Working autoexpect File?

Does anyone have a working autoexpect file?  Anytime I try to run the
one on HP-UX 11.00 that came with the distribution, I get errors.  If
you have it, I'd appreciate it if you could post the contents in a
reply.

Thnx,

Dave
0
davidlt77 (3)

davidlt77@hotmail.com (Dave) writes:

> Does anyone have a working autoexpect file?  Anytime I try to run the
> one on HP-UX 11.00 that came with the distribution, I get errors.  If
> you have it, I'd appreciate it if you could post the contents in a
> reply.
>
> Thnx,
>
> Dave

What errors?  And what versions of Expect and Autoexpect?

Don

0
libes (272)

Sourcing a TCL file from within a tcl file
I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source another tcl file when I type the variable name something like this if I enter A through my keyboard then source a.tcl Can someone show me how to do this thanks guy On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > something like this > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > Can someone show me how to do this > > thanks > guy What you are asking is not hard. Will your program have a graphical user interface? Aric On Dec 10, 3:26=A0pm, Aric Bills <aric.bi...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > > something like this > > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > > Can someone show me how to do this > > > thanks > > guy > > What you are asking is not hard. =A0Will your program have a graphical > user interface? > > Aric no I am just using this script...

Tcl file from .txt file
Hi, I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did = change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in = to tcl file. let me know any idea to change the txt file in to tcl file or = directly from the excel file in to tcl file.=20 your help is much more appreciated. thank you. On 11/14/14, 1:30 PM, yenilsuwal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in to tcl file. let me know any idea to c...

Tcl script hangs on deleting directory from remote machine while works for files
Hi All, As a part of my tcl script, my requirement is i need to delete contents (i.e. files and directories with my login id) from remote machine. So i am using following code catch {exec /usr/bin/rsh $mac_n {\rm -r ls -lrt /local/test | grep $username | awk {{ print $NF}}}} err1 Now this code deletes files successfully and instantaneously but it hangs while deleting folders. I also tried an alternative solution for deleting files of my login using csh script, but again while executing same script from tcl it hangs. Can some one please help me in figuring out the problem with this code. I have found another solution for deleting files using output from grep as: exec ls -ltr | grep userid | awk {{print $NF}} | xargs rm -r Now this code is working only on running this on that particular machine. If i want to run this code from a remote machine, this is still not working. I have lot of machines (linux, solaris and ibm machines) where i need to perform this operation as i can't do this operation manually. I want to do this operation form tcl script only. Now for deleting data from remote machine, i am using following code: exec /usr/bin/rsh machine_name "(cd /local/test; ls -ltr | grep $userid | awk {{print $NF}} | xargs rm -rx}" Now this is reporting error : undefined variable NF. So if i do it like : exec /usr/bin/rsh machine_name {(cd /local/test; ls -ltr | grep $userid | awk {{print $NF}} | xargs rm -rx}} Then it is reporting error as : Missin...

Help: file delete does not work on multiple files
I have a directory called 'logs' which houses *.txt. At the start of my script, I would like to delete all of these files to start from a clean slate, so I put these lines in my script: file delete logs/*.txt which does delete any file at all. Next, I tried: file delete [glob -nocomplain logs/*.txt] and it did not work, either. I have verified that glob returned the correct list. Finally, this works: foreach logFile [glob -nocomplain logs/*.txt] {file delete $logFile} If you have any insight into why the first two approaches does not work, I would like to hear from you. Thanks. Hai Hai Vu wrote: > I have a directory called 'logs' which houses *.txt. At the start of > my script, I would like to delete all of these files to start from a > clean slate, so I put these lines in my script: > > file delete logs/*.txt > > which does delete any file at all. Next, I tried: > > file delete [glob -nocomplain logs/*.txt] Did you try: file delete {*}[glob -nocomplain logs/*.txt] ? (if using 8.5) HTH, Gerry Hai Vu wrote: > I have a directory called 'logs' which houses *.txt. At the start of > my script, I would like to delete all of these files to start from a > clean slate, so I put these lines in my script: > > file delete logs/*.txt > > which does delete any file at all. Next, I tried: because there is no file named "*.txt" no magic expansion is done by the file command - it expects a f...

