Sharing a single general Lookup table

I am implementing the gamma correction LUT as in https://ptpb.pw/ZwYS

if I want to share a single combinatorial lookup table with multiple input, it is not possible, right ?

because in this case, the lookup table would just assign to one output reg

say all r, g and b channels want to use the same combinatorial lookup table, how would I do it ?

Someone suggested the following, could anyone advice ?
mux -> lut -> demux

But my friend told me the following instead:
A 256-sized table can be done in one slice, containing 4-luts--for every output bit.  It will consume all 4 luts of the slice.

So ... we're talking about 8 slices, or 32-luts, per color.

96 LUTs is reasonable.  Now, if you wished to somehow re-use those 96 LUTs to get your logic down to a smaller size, be prepared for the fact that it will cost logic to make any logic change--perhaps as much as the 96 LUTs that you would originally need.
0
Marvin
9/28/2016 1:32:47 AM
comp.lang.verilog 3837 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow