google summer code project did it. =A0When will it =A0become part o= f > stable tcl? anyone? is this in the cards? I am sure wub wibble guys would love it as it makes thier serve ron par with nginx and lighttpd etc, but cherokee would still perhaps be even better since it does some magic to allow 8 core to be all userd by 1 cherokee unlike the other 2 that are stuck on 1 cpu. That might change but sofar I think nginx is still one p...

event loop is non blocking web power of perls mojolicious old hat for tcl? epoll?
http://mojolicio.us/perldoc/Mojolicious/Guides/FAQ#Will_my_code_magically_become_non-blocking_with_Mojolicious I ask again when will tcl use epoll/kqueue? This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --aicOmUeDnF69hJagoPDa7EcTJ9vtrpb91 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On 02/06/2014 05:16 PM, johannes falcone wrote: > http://mojolicio.us/perldoc/Mojolicious/Guides/FAQ#Will_my_code_magical= ly_become_non-blocking_with_Mojolicious >=20 > I ask again when will tcl use epoll/kqueue? >=20 When you wr...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

tcl event loop question
I am launching wish from another application (Cadence Virtuoso). There is = some kind of blocking that is happening. Symptoms: I cannot interact with any widgets, i.e. I can't press a button but... I can interact with the window, i.e. I can resize it and the window gets re= freshed. Here's my wish script (yes that's the entire script): button .b -text "Exit" -command exit pack .b In a more complex test script I was able to send Tcl commands from Virtuoso= (Virtuoso sending on stdout, Tcl reading stdin), and eval this command to = trigger sending a comma...

Tcl+incr Tcl debuggers to use on command line?
Hi, Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Thanks On 10/11/14, 9:46 PM, kenneth.bull@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? > That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Well, the debugger in ActiveState's TDK does not need a bundled IDE and it works with [incr Tcl] -- but it is a GUI application not a command line one. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. L...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Web resources about - when will tcl use epoll or kqueue for the event loop/?? - comp.lang.tcl

tornado - Open Source - Facebook Code - Facebook
Meet the engineers who code Facebook

DragonFly BSD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DragonFly BSD is a free Unix-like operating system created as a fork of FreeBSD 4.8. Matthew Dillon, an Amiga developer in the late 1980s and ...

syscalls.master
syscalls.master [ plain text ] ; derived from: FreeBSD @(#)syscalls.master 8.2 (Berkeley) 1/13/94;; System call name/number master file.; This ...

Big Nerd Ranch
Find out how to leverage the powerful underlying technologies of Mac OS X by getting into the real nitty-gritty of multi-threading, interprocess ...

Introducing GCD based AsyncSocket
I've rewritten AsyncSocket from the ground up using Grand Central Dispatch . It's now thread-safe and up to 400% faster. It makes it trivial ...

emcrisostomo/fswatch · GitHub
fswatch - A cross-platform file change monitor with multiple backends: Apple OS X File System Events API, *BSD kqueue, Linux inotify and a stat-based ...

Shmoocon 2016: Efficient Debugging For OS X
Developers love their macs, and if you look at the software that comes with it, it’s easy to see why. OS X is a very capable Unix-ey environment ...

Microbenchmark comparing poll, kqueue, and /dev/poll - 24 Oct 2000
Various mechanisms of handling multiple sockets with a single serverthread are available; not all mechanisms are available on all platforms.A ...

Stakeout
Friday, July 30, 2004 Stakeout Michael McCracken’s Stakeout uses kqueue to monitor source files and re-run the unit tests when they change. Comments ...