convert latex file to scientific work file
Hi, I m not well-informed latex and scientific work programme. So can anyone help me how I can convert a latex file to scientific work file. Thanks.. On 2 Apr., 08:52, emath <emath...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I m not well-informed latex and scientific work programme. So can > anyone help me how I can convert a latex file to scientific work file. > Thanks.. What are you referring to? The closest match I find might be "Scientific Workplace" or "Scientific Word" by MacKichan Software? From what their website claims, "Scientific WorkPlace automatically saves your documents as LaTeX files", however it "imports text (.txt) and Rich Text Format (.rtf) file". Thus you might have to try some of the latex-to-text methods findable in this forum (which might cuse problems with most mathematical formulas) ...

how technology file work with display resource file in virtuoso?
hi, all When we edit the technology file and load to the virtuoso, how does the technology file transforms to databases, and are there some API? By the way, how technology file work with display resource file in virtuoso? thanks On 09/25/12 07:41, Jiale Huang wrote: > hi, all > > When we edit the technology file and load to the virtuoso, how does > the technology file transforms to databases, and are there some API? > > By the way, how technology file work with display resource file in > virtuoso? > > thanks Have you tried reading the documentation on the technology file and display resource file? There's a lot of documentation available (your questions are rather open-ended). Run cdnshelp from the command line, or use the Help menus inside Virtuoso. Regards, Andrew. ...

Changing Work Group Files from dos batch files
Hi I have dos batch files that allow me to swop between MDW files. In the batch files, there is a start command which says: start /D"%DRV%:\" %ACCESSPATH%\MSACCESS.EXE "%PFVDRV%:\%MYDB%" /wrkgrp mdw_path_filename /user username /pwd passwd This worked fine with Windows 2K Access 2K but refused to work with XP (again Access 2k but with Access XP also installed) - telling me I hadn't the appropriate permissions. I eventually got my files working by changing the start command to start /D"%DRV%:\" %ACCESSPATH%\ MSACCESS.EXE "%PFVDRV%:\%MYDB%" /wr...

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ======================= Gogo12 wrote: > > Hi > I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate > these files > Ex . > ============================== > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > End > ================================= > > Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded > tcl script into a new file > For example > > this is a source file > ======================== > Start > * set i 0 > * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { > * puts input a [$i] wire > * } > End > ========================== > > After Translate > ======================= > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > ...

How to write tcl generated xml file into a new file
Hi, I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. Any Suggestion ???/ Thanks Ranjan On Nov 25, 12:46=A0pm, gyana behera <ranjan....@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. > After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . > I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. > > Any Suggestion ???/ > > Thanks > Ranjan Either redirect the output of the script to the xml-file. (xmlgen > output.xml) or open the file in the script: set f [open $filename w] then use puts $f instead of puts to output to the file and finally close the file: close $f Note that all this is covered in the Tcl tutorial, which is definitely worth a visit. (http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/ tcltutorial.html) Mark ...

"no such file or directory" when executing tcl file
Hi, new to TCL and hitting a road bump right out the gate. I just installed ActiveTcl 8.5 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I made the following script and saved it as test.tcl: #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh puts stdout {Hello, Patrick!} When in the TCL command prompt, I type test.tcl and it gives me the error "couldn't execute ".\test.tcl": no such file or directory". I am in the correct directory so I'm pretty lost as to why it is saying this. Here are my exact steps: <open command prompt> H:\workspaces\tcl>tclsh85 % dir Volume in drive H is Data Volume Serial Number is 828C-6076 Directory of H:\workspaces\tcl 01/12/2009 05:23 PM <DIR> . 01/12/2009 05:23 PM <DIR> .. 01/12/2009 05:37 PM 31 test.tcl 1 File(s) 31 bytes 2 Dir(s) 41,173,749,760 bytes free % test.tcl couldn't execute ".\test.tcl": no such file or directory If someone could help fill in the blanks here, I'd appreciate it. Apparently I'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks, Patrick On Jan 13, 12:43=A0am, "Patrick H." <patri...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, new to TCL and hitting a road bump right out the gate. I just > installed ActiveTcl 8.5 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I made the > following script and saved it as test.tcl: > > #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh > puts stdout {Hello, Patrick!} > > When in the TCL command prompt, I type...

