Will tcl 9 use epoll or kqueue for tcl?

curious

http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:22:02 PM UTC-8, gavino_himself wrote:
> curious
>

> http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas

cherokee uses them so gota be ast for events and cherokee outperforms nginx

when will tcl use epoll / kqueue for awesome performance?
curious? then tcl webserver vs node.js and aolserver be interesting! ...

when will tcl use epoll or kqueue for the event loop/??
node vs tcl/wub! On 12/03/2014 09:19 AM, johannes falcone wrote: > node vs tcl/wub! What defects in Tcl_SetNotifier() are standing in the way? -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:19:08 PM UTC, johannes falcone wrote: > node vs tcl/wub! http://widgetsandshit.com/teddziuba/2008/04/im...

unanswered: will tcl use kqueue epoll as event loop in future?

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?
In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, such as, exit. I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got nothing feedback. How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Thanx! vian1381@china.com.cn wrote: > In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control > all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, > such as, exit. > &g...

Tcl+incr Tcl debuggers to use on command line?
Hi, Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Thanks On 10/11/14, 9:46 PM, kenneth.bull@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? > That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Well, the debugger in ActiveState's TDK does not need a bundled IDE and it works with [incr Tcl] -- but it is a GUI application not a command line one. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. L...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "In short you need to stop attempting to have the program drive the user and have the user drive the program. This is true regardless of what language you write the GUI in." - Gerald W. Lester on c.l.t http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/049c9e7974128b14 "'Might be fun to play around with' seems like the primary motivation for TAL." "Well ... yeah. You say that like it's a bad thing." Joe English and Colin McCormack http://wiki.tcl.tk/tal POTW: ANNOUNCE: TclTalk by Thomas Braun http://groups.google.com/group/comp...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "... [C]oroutine and tailcall are significant steps toward a Tcl theory of programming that is different from Lisp's." - Kevin Kenny With the help of many, 5.0 of Tablelist now includes a multi-column tree widget, and much more. http://www.nemethi.de Thanks to Arjen Markus for his mostly-weekly Wiki reports: The aftermath of the European Tclers' Meeting showed a lot of announcements on c.l.t. And quite some activity on the Wiki too. Human aspects - You can read a summary of the meeting on the Wiki - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/24523> - To prote...

tcl application with tcl application

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

is tcl going to use epoll or kqueue anytime soon for its event loop?
I saw 2010 google summer of code someone did it... I am pretty sure select syscall is still used. On 28/02/2012 20:31, gavino wrote: > I saw 2010 google summer of code someone did it... I am pretty sure > select syscall is still used. It's awkward because it is legal to have multiple threads waiting on the same file descriptor. That makes managing the event distribution rather awkward (it doesn't work if you put the same FD in the wait set twice). Doubly annoying is that there's a bug in the kqueue implementation on this machine that makes it not work for terminals. :-( D...

adding events to tcl queue, or using variables and traces (C and TCL)
I'm writing simple testing framework for embedded application. The application is written on C language and runs on microchip PIC microcontroller normally. To test application I made the following: * hardware depended code was picked out from main source and written to separate source files (module_hal.c for example); * two build mode for program: for microchip PIC, using *_hal.c files dealing with real hardware, or for PC, where *_hal.c files contain hardware simulation code and bindings to TCL-commands. Then program was build for PC, I can using TCL commands change input signal st...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW^H^H^H^HGOS: A Happy New Year to participants of c.l.t I have high hopes for returning to a (regular) weekly schedule in 2008. POTW: ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.17 RELEASED by Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/6ed09825e09b6675 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.17 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventeenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports ...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > > I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of > tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in > tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. > > Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different > results!!! Why did this happens?? > > Thanks, > Ahmad The interactive Tcl shell has access to external functionality that a running script doesn't. That's done to make the interactive environment easier to work with. What, specifically, is the command sequence you're issuing in both cases? Jeff Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I've a tcl script that finally creates a certain script, that is when I run from shell using "calibredrv -gui <certainRunScript>" from command line it do exactly what I expect. I have tried two scenarios of trials, and only one of...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Web resources about - Will tcl 9 use epoll or kqueue for tcl? - comp.lang.tcl

tornado - Open Source - Facebook Code - Facebook
Meet the engineers who code Facebook

DragonFly BSD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DragonFly BSD is a free Unix-like operating system created as a fork of FreeBSD 4.8. Matthew Dillon, an Amiga developer in the late 1980s and ...

syscalls.master
syscalls.master [ plain text ] ; derived from: FreeBSD @(#)syscalls.master 8.2 (Berkeley) 1/13/94;; System call name/number master file.; This ...

Big Nerd Ranch
Find out how to leverage the powerful underlying technologies of Mac OS X by getting into the real nitty-gritty of multi-threading, interprocess ...

Introducing GCD based AsyncSocket
I've rewritten AsyncSocket from the ground up using Grand Central Dispatch . It's now thread-safe and up to 400% faster. It makes it trivial ...

emcrisostomo/fswatch · GitHub
fswatch - A cross-platform file change monitor with multiple backends: Apple OS X File System Events API, *BSD kqueue, Linux inotify and a stat-based ...

Shmoocon 2016: Efficient Debugging For OS X
Developers love their macs, and if you look at the software that comes with it, it’s easy to see why. OS X is a very capable Unix-ey environment ...

Microbenchmark comparing poll, kqueue, and /dev/poll - 24 Oct 2000
Various mechanisms of handling multiple sockets with a single serverthread are available; not all mechanisms are available on all platforms.A ...

Stakeout
Friday, July 30, 2004 Stakeout Michael McCracken’s Stakeout uses kqueue to monitor source files and re-run the unit tests when they change. Comments ...