[Tcl] file copy does not "touch" file. Why?
In a situation, when both source and destination files exist, file copy (with -force of course) does not update the last modification time of the destination file. This "feature" has a strong impact on cooperation with 'make'. Is that really intended? I have to do 'touch' externally to make it correct. The external "cp" command on unix does touch the destination file. -- // _ ___ Michal "Sektor" Malecki <sektor(whirl)kis.p.lodz.pl> \\ L_ |/ `| /^\ ,() <ethourhs(O)gmail.com> // \_ |\ \/ \_/ /\ C++ bez cholesterolu: http://www.intercon.pl/~sektor/cbx "I am allergic to Java because programming in Java reminds me casting spells" Sektor van Skijlen wrote: > In a situation, when both source and destination files exist, file copy (with > -force of course) does not update the last modification time of the > destination file. This "feature" has a strong impact on cooperation with > 'make'. It's that way because it makes it easier to do archival backups. If you want the mtime of the destination to be *now*, try this: proc creatingFileCopy {source destination} { file copy $source $destination file mtime $destination [clock seconds] } You might argue that there should be an option to tell [file copy] to not copy the metadata. I'd probably not argue the matter, but currently the metadata copy is done, since it's part of pr...

Merging 2 files when key variables are repeated in Working file
Hi, Lets suppose I have a big_file with 3 variables ID,Region,Var1 12,"NE",23 45,"NE",56 67,"NW",90 67,"NW",90 78,"SW",89 I have another file called small_file having variables Region,Var2 "NE",54 "NW",12 "SW",1 How to merge in SPSS in case the key variable is repeated more than once in Working data file? I want to merge Var2 of small_file with big_file. How to go about it. Using the usual merge variable syntax I get missing observations (within Var2) in row 2 and 4 of Big_file. Regards, Hari India Hari wrote: > Hi, > > Lets suppose I have a big_file with 3 variables > > ID,Region,Var1 > 12,"NE",23 > 45,"NE",56 > 67,"NW",90 > 67,"NW",90 > 78,"SW",89 > > > I have another file called small_file having variables > > Region,Var2 > "NE",54 > "NW",12 > "SW",1 > > How to merge in SPSS in case the key variable is repeated more than > once in Working data file? > > I want to merge Var2 of small_file with big_file. How to go about it. > Using the usual merge variable syntax I get missing observations > (within Var2) in row 2 and 4 of Big_file. > > Regards, > Hari > India > See example 3 (one-to-many merge) here: http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss/module...

Newbie: working with binary files/extract png from a binary file
Hello, I am reverse engineering a binary file that has an embedded PNG image in it. I opened the file in a hex editor and found the png header information, but how to use Ruby to extract the PNG to it's own file? Jim wrote: > Hello, > > I am reverse engineering a binary file that has an embedded PNG image > in it. I opened the file in a hex editor and found the png header > information, but how to use Ruby to extract the PNG to it's own file? Do you know the absolute starting position of the embedded PNG? You can get the data as a string like this: start_pos = ...

Working with files
Hi, is it possible, using a VBA macro, to directly modify a .sdlprt file without actually opening it? Is it possible using C# or C++? We have a lot of modifications to do and opening each file slows down the process quite a bit! Louis-Philippe The only thing you can modify without opening the file are Windows standard file properties, normally accessed by ModelDoc::SummaryInfo API. You can do this using "dsofile.dll" make a search on this. -- Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com Your only other option is to have a session of SolidWorks running in the background making th...

Diploma work! To Create Schematic File from Netlist text file.
Hello, I am a student of State Univercity of Moscow. I am writing Diploma work . I find these forum of Cadence company while searching the name of my Diploma in Google. I am not a member of Cadence Company . I have to create Converter , which will convert ONLY digital standard cells' netlist view into schematic file. The input file is schematic netlist --- > for example some netlist of NAND schema,with 3 inputs: I II III IV V mp1 sp1 A1 VDD VDD mp2 sp1 A2 VDD VDD mp3 Z sp1 VDD VDD mn2 sn2 A2 VSS VSS mn1 sp1 A1 sn2 VSS mn...

How to create log file and command journal files for a TCL session
I am using TCL as the command language for my C++ application. How do I add the following? 1. Command journal file that records all TCL commands that the user issues during the session. The purpose of this file is to allow someone to reproduce the same command sequence at a later time. 2. Log file that contains everything that was displayed to the user by my application, as well as by TCL. In other words, everything that was output to stdout and stderr. I can imagine how to do this with a redirect, but I wonder if there is something more straightforward. Thank you for your help with one or both of these questions. google@voom.net wrote in news:1159952849.982836.16970@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com: > I am using TCL as the command language for my C++ application. How do > I add the following? > > 1. Command journal file that records all TCL commands that the user > issues during the session. The purpose of this file is to allow > someone to reproduce the same command sequence at a later time. > > 2. Log file that contains everything that was displayed to the user by > my application, as well as by TCL. In other words, everything that > was output to stdout and stderr. I can imagine how to do this with a > redirect, but I wonder if there is something more straightforward. > > > Thank you for your help with one or both of these questions. > > 1.) In a former job I had that problem myself, trying to hack geometry...

File::Copy works, File::NCopy doesn't
I have a situation where I invoke File::Copy and File::NCopy with identical arguments - I am attempting to copy a file from one network path to another, something like copy( "\\\\$somepath\\foo\\bar.txt", "\\\\$someotherpath\\foo\\bar.txt" ); File::Copy works fine, but File::NCopy says "No such file or directory". Can NCopy's copy not handle network paths? (This is ActiveState Perl 5.8.7 for WinXP). -- Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome. C...

It works! It works!
Hey folks, Remember I posted some queries a while back about doing manipulations on directory trees and how tricky it was to keep everything consistent? Well, I've got a basic implementation up and running, and I'm proud to say that it works wonderfully. For those that are curious (Mr French?), I might divulge a bit about how it works :-) Many thanks for the help you folks have given me. I'll probably have a few more queries in the fairly near future, but it's great to get something up and running :-) MH. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:16:31 +0000, "Martin Harve...

Working with files
I am a Realbasic newbie. I have searched through all sorts of documentation to find out about reading and writing to files. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find what I need. I want to move data back and forth between my application and an XML file. For example: XML file contains: <Step01EditField01>8.5</Step01EditField1> <Step01EditField02>Meet with engineers</Step01EditField02> <Step01EditField03>Dave Stephenson</Step01EditField03> I want my application to: - identify a particular tag - read the contents ofthe tag into an edi...

Working with files
Hello, I'm attempting to write a program that does the following (*note this is for my own personal knowledge, not for any "homework" assignment) given a file (in this case the file is file.bin) Find the highest product of any 5 consectutive bytes in the file, any guidance as how to proceed would be appreciated, but I want to figure out most of this on my own. Thanks On 10 Nov 2003 12:11:34 -0800, CRL wrote: > I'm attempting to write a program that does the following (*note > this is for my own personal knowledge, not for any "homework" > assignment) > > given a file (in this case the file is file.bin) > > Find the highest product of any 5 consectutive bytes in the file, > > any guidance as how to proceed would be appreciated, but I want to > figure out most of this on my own. Since you're talking about bytes (not characters), read the file with a FileInputStream, in a loop from start to end. Keep track of the largest product you've seen so far (initialized to some suitable value). For each byte you read, calculate the product of the 5 most recent bytes. Whenever their product is greater than the largest so far, update the largest. /gordon -- [ do not email me copies of your followups ] g o r d o n + n e w s @ b a l d e r 1 3 . s e Gordon Beaton <not@for.email> wrote in message news:<3faff2f0@news.wineasy.se>... > > Since you're talking about bytes (not characters)...

tcl-inotify: File & directory level notifications for Tcl. (extension)
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-inotify. Tcl-inotify is a Tcl interface to the linux kernel's inotify* service. It provides a Tcl package that enables Tcl scripts to monitor the file system changes at a file and directory level. A large number of file/directory actions can be monitored. A proc is executed asynchronously to notify for changes. * inotify is a Linux kernel subsystem that provides file system event notifications. It was written by John McCutchan with help from Robert Love and later Amy Griffis to replace dnotify. It was included in the mainline kernel starting from release 2.6.13, and could be compiled into 2.6.12 and possibly earlier releases by use of a patch. Its function is essentially an extension to filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those changes to applications. Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-inotify/ Man page: http://tcl-inotify.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis alsterg ...

Creating a TCL Channel from a C FILE* giving strange file handles
Hey Everybody! Having a problem with the Tcl C Library calls I cant seem to= figure out. I'm trying to create a channel from opened FILE *, and use it = in a TCL script that sources the module. So, what I am running so far is: =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D int openCFileCmd(ClientData clientData,=20 Tcl_Interp *interp, int objc, Tcl_Obj *CONST o= bjv[])=20 ...

How to capture the output from TCL prompt and save it to a file on Linux file system.
Hello All, I login to TCL prompt and run a simple query which lists few rows. I want to capture those rows and save it to a file on file system. I am working on a Sun Solaris ver. 5.9. Here is the sample query that i run from TCL prompt: >SELECT DISTINCT CATEGORY FROM DS_JOBS; And the Resultant set looks like this: Category............ ABC\ACEIQ\JOBS\C UST_SPCLTY ABC\ACEIQ\JOBS\C UST_SPC SSHIP\SEQ PLIC\CNTRL Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks Vini On Mar 22, 7:26=A0pm, Vini <vinay.renukun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > I login to TCL prompt and run a simple query which lists few rows. I > want to capture those rows and save it to a file on file system. I am > working on a Sun Solaris ver. 5.9. > > Here is the sample query that i run from TCL prompt: > > >SELECT DISTINCT CATEGORY FROM DS_JOBS; > > And the Resultant set looks like this: > > Category............ > > ABC\ACEIQ\JOBS\C > UST_SPCLTY > ABC\ACEIQ\JOBS\C > UST_SPC > SSHIP\SEQ > PLIC\CNTRL > > Any advise is greatly appreciated. Wrong group. You mean "SQL" rather than "TCL". -Alex On Mar 22, 2:30=A0pm, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferri...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Mar 22, 7:26=A0pm, Vini <vinay.renukun...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > Hello All, > > > I login to TCL prompt and run a simple query which lists few rows. I > > want...

Can I compile a tcl/tk extended C file into an exe file on windows?
I'm new to tcl/tk. I have a simple tk/tcl extended C file like this, #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <tcl.h> #include <tk.h> int Tcl_AppInit(Tcl_Interp* interp) { int status; status = Tcl_Init(interp); if (status != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } /* Initialize Tk values. */ status = Tk_Init(interp); if (status != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } return TCL_OK; } int main(int argc, char** argv) { Tk_Main(argc, argv, Tcl_AppInit); return 0; } Can I compile this file into an exe file on windows? How? Thank you ysrise@gmail.com (yan) writes: [snip[ >Can I compile this file into an exe file on windows? How? > >Thank you cl -nologo -W3 -O2 -MD -I/opt/tcl/include -o thing.exe thing.c \opt\tcl\lib\tcl84.lib \opt\tcl\lib\tk84.lib If you don't have a C compiler, Google can help you find some. Microsoft even let you have theirs for free too. See the wiki. -- Pat Thoyts http://www.zsplat.freeserve.co.uk/resume.html To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header. PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97 10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD ...

Web resources about - Working autoexpect File? - comp.lang.tcl